Spartacus: War of the Damned (Started, Romans needed)

Started by Primarch, February 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"There is but one path, we kill them all."

Hello all! In the past a Gladiator game based on the Spartacus Starz series has been popular, bubby and I have been in contact and we would be very interested in running a game based on the period the current series is currently. That is to say, the Third Servile War in full and proper swing. We aim to seperate the game to represent both factions, a thread for the slaves in a recently taken city and a thread for the Romans sent to crush the threat in their warcamp. The game is primarily about character relationships and interaction, but it wouldn't be properly Spartacus inspired occasional battle from time to time. Results giving favour to one faction or the other.

"Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram cock in fucking ass!"

The Rebels will have 3 leader spots open, each leader being equal in status and responsibility for the rebellion. The Romans will also have 3 Leader spots, the Imperator and two Legatus. Other characters are of course welcome, gladiators turned soldiers in the slave army, Roman soldiers, camp followers in the form of slaves and whores plus anything else we come up with and find appropriate.

"Fuck Honour. This is business."

We are not taking reservations on the leadership positions just yet, but if there is sufficient interest we will open the game soon and hopefully start quite soon after. Questions, comments and suggestions welcome. 

"We are truly free when we fight, or when we fuck, which I shall leave to do presently"

**Looking For**

If you are having difficulty in deciding on a character, some players have expressed interest in someone filling a roll for them. Currently:
RubySlippers: "Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off)."

Primarch:

• Wife: Wife to Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius, ideally younger then the late thirties Legatus. While initially instructed to stay in Rome, gave chase to her husband and now resides in the Followers camp (if much nicer comforts then the slaves & whores). Possibly fleeing some trouble that arose in the short time her husband has left Rome?
  • Son: Tigurius's son, enjoying his first campaign under his father.
  • Slave: The Legatus's favoured slave, follows him around at the camp tending to his meals and grooming, but also tends to his cock (possibly reluctantly, might aide the Rebels later).

SnorkleRainbow would like, for her character Decimus Leonius:
1) A female master, as wife to a well respected Roman lord who took an interest him while in training and 'made' her husband turn him to a house slave.
2) A secret male lover who trains there as a Gladiator.

bubby

AND SO IT BEGINS AGAIN!!

That's right gang, it's time to try this out again! A soon as I saw the first episode of War of the Damned my brain SCREAMED to maybe open up the idea, and Primarch nudged me. The last attempt had a good run, at just about a full year. Can we do that again?

I'm lookin' for some of this...

... and some of this...

...and totally some of this...

.. and I'm sure some of this!

"THERE IS BUT ONE PATH, WE KILL THEM ALL!"

Primarch

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 07:09:33 PM
I am very interested!

Excellent :D
Got anything in mind for a character?

sansa

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2013, 07:20:29 PM
Excellent :D
Got anything in mind for a character?

Well I suppose it really depends on what characters are taken (by you and bubby) and what roles people are interested in playing so I do not pursue to play a character left in the dust! ;P

These two characters would be a preference (in order of my preference!) :D
Naevia – Lucretia's personal and loyal slave. Love interest of Crixus.
Ilithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

RubySlippers

Oh goddess yes. I would prefer to play an original character and more an friend of the rebels, a sympathizer. I was thinking a Dori a master harlot with money, connections to slavers and slave shippers and the ear to the elite who can be of value to the rebel forces. A Greek freewoman who under roman law would be a citizen of the empire maybe a Jewess who is in her heart devout to god if not well perfect, she would not keep slaves.

Part of the fun is there are so many roles that need to be filled.

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
Well I suppose it really depends on what characters are taken (by you and bubby) and what roles people are interested in playing so I do not pursue to play a character left in the dust! ;P

These two characters would be a preference (in order of my preference!) :D
Naevia – Lucretia's personal and loyal slave. Love interest of Crixus.
Ilithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber.

Well we've left most names out of the game so as to allow for OCs, as these games usually have a preference for OCs stepping into important person shoes...I also think Ilithyia would be dead at this point, but we can work something up!

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM
Oh goddess yes. I would prefer to play an original character and more an friend of the rebels, a sympathizer. I was thinking a Dori a master harlot with money, connections to slavers and slave shippers and the ear to the elite who can be of value to the rebel forces. A Greek freewoman who under roman law would be a citizen of the empire maybe a Jewess who is in her heart devout to god if not well perfect, she would not keep slaves.

Part of the fun is there are so many roles that need to be filled.

OCs are certainly welcome!

kckolbe

Is familiarity with the series required?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 04, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
Is familiarity with the series required?

Required? No. Its basically just the final year of the Third Servile War. OCs will be taking the place of the actual heroes and there shall likely be more sex....because Spartacus is like that. Also, when you cut someone, river of blood.

sansa

Ah I took this as more of following the characters. Well lemme rethink things! (:
O/O

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Ah I took this as more of following the characters. Well lemme rethink things! (:

Certainly, think I'll start as a Roman myself.

Vassus

Tentative interest forming. While I haven't seen the show, I do quite like Roman history, and have never had much of a chance to RP it. I can play Roman or Rebel, whichever one needs a player.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Primarch

Quote from: Vassus on February 04, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
Tentative interest forming. While I haven't seen the show, I do quite like Roman history, and have never had much of a chance to RP it. I can play Roman or Rebel, whichever one needs a player.

At this point I imagine they both do. But you could certainly hold off on a decision until others express interest in being one or the other.

Primarch

bubby

A good start indeed! It's currently 1 am for me, and I just got off work, so I'm not in the mind set as yet to think any more on things. Primarch is correct in the fact we're looking for OC's here.

I will be playing one of the leading Rebels, because I can rawk that kind of char.  ::) If Primarch doesn't do it while I'm sleeping (since we're in totally opposite time zones), I'll work on a char template tomorrow before work.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Desirous

I`m interested and bookmarking this!  ;D

bubby

I'm awake! Kinda... need.... coffee..

Primarch

Character template!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Position[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img]URLHEREPLEASE![/img][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

I shall reserve one of the Legatus positions for myself : D
If anyone wishes to play his personal slave, a son traveling with him or even a favoured whore, feel free to PM me and we can plot something.

bubby

Well I had planned on making my own char, but my mother is coming to visit before I go to work. So this day is a bust.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 12:40:04 PM
Well I had planned on making my own char, but my mother is coming to visit before I go to work. So this day is a bust.

Damnations!
Well if some others get characters up, I'll take care of getting IC set up.

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
Damnations!
Well if some others get characters up, I'll take care of getting IC set up.

I don't really think we have enough interest yet to start an IC darlin'.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 12:48:46 PM
I don't really think we have enough interest yet to start an IC darlin'.

I'm an eager beaver, you can hardly hold it against me?

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 01:08:44 PM
I'm an eager beaver, you can hardly hold it against me?

Oh I'll hold it against you all right. Rawr!  >:) I'm eager to m'dear, but I'm picturing a bit grander scope before we actually start. Lol. They will come, I'm sure of it!

RubySlippers

Name:  Deborah the Jewess
Faction:  Rebel
Position  Prostitute, Owner of the House of Deborah a Stabula (large one room open brothel)
Nationality:  Greek

Appearance:

Personality:  A Jewess but Romanized from Greece and well not high up on her peoples social strata she is nevertheless a fine whore bold, eager to please her clients and unabashedly shameless even by Roman standards. Is still loyal in her heart to the one god just well being a whore is her lot and she is good at it. She has her strong points she is rather moral not keeping slaves, not allowing her staff of her brothel to be mistreated, is kind to those who are poor and in need and suprisingly educated for a whore.

Equipment:  Clothes, has a knife and thigh sheath she may or may not have on, her own brothel large one room open one with whores who work for her plying their trade and several former soldiers as guards mostly wounded members of the legions. Support staff of course are all freedwomen or freewomen as well. Her creditworthiness is good she is a shrewd businesswoman and quite comfortable for her lot. Has a nice stone home in Rome near her brothel and the theaters. Has musical instruments and other trappings as well.

Skills:  Literate and speaks greek, hebrew and latin, sexual technique, sexual stamina, dancing, play the lyre, sing, poetry and verse, business (prostitution), housewifery (jewish), investing money, networking, politcs, etiquette, bargaining, knife fighting and throwing.

Backstory:  The daugher of a well-off greek jewish family that fell on hard times she entered the whoring profession in Athens and came to Rome after her family told her to leave, and gave her enough funds to get a good start. Using her funds she quickly established herself as a bold whore after she crashed the party of a Legate clad only in a smile and flowers on leather cords about her form like vines coming out of a hollow thin plaster statue of Lilith the ancient dark Jewish demoness offering herself to the Legate. Since then she was on an upswing for the last year opening her own brothel staffed by eager freedwomen and freewomen, capable guards and some servants that is well regarded and bought a stone home with a garden nearby. Privately she supports the Spartacus slave uprising but is not open about her leanings considering slavery an abomination to god but in public she simply states owning slaves is frowned on by her god so doesn't wish to offend him.

Primarch

Looks good to me. Only thing I'd say is to change the faction from "Spartacus" to Rebel when the time comes to post the app to the OOC/Character thread. Just because we likely won't have Spartacus himself, being an OC game.

bubby

What he said! Any reference to 'Spartacus' should be changed to Rebel.

RubySlippers

Okay, no problem.

And I noticed in the show the traditional laws for whores are not in full effect so left her hair au naturale not dyed. She may or may not wear much if anything while working but at home likely will save a discarded girl in the countryside to adopt into her home as a daughter so likely will be more modest there in that case.

Oh there is room for a Legate patron and a rebel lover preferebly a woman in her life, that could make things interesting later on.

bubby

Name: Zia
Faction: Rebels
Position Rebel Leader
Nationality: Thracian

Appearance:

Personality: Being Thracian, Zia was raised as a warrior. She is fierce, and brutal, and fears nothing. She lives for battle, and wants nothing more then to see rivers of Roman blood surrounding her. She is a born leader, and has taken on the mantle of one of the Commanders of the Rebel forces easily.

Equipment: A pair of double edged swords, and a pair of boot knives. Basic leather and cotton clothing.

Skills: Skilled with wielding double blades. Smaller ambushes are her speciality, always being the one to lead smaller bands to take over slave or supply caravans.

Backstory: Zia had followed her husband into war. Had fought at his side, and had watched him die by Roman swords. She had also been captured and forced into chains. She was not a docile slave, and many who tried to force themselves upon her found themselves wishing they hadn't. Sent to the arena, she was one to be fated to die by a Gladiators sword, but managed to fight her way free. Her escape led her eking out survival on her own, until she came across a band of Rebels.

So it was that she came to be free once again, and vowed that never again would she be under the Roman yoke.

kckolbe

Well, I was leaning toward playing a soldier, so I would be very interested in playing a patron, though I doubt I will be a Legatus.  If you are interested in making room for a lesser-ranked soldier (maybe a regular who mainly hired less expensive prostitutes).  I think that could be interesting should my character come into information and find himself receiving more attention from Deborah.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Primarch

Name: Severus Gaius Tigurius
Faction: The Republic of Rome
Position Legatus legionis
Nationality: Roman

Appearance:

Personality: Approachable and amiable, a proud Commander and tenacious warrior for the glory of Rome. He considers slaves to be near non-entities, having no morale issue in seeing female slaves used for the pleasure of himself or guests in his home, or unruly slaves beaten or even executed for crimes real or imagined. He occasionally suffers from pains in his head that if left unattended see him in need for long rest.
Equipment: Roman Standard (Gladius, Scutum, Galea helm)
Skills: As one would expect for a Legatus, Tigurius is a well trained Commander and experience has honed his skills to a degree that have earned him much praise and recognition. Able to predict the moves of lesser Commanders. When the need arises to cross swords personally, he is dangerous with his gladius and has cut down many men whom made the mistake that his skills are in strategy alone.

Backstory: From a family of only moderate name and wealth among the Senate. Tigurius is perhaps the first since his great grandfather with both the talent and ambition to further himself among Rome's Elite. Although already noted as a military leader, he proved himself a particularly valuable asset against Mithridates. When the Senate saw fit to dispatch an Imperator to deal with the slave rebellion, Legatus Tigurius saw it as a further chance to raise the value of his name, his family also heavy money invested in Ludus and slave-caravans all over the country, and prisoners taken in this campaign could boost his stock considerably, making it very profitable indeed.

Once he was prepared for a fresh campaign, he set out with two full infantry legions and an Alaris auxiliary. 

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 03:39:51 PM
Well, I was leaning toward playing a soldier, so I would be very interested in playing a patron, though I doubt I will be a Legatus.  If you are interested in making room for a lesser-ranked soldier (maybe a regular who mainly hired less expensive prostitutes).  I think that could be interesting should my character come into information and find himself receiving more attention from Deborah.

Playing a lesser ranked soldier would be fine.

kckolbe

Oh, I just wanted to see if that was a char concept that Ruby Slippers would want her character associating with, because I definitely want my character to be around hers at least every once in a while.  ~grins~

I was actually leaning toward an archer type, if that suits you, Primarch.

Intro Thread

bubby

:'( No one wants to play with Zia? *Snerks*

We need lesser Roman soldiers, as well as Rebel. I'd really like to have an Ashur type of char, a sneaky double agent. We also need more leaders for both sides.

I will reiterate that though of course this game will have sex, I don't want this to be the focus!

kckolbe

Bubby, I don't think I have had a single character have sex in any game we have ever played together.  Wa-POW.  Even if the sex never happens, though, I like for my characters to interact with characters they would want to have sex with. 

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 04:57:26 PM

Don't worry, we'll meet on the field of battle and my heroic Legatus might let Zia be his favoured sex slave while she's captured.

bubby

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 05:01:08 PM
Bubby, I don't think I have had a single character have sex in any game we have ever played together.  Wa-POW.  Even if the sex never happens, though, I like for my characters to interact with characters they would want to have sex with.

*Snickerfits at the 'wa-POW' *

Tru dat boo!

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 05:03:17 PM
Don't worry, we'll meet on the field of battle and my heroic Legatus might let Zia be his favoured sex slave while she's captured.

*Chuckles* Yes, this shall be fun methinks. MORE PLAYERS!

RubySlippers

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 04:57:26 PM

We need lesser Roman soldiers, as well as Rebel. I'd really like to have an Ashur type of char, a sneaky double agent. We also need more leaders for both sides.

I will reiterate that though of course this game will have sex, I don't want this to be the focus!

You can be my characters lover, when not slaughtering Romans.  :-*

And a harlot of her standing has value just soldiers and people visiting her brothel would be useful for information, if the Legates favorite whore or she can get a camp follower deal with his army even better.

But if its like the series there will be people getting jiggity with it.  ;)

Primarch

Should we assume her brothel is in the city the Slave Army has occupied? Or her employee's have extensive presence in the Followers camp, tending to the most important needs of all the soldiers (15,000 men just from my characters forces!). After all, the men can't just finish a day of beating those rebels, then take a walk back to Rome for a trip to the brothel, then walk all the way back to the warcamp to go to bed before the next shift.

bubby

RubySlippers

I will note to the rebels she is likely the only brothel owner not using slaves, so should be in okay with them just by reputation.

In fact posing as a harlot could be a good way to get some spies into the city you don't need to be good looking to much to service this lot. lol

Okay save their Legate.

But funding a moving brothel should not be to hard for her, she has the funds and business knowledge and if she needs investors it shouldn't be to hard. Kind of hard for whores NOT to make money following an army.

bubby

Ok gang, off to work for the night again.

If any of you who are currently invested in playing this game know of anyone who might also be interested, please spread the word!

Primarch

I'm going to put a "Looking for" in the OP. If anyone has a character they are looking for (such as a husband/wife/mistress/lover/best-friend/body slave/right hand etc etc) let me know and I'll include it.

RubySlippers

Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off).

Primarch

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 05, 2013, 06:04:19 PM
Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off).

You got it.

RubySlippers

Oh only Buddies can pm me I Buddied everyone in the game so if you need to chat now in a pm go ahead.  ;D

kckolbe

Whew!  I was wondering what I'd done to earn a block.  I couldn't remember us having a fight of any kind, but I have been here a few years, so wasn't completely sure.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Your not bad, I just like to get messages from people who I have games with or like and well your not in the latter.

Just kidding.  ;D

kckolbe

Ruby, I was wondering if you would be interested in a lesser patron as well, as I am thinking of playing an archer under Primarch's command.  Even if he were not a direct patron of hers, perhaps he visits one of her whores (maybe another PC), but she checks in on him to make sure he is happy, makes him feel welcome, and chats to see if he knows anything.

Primarch, how would you feel about my character being from a stronger family, but the soldier himself being less than impressive, perhaps only under Tigurius' command to strengthen his ties?  I was thinking of an archer, but am a bit flexible.

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
Primarch, how would you feel about my character being from a stronger family, but the soldier himself being less than impressive, perhaps only under Tigurius' command to strengthen his ties?  I was thinking of an archer, but am a bit flexible.

While you are free to take up an archer, unless other people show interest in playing 'rank and file' troops I'd advise against it. You'd quickly find yourself without any to RP with. Some random archer would never find himself socializing with the 'leaders.'

Regardless, someone from a powerful family just elected to Military Tribune could serve directly under my Legatus?

RubySlippers

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
Ruby, I was wondering if you would be interested in a lesser patron as well, as I am thinking of playing an archer under Primarch's command.  Even if he were not a direct patron of hers, perhaps he visits one of her whores (maybe another PC), but she checks in on him to make sure he is happy, makes him feel welcome, and chats to see if he knows anything.

A patron has to bring something to the table so unless your from a good family and well important you won't get into my characters bed, but her brothel and prostitutes (men and women) are another story.

Sexy Firefly

I am so interested in this!!! I love the show...could call me a little Obessed ha ha and would love to join this! Making a character now to Show!

kckolbe

Can't wait to see her.  And he doesn't have to be an archer, just wanted to play someone who wasn't a particularly skilled fighter.  From what I read of military tribunes, though, any politician could end up in that role.  That would work for Primarch (since it was his idea) and make him more appealing to Deborah, since he would be more important.  I might make an archer as a minor NPC, though, if that's all right. 

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 07:38:09 PM
Can't wait to see her.  And he doesn't have to be an archer, just wanted to play someone who wasn't a particularly skilled fighter.  From what I read of military tribunes, though, any politician could end up in that role.  That would work for Primarch (since it was his idea) and make him more appealing to Deborah, since he would be more important.  I might make an archer as a minor NPC, though, if that's all right. 

"To attain the position of tribune, one only needed to be a member of the ruling class — ability was not taken into account."

Sounds about right for your character! But an NPC Archer would be fine. We might also open up people having more then one character. I'd be likely to take up a rebel-slave myself. Perhaps a Celtic Gladiator.

Quote from: Sexy Firefly on February 05, 2013, 07:32:54 PM
I am so interested in this!!! I love the show...could call me a little Obessed ha ha and would love to join this! Making a character now to Show!

Ooh excellent~

kckolbe

I try to avoid playing two full time characters in any game.  I find I get overwhelmed doing that.  The archer, though, being unimportant, can kind of disappear when he isn't needed, so no pressure there.

Intro Thread

Sexy Firefly

Name: Badb — (BIBE)
Faction: Rebel
Position Rebel Warrior/ Lead Huntress/Tracker
Nationality: Gaul

Appearance:

Personality:  Being from Gaul Badb is boorish and ill mannered, yet strong and reliable. Adventurous with the love of the chase branded into her from birth, Badb is a master huntress in both animal's and human flesh. She hungers for the chase and can be almost animalistic herself. Brutal and precise she lives for blood shed, favoring close range combat, she likes to see the life dim from the eyes of her victims.
Equipment: Two daggers that hang on her hips, and a finely crafted long bow.
Skills: Badb's skills include close range combat, archery, and tracking

Backstory: Badb was captured by Roman soldiers during the many battle raids in Gaul, she had been hunting near the battle field when they came upon her, she had mangaged to shoot one off his horse and gut him with her dagger before she found herself roped and dragged behind a second horse. She had been placed on a ship with fellow warriors headed for the slave block of Roma when the dock they had harbored at was seized by a band of rebels. From that day on she was loyal to the group that gave her back her freedom and was the main food source. Now growing to 50,000 strong, Badb hunts with a small army of others.

Sexy Firefly

I am willing to play more than one....Maybe a whore with in the Roman Camp....or a whore in ruby's brothel.

Primarch

Well your first character looks good, although the Rebel forces are now about 50,000 strong so she might not single handedly bring in the main supply of food.

Sexy Firefly

I realized that so I put band...I can change that to small army! ha ha

Primarch

Quote from: Sexy Firefly on February 05, 2013, 08:26:42 PM
I realized that so I put band...I can change that to small army! ha ha

Ah it'll be fine. I think we get the idea at this point. :P

Sexy Firefly

Ha ha good good! Just let me know if I should make another character!

RubySlippers

Well the camp followers are under her employ, consider it a solid investment whores + lonely soldiers = $$$$

It should not be hard to find investors to back her up on this one.  ;D

Primarch

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 05, 2013, 08:37:41 PM
Well the camp followers are under her employ, consider it a solid investment whores + lonely soldiers = $$$$

Just wait until we capture lots of those hot rebel chicks to bolster the numbers. Soldiers might pay extra for a chance to have a famous rebel spread leg.  ;D

RubySlippers

I don't use slaves, its an offense to the one god of the jews. Unless you care to free them first?

Primarch

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 05, 2013, 08:48:48 PM
I don't use slaves, its an offense to the one god of the jews. Unless you care to free them first?

Not slaves, prisoners being punished with prostitution! Like adulterers.

RubySlippers

As long as they get a "fair" trial.  And no undo mistreatment well beaten up they are less marketable in the tents.

bubby

We need more testosterone in this game.

SatanKlaus

I'm curerntly rewatching the first season and so, of course, I am interested in the game. Before I make a character, I have a few questions:

What kind of content is desired in this roleplay? Are we talking more consensual encounters or is this rape, pillage and massacre roman style?

How do you plan to have encounters between chracters from the roman and rebel factions? Meeting in a field battle does not give room for much roleplay between sides. Also, if you are taking your clues from the series, I suppose everyone has to be ready for their characters to die.

Maybe we can have small units and groups of scouts skirmishing with each other to give room for more personal encounters (this might be a good place for kckolbe's archer)? Maybe with frequent capture, interrogation and escape thrown in so that characters from both sides can actually meet on several occassions?

Satan_Klaus

PS: I don't remember The One God Of The Jews saying anything about not taking slaves. In fact, he seems to be all for it and has laid out numerous provisions who has to be killed when taking a town (grown men, mothers) and who can be taken a slave (children, virgins).

RubySlippers

Quote from: SatanKlaus on February 06, 2013, 06:05:03 AM
I'm curerntly rewatching the first season and so, of course, I am interested in the game. Before I make a character, I have a few questions:

What kind of content is desired in this roleplay? Are we talking more consensual encounters or is this rape, pillage and massacre roman style?

How do you plan to have encounters between chracters from the roman and rebel factions? Meeting in a field battle does not give room for much roleplay between sides. Also, if you are taking your clues from the series, I suppose everyone has to be ready for their characters to die.

Maybe we can have small units and groups of scouts skirmishing with each other to give room for more personal encounters (this might be a good place for kckolbe's archer)? Maybe with frequent capture, interrogation and escape thrown in so that characters from both sides can actually meet on several occassions?

Satan_Klaus

PS: I don't remember The One God Of The Jews saying anything about not taking slaves. In fact, he seems to be all for it and has laid out numerous provisions who has to be killed when taking a town (grown men, mothers) and who can be taken a slave (children, virgins).

There was a movement at the time who did call for no slave ownership based on how god reacted to the keeping of the Hebrews in Egypt and his wrath, among other contemporary at the time interpretations of the Torah. In fact the Essenes denounced the practice outright.

In her case its more she doesn't like it and needed an "excuse" the romans would accept as one for not owning slaves and well the Essenes teachings on this gave her the excuse, everyone knows the Jews at the time were peculiar in their faith. So they would likely go its her gods and faiths will, can't go wrong with that its odd but well her faith.

Primarch

Considering the nature of the game, I imagine there shall be room for both.

QuoteHow do you plan to have encounters between chracters from the roman and rebel factions? Meeting in a field battle does not give room for much roleplay between sides. Also, if you are taking your clues from the series, I suppose everyone has to be ready for their characters to die.

Generally speaking you'll probably associate with members of your own faction more often, but I'd not be against something described above to allow the rivals to meet here and there. The game would probably end quickly enough if every battle had all forces jumping in to fight.

bubby and I discussed characters being killed off, and we feel we won't want a game where any character can just be killed off. Attached NPCs are certainly at risk, and if you decide to enter a battle, you'll certainly run the risk of being captured which may put one in the situation of being a prisoner, and a prisoner of the Romans will certainly risk being put back into the role of being a slave (unless liberated) and there would perhaps be the threat of rape. Ons-offs depending.

I can only imagine if my brave Legatus was captured Badb & Zia would want to rape him extensively with their mouths.

kckolbe

Name: Caius Tullius Constantius
Faction: Republic
Position: Tribune
Nationality: Roman

Appearance:

Personality: Despite the stern name, Laverius is best known as an affable man.  His upbringing (see below) has resulted in a sheltered, charmed life, and he tends to approach challenges casually, with a fearlessness often mistaken for bravery.  He goes out of his way for company, as he is accustomed to frequently entertaining guests.  While he knows that he knows nothing of military protocol or tactics, he still does not feel he is out of his league, and takes his command seriously when on duty, though can be fairly unconcerned when not in rotation.
Equipment: Armor, bow and arrows, gladius, no shield
Skills: Well-read, charm, novice swordsmanship and archery.  While not a skill, he is well-connected

Backstory: One could hardly ask for a more fortunate birth than his.  His family is wealthy, in good standing, and with generations of service in the senate.  Caius had a pleasant childhood, filled with good foods, a private tutor for academics and combat, and a complete lack of manual labor.  As was expected, he was appointed to the senate at a young age, and found it tedious.  He attended every meeting, and made a tolken effort to be fair, though was not known for stubborn resolve.  Other senators became fond of him for his fondness of social gatherings and his reluctance to speak ill of others.  When he expressed an interest in seeing the army in action, there was little disagreement in naming him a military tribune.

Question:  in the wikipedia article, it said that tribunes rotate command, with two of the six having command at any one time.  Does that mean that 2/3 of his time he will have no duties?

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Now you are of value to Deborah as a contact to cultivate. (drops her toga)

lol

Coin first though and she is not cheap.  ;D

Seriously one thing she will like do is be a go between between the Jewish community and the Legate one obligation is they free Jewish slaves if they can when held by non-Jews. So even being immoral trash she has that obligation to and well can connect the Jews with coin to the Legate maybe through a certain soldier he could get coin and the Legate release the jewish rebel on condition they go outside of Rome to one of the border provinces like Palestine their holy land. Could be fun to roleplay out and give the soldier something to do be the Legates representative. Everyone win the Legate gets coin, the Jews a freed slave, Rome has one less enemy to fight in Italy and Deborah gets brownie points with her god and the Legate for making the purse heavier. She might even have the rebels find Jews and she could help get them out of Italy with the help of the Jewish community, should be easy to hide them and get them on ships or traveling by road North into Gaul.

Just ideas.

Sexy Firefly

He may not be able to handle the workings of Badb's mouth, but we shall see there may be some capturing yet on both sides. ;-)

Also I will be posting another character later today a whore in the following camp, she will be up for claiming as favored slave, or just a whore for anyone's sexual pleasure.....I will leave it to the males to decide.

kckolbe

Woohoo!  Right now I imagine that a whore would serve better, as RubySlippers only serves women, though I think Primarch wanted a personal slave.  I will start on my archer as well, though he will be a minor character.  If, for some reason, he becomes more prominent, then I will fade one of the two back, as I intend to only have one significant character.

Intro Thread

bubby

Satan_Klaus

1) Anything non-con that might be actually desired with PC's must be talked out first with each other. Being a Roman-esque game, we can expect slaves especially to be ravaged, as well as any prisoners captured. However, that doesn't mean anyone can run around willy nilly and go all god-mode. PM's are a wonderful thing!
PM 1: " Hey, I want to capture your char, tie them up, bitch slap them around, and fuck them raw, can I?"
PM 2: " CAN you? PLEASE DO!"

....just sayin'.

2) Any NPC can die. As for PC's, we don't expect the char you made to be killed off. I do expect you to allow your char damage occasionally in like a wound of some kind when a skirmish happens... which brings me to..

3) YES. I plan on this. Though we're starting the game with having captured the City, the Romans will be out there, wanting in. The Rebels will need to go out to try and free slaves, as well as get food. Skirmishes will totally happen.

RubySlippers

Leave my workers alone none are slaves and are well treated rebel whore!

just kidding on the whore part

(drops her toga)

On the other hand you fought hard and have many spoils of war maybe I can be of service?

And your doing me a favor with all the brothels with slave staff you just eliminated most of the competition in one fell swoop.  ;D  The advantage of using non-slaves in ones business.

xPeachyPuff

I would love to join in here but I'm not sure I know enough about the History. I have seen the series, which I love, but it was a while ago and some bits are a little vague. I have started re-watching them, but haven't gotten very far yet and am still on 'Blood and Sand.' If you don't mind this, however, I would like to throw up a character of some kind.

-xSRx

bubby

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 06, 2013, 12:56:57 PM
I would love to join in here but I'm not sure I know enough about the History. I have seen the series, which I love, but it was a while ago and some bits are a little vague. I have started re-watching them, but haven't gotten very far yet and am still on 'Blood and Sand.' If you don't mind this, however, I would like to throw up a character of some kind.

-xSRx

Good enough!

CO-GM NOTICE For the 3rd rebel leader, I want a male! Sexy Firefly's char is excellent, and will work wonderfully, but the next Leader must have a penis!

xPeachyPuff

Thank you!

I'm thinking a male slave on the Roman side of things.

-xSRx

bubby

Sexy Firefly

Yes..Please send the men!!!! Nothing better than a little competition! ;)

xPeachyPuff

Name: Decimus Leonius.
Faction: The Republic of Rome.
Position Slave.
Nationality: Half Roman, Half Greek.

Appearance:

Personality: Decimus is very quiet and speaks only when spoke to directly. He is obedient and competent in his abilities as a servant and is outwardly loyal to the Roman Republic and his master. In reality, he would do anything to escape the life he lives and fight for the rebels cause. He is a good companion and because of his quiet demeanor often he is told things that he shouldn’t hear. Decimus enjoys the company of men more so than women, but because of his position he has to be versatile. He can sometimes be a little too trusting of people if they promise him ideals of freedom and love and he has yet to learn this lesson.
Equipment: A cloth waist wrap.
Skills: Quality servitude with the ability to comply with almost every task handed to him. He can cook and arrange meals/feasts, satisfy whoever asked to, can take a hit/beating, can handle a sword and has basic fighting skills, can endure long periods of time without sleep and he can read and write if needed to.

Backstory: Decimus was born in a small merchants home in Rome’s capitol, though on the rougher side of town. His father was a dirty, old, gambling man who took many women while his mother was a young Greek woman who was subject to his filthy advances. To everyone in town she was a beautiful housewife who took care of her loving husband when in reality she was just his slave. Decimus was brought up mostly by his mother; hardly seeing his father was a relief. When he did spend quality time with his son, it was teaching him about the woman form and how to pleasure them, which in honesty was a complete joke since the man didn’t know how to please a dead pig. His mother died in childbirth along with his baby sister when he was old enough to be considered a man and his father was forced to take care of him. He did bring the occasional woman into the house, but by this time his was so indebted to a Roman lord that he simply sold the boy off to decrease the size of his debt. He was trained to be a Gladiator at first, but then the man’s wife took an interest in him and made him one of her many slaves to serve her and the people of their home.

How does that look? I tired my best xD
He would be looking for a female master, as wife to a well respected Roman lord and possibly a secret male lover who trains there as a Gladiator. Would really love to have the latter if possible.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Hope he's alright.

-xSRx

bubby

Well.... damn... gunna have to capture me some of that...

... I mean... what?  ::)

Or not... lol. ANYWAY... he looks fine Firefly.

NOTICE: I have PM'd Primarch with the idea that we have an IC started on Saturday. I'd like to give this the rest of the week to gain more interest before we begin.

Sexy Firefly

Looks like Liberation has to come quick!! Ha ha

Very well done!!!

Sexy Firefly

Name:Kharis
Faction: Republic of Rome
Position Severus Gaius Tigurius's Body Slave
Nationality:Born on the shores of Hispaniola , Adopted into Roman nationale

Appearance:

Personality: Kharis is a sweet natured woman not hardened by war or her slavery, being obedient she aims to please and will go to any length to make her Dominus pleased and satisfied. With a maternal edge, she cares for her master's children as well as other duties asked of her. She is also full of wisdom, being in the background she hears and sees things which makes her very valuable and trusted (To a point). She knows her place, yet occasionally will speak above it if she feels it necessary. She speaks her heart and it warrented an excellent slave.
Equipment: Whatever her Dominus provides and allows to be hers.
Skills: Kharis is skilled in many things, music, intelligent conversation, she is well versed in how to please with her body, as well as being invisible when needed to be. Grooming and caring for the children of the house.

Backstory: Born on the shores of Hispaniola Kharis, born of different name and tongue, was sold to a debt collector in order to pay off the shambling livelihood of her parents, with the promise of good wares and satisfaction once she was old enough. Shipped to Rome like so many others she was placed as a slave in a home of a well to do Ludus just outside the city of Capua. When she had turned 15 a legion of Romans burst through her village on campaign, one in particular Roman took interest in her, after spotting her in the marketplace. After buying her from her Dominus for more than she was probably worth, She was renamed with a Roman name and taken to the encampment.

It has been about ten years from that day, still a loyal and obediant servant to Severus Gaius Tigurius , Kharis has also taken up the position of favored slave and of wet nurse to his son.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 06, 2013, 12:57:53 PM
CO-GM NOTICE For the 3rd rebel leader, I want a male! Sexy Firefly's char is excellent, and will work wonderfully, but the next Leader must have a penis!

Fine with me.

Primarch

Quote from: Sexy Firefly on February 06, 2013, 02:54:08 PM
Name:Kharis

Firefly, if you're looking for Kharis to be someone's body slave, I was looking for one for my Legatus?

Sexy Firefly

QuoteFirefly, if you're looking for Kharis to be someone's body slave, I was looking for one for my Legatus?

That would excellent! Pm me some details on what their relationship is and I will create her back story!

Primarch

Quote from: Sexy Firefly on February 06, 2013, 04:26:39 PM
That would excellent! Pm me some details on what their relationship is and I will create her back story!

Sent.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 06, 2013, 02:03:22 PM
He would be looking for a female master, as wife to a well respected Roman lord and possibly a secret male lover who trains there as a Gladiator. Would really love to have the latter if possible.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Hope he's alright.

Promiscuous wives should probably be a part of this game. They were pretty common in Spartacus. I myself thought it would be amusing if one of the Roman leaders wife was staying in the Followers camp but secreted away in the night to operate as a prostitute out of some interest in a taboo-esque affair with numerous men of lower standing but perhaps also just some nymphomania tendencies.

Quote from: bubby on February 06, 2013, 12:57:53 PM

Wait, is her character a leader leader? I thought her character led the trackers but wasn't one of the 3 overall leaders of the Rebellion as a whole?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM
Promiscuous wives should probably be a part of this game. They were pretty common in Spartacus. I myself thought it would be amusing if one of the Roman leaders wife was staying in the Followers camp but secreted away in the night to operate as a prostitute out of some interest in a taboo-esque affair with numerous men of lower standing but perhaps also just some nymphomania tendencies.

I defiantly agree. (:

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 06, 2013, 04:54:10 PM
I defiantly agree. (:

While the idea is amusing, you might find it easier to find someone to play the promiscuous wife or the soldier/rebel/slave that hires her services over the Roman that wants a wife everyone is riding. Unless he's a very uncaring Roman quite happy to pimp out his wife to other military and political figures if it shall benefit him somehow.

kckolbe

I wouldn't mind some more women on the Roman side.  Thus far we have 3 men and 2 women, but one of the women is lesbian only, and the other is owned by one of the males.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Ahem, that is what masks are for I can doll wives up as Nymphs of Paradise and lease out their services for her usual cut.

Its not illegal for her to do that after all and they women will make her money,

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 06, 2013, 05:02:11 PM
While the idea is amusing, you might find it easier to find someone to play the promiscuous wife or the soldier/rebel/slave that hires her services over the Roman that wants a wife everyone is riding. Unless he's a very uncaring Roman quite happy to pimp out his wife to other military and political figures if it shall benefit him somehow.

Wait....What? :/ I think you've got something wrong somewhere.....The woman who 'claimed' MC, so to speak, doesn't sleep around with everyone....Only her husband who is the Roman lord. They have other slaves/servants of the house which aren't all used for sex. Just because she took a liking to him doesn't mean she sleeps with him every chance she gets, he's just her personal servant. Yes they could have sex occasionally or if her and her husband need help in the bedroom department to get them going then he could be used for that, but...yeah...I didn't mention anything about a Roman's wife who sleeps around with everyone....

-xSRx

RubySlippers

My character will bed men they just need to be very, very important like a very powerful Senator or maybe a couple might hire her who are important. But she doesn't work much now she has other sources of income.  ;D

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 06, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
Wait....What? :/ I think you've got something wrong somewhere.....The woman who 'claimed' MC, so to speak, doesn't sleep around with everyone....Only her husband who is the Roman lord. They have other slaves/servants of the house which aren't all used for sex. Just because she took a liking to him doesn't mean she sleeps with him every chance she gets, he's just her personal servant. Yes they could have sex occasionally or if her and her husband need help in the bedroom department to get them going then he could be used for that, but...yeah...I didn't mention anything about a Roman's wife who sleeps around with everyone....

-xSRx

I thought your initial response was a reference to the other part of my comment. xD

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 06, 2013, 05:12:50 PM
I thought your initial response was a reference to the other part of my comment. xD

...I'm so confused xD

-xSRx

Primarch

In my original sentence.
QuotePromiscuous wives should probably be a part of this game. They were pretty common in Spartacus. I myself thought it would be amusing if one of the Roman leaders wife was staying in the Followers camp but secreted away in the night to operate as a prostitute out of some interest in a taboo-esque affair with numerous men of lower standing but perhaps also just some nymphomania tendencies.
I thought you were agreeing with the part in bold as an amusing idea.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 06, 2013, 05:20:13 PM
In my original sentence. I thought you were agreeing with the part in bold as an amusing idea.

Ahhh, right! I get it now xD Sorry, should've made it a bit more clear. I was agreeing with the first part, haha xD Sorry again :P Just me being blond.

-xSRx

Primarch

Name: Cunobelinus
Position Soldier/Bodyguard
Nationality: Celtic

Appearance:
Appearance

Personality: Cunobelius is a giant in just about all capacities, including his giant heart. He is also a roughhouser, fond of play-wrestling for sport, drinking and singing late into the night and giving someone a kick up the arse when they need it. He is loyal and when his respect is earned, it is earned truly. He understands that following is easy when times are good and decisions easy, but true loyalty means following when hard decisions are made and when trust is needed.
Equipment: Cunobelius was a Murmillo in the Ludus he was liberated from and still wields the equipment of such.
Skills: Cunobelinus was a talented Gladiator when he was a slave, standing at six and a half feet tall and broad as one could ask, he can easily over power other opponents when they become entangled. His true worth was in his speed however, large Gladiators were common, but he moves with a swiftness of a man half his size.

Backstory: Like many Gladiators, Cunobelinus is a Celt that has fought against (and lost) the Romans before. When the dust of invasion settled Cunobelinus was one of few left standing, but his reward for survival was chains. He was shipped back to Rome and purchased for a Ludus, where he trained as a Gladiator. A dozen times he entered the Arena and a dozen times he walked out alive while another man lay dead.

When the Rebellion reached his Ludus and it was liberated, he joined up. In gratitude he has sworn to protect the men that led the slaves to freedom and since then, whenever a Legionnaire has thought he could end the Rebellion with a swing of his gladius against one of the leaders, Cunobelinus has been there to cut him down.

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM

Wait, is her character a leader leader? I thought her character led the trackers but wasn't one of the 3 overall leaders of the Rebellion as a whole?

If she wants to be a Leader, leader, I don't have a problem with it. We need them, yes? PM me if you have reservations hun.

Sabre

So, how's the character balance look so far?  How many gals and guys and on what side?

Sexy Firefly

I wasn't sure if I was either....But I can be! Badb can bring a lot to the table being able to scout and track and all!

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 07, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
If she wants to be a Leader, leader, I don't have a problem with it. We need them, yes? PM me if you have reservations hun.

No reservations, just hadn't interpreted the character as a leader of the Rebellion as a whole.

Quote from: Sabre on February 07, 2013, 07:00:28 AM
So, how's the character balance look so far?  How many gals and guys and on what side?

Rebels:
Deborah
Zia
Badb
Cunobelinus
(3 Women, 1 Man)

Romans:
Legatus Tigurius
Tribune Constantius
Slave Decimus Leonius
Slave Kharis
(3 Men, 1 Women)

kckolbe

Primarch, the Roman side is 3 men, 1 woman.  Tigurius, Decimus, and Constantius are all male.

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 07, 2013, 08:45:57 AM
Primarch, the Roman side is 3 men, 1 woman.  Tigurius, Decimus, and Constantius are all male.

Blame it on not having my first coffee of the day yet. 8I

xPeachyPuff

Primarch, is it possible to put what I'm looking for for MC in the first post along with your and Ruby's? (: Sorry to be a pain.

-xSRx

Sexy Firefly

Just Curious....Is there an ooc thread yet?

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 07, 2013, 09:33:38 AM
Primarch, is it possible to put what I'm looking for for MC in the first post along with your and Ruby's? (: Sorry to be a pain.

-xSRx

You certainly, what is it you want me to put up?

kckolbe

I guess that as long as we are doing requests, I wouldn't mind throwing something in as well.  I'd like for Caius to have a wife and/or a step-daughter. 

Intro Thread

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 07, 2013, 09:59:04 AM
You certainly, what is it you want me to put up?

Thank you :3

1) A female master, as wife to a well respected Roman lord who took an interest him while in training and 'made' her husband turn him to a house slave.
2) A secret male lover who trains there as a Gladiator.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 07, 2013, 10:19:13 AM
I guess that as long as we are doing requests, I wouldn't mind throwing something in as well.  I'd like for Caius to have a wife and/or a step-daughter.

Got any more details you'd like added?

bubby

kckolbe

I want to leave it a bit open to tweaking, so I'll leave it open.  I am willing to have his wife be Decimus' master, if that helps.

Intro Thread

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: kckolbe on February 07, 2013, 01:04:06 PM
I want to leave it a bit open to tweaking, so I'll leave it open.  I am willing to have his wife be Decimus' master, if that helps.

That would be cool (:

-xSRx

bubby

MORE MEN PLEASE!!!!

I'm off to work.

ebpohmr

I am real interested in this game!! I'll get to work on making a gladiator!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 07, 2013, 04:55:13 PM
I am real interested in this game!! I'll get to work on making a gladiator!

Eb! (:

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 07, 2013, 04:43:15 PM
MORE MEN PLEASE!!!!

I'm off to work.

We actually have equal men & women, so let me re-iterate his a little.

MORE REBEL MEN & ROMAN WOMEN PLEASE!!!!

ebpohmr

Okay, here's my gladiator-turned-rebel. Let me know what needs changing and what position y'all want him in so I can come back and finish the position/backstory!

Name: Akaris
Position: Soldier
Nationality: Phoenician

Appearance

Personality: Off the battlefield, Akaris tends towards being approachable. While quick to respect and be respected the former gladiator is slower in forming friendships, a holdover of those days when he might be called upon to kill a friend. Having spent most of his life living at the whims of his owners, Akaris enjoys the spoils of freedom. Memories of the day he became a slave have restrained him from time to time from fulfilling some of his darker desires and he has been known to get between rapacious slaves and their prey, usually when innocents are involved. Of course, sometimes, his intercessions have only been made so he can take the prey for himself. On the battlefield, the killing instinct rises within him and Akaris merrily sends his enemies to the Underworld with no remorse. At the end of a fight, the warrior has been known to take the time to watch the life fade from a mortally wounded foe, in those moments seeing the deaths of the Romans who tore his life apart decades earlier. On or off the battlefield, Akaris shows a marked tendency to take what he wants, when he wants, the consequences be damned until later. The former gladiator also bears a lifetime of hate for the Romans, although he does accept that not all of them are deserving of his anger.

Equipment: When in battle, Akaris normally carries a matched pair of siccae, although in addition to the two curved swords he also carries a sheathed knife at his waist and a smaller blade hidden inside his boot. He prefers light to no armour, preferring mobility over protection.

Skills: Akaris is good at precisely two things, fighting and fucking, and he only ever got paid to do one of them. Akaris is a trained warrior, specialised in fighting in light armour and wielding two swords. From his father, he learned to never show fear and from his mother he learned to live in the moment. His years as a gladiator have taught him caution, cunning and patience.

Backstory: Born to a Phoenecian parents Akaris grew up in what was, while not comfortable, a loving home. That was until the region's Praefectus was visiting the town and one of his Lictors took a liking to Akaris' mother. Suffice to say, that was a day of many firsts: the first time Akaris saw his father cry, the first time he witnessed a woman being raped, the first time he saw an innocent man cut down protecting his family, the first time he tasted the blood of an opponent, the first time he killed a man and the first time he learned to hate the Romans.

For the next ten years of his life Akaris was sold from owner to owner, before eventually being sold to the Ludus in Capua. Initially not a fighter, Akaris enjoyed being around the gladiators and received more than one thump to the head for spending more time watching the warriors training than he did doing his tasks. Having grown up with a wiry physique, Akaris drew and returned the attention of one of the slave women, Denae. Unbeknownst to him, one of the gladiators-in-training, Halix, had had his eye on Denae and didn't take kindly to Akaris' involvement with her. Halix arranged for Denae's death and to have Akaris framed for the murder but made the mistake of underestimating the youth's survival reflexes. The lanista was not happy to be summoned in the early hours of the morning, especially to discover two dead slaves and a third almost incoherent with rage. Of course no evidence led back to the jealous gladiator.

The next day saw Akaris publicly flogged and sent to the bowels of the Ludus. When recovered from the flogging, the slave was sent to the arena to face judgement on its sands. He showed enough mettle that the lanista offered him the chance to become a gladiator and Akaris took it. Unsurprisingly, given his attitude and willingness to fight, Akaris took to the gladiatorial life well. Initially at odds with Halix, the two were forced to bond as gladiators following a challenging fight arranged by the crafty lanista. They were never friends, but they were brothers. Although there were several wounds and beatings along the way, Akaris did well enough as a gladiator and earned the respect and sometimes friendship of his fellows. Akaris drew the favour of several female slaves, bedding them as the opportunity arose. Akaris fought in many battles, becoming a touted dimachaeri and earning a reputation as a cunning and patient opponent.

Despite the trappings of success the lanista was careful to reward the gladiators with, Akaris remembered life before being a slave and the longing to be a free man never quite left him. His years as a fighter had taught him to wait for the right moment before attacking and the slave was able to apply this to battles beyond the arena. When the time was right, Akaris orchestrated a bloody and violent slave revolt within the Ludus before disappearing into the lands south of Capua. Knowing he was no real leader or planner, he left it to others to build upon what he had started. Many battles later, with the rebel army standing fifty thousand strong, Akaris knows he made the right decision. Leave the strategy and leadership to others - the former gladiator was just happy to be a free man, especially when that meant being free to split open Roman skulls.

xPeachyPuff

OMG. Jason Momoa! -Fangirls.- I so wish I was playing a female Rebel now >>;;;;; You might have tempted me to make one just for his sexiness...

I was actually thinking about it and have kinda got an outline for a character, but haven't put the interest forwards because the Rebel's need more men. If it's alright though, someone drop me a line and let me know and I'll throw her up or something if that's alright.

-xSRx

ebpohmr

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 08, 2013, 01:28:09 AM
OMG. Jason Mamoa! -Fangirls.- I so wish I was playing a female Rebel now >>;;;;; You might have tempted me to make one just for his sexiness...

-xSRx

Yeah, I have to confess that as soon as I thought of who I would want to use the appearance of for this, I thought of the new Conan movie and Jason Momoa... ;)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 08, 2013, 01:30:51 AM
Yeah, I have to confess that as soon as I thought of who I would want to use the appearance of for this, I thought of the new Conan movie and Jason Momoa... ;)

Haha! He's so gorgeous and awesome >3< Nice pick!

-xSRx

bubby

RubySlippers

Yes the best Conan ever forget Arnold he is the man up top!  ;D

Madriv

Damn, I wander away from the group game listings for a while and something brilliant like this hits the forum! Ain't that always the way?

Still in the market for Rebel Men?

Primarch

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 08, 2013, 10:07:22 AM
Damn, I wander away from the group game listings for a while and something brilliant like this hits the forum! Ain't that always the way?

Yep.

xPeachyPuff

Primarch, just curious if it's alright for me to put up a Rebel female character. I know we need men on that side but I though I should ask anyway. I was going to after throwing my other character up but thought I should give it a little while before doing so.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 08, 2013, 01:16:49 AM
Name: Akaris

While most of Akaris is fine, he's a bit too overtly badass for my liking. He seems to spend his whole life being insubordinate to his Greek and Roman Masters but only ever seems to get a slap on the wrist by Roman/Slave standards and after initially being made a slave his lot only seems to get better and better. There's also too many similarities to Spartacus himself.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 08, 2013, 11:00:20 AM
Primarch, just curious if it's alright for me to put up a Rebel female character. I know we need men on that side but I though I should ask anyway. I was going to after throwing my other character up but thought I should give it a little while before doing so.

-xSRx

That's fine.

I think allowing people one character on each faction for now would be ideal, what do you think bubby?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 08, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
That's fine.

I think allowing people one character on each faction for now would be ideal, what do you think bubby?

That's awesome, thanks very much. Hopefully Bubby's alright with it too. I'll try and get her up very soon!

-xSRx

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 08, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
While most of Akaris is fine, he's a bit too overtly badass for my liking. He seems to spend his whole life being insubordinate to his Greek and Roman Masters but only ever seems to get a slap on the wrist by Roman/Slave standards and after initially being made a slave his lot only seems to get better and better. There's also too many similarities to Spartacus himself.

That's fine.

I think though his back story is indeed 'bad ass', when you think on it, it looks no different then Zia's? And really, it plays right along with many back stories of the show. Akaris need not be overly bad ass during the game.

As for the One char for each faction per player, you read my mind. Go ahead Snorkle! Though I would like more men, I'm not going to say OMG NO WAI NO MORE CHICKS!!  ;D

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 08, 2013, 10:07:22 AM

GET YOUR FINE ASS IN THIS GAME MISTER!!  ::) Please.

RubySlippers

Name:  Crono the Giant, Leader of the Company of the Free Swords
Faction:  Rome
Position  Mercenary Captain
Nationality:  Chamavian (North of Roman Territory)

Appearance:

Sticks to classic heavier barbarian warriors clothing, the best weapons and focuses on looking fearsome and his wooden gladius of his freedom is always carried, is a huge warrior at nearly seven feet tall with a powerful build. He is older now and in his stately forties.

Personality: Stoic, pragmatic and a natural leader he is also not a fool loyalty kept him going and not freed for some time formed a mercenary band and that served in the Empire in several campaigns and is proud of that. Not that he likes slavery he was one but its the way of things and there is no way the rebels will win against Rome fare better forces have fell to it. So again he takes up axe and shield to serve Rome its nothing personal. He has good points he good to his men, frees his men from bondage after two campaigns are served and if they stay on they get to keep their full share of wealth and booty (he takes as leader after expenses two shares). And he is an honorable warrior.

Equipment:  Rudis, finest barbarian armor, war axe, two custom broadswords, several daggers, company of several men and women skilled in the fighting arts, horse and tack, tents, house in Rome, investments.

Skills:  Leadership, tactics, gladiator training, weapons training, master of war axe, master of sword combat (single and two blades), merchant skills, literacy and fluency in Greek and Latin, intimidation, seasoned on the sands is a very capable gladiator to say the least, medicine (fairly capable for a non-physician).

Backstory:  Years ago was brought to Rome a young barbarian warrior and taken in to be trained as a gladiator where due to his huge size and merits came easily to him becoming a champion of the arena. Won his freedom after besting ten prisoners who were sentenced to death and stood alone blood and their bodies at his feet. Since then he worked for the Romans as a mercenary alone then after getting patronage of a prominant senator and money enough formed his own company, all picked from scum and trash to be forged into weapons of war. Is known for his loyalty, good care of his men and women under his command and combat prowess. Is signed on to the current campaign since its work and well Rome will win its only a matter of when and how.

Quote:  You have youth and skill, I have age and experience - now lets see who bests who.

bubby

See? Crono is just as 'bad ass' as Akaris. I think as long as we all remember that we're dealing with bad asses, both male and female, and we stick HEAVILY to the rule of talking out a fight scene IN PM FIRST if you plan on engaging with a PC, we'll be fine.

Viper

::Name::
Cyra Valentina Persis Tigurius

::Faction::
Roman Noble Woman

::Position::
Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius's Wife

::Nationality::
Roman

::Personality::

=Public Events=
Cyra is the most gossiped about due to her beauty and marriage status to Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius. She is regal in all things and will never use fowl language to counter act another's despicable behavior. She is the very image of diplomacy and will back her husband in every matter of state as well as to the public.

=Managing the Estate=
Whilst at home Cyra is what on may call...some what of a slave driver...if you will. She takes pride in having her home in complete tip top shape and will never leave a guest unsatisfied in anyway before exiting the door of her home. All of her servants are trained to do as their title instructs, and mistakes are not permitted in her house hold.

=Alone=
Cyra has a passion for sword play. She has taken lessons from many teachers and practices in the confines of her private practicing room in which no guest are permitted. This is where she keeps both hers and Legatus's weapons as well as the back up weapons in case their home ever invaded.

::Skills::

Languages--> Greek and Latin

Schooling--> Knowledge of worldly subjects, Mathematics, Caligraphy and script, Art, and Alchemy.

Art of War--> Knowledge of the sword, though she is much better with the bow. Some knowledge of hand to hand combat as well as lock picking methods in case she may ever be captured in troubled times.

::Backstory::

Cyra's Mother was a vicious woman, she made sure that all of her daughters were well taught in the ways of ettiquet, keeping up the perfect villa, and always being the perfectly fashionable lady. The only thing Cyra learned from her mother, is that women get what women want...by wooing the right man. Cyra and her mother had worked for months to get Legatus's attention...and it finally paid off when her feminine wiles and young child birthing age reached his eyes. Cyra's only goal in life was to marry into high society and out beat her mother in all things social, as well as the image of her villa.

Mother--> Drusilla Prima Valentina
Father-->Aemilius Blasius Julius Valentina
Sister 1-->Caelia Valentina
Sister 2-->Julia Valentina
Sister 3-->Prisca Valentina

...What I am Thinking...

This is the image to Cyra after she tried to leave the Followers camp to go back to her Villa in Rome, where she may be then capture by rebels. They may use her for her knowledge of Roman encampment and possible movements, or used as a bartering chip for Legatus.

RubySlippers

Well they are fighting gladiators and skilled warriors or those trained by them, this is not going to be an easy campaign. But the booty and pay should be good.

Want me to be the bodyguard to the Legate or in the army, or a special cadre of men and women for other duties. Its up to him if we can in game come to terms for employment he and his people are not cheap!

xPeachyPuff

Name: Marcella Violentilla.
Faction: Rebel.
Position Rebel Warrior.
Nationality: Roman.

Appearance:

Personality: Marcella is a fiery woman who enjoys the dirtier, rougher things in life. She enjoys getting up close and personal with her enemies and fails to hold her tongue on many occasions where she would be out of place to speak. She can be quite intimidating upon first appearances, but is just as fun as any of the men you could find. She loves drinking and can hold her own against men twice her size; something she’s very proud of. She has quite a short temper and her emotions can usually be read from her face and body language like an open book.Marcella is never afraid of a challenge, causing her to be quite reckless and headstrong when she should sit back and look at the bigger picture; she’s not particularly good at considering all of her options, instead, she just goes for the easiest, most violent choice. Although she enjoys a good fight, friendly or otherwise, she wasn’t brought up a fighter and can sometimes be clumsy and has bad technique most of the time. She finds taking orders quite hard as she spent most of her life doing so; it simply doesn’t sit right with her and brings back harsh memories.

Equipment: Her weapon of choice would be a Roman short sword along with a small rounded shield for her protection. She wears simple cloth and light leather clothing as it’s what she’s used to and what she feels comfortable in, but would gear up a little more when going into battle. She also wears a pair of beige anklets that are made up of beads and strings.

Skills: Marcella is extremely talented with her tongue among other things. She is good at insulting people and getting under their skin as well as persuading and manipulating others into doing what she wants via words. She’s also quite a good distraction, though not always as bait for ambushes as she has little patience. She is quite skilled in hand to hand combat as well as close combat having gotten used to her short sword. Although she is a woman, she is quite strong physically and has a great amount of will power; she will never back down. She is also an experienced hunter but her lack of patience only feeds her lack of motivation; she hunter more for her fathers memory than for the love of it.

Backstory: Marcella was born in a small village on the outskirts of Rome to a native father and mother who had been together since they were children. The two were happily in love and had quite a stable life in a fairly lavish home; they were almost considered nobles around that area. Her father was one of the main hunters for the village and enjoys his work while his mother tended to the children pretty much all of her life. Marcella and her two older brothers were very much cared for and they managed to pick up a few trades from their parents; their mother taught them about literature and history and things to do with house keeping for when they grew up while their father taught them to defend themselves and hunt for game. Being brought up around her brothers she was treated no different and it has somewhat effected her personality to the present day. She never enjoyed spending time with the girls; apparently she was always too rough with them and their parents didn't like having her around their precious daughters.

A few months after she had become a woman, her village was pillaged by Roman soldiers who were returning from some sort of battle and her mother was raped and beaten while her father and her children were forced to watch. They took them all, loading the family into a wagon to take them to Rome. She remembered one man saying what a 'catch' they were and that they would sell well on the slave market. Once they'd reached the capitol, Marcella and her mother were sold to a slave market while her father and brothers were sent to train as Gladiators; it was the last she saw of the men of her family when her and her mother were released to their new 'home.' Marcella remembered watching the wagon drifting down the pathway away from them, further into the city. The years at the slave market were long and hard and they were put through many tasks while 'learning' there. Her and her mother were split up when they were sold to different Roman houses to serve as servants to their owners. That was the last she saw of her mother. Marcella wasn't obedient, that was for sure and she managed to cause more trouble than she was worth; it wasn't rare that she would receive beatings or other such punishments. When they had decided they'd have enough of her attitude, they sold her off to a contact who had recently visited them from Gaul who had expressed a fondness for her. It was along the road that her wagon was raided by desperate bandits and she managed to escape with her life.

Just wanted tor throw her up for now. Hope she's alright for the moment and any feedback would be appreciated. (:

-xSRx

Sexy Firefly

With the wife and Favored slave of the Legatus in the followers camp this might get a dicey!!!! Ha ha Unless the wife doesn't know he brought Kharis with.

Viper

Im sure Cyra would have full knowledge of Kharis...but maybe kind of....pissed...if she sneaks in to have a romp with Legatus...only to find him in bed with his slave. *smiles and winks*

Primarch

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 08, 2013, 01:39:36 PM
Im sure Cyra would have full knowledge of Kharis...but maybe kind of....pissed...if she sneaks in to have a romp with Legatus...only to find him in bed with his slave. *smiles and winks*

That would probably get on ones nerves alright.

RubySlippers

Well you can hire my madam and harlot to be in bed when he shows up in your chambers, wait that he might not mind so much.  :D

Sexy Firefly

Well I realize in normal settings she would since Kharis is her slave as well in the home...I just didn't know if she realized he had taken her with him....

Besides that could cause for some great confrontation walking in on Kharis in bed with her husband...although not uncommon. *Wink*

Viper

Well, the way I made Cyra, is that she is very much in control of her villa at all times. So she would notice her husbands body slave missing at the same time as he went to war. What would probably piss her off the most is that he took his whore to his tent...when he wouldnt even invite her there himself.

Just my thoughts...

Sexy Firefly

Excellent Beginning!! Ha ha I have a feeling my Slave and mistress will not be getting along...I am so ready for this!!

Viper

Sexy Firefly

bubby

Everyone go ahead and post your chars in the newly made character thread! Primarch should be also making an OOC, and tomorrow, we will be getting the IC up!

Madriv

Character App:

Name: Bestiarius or just Beast
Position Rebel leader, former gladiator & bestiarius
Nationality: Germanic

Appearance:

(Robbie Gambrell)

Personality: Quiet and patient, slow to anger, oddly concerned for the welfare of animals - especially the hideous bull mastiff that follows him everywhere.

Equipment: A pair of worn siccae, with sheaths and belt; leather scaled greaves & leg wraps; a plain linen tunic and cloak; a long leather whip, kept coiled in his satchel along with oil and a small whetstone; a leather shepherd's sling is usually twined around his neck.

Skills: Deadly with short swords, knives, spears, and a well-aimed rock; expert at close-combat fighting; fighting large beasts; beast taming; basic riding skills; small-game hunting

Backstory: He was born into slavery on the country estate of a respected military family. His mother gave him a name in her native tongue but he has never shared it with anyone. He was raised as a stable and kennel slave but his bright gold hair eventually caught the eye of his owner's wife and he was transferred to the villa as a house slave.

Not long after coming of age, the boy caught more than the domina's eye. Their indiscretions were met with hostility by his owner, who condemned the boy to be eaten by dogs in the arena as entertainment for festival crowds (damnatio ad bestias). The boy surprised the audience by winning over the spirit of the fiercest dog, who then destroyed all the others. He was snapped up by the owner of a lesser bestiariorum in Rome.

Renamed Aureus, the boy trained as one of hundreds of bestiarii in the great city. He graduated from dogs to more exotic wild beasts and performed well in the games. In fact he was so good at staying alive that when his master lost a bet to a ludus in Aquincum Aureus was worth enough to trade off the debt. Under the careful instruction of the dominus he became a successful retiarius and, after several more seasons, an excellent dimachaerus, showing more flair and viciousness in his battles with men than he ever did fighting beasts.

He and several other members of his ludus were en route to Capua for the games when rebels fell on their caravan and freed them. Joining the ragged band of freed slaves, Aureus fought with them in multiple clashes with soldiers and mercenaries as they made their way towards the rumored legions of freemen leading the rebellion. Along the way his brothers fell to sword and arrow, leaving no one who recalled his slave name. When asked, he will reply that he is no longer a named slave, only a free Beast.

bubby

MAD! He's in. I very much like the idea that he's a calmer Leader then our two ladies. Transfer him to the char sheet when you can! OOC is up as well.

Viper

*bites her tongue*.....0.0.......

DAMN!...........-.-......0.0.....-.-.........0.0.....

hes hotttttttttttttttttt!

Primarch

Karia, would you mind removing the second part of your post in the character thread? Its really just for characters the characters themselves. Its up on this thread and I can add something to the 'wanted list' in the OP if you like.

Viper

on it!!!! *runs off to go fix stuffs*

xPeachyPuff

Nice character, Madmartigan.

Also updated my Rebel character and added a backstory for her. Let me know if she's alright and I'll post her in the character thread. (:

-xSRx

Viper

No need for anything to be put in the OP...i think i may have found what i am looking for....

*shoots a hopeful glance at the sexy leader with whom had just joined us...*

Viper

So do we know where we are thinking about starting off? :)

bubby

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 08, 2013, 03:26:33 PM
Nice character, Madmartigan.

Also updated my Rebel character and added a backstory for her. Let me know if she's alright and I'll post her in the character thread. (:

-xSRx

Besides the pic not working she's fine Snorkle.

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 08, 2013, 03:37:37 PM
So do we know where we are thinking about starting off? :)

Anyone can start wherever you wish. PMing is your friend!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2013, 03:44:58 PM
Besides the pic not working she's fine Snorkle.

Ah, really? I thought I sorted that. I'll have another look, sorry xD

EDIT: Fixed it. Hope that's better, it's working fine for me at the moment.

-xSRx

Viper

Snorkle, if you have a photobucket, go and upload it there and use that direct link. thats what i had to do cause mine wouldnt work.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 08, 2013, 03:47:23 PM
Snorkle, if you have a photobucket, go and upload it there and use that direct link. thats what i had to do cause mine wouldnt work.

Thanks for the advice (: I might have to get one at some point > < I think it's working now though, so hopefully all should be fine. Also, I like the picture you used for your character, Karia (:

-xSRx

bubby

Snorkle... darlin... if you want to use the lady in the image, you're going to need to crop that car and background out. Completely.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2013, 03:52:39 PM
Snorkle... darlin... if you want to use the lady in the image, you're going to need to crop that car and background out. Completely.

What....That isn't what's showing on my PC :/ I'll open a photo bucket account and try doing it again after I upload it there :/ Duno what's going on right now. lol. Sorry about this D:

-xSRx

bubby

Lol! Okay, that makes more sense then. I was like O_o " but we're playing Gladiators...".. LOL!

kckolbe

So will Cyra be with the Romans or captured by the rebels pretty much from the beginning?  Right now we are really lacking on Roman women (2) but have 4 Roman men.

Intro Thread

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Lol! Okay, that makes more sense then. I was like O_o " but we're playing Gladiators...".. LOL!

Ikr ;-; I don't know what the hell is going on. I've edited again and hopefully this time it'll show properly ;-;

-xSRx

bubby

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 08, 2013, 04:02:29 PM
Ikr ;-; I don't know what the hell is going on. I've edited again and hopefully this time it'll show properly ;-;

-xSRx

Perfect!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2013, 04:05:55 PM
Perfect!

Hooray! For gods sake, that was so much more hassle then it needed to be D; -Sigh of relief-

-xSRx

Rex Pacis

Im actually rather interested in this myself. 

If you need another male rebel I was thinking of making a Roman soldier turned Rebel sympathizer, if it makes any logical sense. Still working out the details in my head and probably have to do some research but I figured it would be easy to get lost amongst 50,000 people. I wanted him to keep his Roman citizenship but would no longer stand for the republic. Could be a double agent for the rebels or someone they use for his Roman status at some point. Though it would take quite some convincing to get him to go back.

Edit: On a side note...the second post on page one...any wonder why no one told Nasir to get his war face on?

Spartacus is all....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

xD

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

kckolbe

Between the high m/f ratio (which is only getting higher) and multiple communication problems, I am going to withdraw.

Intro Thread

Viper

AWWW dont go!!! We need all of our men!!! *makes puppy eyes at kckolbe*

kckolbe

Last I saw there were 4 men and two women on the roman side.  Your char would make it number three, but from what you wrote, you plan on having her spend more of her time as a slave to the rebels.

Also, if you want to make a player feel wanted, try not to publicly swoon over other characters.

Intro Thread

Viper

My dear, the first maybe third to half of this group role play would have my character in the Roman Followers camp. The main basis of my character is the fact that she is roman. She will also be doing some reconnisense for the romans once she is captured by the rebels. So there would still be more opportunities to be saved and other such.

Just because I swoon over one character or another Kckolbe does not mean I want to make you feel unwanted. Im deeply sorry if I made you upset, but truthfully, I joined the group roleplay because I enjoyed all the character sheets that I had read upon looking at the thread.

Once again..im really sorry if I upset you...

bubby

Quote from: Rex Pacis on February 09, 2013, 05:54:54 AM
Im actually rather interested in this myself. 

If you need another male rebel I was thinking of making a Roman soldier turned Rebel sympathizer, if it makes any logical sense. Still working out the details in my head and probably have to do some research but I figured it would be easy to get lost amongst 50,000 people. I wanted him to keep his Roman citizenship but would no longer stand for the republic. Could be a double agent for the rebels or someone they use for his Roman status at some point. Though it would take quite some convincing to get him to go back.

Edit: On a side note...the second post on page one...any wonder why no one told Nasir to get his war face on?

Spartacus is all....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

xD

Yay for a spy! I like the idea. LOVE THE WAR FACE!

Sexy Firefly

So are we starting on campaign......or before while preparations are being done in Rome?

bubby

Quote from: kckolbe on February 09, 2013, 08:19:42 AM
Last I saw there were 4 men and two women on the roman side.  Your char would make it number three, but from what you wrote, you plan on having her spend more of her time as a slave to the rebels.

Also, if you want to make a player feel wanted, try not to publicly swoon over other characters.

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 09, 2013, 08:34:31 AM
My dear, the first maybe third to half of this group role play would have my character in the Roman Followers camp. The main basis of my character is the fact that she is roman. She will also be doing some reconnisense for the romans once she is captured by the rebels. So there would still be more opportunities to be saved and other such.

Just because I swoon over one character or another Kckolbe does not mean I want to make you feel unwanted. Im deeply sorry if I made you upset, but truthfully, I joined the group roleplay because I enjoyed all the character sheets that I had read upon looking at the thread.

Once again..im really sorry if I upset you...

GM NOTICE

Not everyone will get along. Not everyone will want to interact with every char. THEY DO NOT NEED TO NOR ARE OBLIGATED TO. Kckolbe, your comment was uncalled for. With that being said, if you want to exit the game because you feel slighted in some manner, we of course will not stop you. We would like for you to stay, but I won't deal with any sort of OOC drama.

ALSO: Let's go ahead and move things over to the game OOC gang, and leave this thread for potential players! Don't want to fill it up too much!

kckolbe

I am leaving the game, yes.  I did not threaten to.  I stated that I was leaving.  My comments were entirely valid.  You are the one who made unnecessary comments, "flaming" me after I left.  I have been very discreet with problems throughout this process, having PMed you, Primarch and RubySlippers over past concerns.

Upon deciding to leave, I listed the reasons for my departure, targeting no one in particular.  When Karia attempted to publicly guilt me into staying (which was also uncalled for), you said nothing to her, and I responded accordingly.

Again, I am leaving.  If you wish to discuss any of these issues further, I request that it be done in PMs with an admin ccd.

Intro Thread

bubby

IC threads are up! The game is now official. ROMANS NEEDED, MALE AND FEMALE!

RubySlippers

bubby

Viper

bubby

bubby

ebpohmr

Should totally have made a Roman... Although after watching Life of Brian recently, I'd be far too tempted to try and call him Biggus Dickus...

Imogen

I'm interested in playing Tigurius son if that character is still free?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Viper

Yes! please come join us! Tigurius's son's slot is still open!

ebpohmr

Quote from: KariaShinzou on February 17, 2013, 07:43:22 AM
Tigurius's son's slot

There's a part of me that feels a little sorry for the female slave who is so dehumanised that THAT is how she is referred to... Or was it not an euphemism? *looks innocent*

Viper

Oh haha, very funny. Picking on my way of writing now are yeh? Them's be fighting words yeh know!

*smiles* just kidding ^.^

Vassus

OK, I commented a while ago, and I'm back! I'm either considering making my own character, or filling in for the needed role of "Son of Tigurius", unless someone is already working on that, and I missed it. Any specifications on that point?
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Imogen

I'm currently working on a char sheet for the son's role, but if you were first, Vassus, I apologize. I didn't mean to steal your char :-) By all means, go for it.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

bubby

Just in case people are wondering, it's been a bit of a slow start, but we're still going!

Madriv

Any chance of rebooting the Roman camp? I could drag Lucius over -from elsewhere-  and let him win friends, er,  make a shitload of enemies  serve the Empire in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

Kristen

I'm enjoying this show much more than I thought I would lol...

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to discuss potentially creating a character (Roman needed apparently) :-P

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

bubby

Quote from: Madmartigan on February 21, 2013, 02:02:54 PM
Any chance of rebooting the Roman camp? I could drag Lucius over -from elsewhere-  and let him win friends, er,  make a shitload of enemies  serve the Empire in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

Primarch has actually vbrought that to my attention, and I think it's what he has planned babe. I say have at it!

Quote from: Kristen on February 21, 2013, 02:04:51 PM
I'm enjoying this show much more than I thought I would lol...

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to discuss potentially creating a character (Roman needed apparently) :-P

- Kristen -

Yes and yes!

Kristen

I'll admit I haven't read all pages yet but I'm thinking of playing a Marc Antony character that could transfer over haha. Since Starz has taken liberties with totally butchering my historic view of Caesar, I can allot myself the privilege of playing with Marc Antony and provide some redemption perhaps lol.

I mean really... If Caesar's not yet on his campaign then I see absolutely no problem with Marc Antony not yet being otherwise engaged ;-)

But do let me know if you guys would prefer not haha. For all I know... maybe someone else is already playing Marc Antony. I have no idea. (In some ways... Marc Antony could be considered relatively young at this stage. Still... fun fun fun :-s

- Kristen -

bubby

Quote from: Kristen on February 21, 2013, 03:23:39 PM
I'll admit I haven't read all pages yet but I'm thinking of playing a Marc Antony character that could transfer over haha. Since Starz has taken liberties with totally butchering my historic view of Caesar, I can allot myself the privilege of playing with Marc Antony and provide some redemption perhaps lol.

I mean really... If Caesar's not yet on his campaign then I see absolutely no problem with Marc Antony not yet being otherwise engaged ;-)

But do let me know if you guys would prefer not haha. For all I know... maybe someone else is already playing Marc Antony. I have no idea. (In some ways... Marc Antony could be considered relatively young at this stage. Still... fun fun fun :-s

- Kristen -

As long as you remember that all the chars in this game are OC's, basing your char off your particular view of Marc Antony would be fine! The only thing we're sticking to show wise is the actual setting and slight timeline, as we thought it gave us a good basis for a story line beginning.

I'm not worrying about us being sticklers on actual history. This RP is meant to be fun, not historically accurate!  ;)  ;D

Kristen

Alright... here's a first attempt hehe.

Name: Mark Antony

Faction: Romans

Position Head of his Cavalry division.

Nationality: Central Roman

Appearance:

Personality: Mark Antony is young, cocky, confident and legitimately has a strong sense of superiority over those he views to be beneath the heal of Rome. He does have a strong disdain for 'men in white cloaks' or the 'senators' of Rome who he views to be Rome's largest liability despite also being it's greatest asset. It's what the people want... and thus they must have it as a Rome without Governance just won't do. That being said... he is not one to keenly enjoy the company of a a handful of senators nearly as much as he would enjoy a dining session with a handful of his own cavalry units.

Mark Antony is outspoken, but rather defiant. He is one to use alot of sarcasm and flash in the way he communicates with others.

Equipment: Typical Roman gear. As he is a cavalry unit, he generally carries his shield with the force's roaming equipment. He'd much sooner ride without it to be honest. Still... policy is policy and one never knows when their horse will be struck down, ne? 

Skills: Mark Antony has received exceptional standing as an officer of elite cavalry, though his initial training had been in infantry. Mark Antony's greatest skill is the ability to motivate his fellow soldiers. It is a trait that inevitably leads him to become extremely impressed with another such inspirational figure who need not be named in the near future. Romans were typically shorter men than their adversaries. Everything about their training was conditioned not to promote individual excellence, but rather cohesiveness of a unit.

Roman soldiers often clustered together forming structured advances with their shields and striking, poking with their upward arched swords like teeth. Much like their Greek adversaries who loved to use the 'Phalanx' system which included a wall of spears, up to 5 layers of spear-heads held outright while marching forward (The goal was to form a pin-cushion type advance. They would literally mow down enemies who stood in front of them.) Romans counted on structure and planned formations. Romans held more impressive shields... heavier... larger in mass. They worked as a unit to invite charges from vastly outnumbering enemies to strike against their walls of shields, and then through small gaps, they would slice outward with their blades at will.

Such tactics allowed the Romans to devastate rebellious tribes composed of much taller and more 'formidable' men who outnumbered them greatly. In close quarters, Romans were trained to teach their adversaries the very same lesson the Greeks felt compelled to teach the Persians. Despite this technique ensuring that the Romans often killed north of 6-10 rebellious tribal soldiers for every 1 Roman who was killed or wounded (in most cases)... the Romans did not have much success in trapping their enemies. In order to make themselves defensible and ensure they could kill large numbers of enemies who attacked them, the Romans did not focus on spreading their forces unless they had a huge advantage in numbers.

Roman victories were often announced by the retreat of adversaries and not the systemic killing of thousands of 'trapped' soldiers. Rome, like the Greeks when facing greater odds compacted their forces... used depth of formation to make themselves unbeatable by the larger force, then let the larger force crash on them in wave after wave of flesh and bone. These were called 'battle pulses'. Two sides lined up... when neither side moved, eventually the attackers were forced to charge.

Charging resulted in crashing against a wall of Roman shields that would not move... the sheer mass of bodies piled in against those shields trying to force the Romans back or overpower their structure resulted in a stalemate. When the typically larger Roman shields held... like teeth... the small Roman blades would seep out from the small barely noticeable gaps between the shields. They would strike, slice, poke and tear at the flesh of those pressed against them. Confusion was a result and eventually... the overall mass of bodies pressed against the Roman wall had to take several steps back and prepare for another charge.

The Romans would wait... use their system to make every enemy charge cost them more and more lives. Eventually... every time a charge ended and they had to back up again... the number of wounded that couldn't withdraw grew. Soon there would be large numbers of crying, begging, pleading rebel forces pleading to be allowed to die or begging that someone come and take them back for medical attention. As with the Greeks and Persians... often times the outnumbering rebels would have to send in soldiers to clear the dead and dying out of the way just so that they could try to charge again.

So skill... discipline. Mark Antony is trained in the way of war. His personal skill is a result of competitive spirit and no bloodlust whatsoever. He is great with his sword and shield... but he is naturally born to ride on his horse and lead the bulky Roman Cavalry squad into certain parts of combat. He is an expert huntsman.

Backstory: For this I can take some time to come up with something but I am considering a little younger Antony, just prior to working with Caesar. I would have him lead a division of cavalry and not be a 2nd in command for any large unit of men etc. While he is fully capable of fighting in an infantry line if necessary... Mark Antony has made a name for himself with his expert use of his cavalry division.

Cavalry is not something Rome generally specialized in. Generally they used light Cavalry as policing forces. It was only when meeting enemies in the far east that heavy Cavalry were seen in action. Large Cataphracts... heavily armored horses that matched the heavily armored men wearing them... traveling by number of more than a hundred in a group... this was an impact charge. This was something Rome had not seen... and had been devastated by in many battles.

Mark Antony... a stern student of Cavalry warfare has quickly made a name for himself by turning the tide of almost every battle he's involved in. Much like Alexander the great, Mark Antony refuses to get stuck in to a large battle. He uses his cavalry to examine the battlefield... charge... fall back... examine again... find another point, one where the enemy infantry are thinned out and vulnerable... then charge again. Often... a single series of charges is enough to turn the entire tide of a battle. One group of men turning to flee in panic often results in mass panic.

Mark Antony is proud of an astonishing statistic. In almost every battle... more men are killed in the fleeing stage than on the fighting stage. Oh yes... There is a very thin line between a tactical withdrawal, and an all out retreat. In an all out retreat, structure goes out the window. The army that is retreating is now composed of every man trying to get away from the enemy. At times like this, an enemy's charge after them results in killing more and more men without really having to worry about losing any of their own (Unless you're unlucky enough to trip or run into someone who is fleeing and somehow luckily catches you off guard).

Mark Antony is known for being the dagger that starts the slow poison. After he charges... there's panic. Panic leads to a route... and the route leads to every man for himself while the Roman line breaks to pursue and Mark Antony himself with his cavalry also continue to ride down those fleeing on foot. At this point... killing the retreating army is all too easy... in order to gain speed, they drop their shields, they drop their spears. It's no longer about protection, it's about fleeing. Without a structured defense... there's nothing to stop the wounded, winded or otherwise tired from being picked off in the run. The discipline folds up and without everyone working together to keep a line in place, a few men here or there standing to fight will simply be bulldozed given that everyone else has fleeing on the mind.

And of course... the more people that fall to this charge... the more panic is instilled. The more speed is amplified. Get the hell out of here. There is yelling, screaming... frustration... but there is no signal that can be given to make everyone turn around at once and catch the chasing army by surprise (unless this is part of a pre-made plan all along).

In addition to battles themselves... Mark Antony and his cavalry are often recruited to track down runaway slaves of high note. They provide escort services for high ranking individuals and hunt down whatever targets are presented to them for a bounty should they choose to accept it.

Kristen

Quote from: bubby on February 21, 2013, 03:38:57 PM
As long as you remember that all the chars in this game are OC's, basing your char off your particular view of Marc Antony would be fine! The only thing we're sticking to show wise is the actual setting and slight timeline, as we thought it gave us a good basis for a story line beginning.

I'm not worrying about us being sticklers on actual history. This RP is meant to be fun, not historically accurate!  ;)  ;D

Sorry... I was doing up my char sheet while this was posted. If you want, I can change his name. What I did was really just reshape him based on what I think Mark Antony would be like at this particular time frame in the story haha.

Similarly... alot of Mark Antony's history fits real well with this type of story I think. Alot of people mocked Mark Antony's battle (with Cleopatra's navy as he faced off against Caesar's nephew Octavian on the sea) as a 'cavalry' charge. Like a cavalry charge, he ordered his ship to sail forward, he sent the signal that Cleopatra's ships were to follow him and charge into the lines of Rome's ships (Under Octavian) as though he were leading men on horseback.

Of course, his ship was faster than the others, he ended up getting much closer to Octavian's ships much sooner than the rest of Cleopatra's ships could. Octavian... a bit more of an intellectual simply had his ships re-position themselves, turn about and adjust their weaponry and they were simply able to bombard Antony's vessels with astonishing ease lol. Egypt sunk (haha... wow pun not intended) a fortune into creating this navy and Octavian dismantled it within hours.

I also wonder if in this type of RP... Mark Antony 'the hunter' or 'slave tracker' might make more sense as a fitting role for what you guys have in mind. I'm sure there may be battles and such, but in terms of side stories or separate events occurring, he might make more sense as a hunter looking to profit from bounty offerings with his exceptional cavalry veterans than simply saying he's leading 'thousands of men' that are going to fight every so many posts hehe.

Let me know what you think. If there are any changes needed, I think you know I'm flexible hehe...

- Kristen -

bubby

First, I would say yes indeed, change the name darlin'. Remember, Original characters.

As for the rest, I'll leave it up to the Big Boss Primarch, especially since he's generally the kahuna of the Roman side.

Primarch

Well I'm using James Purefoy as my Legatus, that would be a problem.

bubby

Oops. LOL!

They can be long lost twins?  ::)

I kid!

Kristen

Quote from: Primarch on February 21, 2013, 04:17:57 PM
Well I'm using James Purefoy as my Legatus, that would be a problem.

Aaah hehe... I guess the photo loaded a little slower. Does that sometimes on this computer. I scanned through the 7 pages for photos to make sure I didn't see him already in use lol. I really should wait a few more seconds before scrolling down.

That's no problem. I can find another model for it. I'll change name and see if anyone is using the older 'Octavian'...

Well... that was embarrassing haha. Anything in the backstory or skill set that you would find out of place?

- Kristen -

Kristen

Octavian Quote of the day!

QuoteYou should know that when we are married, I shall on occasion beat you. With my hand... A light whip... When I do so you must not think you have offended me. I do it because it gives me sexual pleasure. So remember that and don't be upset.

Hehe... Oh good... I'm glad he went through the process of clearing that up. Things could have been... confusing. I see him as the ideal slave owner now hehe.  >:)

- Kristen -

Odanrav

The group seems to be struggling some out of the gate, but figured I'd throw a character into the mix since I've been working on it. Anyway, I hope he's found acceptable and I would appreciate any feedback or other advise anyone wants to offer about his background, or how  he may fit into the story.

Name: Drestus the Bloodthirsty

Faction: Rebels

Position High ranking lieutenant and self appointed torturer/executioner (if that’s ok with the leaders, I‘ll make him whatever is needed really)

Nationality: Born in the Italian countryside to a Celtic slave mother and unknown father.

Appearance: 6’0” and 180 lbs. of  lean, trained, and powerful muscle. His figure may look somewhat “lanky” because of a long wingspan, but has very natural strength, especially striking power and impressive balance and coordination.

Personality: Many might think of Drestus as unstable, dangerous, and on the edge of sanity. He however thinks himself completely sane, showing a innate ability to switch between a well spoken individual seemingly capable of reason to a blood lusting animal doing many deeds even the most wicked of men would be wary of. He possesses a quick witted tongue, and understanding of military stratagem and philosophical thinking. A disconcerting overlay to the cold hearted beast who yearns for blood and death in his heart.

Equipment: He carries two gladii nestled on each hip, and in times when he knows he’s going into combat (or to torture prisoners) he dawns his notorious spiked leather cestuses on each hand, blood stained from the deaths of dozens of unfortunate opponents. In most cases he wears Murmillo styled armor, excluding the helm which he believes is only an impairment to sight and movement.

Skills: Early on in his official training once he’d become old enough Drestus took an affinity to the Dimachaerus, or duel weilding, gladiator fighting style. He loved the feeling of having deadly tools in both hands and he excelled in their precise use. Eventually however, he bored of easily defeating the poultry competition his small ludus offered him and decided to take up a second style. He chose to take up the spiked cestus as a secondary weapon, and would stay out in the training courtyard after the rest of the slaves had been allowed to rest for the remainder of the day and continue training, sometimes till after dark. Drestus loved the brutality associated with the cestus, as well as the intimidation factor. He reached a point of excelling in their bloody use and even integrating them into his normal Dimachaerus style and getting used to holding a gladius in a cestus weilding hand, so that even if he were somehow disarmed he would stay deadly.

Backstory: Drestus was born in a ludus to one of the whores of the house, a Celtic slave, and a father of unknown origin. Drestus always suspected it may have been the Dominus of the house himself, but had no proof and it was just as likely to be another slave or some other random Roman who’d used his whore mother. All in all however, he never truly cared about his parentage, shifting his focus entirely to training and becoming a gladiator after his mother died of fever when he was only nine.

Drestus was bathed in blood and battle from childhood. Thus producing the fearsome warrior he became. His ludus was very small and located several miles south of the city of Capua. His dominus was of low station and despite Drestus’s ability it was rare for him to procure a match in games, often times having to travel far away to join lesser games. Over the course of his rare competitions Drestus proved to be more and more dominant as he gained experience and confidence after each easy victory. His combination of agility, precision, and a sadistically brutal streak were too much for the riff raff he was forced to face.

In recent years, fate became kinder to him as his stock in games and popularity began to meteorically rise. His dreams of glory in the arena were becoming a reality. His dominus saw Drestus as his only viable asset to legitimize his ludus, and began advertising him as so in major cities such as Capua and Croton among others of his finest gladiator’s ability. Going so far as fabricating his own legend and applying the title of “The Bloodthirsty Celt” or simply “Bloodthirsty” to his name in an attempt to pique interest. One such Roman aristocrat contested such claims, and in return the dominus boasted Drestus could defeat the finest gladiator the small coastal town in which the games were taking place without using a gladius or other proper weapon. His boast was scoffed at, but eventually accepted.

A month later, Drestus arrived and walked into the small arena armed with only his cestuses. During the bout Drestus experienced the sensation of having his own blood spilled for the first time during official contest, but would go on to win in brutally famous fashion. He won by first disarming his Murmillo oppenent of sword and shield, pinning the poor soul to the ground, and then proceeding to beat the man do death. By the end, what used to be  the gladiator’s face was nothing but a crushed mess of brains and skull.

The first step on Drestus’s road to glory and fame had been taken. In the ensuing months Drestus’s activity in games greatly shot up, as his dominus placed him in every competition he could manage. So much so talk was beginning to rise at the possibility of Drestus taking on a larger role in the games of nearby Capua and facing some of the most prestigious gladiator’s the city had to offer. However it never came to be. Soon after, Spartacus and his lot rebelled against Batiatus and fled from Roman occupation. Not but a few days later the small band of rebels descended onto Drestus’s remote ludus under cover of night and liberated it.

Notably, Drestus did not join the fight when his fellow slaves were freed and given weapons to help finish off the rest of the guards and stood idly. Afterwards, when the fighting was done Drestus, being recognized as the finest gladiator there, was offered the chance to off his former dominus. After hesitation Drestus removed his head.

Since then, Drestus has served the rebel cause, though has never been noted as being the most zealous follower of it. And has possibly been one of the more outspoken rebel gladiators in his belief that to face Rome’s might is a futile effort, and assures death. Despite his doubts, he still find enjoyment in the fighting. Particularly after the battles are over. He’s taken a liking to claiming captured Roman soldiers and civilians and “interrogating” them in his own unique and bloody ways. He does so partially to find out if there are any leaders among Romans yet alive of any worth that might be used for bargaining, and he also does it because he simply enjoys it. Most recently after the fall of Sinuessa, Drestus took up residence in the former main Roman barracks of the city and retrofitted it into a prison to hold captured Romans suspected of any worth, and torture them one by one.

bubby

Bron

Have need of a tactician on the Roman side? I have a bit of experience with the legioneering and I'm a huge fan of the show.

bubby

Quote from: Bron on February 25, 2013, 06:30:44 AM
Have need of a tactician on the Roman side? I have a bit of experience with the legioneering and I'm a huge fan of the show.

I would PM your idea to Primarch, Bron. He's the main GM, and he's basically got the Roman side.