One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland RP) Recruiting Now!

Started by Revenent, March 20, 2012, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Professional

Name: Jack 'Jackyl' Mason.

Race: Werewolf <--Size reference

Appearance:

Sexual Preference: Mostly attracted to Females, but has not been

Former Gang: Currently in Prison, Jack once ran a rather successful fringe gang of smugglers and drug runners. He ruled with an iron fist and even caught the attention of both the Brothers fallen and the Maidenhood: Unfortunately, it was the wrong attention: After undercutting the Brotherhood of a rather potent drug deal, the demonic institution organised a bust to have the leader of the gang, Jack, imprisoned indefinably. The plan was complex, but suffices to say, it ended when Jack was caught in bed with 4 maidenhood members, surrounded by the corpses of 2 of the Brotherhood's finest assassins and half of the city’s police force at his door, ready to arrest him. The gang disbanded, quickly assimilated by the other gangs. Should He get out, the Lycanthropic gang-member would have a lot of connections

Gang Position: He has experience in being a Gang-leader: But would probably not seek the position again. He makes an excellent fighter, and is a competent drug maker and Scientist: A jack of several trades.

Weapon of Choice: In his human form, he is a mediocre fighter: Only skilled with a Knife and a pistol, normally at the same time. In his Half-transformed state, he has the strength to make anything a weapon, in his fully transformed state, he has the capabilities to Smash people to pieces or rip them to shreds. If the moon is high in the sky, he can slaughter demons. And, if the (full) moon is right, he could destroy buildings.

Additional Skills: An excellent charismatic figure. He has good negotiation skills and a lot of contacts in other gangs.

Personality: When you ask Jack about his personality, he'd answer something along the lines of 'A charismatic playboy with glorious taste in all things ever.' Should you ask anyone else, he is an arrogant, self-important womaniser with an ego as big and as dangerous as his lycanthropic form. He is prideful and impulsive, taking as much pride in his appearance as his transformation and even as his intellect. In his human form, he oozes self-control and sophistication. With a plan for every situation

As Jack embraces more of his Lycanthropic transformation, He'll lose less of the sophistication and self-control and become much more 'wild'. Considering the Lycanthropic part of him has basically developed its own psyche, devoid of the transformation itself: This can translate to a lot of things. It can be the more literal meaning of him being more animalistic and savage in a fight. Or he could simply give into his impulses instantly, letting loose an animalistic man only after his desires.

Bio: Jack has been a fixture in the city for a long time. He started out as a human scientist, hired by the very first incarnation of The Light of Dawn to find the secrets of the less human species' genetics. Things like natural weaknesses, aversions to substances...Things that made mythical creatures much easier to kill. Since having that information made controlling the city much easier. Eventually, the brother's fallen decided that letting the Light having such an advantage wasn't quite in their best interest. So a pack of hunter demons was sent to bring Jack's research back with him...Along with Jack's head.

Fate would decree that Jack didn't die that day. He was finishing up the last round of testing when the Brother's hit squad entered his facility. He was testing on the Lycanthropic gene, and knowing that he would die otherwise, he reached a state of desperation. He unleashed every test subject, killing some of the demons but not all of them. Soon, all that separated the man and a rather painful death was an Iron door that would last less than an hour. Jack turned to his only remaining weapon: Science. He injected a concentrated form of the Lycanthropic Venom, as well as a modified version of the Lycanthropic gene. Jack woke up several hours later: Naked, bloody and alive. Having slaughtered every living creature, and whatever else was in the building. He went into hiding, taking on a persona.

One hundred years later, after all the gangs had long since forgotten about his existence, Jack resurfaced from the shadows, attempting to create his own gang. The story is a tragically short one, ending up with the man in Prison, where he remains even now. During his 100 year exile, he managed to gain a modicum of control over his lycanthropy. He can transform at will, and has the power to control said transformation most of the time, the exception being days surrounding the full moon. And the more of his power he draws on, the more he loses his temporary sanity and control. Sometimes, during times of extreme stress, the lycanthropic side can simply take control, even in human form.

Theme Song (optional): (Undecided. Working through a short list including

Metalzephyr

Hey, I'd like to give this a shot, just gonna say the same thing I've been making sure to make clear to any RP I've applied for.

I have, in the past, had issues after my first few weeks in an RP with my passion to write cooling off significantly. I wouldn't be posting here however, unless I thought I could sustain a reasonable amount of posting. If I was having issues with my interest in RPing taking a dip of any serious kind, I would be keeping in close communication with you Revenent.

Now, whether this is an issue for you or not, just let me know. I am posting a character bio below anyways, as I just kinda like writing these things out. I am just trying to learn from past mistakes and be a quality member of an RP.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:  Nick Voss

Race:  Satyr.

Appearance: While some satyrs are short weedy gits, Nick is one of the larger breed. Standing at 6'6", he is appears largely to be a very muscular human male. The thick ribbed horns that curl from behind his temples, their dull tips curling away from his head, much like a Ram's. His face is otherwise that of a handsome man, but not strikingly so. Otherwise, the only thing that classifies him as a 'sub-human' are his legs, backward bent and with thick fur from the top of his thighs to several inches above his cloven hooves. A scowl usually darkens his features, which helps him cut a very physically intimidating figure. He often dresses much like a bouncer, or enforcer, but when he has the option, fine suits are by far his favourite thing to wear.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual. Dominant, and very physical. Also, Satyr, you can guess what his appetites are like.

Former Gang: The Unleashed.

Gang Position: Enforcer. Whether used for actual raids or hits, or just kept as a visible reminder of the gang's physical threats, he has been locked into this role based on his appearances.

Weapon of Choice: Brass knuckles / horns. Anything that hits hard and he can use his momentum and physical strength for. Occasionally throws on more exotic fist weapons when occasion calls for it.

Additional Skills: Businessman and planner. Nick isn't always the most smooth talker, or best at convincing others to see his way with words alone, but he has a remarkable head for business and setting out long term plans. Very intelligent, but often underestimated because of his race and size.

Personality: A very smart individual currently frustrated by the limitations others put on him. Generally very serious, but can find humour in terribly morbid or odd events. When he isn't stormy and broody, likely to be very dangerous, as things are going according to plan.

Bio:  Born and raised on a farm, Nick was valued only for his strength. But in his spare time, he read voraciously, and when he was 17, gathered his things, and left the farm, headed for the big city. He quickly found employment as a bar bouncer at a dive in Middle City, and spent most of his wage and free time on educating himself about business. His reputation for physical capability got around quickly, and a member of the Unleashed offered him more than triple what he was being paid to work for them when he was 18. Since then he has worked for them, patiently educating himself when he could, and investing what money he made in bettering his mind. He has primarily been an enforcer during raids by and against other gangs, or alternatively as eye-candy/intimidation for various bosses in the gang's 'courts' and events. Despite gaining a reputation for competency, the Centaur bosses of the Unleashed aren't interested in the sort of ideas Nick has been trying to get them to agree to for the past decade. He has been attempting, with no success, to convince them to let him run a legitimate nightclub/bar, and use a legitimate cover to better do business in areas the gang normally cannot access due to their 'sub-human' image. The leadership would prefer to focus on their drugrunning and production, and generally rejecting 'proper' society. Nick wants to use 'proper' society, not become it, but assumptions about his intelligence, capabilities, and the direction of the gang, prevented his ideas from taking hold.

While still young for a Satyr, Nick has decided he has had enough, and quit the gang. Their initial reaction was hostile, but it became clear quickly that he was more trouble to eliminate than to ignore after he took out their hitmen on three separate occasions. He doesn't hold a grudge for that, seeing it as just doing business. He has admitted his idea make not work for now, but he wants to be in a gang that doesn't ignore his mental strength, and is at least open to some of his ideas.

Theme Song (optional): Afraid I don't have anything yet! But it will likely be metal when I do :D

Lemme know what you think!

Revenent

Jackyl - Approved

Just be careful not to make him too overpowered compared to the rest of the characters, Pink.

Nick Voss - Approved

My apologies to falling behind again on when I wanted to get this started, but it's been kind of a difficult week. The basics of it are that certain trusts on a number of levels were betrayed, and now I won't be able to speak to one of my closest friends for a good, long time, but I'll do what I can to start this when I get back online later this evening. Make sure to let me know if your character is going to need special arrangements to hook up with the main gang, rather than just showing up to meet at the start.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Revenent on April 06, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
My apologies to falling behind again on when I wanted to get this started, but it's been kind of a difficult week. The basics of it are that certain trusts on a number of levels were betrayed, and now I won't be able to speak to one of my closest friends for a good, long time, but I'll do what I can to start this when I get back online later this evening. Make sure to let me know if your character is going to need special arrangements to hook up with the main gang, rather than just showing up to meet at the start.

Sorry to hear. Life does happen. Thanks for letting us know about the delay.

I think there are three of us from the Maidenhood who probably can easily be tied together to 'hook up' with the gang. Not sure about how it will work for diverse others.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Revenent

What he said. Since some of you seem to have missed it, check out the OP here to find links to the first IC thread, the OOC, and the character thread.

Oh, and I think you missed my earlier request, Ironwolf. Do you mind mirroring your character's image and replacing it? It just shows up as a small question mark box on the Elliquiy page.

Ironwolf85

no prob, seems odd that that was working fine when I first posted
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Vergil1989

Hey guys and gals.  I cannot believe I missed this when it first came up.  Rev, how could you let me miss out on all the fun?  Lol, joking aside, I am curious to see what the numbers are for the gangs, meaning how many people are in each.  Just curious since I want to try to balance things out a little bit if at all possible.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Metalzephyr

Heya Vergil!

We're actually all former-gang members of various gangs, the RP is about us joining some new gang. I think Rev is okay with people currently being in another gang and needing some RP to get out, but the one gang together seems to be sort of the goal.

Thus the 'former gang' entry in the character sheet. I was confused as hell at first lol.

As for those of former gangs, we have at least a few Maidenhood members, 2 Unleashed, I think 2 from that big demons one, and a handful of mercenary types.

Vergil1989

Name:  Demona, The Pleasure Fiend

Race:  Full fledged, fully formed succubus.  (Details to follow.  Hint, think Constantine.)

Appearance: 

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Former Gang:  The Maidenhood

Gang Position:  The Ambassador/the Drug Alchemist.  Her advanced age has allowed her to learn much about modern drugs and her powers as a succubus allow her to work nearly anyone over into seeing things her way.  Nearly anyone....

Weapon of Choice:  Her body alone is all the weapon she needs.  Even so, she has a rather wicked fetish for whips and chains and the skill to employ them with deadly efficiency should she ever need to.  Normally she uses such weapons during her 'playtime', but regardless she also has two jeweled daggers on her slender hips, loving to see the life leave her prey's eyes when she's right in their faces.

Additional Skills:  You'd be surprised how much a skilled hooker can learn from clients while in the throes of passion.  So it should come as no surprise how much I learn to use to my advantage in just one night.
Demona, also known as the Pleasure Fiend, is one of the few true succubi that haven't had to force their way into a human host to work her particular brand of hellish magic as so many other demons have before her.  There's a reason for that but for now, know that she can shape shift to any female or near female form she wishes, can employ a variety of drugs for various effects for the pleasure of her clients who she 'negotiates' with for the Maidenhood, and has power over pheromones from both men and women alike, regardless of sexual experience or lack there of.  Her fangs in her upper lip and the stinger in her whip like tail also holds a potent aphrodisiac venom that in men forces the production of semen to almost unbearable levels with just one painless sting/bite which is a conduit for her soul stealing power which in turn feeds her hunger for soul energy when they climax in or on her.  She can feed from women as well but it requires more and closer contact to have an equal effect.  She doesn't mind though.

Personality:  Demona is the ultimate negotiator, or so many have said.  She is utterly charming, alluring, sexually driven, and isn't afraid to speak what is on her mind.  She is a demon and has the wisdom and cunning of her species with countless years of experience to fall back on.  Few have ever said no to her repeatedly, if at all, and the few that do she finds only the utmost respect as long as they show her the same thing in kind.  Intelligent and a very, VERY hands on person, Demona is a force of nature in the underground gang wars that keep the gears of Middle City turning.  She's also the grease in many plans that tend to fall through the cracks when opponents try to outwit her or overpower her, only to end up bound in chains and beaten, tortured, and punished in every imaginable way she can think of before having the life sucked out of them one painful/pleasurable climax at a time.

Bio:  Demona was one of the few demons that Constantine, the legendary demon hunter and exorcist had not been able to find or defeat before she had clawed her way out of a human host, making herself physically manifest when she had finally succeeded where others had failed or had been stopped soon after they had.  When the start of the end of the world had been thwarted by the man's efforts, she had kept herself as far from him as she could because she was enjoying her time on Earth too much to risk such a confrontation.  All that aside, she originally joined the Maidenhood at its founding, and while she could have worked her way to the top, she preferred to be out on the streets, peddling the newest drugs she had created herself, as well as 'negotiating' favorable deals for her sisters in arms with every exotic being she ran into.  All that changed when she found someone she couldn't manipulate, the new leader of the Maidenhood after the old one left.  She was totally ruthless and uncaring for any of the demon's advances or her ideas, preferring to regulate the succubus's actions to simply fucking everyone the woman wanted her to, pumping them for information as she did.  It wasn't that which bothered her because Demona would be the first to admit she was a whore of Hell and she loved every second of sex she could get with any being, regardless of what they were or what their preferences were, (for the most part.)  It was the simple fact she'd been discarded like so much trash that got under Demona's supple and soft flesh which was just as malleable as clay.  So, one day she decided she had had enough, packed up her lab of goodies, and left it all behind for greener pastures, to put it one way.

Theme Song (optional):
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Revenent

Demona - Approved

Glad to have you aboard, Vergil. ;D She looks like she'll be a lot of fun, and very useful for an intel-focused leader like Marc.

You know the drill. Post her in the character thread, drop by the OOC, and post in our first IC whenever you're ready.

Vergil1989

I'd be most happy to do so Rev buddy.  Let the games begin!

Katz

Hi!
So that's my very first character here on elliquiy, I hope you like him, and yes I thought about Deadpool while creating him :)

Name: Wade Richter

Race: Human with alchemical and genetic alterations. Mostly faster regeneration, resistance to pain and faster reflexes.

Appearance: Wade doesn't look extraordinary or does anything to make him so. Although he is very lean and muscular many parts of his body are covered in scars.

Sexual Preference: Straight.

Former Gang: Been there, done that. He didn't exclusively joined one gang, but sold out his skills for the most bidding.

Gang Position: Assassin, also some proficiency in alchemy and weapon smithing.

Weapon of Choice: With no supernatural skill to rely on, Wade trained in nearly all available weapon classes, be it swords, rocket launchers, pistols, sniper or simply hand to hand. Although his favorite mode of attack is planting custom made claymores for his target and sniping its head of with a comfortable mile between them.

Additional Skills: Like said before, he doesn't has supernatural abilities, besides his weapon skills if you want, he relies on alchemy to remedy some of that. Healing potions, narcotics, poison and any other stuff he could use, he is able to make so himself. In combination with his experience in weapons he does like to tinker around... so claymores with silverballs, bullets infused with holy water, demonic blood, garlic or whatever type of enemy he has to fight are nothing exotic for him. 

Personality: He's mostly comfortable alone, but is able to work in a team. But he has some quirks, mostly from the myriads of potions he ingested, that make him seem unreliable (if he didn't take another potion against that). Wade has some kind of moral codex, which only does make sense to him, although he seems to bend it around pretty much if he feels like. Having lost his parents to supernaturals he is not very comfortable around any of them, making his finger twitch for his guns and swords. Like an employer once said: "Wade if you only could get that mouth of yours under controll..."

Bio: Pretty early in his life Wade lost his parents to supernaturals, foreshadowing his dark later life. Being a orphan on a street with demons, vampires and any other predators he learned to fight for himself very soon. His skill for survival and killing brought him attention from one of the few purely human companies still in business. They trained him to be a hitman and with the following years he only honed his skill in the arts. Later his employees got killed in the gang wars and so he was alone again, but this time he was one of the predators. Now he's selling out his skills as gun for hire, hitman or anything else which seems fit to his abilities.

Theme Song (optional):
Edit: And yup, I would totally play him schizophrenic, fully armed and schizophrenic.
Totally so.

Revenent

Wade Richter - Approved

He's no Deadpool, but he'll do. ;D Post your character sheet in the appropriate thread, stop by the OOC, and then feel free to start posting. If you need me to fill you in on any details you may have missed, don't hesitate to ask.