[D&D 3.5 high-level evil campaign] Project Blackguard

Started by Autocad, December 01, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kimera on December 11, 2012, 05:06:45 PM
Don't we start at level 12?

That doesn't mean I have 12 hit dice.

Amusingly though Nymphs cast as if they were level 7 when they only have 6 hit dice. So while Im behind a hit dice im not behind a caster level.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

If you're really strapped for feats, you can swear an oath of loyalty to an Elder Evil for free Vile feats, then Chaos Shuffle them away...but that's fairly high on the cheese scale.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 05:14:09 PM
If you're really strapped for feats, you can swear an oath of loyalty to an Elder Evil for free Vile feats, then Chaos Shuffle them away...but that's fairly high on the cheese scale.

High cheese and high stupidity.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, I like to think we're all too smart/sane to pledge ourselves to entities attempting to obliterate reality.

But then, I also despise the Chaos Shuffle on general principle.

PaleEnchantress

High priority feats for me to get are Find Familiar, Landlord, and Item Familiar, (Corpsecrafter would be a major boon if it worked on my spawn rather then what i make from spells)

Feats I have: Spellcasting Prodigy, A Feast Unknown, Leadership, Undead Leadership,

Feats from flaws: Path of Blood, Improved Cohort.

Improved Cohort could be postponed for one level, my cohorts would start one level lower then but they could gain it as soon as I hit 12 and take that feat.

Spellcasting Prodigy isn't 100% necessary but it's hard to justify giving up a feat thats +1 dc for all spells and more spells per day.

TheGlyphstone

Spellcrafting Prodigy was nerfed when they reprinted it in PGtF, remember - it only boosts your spells/day now, with no effect on the save DC. So that might be good reason to give it up.

And really...Item Familiar? Talk about unleashing the gouda.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 05:28:18 PM
Spellcrafting Prodigy was nerfed when they reprinted it in PGtF, remember - it only boosts your spells/day now, with no effect on the save DC. So that might be good reason to give it up.

And really...Item Familiar? Talk about unleashing the gouda.

Oh Phooey! Well at least I don't have to wait for item familiar, I do have to wait to make it intelligent though. 

PaleEnchantress

Ah Just noticed I have to be level 3 for item familiar (and only my level 1 slot can be opened). Find Familiar it is!

Autocad

Just letting you guys know I'm still alive, if somewhat busy these past couple of days.

To answer a question I recall seeing, cohorts go by LA as written. I'll review the thread for other questions later on.

TheGlyphstone

I'm thinking of having a Gravetouched Ghoul Totemist as my Undead Cohort (would use a Bone Creature, Corpse Creature, or outright Necropolitan if I could, but the first two have no LA and the second is effectively +2 LA anyways in our XP-less system here). Question, though, is whether I can 'stack' natural weapons on the same limbs; i.e., a Ghoul has two claw attacks natively, and if I bind the Bloodtalons soulmeld, I gain two claw attacks...does that give me 4 total claw attacks, or can I still only make one attack with each arm despite there being two sets of claws on each hand?

Re Z L

A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Re Z L on December 11, 2012, 07:32:44 PM
temptation to join in this game rising

:o

There's a two or three person waiting list at this point.

Re Z L

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 07:33:59 PM

You have crushed my hopes and dreams   :'(

You truly are a high level evil person!
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 07:33:59 PM

Re Z L is a close personal friend of mine, and would likely keep me entertained enough that I wouldn't have to involve all of you in my horrid sexual experiments.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 11, 2012, 07:46:51 PM
Re Z L is a close personal friend of mine, and would likely keep me entertained enough that I wouldn't have to involve all of you in my horrid sexual experiments.

That's up to Autocad...but there's still a few people who expressed interest before, and I'd think it wouldn't be fair to them simply on general principle.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 07:48:44 PM
That's up to Autocad...but there's still a few people who expressed interest before, and I'd think it wouldn't be fair to them simply on general principle.

Of course it's fair. He has someone in the game already who wants him. It's like saying "hey dude my wife really wants to be my partner in this game" and hearing "Sorry the strangers that messaged me come first"

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, that's what fair means - no one gets an advantage other than when they expressed interest.

Like I said, it's up to Autocad. If I put out an open all-call for a game on a first-come-first-serve basis, though, I wouldn't boot someone from the alternates list simply on the say-so of a person who'd already gotten in.

PaleEnchantress

I don't understand why somebody that no one cares about should ever get in before someone who already has a place. Oh well. Ill talk to Autocad really. I told Re Z L to work on a concept first so I can pitch that with him.

TheGlyphstone

PaleEnchantress

TheGlyphstone

Which is what I'm saying - you're biased in favor of having your friend jump to the front of the queue, so to speak. That wouldn't fly in most other situations with waiting line/lists, so I don't see any reason why it should apply here.

No reason you can't do a 1v1 game with him if you want to play with him, but it'd be unfair to the people who already expressed interest to make them step back for the latecomer.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:12:15 PM
Which is what I'm saying - you're biased in favor of having your friend jump to the front of the queue, so to speak. That wouldn't fly in most other situations with waiting line/lists, so I don't see any reason why it should apply here.

Because the other people are meaningless. I think many waiting lists have someone who bypasses them because they know someone on the inside. Being fair serves no purpose. Rez getting in makes me happy. No one getting in doesn't really help anyone, and a stranger getting in makes me hate them. Being fair serves no one.

TheGlyphstone

It serves the people who wouldn't get in otherwise, the ones who fairly asked for their spot in line first. That's good enough, and if you're so adamant about the other people getting cheated of their rightful place in line to let your buddy in ahead of them, that's a distinctly unfair bit of pressure to put on Autocad by effectively blackmailing him.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:20:28 PM
It serves the people who wouldn't get in otherwise, the ones who fairly asked for their spot in line first. That's good enough, and if you're so adamant about the other people getting cheated of their rightful place in line to let your buddy in ahead of them, that's a distinctly unfair bit of pressure to put on Autocad by effectively blackmailing him.

The other people don't matter that's what I'm saying. I have a feeling Autocad might not let anyone in, but I'm certainly not going to make a welcoming place for a stranger who enters ahead of a friend.

TheGlyphstone

And your friend matters zilch compared to any of the others in anyone's mind except your own, is what I'm saying. There's five of us (plus the GM) who would happily welcome anyone...or any two...replacements, if you're unwilling to play alongside someone you didn't pre-approve for a game you're not running.