My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 18, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
xD Sounds like an interesting way to use the character.  Though, as I recall, someone did make some joke Pathfinder stats for ponies that actually turned out to be pretty playable...
It turned out more balanced than the real Pathfinder game, actually.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 18, 2013, 11:00:41 PM
It turned out more balanced than the real Pathfinder game, actually.

I think Pathfinder works pretty good.

Like most versions of DnD.. you have to be able to say 'no' as GM to get it to work right.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 18, 2013, 11:32:37 PM
I think Pathfinder works pretty good.

Like most versions of DnD.. you have to be able to say 'no' as GM to get it to work right.
Not getting into this.  Just suffice it to say that the Pony 3.x game worked better than we expected.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Monfang

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2013, 12:26:04 PM
Not getting into this.  Just suffice it to say that the Pony 3.x game worked better than we expected.
Can anyone with GM experience do a 4e game?

Ephiral

Legend actually has official optional class tracks for ponies. You know, in addition to being superbly balanced and ridiculously awesome. (The first character workup I did for it was a robot Jedi that sicced other robots on you. From nothing but the corebook.)

Kunoichi

xD Yeah, Legend is pretty awesome like that.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Monfang on March 19, 2013, 01:20:42 PM
Can anyone with GM experience do a 4e game?
It would require a bit of work, namely picking out the 'racial' abilities for the Ponies.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ephiral on March 19, 2013, 01:27:59 PM
Legend actually has official optional class tracks for ponies. You know, in addition to being superbly balanced and ridiculously awesome. (The first character workup I did for it was a robot Jedi that sicced other robots on you. From nothing but the corebook.)
A new game system!  AWESOME!

*Peruses*

Monfang

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2013, 04:10:21 PM
It would require a bit of work, namely picking out the 'racial' abilities for the Ponies.
I can help with that.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2013, 04:14:26 PM
A new game system!  AWESOME!

*Peruses*
Where's the generic fighty man?  Well, damn, so much for this game.

Thanks for linking it, though.

Ephiral

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
Where's the generic fighty man?  Well, damn, so much for this game.

Thanks for linking it, though.
Generic is boring, and Legend doesn't do boring. There are quite a few fighty types, however. If you're looking for a straight-up "I beat on them until they stop moving" soldier type, my first instinct is to go Barbarian/Ranger, swapping Rage out for Iron Magi. Gives you the Barbarian's "I break things" and "I am hard to break" tracks, and the Ranger's awesome chain-strike system to throw in some debuffs and knockbacks.

Chris Brady

OFF TOPIC:

So instead of a Weapons Master, or better a warrior a la Conan, we get stuck with Anger Management Problems Man, and Tree Hugger.

Where's the 'Knight'?  The expert warrior, poet and horseman?  With NO magic?

Sounds to me like every other D&D derivative out there, they have no idea what a Fighter should be.

Yeah, it's not for me.

Oh well.  Happens.

/OFF TOPIC

Kunoichi

Legend is a system that's very big on refluffing mechanics to suit a particular character concept.  A Barbarian's Path of Rage track could easily become Druid-esque wild shape, lycanthropy, or even just shouting out 'Shazam!' and getting hit by a bolt of lightning that turns you into a superhero.  Just dismissing the class as 'Anger Management Problems Man' seems like you're not really approaching it from the right perspective, to me.

Chris Brady

I am going to PM you my reasons.  As to not derail this topic.  Celebrate the Ponies, this is what the three is for yes?

Sabby

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Strange, they show up for me just fine... let me save and then upload them somewhere.

Oniya

That's because they are in your cache from the original site.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Monfang

I recommend hosting images on Imgur. You don't have to upload them to the gallery to host them there.

Sabby

Oniya

That bottom one is just too darn cute!

Kunoichi

Both images are absolutely adorable. ^^

Lady Quixote

So I will completely admit that my sister got me into MLP just before season three started and I really enjoy the show.  Fortunately the HUB shows enough MLP reruns for me to mostly catch up (I know I'm missing a few episodes from seasons 1 and 2 but I've seen most of the important ones).

I'm almost half way tempted to find a Build-a-bear workshop to see if they have a Fluttershy or Twilight Sparkle for my growing collection of stuffed animals.  Fluttershy would go quite well with my Boo (from megatokyo), Mr Webbie (from Spinnerette), and Kirara(Inu-Yasha).

Matt