X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: kingmaster1 on June 04, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
Yay! I'm gonna get to work, then :-)

I post it here for approval, yes?

Correct again! ^__^

Damn you are good at this!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

kingmaster1

kingmaster1

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Marco assorbimento
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Intake
Citizenship and other legal info: Dual citizenship in Italy and America
Place of Birth: Amalfi Coast
Education: up to highschool but with practically no attendance

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 187 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
Ethnicity: Mostly Italian with some English on his mother's side
General Appearance: Marco holds a healthy tan after living on the coast the majority of his life and often is seen with his lucky sunglasses either resting on his face or on top of his head. He enjoys keeping his hair up and gelled, taking great pride in his beautiful hair and rugged beard. He keeps himself trimmed to his liking, often taking quite some time in the mornings to get it just how he likes. His sense of fashion comes from the Italian magazines he is mailed regularly and often keeps to the newest trends of fashion, but isn't opposed to relaxing in a white tee and tight jeans.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Pansexual
Ons/Offs: Marco grew up in the land of amore and takes pride in his ability to wue the beautiful ladies and handsome men he comes across, often using classic romance techniques passed down in his family. (the rest is linked in writer's signature)
Goals: Learn to completely control himself and even enhance his current abilities
Wealth Level: Born 2 but grew it to 4 himself
Personality: Marco is quite sure of himself, never doubting that he can do anything and everyone. He rarely believes any sort of criticism given to him, especially about his looks, but will often take things from the teachers to heart. He can come off as cocky but, rather than admit this, he simply says he sees the best in everyone, including himself, he just happens to have more of the best in himself. Admittedly vain he keeps a mirror on him to make sure his hair or anything else doesn't get messed up throughout the day and, if it does, he keeps a comb handy to fix emergencies. His cocky nature often keeps people from noticing how much he values other people, considering close friends just as important as biological family. He holds a very deep connection to those he calls friend and treasures them beyond belief. Likewise whoever hurts his family and friends will know the wrath of a man scorn.

He is forever interested in the extents that his power can reach and the amount of things he can do with it, this bred an immense curiosity in himself that he constantly tries to understand.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Any they forced him to but often didn't pay attention to anything until reaching Xavier's school
Year: High school graduate
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS:
Fighting: 3 - Agility: 4 - Strength: 3 - Endurance: 6 - Reason: 4 - Intuition: 3 - Psyche: 2

POWERS:
Matter absorption - Marco has the ability of absorbing and retaining a large amount of matter inside of his body, this often includes small objects seemingly disappearing into his skin but he can also fit something as large as a rifle or broadsword. So far he has found that he can take almost anything that isn't larger than himself and can hold multiple objects at once.

Body manipulation - Any object Marco can bring into his body he can make replace limbs or simply stick out of random parts of himself. He can retrieve a limb and produce another object instantly, the object appearing as a replacement and being completely attached to him as much as his own hand would be. These new implements don't gain nerves and feel nothing more than they normally would if unattached.

Matter ejection - Any material taken into Marco can be expelled at speeds up to 60 mph depending on the area it is shot from. He can control the force in which it is expelled but is poor at aiming from any spot but his hands, every part of himself is a potential exit point.

Matter destruction - Small materials taken into Marco's body can be broken down to their base materials (such as melted iron or dust) and expelled as such or reformed into something of similar size. He hasn't attempted to use this on anything larger than a handgun but he theorizes that he could even combine materials and make something new from what he'd initially taken into himself.

Quick intake - Though his abilities are not an instinct it can activate quickly to the point where a bullet fired at him can be absorbed and quickly redirected in another direction. The momentum doesn't allow his body to break them down so he can only redirect them so far.

ADVANTAGES:
Strong swimmer - Growing up where he did Marco learned to be a powerful swimmer, learning at an early age on how to traverse large areas of the sea and able to effectively swim against the current more than a normal person would.
Street smart - Marco is fully aware of how to talk to gang members and people of criminal origins and knows how to get what he wants from people like this.
Drug identification - Marco can identify over 40 different narcotics without having to even get a close up of them, something as simple as the smell or sight of them will tell him exactly what they are and if they are quality

DISADVANTAGES:
Nightmares - Marco is prone to nightmares, having one almost every single night about one thing or another
Former addict - A previous addiction to Narcotics makes him fidget in some circumstances and weary of any sort of medication
Needle fear - Holds a nearly crippling fear of needles

SKILLS:
Skilled driver: - Marco can operate a large amount of heavy equipment and is  skilled at driving large trucks and semis
Street fighter: - Marco isn't a trained fighter but knows how to hold his own in a fight and won't give up easily
Multilingual - Marco is fluent in both Italian and English

HISTORY:
Marco was born to a poor family, not even delivered at a hospital but rather born in his grandfather's home where his mother had been staying. His father was a dock worker who operated heavy machinery and often was a part of the fishing boats that came to port. He made enough to give them food but wasn't the life of luxury that Marco dreamed of since he could remember. He heard of people who lived in huge houses, had butlers, had the world by a string and his biggest dream was to become one of them. While his father worked his mother stayed at home, it was a simple life, even when they were dealing with Marco and his knack for getting into trouble.

Marco was always in trouble daily when he got into school and would often cut class to go to the beach, this only increasing as he aged. When he got into highschool he began rolling with a local gang, they didn't seem like much at first but, when he was properly brought in, he learned of their booming drug trade. Most people were taken aback by this but Marco saw it as an opportunity, these dealers were loaded! If he got into their good graces and took part in this he might be able to get the life he always dreamed of, at least, that was his thinking.

Two solid years Marco worked with them, transporting drugs throughout the country mascaraing as a trucking company that traveled from place to place. The money was good, he was able to support his family completely and even get them a nicer home, he was starting to live the life he'd dreamed of. Along the way Marco continued to deliver but it didn't take long to develop his own addiction to the supply.

It was around this time that he first noticed his abilities. At first it was involuntary, things he was holding just seemed to disappear and he couldn't find them until they slipped out of his body. He couldn't believe it at first but he soon found he was something people called a mutant and his ability was quite useful to his job. After training his ability over a few months he began using it as another way to avoid being caught with his supply, storing up to eight pounds of narcotics inside of himself until he was able to drop it off.

The money he gained would soon go into supplying his habit, it was a terrible cycle but he couldn't stop himself. His parents, who previously believed he was actually trucking soon discovered the needles and drugs he kept to himself and promptly turned their son into the Italian police department. They believed it was for the best, he would have time to detox and learn his lesson. He was given six months in prison and, as he detoxed, he went through hell. It didn't just have the normal effects on a human being, his powers were affected as well and he would constantly be stripped searched because metal was taken into his body that he simply couldn't get out of himself. He spent lots of time in solitary confinement.

When he was released he was clean and left the gang he'd been in. He wouldn't go through that again. A month after his release he was approached by Professor Xavier. The offer he was given was amazing, a school he could go to to train himself, a place he could start anew and not have to worry about the gangs, it was perfect. He accepted immediately and vowed to his parents that he would better himself at this new school and return to help them someday.

(alright, there we go, hopefully he meets the criteria XD )

Daelen

This game looks both daunting and devilishly interesting... One question before I commit to playing or playing anyone in particular. Is there a list of those taken already? I'd hate to sit here for hours coming up with ideas just to find out I missed them being claimed, if it can be helped!
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Daelen

Found that list, that's what I get for coming in tired LOL. Considering an idea that may or may not work. Iron Man, reimagined as a technopath with a suit that he's telepathically linked into. If that doesn't fit the flow of this game, totally understand and I'm sure I could come up with something else!

Keldia

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 02:56:11 AM
Found that list, that's what I get for coming in tired LOL. Considering an idea that may or may not work. Iron Man, reimagined as a technopath with a suit that he's telepathically linked into. If that doesn't fit the flow of this game, totally understand and I'm sure I could come up with something else!

While Marmalade has the final say on that, you might want to check out the Extremis Armor for some inspiration if you get the a-okay on Tony Stark using a telepathically-linked suit (if you didn't know about it already). :-) It's kind of a read but goes into excruciating detail about the capabilities and limitations of such a suit that might help while creating a sheet!
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

We have that exact concept in play already :) though I haven't seen the payer around.

I don't even see it in the approved characters list so it is possible they never made it that far. It may be possible but there'd be some heavy limitations needed.

Daelen

I understand where you're coming from about limitations, but I wonder if you could give me some ideas what you mean?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 07:51:36 AM
I understand where you're coming from about limitations, but I wonder if you could give me some ideas what you mean?

Sure thing :) I just meant that Iron Man's suits in the comics have basically become so advanced they can do anything at all. Missiles to telekinesis to lasers to freeze rays to super strength and space flight and hacking cellular communications, and really anything you can think of, mostly all done within a single suit. So with this being a more teenage version plus adding a power to Tony we'd just need to make sure it stays reasonable for the setting.

Daelen

Oh absolutely. I envision Tony as a snarky teenage genius, 16 but taking college courses, but with the classic Iron Man suit, as far as I'm concerned. Flight (but not space) and some basic weaponry. I'll be playing him out of the suit more than in, in the typical day to day anyway.

Daelen

Daelen

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Anthony Edward Stark
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Tony, Iron Man, Warmachine (unless this character gets picked up), Shellhead
Place of Birth: Long Island, New York
Education: Already in College

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'10", 6'3" in armor
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Clean cut, skinny, dresses 'down' to the general public and it's obvious (designer clothes made to look cheap, or 'normal', fashion always a little 'off'), almost always staring at a screen or buried in the electrical wiring of a new toy.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Straight
Ons/Offs: Women, fast cars, the latest tech. Inexperienced, but assume basic 'vanilla' interests.
Goals: To outlive his father's legacy and shadow
Wealth Level: 5
Personality: Snarky asshole to his core, he's better than everyone and he knows it. Still, he's got a good heart underneath the veneer, and won't back down against a bully, especially if they're bullying someone else.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Dual Majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, and Computer Science
Year: Sophomore in College
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Who has time?
Roommate: Random

STATS:
Fighting: 3 (Tony) 5 (in suit) - Agility: 3 (Tony), 8 (In Suit) - Strength: 2 (Tony), 7 (In Suit)- Endurance: 3 (Tony), 7 (In Suit) - Reason: 7 - Intuition: 5 - Psyche: 3

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
Technopathy - Tony has always had a knack for mechanical engineering and computer programming, but it wasn't until the last year or so that he's realized that some machines talk in a literal language, and he's able to understand it and even communicate basic ideas in return. Tony used this knowledge to build a 'personal bodyguard' to defend against bullies at his last school, but was kicked out when said bodyguard attacked one of the other students. The 'bodyguard' recently has begun responding to his commands and can be worn as a suit in times of need. Has no control or connection with "ancient" technology (anything without a computer chip is right out).
Suit's Powers: Flight (with or without Tony inside), Anti-Radar stealth, target avoidance, nonlethal concussive energy blasts, each piece is fully controlled by Tony's mind, both separately and as a single unit. Chin mounted Comm unit allows for use of cell towers for communication. Suit is pressurized for flight but only up to high altitude flight. All weaponry is nonlethal per Professor Xavier's insistence, including rubber bullets, taser rounds, flak cannon for anti projectile defense, and the signature unibeam.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
Intuitive Senses - Tony has a sense for when things are 'off'. Nothing superhuman here, unless he's getting cues from a computer brain in the room.
Personal drive - When Tony is into something, when he's working, it is almost like he doesn't even need sleep. He has stayed up for days at a time just tinkering with his gadgets, only to fall over and sleep for the next 18 hours.
Wealth When your dad starts a fund in your name, and gives you general access to the money (whether he knew it or not at the time is irrelevant), wealth counts as an advantage.

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
Addictive Personality - Tony is an addict, mostly an adrenaline junkie at this age, through and through. Never backs out of a bet, always willing to try the new "latest thing". Too young to drink or smoke, but when the time comes that'll be a problem too. Sees most situations as problems that must be solved, and doesn't rest until he solves every problem he faces.
Temper - He hides it well in snark, but Tony has a short fuse to say the least. Always diving headfirst into problems gets him into more trouble than it gets him out of.

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
Computers: - Needless to say, Tony knows his way around a hard drive.
Repair: - If it breaks, and he can understand how it worked to begin with, he can probably fix it. And by fix, I mean improve, of course.
Tactics: - Tony has a good understanding of basic group dynamics and military tactics. He may not always be a team player, but he knows how that team could best use their abilities.

HISTORY:
Anthony "Tony" Stark was born to Howard Anthony Stark and Maria Collins Carbonell Stark, owners of the prominent US firm, Stark Industries. As a boy, Tony was fascinated with building and controlling machines. At the age of 15 Tony entered the undergraduate computer science program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and was promptly kicked out for his attitude. His father tried to get him to intern with Stark Industries, but he showed more interest in tinkering with toys and spending his father's money. His powers manifested while working on upgrades to his 'personal bodyguard' suit, when the suit directed him in the most efficient way to install noise dampeners. His father, not knowing what to do with him, sent him to Xavier's school to try and keep him in line. Tony's first response was to hack into the trust fund that his father put in place for him and tie it to a credit card for nearly unlimited cashflow. Upon reaching the Institute, Tony immediately signed up for a dual major, in hopes that he could show up his father by one day taking over the company and turning it into something 'awesome'.

SpiralSpider

There is already a Toni Stark in the works (female version)

I see you've talked to Orange but I don't know if that other person is still joining.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 05, 2014, 10:55:47 AM
There is already a Toni Stark in the works (female version)

I see you've talked to Orange but I don't know if that other person is still joining.

Just dug it up and it looks like it was 2 weeks ago and nothing since then, so I'd say Tony is up for grabs.

Maybe I should put in an official policy for highly sought after Canons:
Claiming a character is only good for a week and the sheet needs to be done by then. After approval IC posting needs to happen within one week as well.

Daelen

I -think- I'm done with edits and all lol... hopefully that looks good! Last edit was to further explain the capabilities of Tony's suit. If it is too much I can tone it down further.

Pumpkin Seeds

Might be a good idea Orange and maybe a policy for people who have taken a canon but are no longer playing them.  A game this big will likely have people coming and going.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 05, 2014, 11:46:14 AM
Might be a good idea Orange and maybe a policy for people who have taken a canon but are no longer playing them.  A game this big will likely have people coming and going.

Already ahead of you :) Check the first post here now.

Pumpkin Seeds

Up for adoption...I like that.  Makes me think of little X-Men characters in a bin screaming "pick me!  pick me!"

Kuroneko

Uhm, just a note, and not to be a dick, but the rules say that powers can't be a copy of canons, and technopathy is technically what Forge does.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

kingmaster1

So, uh, not to sound impatient but how does the approval process go? :-P

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: kingmaster1 on June 05, 2014, 12:43:50 PM
So, uh, not to sound impatient but how does the approval process go? :-P

It usually takes a few days, sometimes up to a week. Orange is traveling and whatnot for work so he's not always able to be around.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

kingmaster1

Daelen

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 05, 2014, 12:37:23 PM
Uhm, just a note, and not to be a dick, but the rules say that powers can't be a copy of canons, and technopathy is technically what Forge does.

Forge's ability is subconscious, at least according to the comics, unless the version played here spells it out differently. He has an intuitive talent for creation, and the ability to see mechanical energy, not the ability to communicate.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 01:11:29 PM
Forge's ability is subconscious, at least according to the comics, unless the version played here spells it out differently. He has an intuitive talent for creation, and the ability to see mechanical energy, not the ability to communicate.

You need to read my bio then. As written here, Forge communicates directly with machines.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 01:11:29 PM
Quote from: Kuroneko on June 05, 2014, 01:20:02 PM
You need to read my bio then. As written here, Forge communicates directly with machines.

Both of these are true and good points. Forge in the comics doesn't communicate directly with him, but it was allowed.  They're both Canon characters, so technically one wouldn't take precedence over the other as far as powers go - but that said I'd like to see some uniqueness brought between the two powers - The same way we've got 3 separate Plays with Fire Stuff types that are unique in their own ways.

Looking them over they do seem to be a bit different. Forge has an innate understanding of how they all work, with the machines talking to him  to tell him how to fix or change them, etc. With Tony it seems a more literal talking, but without the innate understanding. Forge could 'talk' to a machine to find out how to fix it, Tony couldn't. But Tony could probably talk to an electronic door and coax it to open.

The more I look at them the more they seem unique from each other. Maybe we can just spell it out a bit more to keep them more separate from eachother? I imagine Forge would make a great mentor for the young Stark.