INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Actually Paladin of Slaughter loses the very awesome Aura of Despair for some crappy ability that gives -1 to armor. I'd recommend this instead.   This is assuming Zaer has some house rules that make whip into a viable weapon. The bladed version deals lethal damage but the fact that you don't threaten and provoke AoO's with it...  This brings back one of your flaws, if you want to get rid of it drop divine might and pick it up later.

Figther 6/Blackguard 3/Pious Templar 3.

Feats:
Flaw: Meager Fortitude
(1F) Power Attack
(1): Exotic Weapon proficiency (Whip)
(fig1): Weapon Focus (whip)
(fig2): Combat Expertise
(3): True Believer
(Fig4): Combat reflexes
(6): Cleave
(Fig 6): Improved Sunder
(9): Improved trip
(12): Divine Might
(Pious Templar 3): Weapon Specialization (Whip)
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

Matron Abduxuel Archwinter is coming along nicely.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=333504

Minus the boobs this is a great depiction of him

PeacethatPowerbrings

Istrath, Sorcerer, and Arachnomancer

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=333423

Istrath is an unaffiliated Drow sorcerer, and Arachnomancer. She is a contractor, and sells her services to the highest bidder. Her services are not limited to her arcane abilities, or even her command of spiders. Instead these, and her work as a high-class courtesan, are all for sale at any given time. Her status as an Arachnomancer garners her some reverence from more dedicated followers of Lolth, which she tends to use to remain low-profile within the city. She doesn't hide her status, but neither does she make it well known, it is enough for her, that those wishing to purchase her services can contact her.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 30, 2011, 08:22:59 PM
That's a fine edit dropping blackguard. The issue with whip though is that using it in meele provokes AoO and it doesn't have any threatened space. It doesn't even threaten things 5 ft. away

Hmmm, perhaps answer lays in a PrC from sword of fist.....called the lasher. One level dip to 10 level PrC gives; Whip sneak attack, Close Combat, Wound and Whip Lash.

+1d6 sneak attack which works with whips, Allows strike adjacent foes without provoking AoO with whip, allows wound foes with regular whip and hit foes with +1 armor bonus or +3 natural armor or greater in either one. Lastly it allows do AoO to adjacent foes as if whip would be a melee weapon.

Regs; Craft:leatherworking 2 ranks, Use Ropes 2 ranks, BAB+5 and weapon focus with a whip.

Well, I can house rule that evil paladins can choose between -1 AC on foes and -2 to all saves (either one of them, not both).

However if you want go to The Lasher PrC at least two levels (second one gives improved trip and third hand special ability; basically do manual manipulation at end of the whip and other stuff) then my suggestion would be for the build;

Figther 2/Paladin of Slaugther 4/The Lasher 2/Pious Templar 4.

Feat list;
(PaloSla4): Divine Might (by sacrifcing one rebuke undead per day you add charisma bonus to melee damage rolls for 1 round as a free action)
(6): Power Attack
(The Lasher 2): Improved Trip (gets it without pregs needed)
(9): Cleave
(Pious Templar 4): Improved Sunder
(12): Extra Smites (+2 extra Pious Templar smites)

Quote from: Krayz on September 30, 2011, 07:53:27 PM
You know, I think I'm gonna pull out.

Sorry, but the level of cheese is kind getting me down...

Awww, sad to see you go :(. It means one more spot open and now other house lacks a weaponmaster (kinda both if not count dread fang of lolth cohort as weapon master in other).

Karasu

I've so over my head in this so tell me what you guys think is best really, the concept is that he's Pale's matron's head guard as well as consort. So if he gets tired of fucking him, then the matron can have him step aside and let another ocme in and totally be content with it XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, being headguard you have fine start being figther/paladin (or blackguard) followed by pious templar. I myself would favor paladin approach because it gives immunity to diseases.

Anyways also note; seeing -1 to AC sucks altough it would mean you get free +1 kinda in close combat. I would rule that you gain -3 penalty to AC in 10'ft radius from paladin of slaugther. Aura of despair is -2 to all saves as usual.

Anyways note; the pic is fine what you have Pale. It can fit to his description when he is in his 'public female disguise'. Inside his own house he needs no disguise but in public events where matron mothers attend and show up you need hat of disguise or alter self ability to look more femine (altough even your normal form you can confuse people).

Reason is that it's to avoid males thinking there is a male in charge of the house (despite your case your male appearance has been labelled as birth defect, the only accetable explanation to explain why you got so blessed by Lolth). Even if matrons would say your treated as a female to the masses but most males are dumb (by their view). So they have asked your char use disguise only when it's grand public audience which sees you (or when you move in town publicly as matron mother). In matron mother only and inside own house you can have natural appearance.

Snake

YOu get caught faking it in public and you're some deep shit. :p

Zaer Darkwail

It depends on accident, most cases it would be labelled if he is discovered he could lie he is real matron mothers hired disguise double. But in truth he is the real matron mother.

However as said this only applies in general public appearance, behind screens everyone knows who and what he is and has no need disguise from them.

Snake

Probably so but it always looks bad if someone can uncover your secret then theymight assassinate you jus tto make your "matron" have to find another. to make a statement.

Snake

ofDelusions

I could be interested in making a spy (either for one of the houses or both :D) character. Though I don't have time to write backstory or do the crunch before monday.

Zaer Darkwail

It's fine Delusions, I am waiting two weeks for folks finish up their chars so you got time ;).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2011, 05:57:08 AM
Anyways note; the pic is fine what you have Pale. It can fit to his description when he is in his 'public female disguise'. Inside his own house he needs no disguise but in public events where matron mothers attend and show up you need hat of disguise or alter self ability to look more femine (altough even your normal form you can confuse people).

Reason is that it's to avoid males thinking there is a male in charge of the house (despite your case your male appearance has been labelled as birth defect, the only accetable explanation to explain why you got so blessed by Lolth). Even if matrons would say your treated as a female to the masses but most males are dumb (by their view). So they have asked your char use disguise only when it's grand public audience which sees you (or when you move in town publicly as matron mother). In matron mother only and inside own house you can have natural appearance.

That's pretty much what I was planning. Abduxuel is supposed to look exceptionally feminine anyway, so publicly he will just play that up even more. Since he feels he has a female soul and is a matron himself he subjugates the male drow just as much as any female if not more. Any male who knows his secret and thinks there is a potential ally for male equality will find themselves begging for death instead.

On another Note could you edit the first post so my house appears. Everyone still thinks there are only 2 houses. House Archwinter is taking over the ghetto of the dead, with Eclvdra back house Eliservs is probably higher up now.

Snake

Mmmmm Eclavdra..... *has seen art of her and she is HAWT*

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited and added/removed some folks (Krayz char specifcally). Anyways waiting finalization of Karasu's decision (present me finalisized charsheet) and there is one strong candidate showing up.

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

He did but he posted like one page ago that all this 'cheese' in char building caused him leave. Altough if he felt intimidated though I could and ensured his monk would had been able kick ass even if some go classics like 'reach weapon trip spam with combat reflex' which is actually legal as it can get build as it uses mostly only PHB.

Also if anyone else feels intimidated I and probably anyone here can give opinions and advices how optimisize char concepts/ideas :).

esclavage

Well, I wanted to do a formal House advertisement so others can get a better idea of what the House d'Szeossen represents to hopefully get others thinking about storylines they might like.  Zaer, please feel free to tell me to modify anything.  In particular, let me know if my choices for my level 6 followers are appropriate since I am getting some non-drow according to my Cha bonus.  The same can be said for my business set-ups and calculated costs.  This is just off the cuff on what I understand.   And I plan on customizing the House layout much more, add in costs for doors, locks, walls, magical modified rooms, and breaking it up into sections in a more thorough way.  :-)

---

House d'Szeossen

House Motto: Gaer zhah nau mri'kul xuileb natha mrim'ol, nau erg'les xuileb biu an'yui, lu' nau yorn xuileb zhaunil.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Translation: There is no lock without a key, no question without an answer, and no power without knowledge.
Center of Influence: Ghetto of Scholars

House Breakdown:
Followers: 1350 (1st level), 130 (2nd level) 70 (3rd level) 40 (4th level) 20 (5th level) 20 (6th level) (Based off 25 for Leadership score, using the Drow Matron feat)

1st - 150 goblins (50 experts, 100 warriors), 800 kobolds (200 experts, 200 warriors, 400 commoners), 200 orcs warriors, 80 dwarves experts, 40 humans commoners, 40 elves commoners, 40 gnomes experts [Goblins - cooks, menial tasks, Kobolds - miners, trapmakers, Orcs - miners, heavy lifters, dwarves - experienced miners, weapon/armor crafters, humans - torture/pleasure slaves, elves - torture/pleasure slaves, gnomes - gemstone crafters, general goods makers]

2nd - 80 Level 1 Bugbear Warriors, 50 Level 1 Hobgoblins [Hobgoblins - In charge of goblins, gnomes, humans and elves. (House) Bugbears - In charge of kobolds, dwarves (Mining)]

3rd - 20 Level 1 Drow Rogue, 15 Level 1 Drow Cleric, 15 Level 1 Drow Fighter, 5 Level 1 Drow Bard, 5 Level 1 Drow Beguiler, 5 Level 1 Drow Scout, 5 Level 1 Drow Warmage [Rogue, Bard, Beguilers - Informants (City) Clerics, Fighters, Scout, Warmage - Defense (House).  Also, a group of 2 fighters and 1 cleric are out to oversee the bugbears.]

4th - 15 Level 2 Drow Rogue, 8 Level 2 Drow Cleric, 6 Level 2 Drow Fighter, 4 Level 2 Drow Scout, 3 Level 2 Drow Beguiler, 2 Level 2 Drow Warlock, 2 Level 2 Drow Warmage [Rogues, Beguilers, Warlocks -  Informants (City) Clerics, Fighters, Scout, Warmage - Defense (House).  Also, a group of 2 fighters and 1 cleric are out to oversee the bugbears.]

5th - 5 Level 3 Drow Rogue, 3 Level 3 Drow Cleric, 2 Level 3 Drow Fighter, 2 Level 3 Drow Wizard, 2 Level 3 Drow Scout, 2 Level 3 Drow Swashbuckler, 2 Level 3 Drow Warlock, 1 Level 3 Drow Beguiler, 1 Level 3 Drow Bard [Rogue, Bard, Beguiler, Warlock - Informants (City), Cleric, Fighter, Scout - Defense (House) Wizard - Research/Crafting (House)]

6th - 4 Level 4 Drow Rogue, 2 Level 4 Drow Cleric, 2 Level 4 Drow Fighter, 2 Level 4 Drow Beguiler, 1 Level 4 Drow Scout, 1 Level 4 Drow Swashbuckler, 1 Level 4 Drow Warlock, 1 Level 4 Drow Wizard, 1 Level 4 Drow Bard, 2 Level 4 Ogre Barbarian, 2 Level 4 Grimlock Barbarian, 1 Level 1 Athach Fighter [Rogue, Beguiler, Warlock, Bard - Informants (City) Cleric, Fighter, Scout, Swashbuckler - Defense (House)  Also, Clerics - lead worship of Lloth,  Fighters, Swashbucklers - Oversee combat training, Rogues - Oversee rogue training.  Wizard - Research/Crafting (House) Ogre Barbarian - Matron's personal guards, Grimlock Barbarian - slave trainers/tortures, Athach Fighter - Front Gate Guard]

House Layout:

Top Floor:
Matron's Living Quarters (located NW corner): Bedroom suite, fancy (5000 gp, 1 ss) Bath, fancy (2000 gp, 1 ss), Study/Office, fancy (2000 gp, 1 ss), Torture chamber (3000 gp, 1 ss) [12,000 gp]
First Daughter's Living Quarter (located NE corner): Bedroom suite, fancy (5000 gp, 1 ss), Bath, fancy (2000 gp, 1 ss) [7000 gp]
Rest of Floor: Common area, basic x 2 (500 gp, 1 ss) (Main area, Stairwells on E and W), Servants' Quarters (400 gp, 1 ss) [located S, human/elven slaves, Cha 14], Guard Post x 1 (300 gp, 0.5 ss) [Ogre guards]  [1700 gp] = 20,700 gp

Second Floor:
Sisters'/Daughters' Living Quarters (located N): Bedroom suite, basic x2 (800 gp, 1 ss), Bath, basic x1 (400 gp, 0.5 ss), Study/Office, basic x1 (200 gp, 0.5 ss) [Repeated 4 times for 4 separate chambers] [4400 gp]
Priestess' Quarters (located E, two: Bedrooms, basic x 5 (700 gp, 1 ss) [Repeated twice for two separate chambers], Bath, basic x 2 (400 gp, 0.5 ss) [Repeated twice for two separate chambers, located between bedrooms], Study/Office, basic x 1 [Repeated twice for two separate chambers, connected with bedrooms] (200 gp, 0.5 ss) [4000 gp]
Rest of Floor: Chapel, fancy (6000 gp, 2 ss), Chapel, basic x 5 (1000 gp, 1 ss) [located S, holds 260], Library, fancy (3000 gp, 1 ss), Library, basic x3 (500 gp, 1 ss) [located W, +4 to Knowledge (religion), +2 Knowledge (arcana), +2 Knowledge (geography), +2 Knowledge (history)] Common area, basic x 2 (500 gp, 1 ss) [Main area, Stairwells N, E, S, W] Dining Hall, fancy (12,000 gp, 2 ss) [located NE], Kitchen, fancy (12,000 gp, 2 ss) [located NE, joined to Dining Hall], Storage, fancy x2 (1000 gp, 1 ss) [44,500 gp] = 52,300 gp

Third Floor: House Mage's Quarters: Bedroom suite, basic (800 gp, 1 ss), Study/Office, basic (200 gp, 0.5 ss), Magic Laboratory, fancy (3000 gp, 1 ss), Bath, basic (400 gp, 0.5 ss) [4400 gp]
        Weapon Master's Quarters: Bedroom suite, basic (800 gp, 1 ss), Training area, Combat (1000 gp, 1 ss), Armory, fancy (2000 gp, 1 ss), Bath, basic (400 gp, 0.5 ss) [4200 gp]
        Female Drow Quarters: Bedrooms, basic x 10 (700 gp, 1 ss), Bath, basic x 3 (400 gp, 0.5 ss), Training area, Rogue (1000 gp, 1 ss), Alchemical Laboratory, fancy x2 (3000 gp, 1 ss), Alchemical Laboratory, basic x3 (700 gp, 1 ss) [17300 gp]
        Rest of Floor: Dining Hall, basic (2000 gp, 2 ss), Kitchen, basic x 2 (2000 gp, 1 ss), Storage, basic x2 (250 gp, 1 ss), Common area x4 (500 gp, 1 ss), Throne room, basic x5 [holds 100] (2000 gp, 1 ss), Trophy hall, fancy (6000 gp, 1 ss), Servants' Quarters x2 (400 gp, 1 ss), Guard Post x4 (300 gp, 0.5 ss) [27,000 gp] = 52900

Fourth Floor [Ground Floor]: Leaders' Room: Bedroom suite, basic x2 (800 gp, 1 ss) [1600 gp]
              Rest of Room: Barracks x10 (400 gp, 1 ss), Armory, basic x4 (500 gp, 1 ss),  Training area, combat x5 (1000 gp, 1 ss), Training area, Rogue x5 (1000 gp, 1 ss), Dining hall, basic x 5 (2000 gp, 2 ss), Kitchen, basic x20 (2000 gp, 1 ss), Storage, basic x4 (250 gp, 1 ss), Gatehouse (1000 gp, 0.5 ss), Stable, basic x5 (1000 gp, 1 ss), Servants' Quarters x4 (400 gp, 1 ss), Guard Post x4 (300 gp, 0.5 ss), Common area, basic x8 (500 gp, 1 ss), Bath, basic x5 (400 gp, 0.5 ss) [81,800 gp] 83,400 gp

Fifth Floor [Underground]: Barracks x50 (400 gp, 1 ss) Storage, basic x12 (250 gp, 1 ss), Prison cell x20 (500 gp, 0.5 ss), Torture Chamber x4 (3000 gp, 1 ss), Prison cell (secret) x5 (500 gp, 0.5 ss), Torture Chamber (secret) (3000 gp, 1 ss), Smithy, fancy (2000 gp, 1 ss), Smithy, basic x4 (500 gp, 1 ss), Workplace, basic x10 (500 gp, 1 ss) [gemstones, trapmaking, general goods] = 59,500 gp

= Total cost -- 269,100 gp

Businesses:
Information Broker: (Primary) Major Skill: Gather Information, Supporting Skills: Diplomacy and Intimidate, Resources: Medium, Risk: High, Monthly Profit: 10+33+1+4-4 = 44 - 25 = 19 x 50,000 gp = 950,000 gp [Lird'yl oversees this]
Mining Operations: (Secondary) Major Skill: Profession: Miner, Supporting Skills: Appraise and Diplomacy, Resources: Medium, Risk:  Medium  Monthly Profit: 10+23+1+4 = 38 - 25 = 13 x 2000 gp = 26,000 gp [Cohort oversees this]
Slave Training (Secondary) Major Skill: Intimidate, Supporting Skills: Sense Motive and Profession: Slaver, Resources: Medium Risk: High, Monthly Profit: 10+20+1+4-4 = 31 - 25 = 6 x 5 = 30,000 gp [Elvas'thrae oversees this]
Total Revenue Per Month: 1,006,000 gp

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Zaer Darkwail

I say that is our first and perfect house profile :). Could add first post inside a spoiler under house name perhaps.

Anyways I wonder; why no drow bards? True that they may not be skilled as rogue but they can get easily to places where pure rogues cannot (bards are entertainers after all and any tavern and most house invites one in). I assume the non-drow high level followers are special/elite troops?

Karasu

Zaer coudl you PM me what you suggested for my guy? I need to look taht over and fix that. Also anyone skilled in pathfinder, could PM me I'd very much like them to look over a character I made for a different game altogether
Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean the spellcaster char which I made and PM'ed you before PaleEnchantress joined the game or want me make the melee champion char?

esclavage

Actually, I didn't give too much in-depth thought on my followers breakdown, Zaer.  I was trying to KISS it to avoid drowning myself in all the details that come with this type of thing.  But I will change up the depth chart a little since you do make a very valid point on the bards and I do think it would fit well with the d'Szeossen theme of a spy network.   :-)

As for the non-drow followers, this is my thought/flavor of the House.  The Atach is main gate guard, the big bruiser.  He is kinda like the guard dog to the House and front line of defense.  I had planned the Grimlocks to be supporting slavers/torturers since it is their racial theme and the Ogres will be stationed at the top floor as the Matron's personal guards.  Also, I did finish my cohort and added him to my sheet although I still need to provide him with a name.

Also, for currently in my House, feel free to add in your input here in this thread or PM me if you want certain features included in the House and I'll be more than happy to accommodate.

Anyways, I'll PM you, Zaer, when I finalize this post above with edits.  That way you don't have to constantly keep updating the first post since I tend to be a bit OCD so I'm sure I will tweak the above post dozens of times before I consider it officially done.   ;D

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, understood :). Consider my char has been just a week he has spend most time moving there so any suggestions likely come IC wise from my char.

Anyways I considered that each drow house besides business expenses/losses there is basic house maintenance. I have tried to think a basic formula and I came up with this; it's based on matron mother's leadership. Basically all followers live in matron mother's house and no one else lives there. Any extras hired or build own base elsewhere comes from pockets and are calculated normally (like average underdark merc asks one to three gold pieces a day plus upkeep).

Anyways to cover food supplies, potions, poisons, repair costs, replaced gear, soldiers monthly fee and so on. The house monthly expense is; Matron Mother's leadership score x 1,000 x 1d6.

So, Esclavage's house expense per month is 25,000gp x 1d6. The expenses varies by month but minimum must be 25,000gp. Max what it can be is 300,000gp (which means with +4 result matron mother should feel displeased as it means somewhere during the month someone had caused extra expense than usual, while 1-3 are normal).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2011, 01:48:58 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hmmm, perhaps answer lays in a PrC from sword of fist.....called the lasher. One level dip to 10 level PrC gives; Whip sneak attack, Close Combat, Wound and Whip Lash.

+1d6 sneak attack which works with whips, Allows strike adjacent foes without provoking AoO with whip, allows wound foes with regular whip and hit foes with +1 armor bonus or +3 natural armor or greater in either one. Lastly it allows do AoO to adjacent foes as if whip would be a melee weapon.

Regs; Craft:leatherworking 2 ranks, Use Ropes 2 ranks, BAB+5 and weapon focus with a whip.

Well, I can house rule that evil paladins can choose between -1 AC on foes and -2 to all saves (either one of them, not both).

However if you want go to The Lasher PrC at least two levels (second one gives improved trip and third hand special ability; basically do manual manipulation at end of the whip and other stuff) then my suggestion would be for the build;

Figther 2/Paladin of Slaugther 4/The Lasher 2/Pious Templar 4.

Feat list;
(PaloSla4): Divine Might (by sacrifcing one rebuke undead per day you add charisma bonus to melee damage rolls for 1 round as a free action)
(6): Power Attack
(The Lasher 2): Improved Trip (gets it without pregs needed)
(9): Cleave
(Pious Templar 4): Improved Sunder
(12): Extra Smites (+2 extra Pious Templar smites)

That's just perfect both the build and the choosing between a saves -2 aura and a ac -3 aura.