News:

Main Menu

Unconditional

Started by Ordell, April 28, 2009, 10:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordell

This blog is the reason I wanted to become a blogger here to begin with.  I've given a lot of thought and effort into this piece and most, if not all of my muse is dedicated to these next few paragraphs.

Unconditional

It's a simple word meaning not conditional or limited.  A word that is supposed to mean boundless, infinite, without barriers or blockades as far as emotions go and no emotion is more relevant or important than love.

Unconditional is terms of surrender and as far as everything else involving the world and our feelings go, when we are willing to love someone or something in this manner, we should surrender to them.  Our masks, our walls, everything protecting our heart from the pain of being broken should be nonexistent.  Of course, that never sits well with anyone and they keep up a couple and tell the other person, "You can know everything about me, except..."  In these situations, I can't figure our who is being cheated out more.  The one who is unwilling to share because they are hindering their companionship or the one who is trying to love them because they won't have that person's entire heart.

If you're reading this and you have a significant other, I have a question you need to ask yourself.  When you look into the eyes of that person who supposedly has your heart and you say, from the depths of your heart, body, mind, and soul, "I love you..." do you mean it?  Don't just say yes or no, sit back and reflect on things.  Are you either of the afore mentioned individuals and being denied part of that person or denying them part of you?

Something that I personally can't stress lately among those closest to me is when they say they love someone with all their heart but...  There should be no but.  Unconditional is not, "I love you in spite of that thing you do when you chew" or "I love you even though you can't do something right."  Unconditional is, "I love you."  Plain and simple. 

It's just like unconditional surrender in war or battle.  You don't keep anything for yourself when you surrender.  Instead you give everything you have to the one who has made you surrender or you wanted to surrender to.  That is a major question I have always had to ask myself when I have fallen in love with someone.  Am I giving them everything, and if not, what am I not willing to give them?  I think that may be the most difficult question of all.  Maybe it's time that I swallow my pride and raise my hands, surrendering all of who you are to that person.

Don't let fear hold you back from anything.  What if is the absolute worse phrase in the english language.  Instead, ask why not?  From recent experience, you'd be surprised how many people decide to throw fear a way, ask themselves why not, and raise their hands in surrender, only to have that one person run into the exposed person.  That is when we put our hands down, and around them and know that they are the ones who said "I love you" and meant it.

Unconditional.  It's not a simple word, not a simple task, and may be one of the hardest things we will ever have to do, but the rewards are unparalleled.  No feeling in this world is better than knowing that someone loves you, unconditionally.

Desan

I wish I could I say something extraordinary and give a detailed analysis coupled with personal experience but...

Wow.

That's all I can say.

*Applauds*

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Wistful Dream

Thank you.

For speaking from the heart, for putting into words what everyone will strive for in their lives. That unconditional love is incredible, heady and I have never found the words for it. This is so clearly from the heart and extremely powerful. I feel honored to call you my friend.

~hugs tight~