"My Topics" suggestion

Started by Trieste, February 13, 2008, 12:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

I use the 'my topics' function to keep track of my threads and post in 'em and stuff, but I notice it shows on the right who started the thread, but not who the last post was from. Is there any way to add this info? A lot of the time I'll sort through and read posts, then ponder a response for a while, and then I lose track of which ones have been replied to, or if a new reply has gone up ... it'd just be useful if you could go to the my topics tab and see who the last person to post in each thread was instead of clicking all over the place.

:)

BK Geno

Click on the link, and then look to the far right, it will say who the last poster was, and when they posted, but only in the forum, sadly.

While I agree it would be useful, I am not sure if it really needs to be corrected, as the thread lights up when there is a new post.
Panic is ALWAYS an appropriate answer!

Jeramiahh

You'll notice the ones in pink have new replies to them; also, you can check the page, in the section at the top "View unread replies to my posts", which will show all threads you've posted in, that have new replies. Also, keeping count of the number of replies, if it's a one-on-one, will tell you if a post has been made without opening it; odd if you started it, even if you didn't, means there's a new reply.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Trieste

*nod* I notice they're in pink when there's a new post. But I have a habit of accidentally marking stuff read, or reading a thread, then wandering off to think about a response, then forgetting what I was going to respond to. It's me being a scatterbrain, no big deal, but I thought I'd toss the suggestion out there. :P

Rydia

Quote from: Jeramiahh on February 13, 2008, 02:07:05 AM
You'll notice the ones in pink have new replies to them; also, you can check the page, in the section at the top "View unread replies to my posts", which will show all threads you've posted in, that have new replies. Also, keeping count of the number of replies, if it's a one-on-one, will tell you if a post has been made without opening it; odd if you started it, even if you didn't, means there's a new reply.

Actually, it's even if *YOU* start it.

Person A opens a thread.
Person B replies, making the first response.
Person A replies to Person B's post, making the second response.
Check it out.

What are you doing just reading this profile?  Say hello to the friendly Rydia.

Caeli

Regardless of who starts it or not, I still feel like this would be useful. The pink highlight goes away once you read the thread, and I personally don't always reply to my games when I first get the response. True, you can keep count of which games are started by you and which ones by your partner, but having a little blurb saying who the last reply was from would make it much simpler.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Amberghylles

You can 'mark unread' which will close the post but leave it pink to let you know it needs a reply.  I use this a lot myself.

Caeli

... That is a good point, and one I hadn't thought to use. ;D Thanks.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs