Spartacus: War of the Damned (Started, Romans needed)

Started by Primarch, February 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Yes the best Conan ever forget Arnold he is the man up top!  ;D

Madriv

Damn, I wander away from the group game listings for a while and something brilliant like this hits the forum! Ain't that always the way?

Still in the market for Rebel Men?

Primarch

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 08, 2013, 10:07:22 AM
Damn, I wander away from the group game listings for a while and something brilliant like this hits the forum! Ain't that always the way?

Yep.

xPeachyPuff

Primarch, just curious if it's alright for me to put up a Rebel female character. I know we need men on that side but I though I should ask anyway. I was going to after throwing my other character up but thought I should give it a little while before doing so.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 08, 2013, 01:16:49 AM
Name: Akaris

While most of Akaris is fine, he's a bit too overtly badass for my liking. He seems to spend his whole life being insubordinate to his Greek and Roman Masters but only ever seems to get a slap on the wrist by Roman/Slave standards and after initially being made a slave his lot only seems to get better and better. There's also too many similarities to Spartacus himself.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 08, 2013, 11:00:20 AM
Primarch, just curious if it's alright for me to put up a Rebel female character. I know we need men on that side but I though I should ask anyway. I was going to after throwing my other character up but thought I should give it a little while before doing so.

-xSRx

That's fine.

I think allowing people one character on each faction for now would be ideal, what do you think bubby?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 08, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
That's fine.

I think allowing people one character on each faction for now would be ideal, what do you think bubby?

That's awesome, thanks very much. Hopefully Bubby's alright with it too. I'll try and get her up very soon!

-xSRx

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 08, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
While most of Akaris is fine, he's a bit too overtly badass for my liking. He seems to spend his whole life being insubordinate to his Greek and Roman Masters but only ever seems to get a slap on the wrist by Roman/Slave standards and after initially being made a slave his lot only seems to get better and better. There's also too many similarities to Spartacus himself.

That's fine.

I think though his back story is indeed 'bad ass', when you think on it, it looks no different then Zia's? And really, it plays right along with many back stories of the show. Akaris need not be overly bad ass during the game.

As for the One char for each faction per player, you read my mind. Go ahead Snorkle! Though I would like more men, I'm not going to say OMG NO WAI NO MORE CHICKS!!  ;D

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 08, 2013, 10:07:22 AM

GET YOUR FINE ASS IN THIS GAME MISTER!!  ::) Please.

RubySlippers

Name:  Crono the Giant, Leader of the Company of the Free Swords
Faction:  Rome
Position  Mercenary Captain
Nationality:  Chamavian (North of Roman Territory)

Appearance:

Sticks to classic heavier barbarian warriors clothing, the best weapons and focuses on looking fearsome and his wooden gladius of his freedom is always carried, is a huge warrior at nearly seven feet tall with a powerful build. He is older now and in his stately forties.

Personality: Stoic, pragmatic and a natural leader he is also not a fool loyalty kept him going and not freed for some time formed a mercenary band and that served in the Empire in several campaigns and is proud of that. Not that he likes slavery he was one but its the way of things and there is no way the rebels will win against Rome fare better forces have fell to it. So again he takes up axe and shield to serve Rome its nothing personal. He has good points he good to his men, frees his men from bondage after two campaigns are served and if they stay on they get to keep their full share of wealth and booty (he takes as leader after expenses two shares). And he is an honorable warrior.

Equipment:  Rudis, finest barbarian armor, war axe, two custom broadswords, several daggers, company of several men and women skilled in the fighting arts, horse and tack, tents, house in Rome, investments.

Skills:  Leadership, tactics, gladiator training, weapons training, master of war axe, master of sword combat (single and two blades), merchant skills, literacy and fluency in Greek and Latin, intimidation, seasoned on the sands is a very capable gladiator to say the least, medicine (fairly capable for a non-physician).

Backstory:  Years ago was brought to Rome a young barbarian warrior and taken in to be trained as a gladiator where due to his huge size and merits came easily to him becoming a champion of the arena. Won his freedom after besting ten prisoners who were sentenced to death and stood alone blood and their bodies at his feet. Since then he worked for the Romans as a mercenary alone then after getting patronage of a prominant senator and money enough formed his own company, all picked from scum and trash to be forged into weapons of war. Is known for his loyalty, good care of his men and women under his command and combat prowess. Is signed on to the current campaign since its work and well Rome will win its only a matter of when and how.

Quote:  You have youth and skill, I have age and experience - now lets see who bests who.

bubby

See? Crono is just as 'bad ass' as Akaris. I think as long as we all remember that we're dealing with bad asses, both male and female, and we stick HEAVILY to the rule of talking out a fight scene IN PM FIRST if you plan on engaging with a PC, we'll be fine.

Viper

::Name::
Cyra Valentina Persis Tigurius

::Faction::
Roman Noble Woman

::Position::
Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius's Wife

::Nationality::
Roman

::Personality::

=Public Events=
Cyra is the most gossiped about due to her beauty and marriage status to Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius. She is regal in all things and will never use fowl language to counter act another's despicable behavior. She is the very image of diplomacy and will back her husband in every matter of state as well as to the public.

=Managing the Estate=
Whilst at home Cyra is what on may call...some what of a slave driver...if you will. She takes pride in having her home in complete tip top shape and will never leave a guest unsatisfied in anyway before exiting the door of her home. All of her servants are trained to do as their title instructs, and mistakes are not permitted in her house hold.

=Alone=
Cyra has a passion for sword play. She has taken lessons from many teachers and practices in the confines of her private practicing room in which no guest are permitted. This is where she keeps both hers and Legatus's weapons as well as the back up weapons in case their home ever invaded.

::Skills::

Languages--> Greek and Latin

Schooling--> Knowledge of worldly subjects, Mathematics, Caligraphy and script, Art, and Alchemy.

Art of War--> Knowledge of the sword, though she is much better with the bow. Some knowledge of hand to hand combat as well as lock picking methods in case she may ever be captured in troubled times.

::Backstory::

Cyra's Mother was a vicious woman, she made sure that all of her daughters were well taught in the ways of ettiquet, keeping up the perfect villa, and always being the perfectly fashionable lady. The only thing Cyra learned from her mother, is that women get what women want...by wooing the right man. Cyra and her mother had worked for months to get Legatus's attention...and it finally paid off when her feminine wiles and young child birthing age reached his eyes. Cyra's only goal in life was to marry into high society and out beat her mother in all things social, as well as the image of her villa.

Mother--> Drusilla Prima Valentina
Father-->Aemilius Blasius Julius Valentina
Sister 1-->Caelia Valentina
Sister 2-->Julia Valentina
Sister 3-->Prisca Valentina

...What I am Thinking...

This is the image to Cyra after she tried to leave the Followers camp to go back to her Villa in Rome, where she may be then capture by rebels. They may use her for her knowledge of Roman encampment and possible movements, or used as a bartering chip for Legatus.

RubySlippers

Well they are fighting gladiators and skilled warriors or those trained by them, this is not going to be an easy campaign. But the booty and pay should be good.

Want me to be the bodyguard to the Legate or in the army, or a special cadre of men and women for other duties. Its up to him if we can in game come to terms for employment he and his people are not cheap!

xPeachyPuff

Name: Marcella Violentilla.
Faction: Rebel.
Position Rebel Warrior.
Nationality: Roman.

Appearance:

Personality: Marcella is a fiery woman who enjoys the dirtier, rougher things in life. She enjoys getting up close and personal with her enemies and fails to hold her tongue on many occasions where she would be out of place to speak. She can be quite intimidating upon first appearances, but is just as fun as any of the men you could find. She loves drinking and can hold her own against men twice her size; something she’s very proud of. She has quite a short temper and her emotions can usually be read from her face and body language like an open book.Marcella is never afraid of a challenge, causing her to be quite reckless and headstrong when she should sit back and look at the bigger picture; she’s not particularly good at considering all of her options, instead, she just goes for the easiest, most violent choice. Although she enjoys a good fight, friendly or otherwise, she wasn’t brought up a fighter and can sometimes be clumsy and has bad technique most of the time. She finds taking orders quite hard as she spent most of her life doing so; it simply doesn’t sit right with her and brings back harsh memories.

Equipment: Her weapon of choice would be a Roman short sword along with a small rounded shield for her protection. She wears simple cloth and light leather clothing as it’s what she’s used to and what she feels comfortable in, but would gear up a little more when going into battle. She also wears a pair of beige anklets that are made up of beads and strings.

Skills: Marcella is extremely talented with her tongue among other things. She is good at insulting people and getting under their skin as well as persuading and manipulating others into doing what she wants via words. She’s also quite a good distraction, though not always as bait for ambushes as she has little patience. She is quite skilled in hand to hand combat as well as close combat having gotten used to her short sword. Although she is a woman, she is quite strong physically and has a great amount of will power; she will never back down. She is also an experienced hunter but her lack of patience only feeds her lack of motivation; she hunter more for her fathers memory than for the love of it.

Backstory: Marcella was born in a small village on the outskirts of Rome to a native father and mother who had been together since they were children. The two were happily in love and had quite a stable life in a fairly lavish home; they were almost considered nobles around that area. Her father was one of the main hunters for the village and enjoys his work while his mother tended to the children pretty much all of her life. Marcella and her two older brothers were very much cared for and they managed to pick up a few trades from their parents; their mother taught them about literature and history and things to do with house keeping for when they grew up while their father taught them to defend themselves and hunt for game. Being brought up around her brothers she was treated no different and it has somewhat effected her personality to the present day. She never enjoyed spending time with the girls; apparently she was always too rough with them and their parents didn't like having her around their precious daughters.

A few months after she had become a woman, her village was pillaged by Roman soldiers who were returning from some sort of battle and her mother was raped and beaten while her father and her children were forced to watch. They took them all, loading the family into a wagon to take them to Rome. She remembered one man saying what a 'catch' they were and that they would sell well on the slave market. Once they'd reached the capitol, Marcella and her mother were sold to a slave market while her father and brothers were sent to train as Gladiators; it was the last she saw of the men of her family when her and her mother were released to their new 'home.' Marcella remembered watching the wagon drifting down the pathway away from them, further into the city. The years at the slave market were long and hard and they were put through many tasks while 'learning' there. Her and her mother were split up when they were sold to different Roman houses to serve as servants to their owners. That was the last she saw of her mother. Marcella wasn't obedient, that was for sure and she managed to cause more trouble than she was worth; it wasn't rare that she would receive beatings or other such punishments. When they had decided they'd have enough of her attitude, they sold her off to a contact who had recently visited them from Gaul who had expressed a fondness for her. It was along the road that her wagon was raided by desperate bandits and she managed to escape with her life.

Just wanted tor throw her up for now. Hope she's alright for the moment and any feedback would be appreciated. (:

-xSRx

Sexy Firefly

With the wife and Favored slave of the Legatus in the followers camp this might get a dicey!!!! Ha ha Unless the wife doesn't know he brought Kharis with.

Viper

Im sure Cyra would have full knowledge of Kharis...but maybe kind of....pissed...if she sneaks in to have a romp with Legatus...only to find him in bed with his slave. *smiles and winks*

Primarch

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 08, 2013, 01:39:36 PM
Im sure Cyra would have full knowledge of Kharis...but maybe kind of....pissed...if she sneaks in to have a romp with Legatus...only to find him in bed with his slave. *smiles and winks*

That would probably get on ones nerves alright.

RubySlippers

Well you can hire my madam and harlot to be in bed when he shows up in your chambers, wait that he might not mind so much.  :D

Sexy Firefly

Well I realize in normal settings she would since Kharis is her slave as well in the home...I just didn't know if she realized he had taken her with him....

Besides that could cause for some great confrontation walking in on Kharis in bed with her husband...although not uncommon. *Wink*

Viper

Well, the way I made Cyra, is that she is very much in control of her villa at all times. So she would notice her husbands body slave missing at the same time as he went to war. What would probably piss her off the most is that he took his whore to his tent...when he wouldnt even invite her there himself.

Just my thoughts...

Sexy Firefly

Excellent Beginning!! Ha ha I have a feeling my Slave and mistress will not be getting along...I am so ready for this!!

Viper

Sexy Firefly

bubby

Everyone go ahead and post your chars in the newly made character thread! Primarch should be also making an OOC, and tomorrow, we will be getting the IC up!

Madriv

Character App:

Name: Bestiarius or just Beast
Faction: Rebel
Position Rebel leader, former gladiator & bestiarius
Nationality: Germanic

Appearance:

(Robbie Gambrell)

Personality: Quiet and patient, slow to anger, oddly concerned for the welfare of animals - especially the hideous bull mastiff that follows him everywhere.

Equipment: A pair of worn siccae, with sheaths and belt; leather scaled greaves & leg wraps; a plain linen tunic and cloak; a long leather whip, kept coiled in his satchel along with oil and a small whetstone; a leather shepherd's sling is usually twined around his neck.

Skills: Deadly with short swords, knives, spears, and a well-aimed rock; expert at close-combat fighting; fighting large beasts; beast taming; basic riding skills; small-game hunting

Backstory: He was born into slavery on the country estate of a respected military family. His mother gave him a name in her native tongue but he has never shared it with anyone. He was raised as a stable and kennel slave but his bright gold hair eventually caught the eye of his owner's wife and he was transferred to the villa as a house slave.

Not long after coming of age, the boy caught more than the domina's eye. Their indiscretions were met with hostility by his owner, who condemned the boy to be eaten by dogs in the arena as entertainment for festival crowds (damnatio ad bestias). The boy surprised the audience by winning over the spirit of the fiercest dog, who then destroyed all the others. He was snapped up by the owner of a lesser bestiariorum in Rome.

Renamed Aureus, the boy trained as one of hundreds of bestiarii in the great city. He graduated from dogs to more exotic wild beasts and performed well in the games. In fact he was so good at staying alive that when his master lost a bet to a ludus in Aquincum Aureus was worth enough to trade off the debt. Under the careful instruction of the dominus he became a successful retiarius and, after several more seasons, an excellent dimachaerus, showing more flair and viciousness in his battles with men than he ever did fighting beasts.

He and several other members of his ludus were en route to Capua for the games when rebels fell on their caravan and freed them. Joining the ragged band of freed slaves, Aureus fought with them in multiple clashes with soldiers and mercenaries as they made their way towards the rumored legions of freemen leading the rebellion. Along the way his brothers fell to sword and arrow, leaving no one who recalled his slave name. When asked, he will reply that he is no longer a named slave, only a free Beast.