Salem Institute Of Magic (Potterverse! Always Accepting! LGBTQA Friendly!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, August 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

*poke the thread... then grabs and shakes to see if she can shake loose some connections for her Simone and Tasha* >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

Once I get the wellness to get my sheeets done.. I'll have my Girlies and Chase up.. Maybe we can try connections then Koka?

Josi's Works in Progress
Quote from: Josietta on August 25, 2014, 12:37:16 PM
*bounces around as she works on her characters*

Chase

Chase is a fifth year. He's a half blood. His family would have money but isn't filthy rich. He'd be more like upper middle class, in modern real life he'd be a lot like a boarding school boy whose parents are divorced. He hates his step-bitch (mother) and his father is a hardass Marine.  His mom is a pureblood whore who discreetly and sometimes not so discreetly marries older wizards only for their money then moves on to the next when he dies. She doesn't contact Chase except when she wants something and he has issues telling her no. He is an only child to his parents. His father has 2 other children, much younger twin girls. He also has his dick of a step brother that his mother had with a Pureblood ass she married a couple years ago.

What I need from you all is maybe some connections? Friends? GF? BFF? Enemies? Rivals? Exes?  A family to put him into? Right now he only has a first name and is classified as half blood.

Sooo anyone wanna connect or hook up or something?  PM me or reply here and we'll take it to PMs after?

Blood: Half Blood
House: Andover
Year: 5th Year
Face: Joey Scarpellino

Colette Rosier

Personality:
  • Studious - Colette loves to read and is very serious about her studies.
  • Stubborn - Colette has her beliefs and tends to stick to them to a fault. She isn't willing to bend for many and often puts up a fight on anything she doesn't believe in.
  • Shy - She can be shy around new people and often prefers to stay out of the spotlight. She is often seen as a wallflower of sorts but will step forward when required to do so.
  • Friendly - She is often kind to others but doesn't have close friends who her family would deem unworthy.
  • Willful - Colette has a strong sense of will and won't allow herself to fail in anything she does.

Likes: Books (romance smut novels secretly), Old Black and White films, Audrey Hepburn, Daisies
Dislikes: Coffee, Loud Noises, Being Late, Strong Perfumes, Pushy/Bossy people
Fears: Dark Enclosed Places
Favorite Animal(s): Cats and Unicorns
Favorite Color(s): Blue, Black, and deep jewel tones

Blood: Pureblood
House: Ipswich
Year: 3rd Year
Face: Gabriella Wilde

and my sweet little country girl who isn't completely fleshed yet

Blood: Magicborne or muggleborn (not sure yet)
House: Ipswich
Year: Fourth Year
Face: Taylor Swift

(Hopefully Lunar will be making either her brother or Chase's brother)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kokaine

Of course, luv. I recall us having mentioned something about your Chase and Tasha having potentially had a fling or something previously. But whenever you're feeling up to it we can certainly hash out some connections ^^

*fluffs the Josi's pillows so she can rest up* <3
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kokaine on September 02, 2014, 12:40:57 AM
Of course, luv. I recall us having mentioned something about your Chase and Tasha having potentially had a fling or something previously. But whenever you're feeling up to it we can certainly hash out some connections ^^

*fluffs the Josi's pillows so she can rest up* <3

Pretty sure those pillows have nothing to do with Josie resting. Just saying. >.> *cough*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DarkAngel111

*Safely tucks it away in a corner*
work in progress
Character's Name: Sean Galvan.
Nickname: Kat, Rina, Native American Name:
Character's Birthdate and Age: 20th June 1986
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American:
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.

Position at Salem: Transfiguration Professor

Magical School attended:Hogwarts.
House/House alumni: Gryffindor.
Fraternity/Sorority alumni: -
Wand: Phoenix Core, Yew 9 ½ inches. Flexible with exotic and delicate carvings along the length.
Totem: -
Patronus:
Boggart:
Apparition License:Yes.
Special possessions:
Pet/Familiars: A Black owl. With beady yellow eyes, Color is black as night and is invisible during night time.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: black
Eyes: Green
Height: 6’2
Physical Description: He is a tall man with a highly Agile and flexible built. He is quick on his feet although has been able to use magic since a young age he prefers to do a lot of labor manually, making him highly athletic and fit.
Distinguishing Features: His Green Eyes are almost Catlike and stand out in dimly lit places.
Character Model: Alexis Pappas

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Focused: He has studied transfiguration since a young age and has a very focused mind that allows him to accomplish many things that wizards his age cannot achieve.
Mysterious: No one can get him to talk about what he likes or Does. It can get almost suspicious to an extent.

Determined: He likes to set a path and walk it. No matter what.

Competitive: He likes to engage. And challenges everyone or even finds himself competing.

Loyal: To a fault. He may not attach himself to someone, but he never gives up on people, even if it doesn’t come through emotionally.

Observant: Likes to watch people and events rather than interfering unless absolutely Necessary.

Work Ethics: He likes to see anyone in his charge to work at their best. Even if they don’t believe in themselves he believes in them. It’s his belief that there is a great wizard in every student that comes in his charge. He likes to Focus on work and when in Salem, He is always professional. Rarely does he act casually in public. In Private is another matter.

History:Born and raised in England Sean was always a closed off kid and was raised in with a muggle father and a muggle born witch his mother. He was raised in a very Muggle home, and although it was no surprise when he showed his magical abilities his father was nonetheless a little taken aback by what he had done to the dog.

Academic History: He was born in England and was sent to Hogwarts like an Average wizarding family. He was a good student and from a young age his first encounters with magic were also of the transformation nature He had transformed a dog running after him into a statue of one. Since then there was an interest he had developed with that line of magic. As such his Academics were more focused on Charms and Transfiguration. His interest with Dark arts and dueling was merely due to his competitive nature.

OWLs: Charms O, Transfiguration O, Herbology E, DADA o, Potions E, Divination E, History of Magic E,
NEWTs: HoM E, DADA O, Charms O, Transfiguration O, Herbology E, Potions E
Family:

Connections:

Fears & Phobias:
Worst Memory(ies): 
Best Memory(ies):
Favorite Animal(s):
O/O's:

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on September 02, 2014, 08:34:40 AM
work in progress

Wand: Phoenix Core, Yew 9 ½ inches. Flexible with exotic and delicate carvings along the length.
Patronus:
Boggart:
Special possessions:
Pet/Familiars: A Black owl. With beady yellow eyes, Color is black as night and is invisible during night time.

~APPEARANCE~

Physical Description: He is a tall man with a highly Agile and flexible built. He is quick on his feet although has been able to use magic since a young age he prefers to do a lot of labor manually, making him highly athletic and fit.
Distinguishing Features: His Green Eyes are almost Catlike and stand out in dimly lit places.

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Focused: He has studied transfiguration since a young age and has a very focused mind that allows him to accomplish many things that wizards his age cannot achieve.
Mysterious: No one can get him to talk about what he likes or Does. It can get almost suspicious to an extent.

Competitive: He likes to engage. And challenges everyone or even finds himself competing.

Loyal: To a fault. He may not attach himself to someone, but he never gives up on people, even if it doesn’t come through emotionally.

Observant: Likes to watch people and events rather than interfering unless absolutely Necessary.

Work Ethics: He likes to see anyone in his charge to work at their best. Even if they don’t believe in themselves he believes in them. It’s his belief that there is a great wizard in every student that comes in his charge. He likes to Focus on work and when in Salem, He is always professional. Rarely does he act casually in public. In Private is another matter.

History:Born and raised in England Sean was always a closed off kid and was raised in with a muggle father and a muggle born witch his mother. He was raised in a very Muggle home, and although it was no surprise when he showed his magical abilities his father was nonetheless a little taken aback by what he had done to the dog.

Academic History: He was born in England and was sent to Hogwarts like an Average wizarding family. He was a good student and from a young age his first encounters with magic were also of the transformation nature He had transformed a dog running after him into a statue of one. Since then there was an interest he had developed with that line of magic. As such his Academics were more focused on Charms and Transfiguration. His interest with Dark arts and dueling was merely due to his competitive nature.

OWLs: Charms O, Transfiguration O, Herbology E, DADA o, Potions E, Divination E, History of Magic E,
Family:

Connections:

Fears & Phobias:
Worst Memory(ies): 
Best Memory(ies):
Favorite Animal(s):
O/O's:

Unf.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Rel Mayer

I'm still working on this sheet, but this is everything I have done so far. I highlighted what I don't have finished in red, because I'm still sort of unsure how to do it. (It's been a bit since I've read the books.)

Under Construction

~BASICS~
Character's Name: Quinn Roux
Nickname: None
Character's Birthdate and Age: January 14th, 1992 (22)
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Mother is from France and Father is a muggle American. She holds strong roots within her French heritage.
Hometown: Lyons, France as a child, but she moved to Boston to be with her father a few years before she began attending Salem Institute of Magic.

Salem year: 6th Year? (Unsure about the age thing.)
House/House alumni: Danvers
Fraternity/Sorority: None?
Wand: Willow with Dragon Heartstring
Totem: (Unsure how to do this one.)
Patronus: A Raven
Boggart: Dying/Sickly Mother
Apparition License: Yes
Special possessions: None
Special skills: None

Pet/Familiar: Has a small calico cat named Molly.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'7''
Physical Description: Her hair is blonde but usually very messy. It mostly looks like she wakes up out of bed and doesn't even bother to brush her hair, apply make-up, or do anything that would waste her time. She always bathes and smells good, because it's one of the things that her mother taught her. When she's not wearing her school colors, she usually wears grays, blacks, and other colors that lack brightness. Her face is usually pretty expressionless and can often seem like she's rather cold to people around her. She definitely radiates the 'back off' vibe, just not by the way she dresses and acts, but by her body language.

Quinn is tall, thin, and lengthy. She doesn't really have the body of a supermodel, because she's sort of lacking in the breast area and doesn't really have a cushion big ass. She does have a feminine shape with the way her body curves into her flat stomach and then into her hips, but she doesn't really have a lot of cushion there to back it. She does have well defined warms and a bit of muscle on her legs, because she believes that physical fitness is very important in her life to prevent sickness. She dresses fairly plain and doesn't feel the need to impress anyone with her looks. Although, this doesn't bother Quinn in the slightest because she's never been one for looks, but more of one for intelligence and cunning.

Distinguishing Features: Has a few scars on her knees from when she was a child playing in the forest, but nothing other than that.
Character Model: Melanie Laurent

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Stubborn- If Quinn believes that something needs to be done a particular way, she will do everything in her power to make sure it goes down the way she wants it.
Loyal- She's loyal to her few friends and to her family. Other than that, she could care less about people. Especially indifferent toward muggles.
Hot-Tempered- Usually she can appear a bit indifferent to a lot of things, but there are a few things that get her blood boiling instantly.
Patient- Although she is stubborn and hot-tempered, she actually doesn't mind waiting for things.
Intelligent- She's very smart at particular subjects that she's interested in. She's indifferent toward muggles, so she doesn't do well in any sort of muggle study.
Anti-Social- She struggles making friends, because she can seem like she doesn't care about things most of the time.

History: (How did your character grow up? Where? How did they enjoy their childhood? How is their family life? Anything interesting happen to them? How did they first learn about magic?)

Quinn grew up in France with her mother. Her mother never spoke much of her father and Quinn basically assumed that he left her mother when she was pregnant, because she never knew the man. Still, she never wanted to know her father, because she loved her mother very much. Her mother was everything supportive to Quinn and she has very fond memories of her childhood. Most of her childhood was spent in Lyon, France where she spent most of her time in the small magical community that lived there. She had a few friends, but not too many. It could be why she struggles making friends now that she's exposed to so many different people. During her childhood, she learned many things and excelled in speaking English very well, and her mother always said it was because of her father. It brought up a few questions about her father during her teenage years and eventually she found out that her father was actually American and that he had been trying to be in contact with her for many years but Quinn's mother wanted nothing to do with him. Quinn never asked why, because her mother seemed rather hurt every time she brought it up. So, being the patient woman that she was, she let it go and went on with her life. Uninterested in her father because of her loyalties to her mother.

During her teenage years, Quinn's mother fell very ill with some random curse. Apparently her mother had been cursed when she was a young age and it was finally starting to begin. As Quinn began to question further into her mother's sickness, she found that her father was well aware of her mother's sickness and was trying to take Quinn away from her mother, in fear that the curse would pass to Quinn. Although her mother protested and screamed and Quinn wanted nothing more than to try and nurse her mother back to health, but eventually she had to give in and sent her mother off to a special care unit for witches and wizards in Europe. She was forced to go live with her father in Boston and she had a hard time adjusting to American customs until she enrolled in the Salem Institute of Magic.

Quinn was always exposed to magic at a young age, because her mother was a pureblod. She uses her mother's last name, Roux, and doesn't care enough to take on her father's last name, because he's a muggle and she cares little for them. Although the man was nothing but kind to her, she still acts very indifferent toward the man because he has no magical abilities. She enjoys being at the Institute of Magic, because it gives her an excuse to get away from her father and the muggle lifestyle. She resents him for not being magical and tainting her pureblood with his muggle status. During the summer, she tries to spend as much time away from Boston and tries to go visit her mother in the hospital in Europe. As time progresses, her mother's health isn't ever getting any better and it's one of the things that she constantly worries about.

Academic History: (What kind of student is your character? Hard working, diligent, slacking, carefree, ambitious, competitive, etc? Explain, and then list what grades you suggest for your character's OWL's (if a 1-3rd year) or OWL's and NEWT's (if a 4-7th year). Note that grades are subject to GM approval, so make sure to justify your suggestions realistically for the character.

Quinn is a good student. She's hard working in fields that interest her and very competitive by nature in potion classes. She can be rather slacking in anything have to do with muggles, because she's not quite interested in them and doesn't understand why she has to waste her time with people that don't even know of her existence. If people aren't magical or come from magical families, she's very uninterested and could care less. She also doesn't care much for any history classes.

OWL's: Basic Charms, Basic Herbology, American History of Magic, Muggle Studies, Basic Potions, Basic Transfiguration, English, Math, Muggle History, Social Studies/Current Events (taken in Senior year of JWI).
NEWT's: Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA, Astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, +any electives (3 allowed) (taken in 3rd year of Salem).

Current Classes: (reference the 'Classes' information post about this part)

Family: H

Connections: (None, but willing to discuss possible connections with other characters.)
Likes: Exercising, Competitive fighting, being close to a few friends, and magical people.
Dislikes: Non-Magical People, Super Optimistic People, Muggle Studies,
Fears & Phobias:  She fears her mother dying and also doesn't care much for worms or snakes.
Worst Memory(ies): One of her worst memories was that initial move away from France and to the Americas. Nothing has ever made her feel more alone in her life and being away from her mother and in a land where she doesn't quite understand people makes her rather unhappy.
Best Memory(ies): Her best memory was when she was a child. She lived on a farm on the top of a hill with her mother and spent a lot of her time in her quiet community with very few friends. One day, she got very lost when she was traveling into the woods while she was young. It was very scary and she encountered the feeling of being alone and it instilled a fear inside of her. She ran deep into the forest and continued to get lost, even tripping over something that she thought was a branch and discovering that it was actually a snake. This is why she has the phobia of snakes.

Just when she thought she was going to die in the middle of the forest, among the snakes and the wild animals, a raven appeared in the sky. It circled over her and called to her, even if it couldn't speak her name, the young Quinn felt as if the raven was speaking to her. She followed the raven through the forest, feeling like it was taking hours. But she felt a warm feeling following the raven through the forest and eventually made her way outside the forest. Her mother was calling her name and quickly Quinn came running to her mother's embrace. Feeling at home and seeing her house on the top of the hill in the distance. The raven sat on top of her house and she felt that the animal was always watching over her.

Favorite Animal(s) Ravens, Bears, and Cats

O/O's: Rel Mayer's O&Os Will be the same as this character

Notes: (This is still a work in progress. I just wanted to get it up before I lost my character sheet again.)

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm going to PM you Rel, since there's a few things that need adjusting before we can get to the red section. :)

Kokaine

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 02, 2014, 08:04:03 AM
Pretty sure those pillows have nothing to do with Josie resting. Just saying. >.> *cough*

I was totally behaving >.>

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

OH yes... very much appreciated.. appreciating.. drooling.. daydreaming.. oh.. yes...

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

DarkAngel111

So if anyone wants any connections with the guy above Let me know :P

He is a Teacher Transfiguration, And his history is almost sorted just need to put in the minor details now.

I have another 3rd year incoming aswell. :)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on September 02, 2014, 08:34:40 AM
work in progress

Patronus:
Boggart:
Special possessions:

~APPEARANCE~

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:

Family:

Connections:

Fears & Phobias:
Worst Memory(ies): 
Best Memory(ies):
Favorite Animal(s):
O/O's:

...So totally did not read 9 1/2 inches and said "Well hello Professor...mind helping me with my ....form"
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

*adds a line about Ember being the New Player Liason to the opening post*

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 03, 2014, 10:46:15 AM
...So totally did not read 9 1/2 inches and said "Well hello Professor...mind helping me with my ....form"

Ahem.. "I cannot charm that piece of parchment, bring it closer miss"

:P that would be  his reply hehe

Ember Star

*snorts humorously and keeps mouth shut about what such short wands say about people* :P
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on September 03, 2014, 12:41:12 PM
you know 9 and a half isn't short.....
Maybe not for some things, but for wands it is on the "short side" if not actually very short.

And you know what they say about people with short wands, they're either short in height or lacking something in their personality. Of course, they could be lacking something somewhere else too *smiles innocently*

Examples of people with shorter wands:
Wormtail - 9 & 3/4 inches
Umbridge - unknown but assumed to be 8 inches or under

Anything under 10 inches is considered on the small side of wands. Anything over 13 inches is considered on the large side. Which makes 10-13 the happy medium.

Although, you're right. It's not that short as far as wands go. Just, headed in that direction.

*possibly knows more about wands than is good for me* Sorries >_<

Black Howling

*Drops this in to make sure BP knows he IS working on it*

Hoping to finish this after work. Running out to time to continually reference things. >_> And give my friends a break from being consistently poked about HP lore.

Joshua Maciver
~BASICS~
Character's Name: Joshua Maciver
Nickname: Josh
Character's Birthdate and Age: April 5th, 1992 (21)
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Scottish and Native American Heriatage
Hometown: Wrentham, Massachusetts

Salem year: 6th year student.
House/House alumni: Andover.
Fraternity/Sorority: (if applies)
Wand: Wood: Cedar, Core: Manticore Hair, Length: 12 inches
Totem:
Patronus: Dire Wolf
Boggart: Large Snakes
Special skills: Animagus (Or rather his goal is to master this, but is limited to partial changes thus far.)

Pet/Familiar: Spotted Owl (Black with white spots) named Coal.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Physical Description: Josh's body is something he's always been proud of. Muscular frame, imposing height and all that packed with an uncanny grace. His skin always seems to maintain some level of a tan, which only contrasts with his light brown hair all the better. His Hazel eyes carry a uniquely intense stare, both predatory and calming at the same time. The body isn't just a pretty thing either, as it's kept in that condition through his consistent participation in the muggle sports. Something he never gave up from his old life.
Distinguishing Features: Two puncture scars on the left side of his abdomen
Character Model: Alan Ritchson

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:

• Stubborn: Josh is the kind of guy that’s views are hard to change. Even when THEY should change..
  • Intense: Josh has a presence about him. His actions have a finality, and his words a purpose.
  • Loyal: It’s been said that Josh stupidly sticks by his friends, and it’s true. Once his trust is won, it’s VERY hard to break it.
  • Impulsive: Look before you leap is a common phrasing he apparently never heard. He’s prone to brash behavior, and doesn't always think things through when
    stressed.
  • Aggressive: Not in the antagonistic sense of the word, but in sports or any sort of challenge he’s a very aggressive player.
  • Protective: Right alongside loyalty, Josh tends to be very protective of his friends and those close to him. Though this has been a detriment for him in the past.
  • Hedonistic: While it hasn't always had the chance to show, Josh has a very addictive personality. It’s hard for him to discern that something feeling good isn't always good for him, or more importantly, for those around him.
  • Passionate: Josh is a very spirited young man, holding true to his ideals and everything else in his life. It all means something to him, and something he feels strongly about.
  • Ambitious: For much of his Junior Wizarding, Josh was looked down on for his blood quality. Since then he's had a burning focus to succeed, to be at the top of his game.
  • Cynical: Josh likes his jokes. He's a wisecracker. Problem is, not everyone else finds his jokes funny.
History: From the moment josh was born, his father had very high expectations. He was his parents first child, and their only son. Growing up, he was the golden boy. Always popular in the suburban town of Wrentham where he was born and raised for the first eleven years of his life. He had a good life, watching over his younger sister, taking home the football trophies, and exploring the woods with his black lab wolf Wolf. It was great. That is, until, one time he and Wolf's adventures into the woods took them just a little too far. He was about ten at the time, Wolf had just turned 4, and the two wandered from the woods into the more rocky hills. The place his parents had always told him to never go into.

But, Josh was too caught up in the moment to think about that. He found a nice rocky place to play fetch with his buddy. He continually threw the stick further and further until one point he tossed it over the hill. Wolf wouldn't chase it for some reason, even after he scolded the dog. So, thinking his buddy was just being stubborn, he walked past the hill himself to go find the stick. The sound of the rattling came just a little too late for him, he was leaning over to pick up the stick when it rang in his ears. He knew what it was instantly, so he stood stock still.

Of course, standing still did nothing to calm the fear in Josh. He was standing nearby the rare Timber Rattlesnake. So the moment the heard the sound stop he turned to run, and no more then a few steps did he trip over one of the many rocks on the ground. He fell hard, but that was the least of his worries as it just so happened that he fell right onto the snake. He screamed as he heard the rattle shake, backed up but it was too late. The snake lunged, and he felt those venomous fangs dig deep into his side. Crying in pain, he thought he was going to faint on the spot. That is until he heard the bark....

Wolf came running to his rescue, leaping upon the reptile and biting into it hard. Tearing the snakes head off. Things got strange from there, his mind began to slip. And the next thing he knew he was waking up in the hospital. Someone had somehow gotten this feeling, or as they said, had seen him be bitten by the snake. Seen him from over a mile away.... They found him being dragged by his dog, and managed to get the boy to the hospital. He recovered well, but soon found out that his dog hadn't been so lucky. Wolf had been nipped by the torn head dragging him away, and exerted himself attempting to carry him to safety.

For a ten year old boy, it shattered Josh's world. Not only that, but he couldn't stop trying to figure out how the man who saved him had 'seen' him. For a year he moped, kinda having a crushed spirit. Something that only got worse when the messenger came, and began talking to his parents. There was an argument, many of them, and finally on one he got so upset that some of small objects on the table began floating. His little sister screamed, his parents fled from him. It was a nightmare. He was so in shock himself that he barely remembered going away with the man that'd come to get him. He did remember one thing, though. His father telling him not to come back. Everything from there passed by so quick, that next thing he knew he was in the JWI.

Josh's experiences inside weren't the greatest at first, especially since the first other students he met were purebloods. The meeting quickly turned into a bullying contest, that is until he decked one of the bastards. An action that only led him into getting detention, and punished. During the punishment, he explained what had happened. How they had said he'd fail before he ever started. It was that instructor that actually poured some fire back into them. All with just four words. "Then prove them wrong." Those words caused him to take interest, to begin studying hard to catch up on what all he'd missed. Soon he found a world that both amazed and enlightened him.

JWI was pretty swell for Josh from there, well after he learned more creative ways to handle the assholes that always attempted to bully him. He met his aunt and Cousins then, and they became his second family. Things were looking up, and he even began to rekindle his love for animals. Though reptiles were always a bit of a sore spot for him. He all the same finished his 'tour' in the JWI, even graduating from it with damn good scores. His ambition for wizarding didn't stop there, though. No he was more determined then ever to learn more.

Though Josh's first roadblock came when he learned just how important Magical history was once he got into Salem Institute of Magic. It was a class he'd always studied hard in, but had some of the most troubles. And here it had been expanded a lot. He knew coasting wasn't going to be an option, but luckily for him he met a girl on the train there that was quite the brainy thing. And luck had it she was willing to help him out. His progress continued from there, and now he's in his sixth year.

Academic History: Academically, Josh wasn't always the most hungry for knowledge. He did good in Muggle schools, but was never on the honor roll or the like for a lack of interest. That changed in JWI thanks to an instructor that actually gave a damn about their students. He gained a thirst for it, if for some of the wrong reasons. Though always interested more in subjects that he felt personally inclined to, and what would teach him to work magic, he eventually pulled his head out and got help from others to learn more about his less favored subjects. He studies hard, and when something is kicking his ass, he has a friend that won't let him give up. Pushing him to study harder and be at his best.

OWL's:

• Basic Charms O
  • Basic Herbology A
  • American History of Magic A
  • Muggle Studies E
  • Basic Potions E
  • Basic Transfiguration O
  • English E
  • Math A
  • Muggle History E
  • Social Studies/Current Events E
NEWT's:

• Charms O
  • Potions E
  • Transfiguration O
  • DADA O
  • Astronomy A
  • Herbology A
  • History of Magic E
  • Native American Magical Studies E
  • Divination A
  • Dueling O
Current Classes:

• Charms
  • Potions
  • Transfiguration
  • DADA
  • Native American Magical Studies
  • Dueling
  • Advanced Defense Magics
  • Advanced Transfiguration
  • History Of Magic
  • Divination
Extracurricular Activities: Muggle Sports, Dueling Club

Family:
Melony Armstrong: The estranged, 45 year old aunt on his father's side. Josh had honestly never heard much about her, and it was for a good reason he found out later. His family thought she was crazy. Truth be told she ran off with a wizard when she was just 20 years old. Heavily into the native american culture, and what part of it they possess in their blood, she's most of the reason he's taken such an interest in it himself.. He learned about her shortly after he received acceptance into the JWI, a now widow of a wizard. Since then, she's who he's stayed with during the summer times and the like. Over the years the two have grown very close, to the point where she's like a second mother to him.

Kelly and Micheal Armstrong: His cousins, 12 and eight respectively. They are some of his biggest supporters next to his aunt, and both Half-Bloods that seem to have the talent. He views them more as his little brother and sister then cousins, and is fiercely protective of them. Well, when he's close enough to be so that is.

Connections:
Jenny Nolan: One of his best friends in his eyes. They met in their first year at Salem, where upon seeing her studious gifts, he all but begged her for some help in some of his low areas. Most of all History of Magic, something he always had trouble with. Since then they've been good friends, even if he infuriates her at times. He believes her help is perhaps the only reason he managed the grades in that area to get into the Advanced Magical classes he's in.

Likes: Sports, The sound of his own voice, Conversation, Animals, games of skill, and women
Dislikes: Purebloods (The Snobby ones anyhow), Reptiles, Sore Losers, Sitting still
Fears & Phobias: Venomous Snakes, Enclosed Spaces, Losing the people he cares about and being abandoned again.
Worst Memory(ies): The time his dog died, when he feels his family abandoned him.
Best Memory(ies): When he first got his Dog, all the time spent with said Dog, When he met his 'second family' and when he was accepted into Salem Institute of Magic.
Favorite Animal(s) Canines of all types and cats. Though he loves all animals with the exclusion of Reptiles.
O/O's: O/O Linkage

Notes:
House suggestion:--
Wand suggestion: --

Kokaine

Quote from: Black Howling on September 03, 2014, 02:59:34 PM
*Drops this in to make sure BP knows he IS working on it*

Hoping to finish this after work. Running out to time to continually reference things. >_> And give my friends a break from being consistently poked about HP lore.

Howling's WIP Student#1
~BASICS~
Character's Name: Joshua Maciver
Nickname: Josh
Character's Birthdate and Age: April 5th, 1992 (21)
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American: Scottish and Native American Heriatage
Hometown: Wrentham, Massachusetts

Salem year: 6th year student.
House/House alumni: Andover.
Fraternity/Sorority: (if applies)
Wand: Wood: Cedar, Core: Manticore Hair, Length: 12 inches
Totem:
Patronus: Black Wolf Requested
Boggart: Large Snakes
Special skills: TBD

Pet/Familiar: Spotted Owl (Black with white spots) named Coal.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features: Two puncture scars on the left side of his abdomen
Character Model: Alan Ritchson

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:

• Stubborn: Josh is the kind of guy that’s views are hard to change. Even when THEY should change..

• Intense: Josh has a presence about him. His actions have a finality, and his words a purpose.

• Loyal: It’s been said that Josh stupidly sticks by his friends, and it’s true. Once his trust is won, it’s VERY hard to break it.

• Impulsive: Look before you leap is a common phrasing he apparently never heard. He’s prone to brash behavior, and doesn't always think things through when
    stressed.

• Aggressive: Not in the antagonistic sense of the word, but in sports or any sort of challenge he’s a very aggressive player.

• Protective: Right alongside loyalty, Josh tends to be very protective of his friends and those close to him. Though this is has been a detriment for him in the past.

• Hedonistic: While it hasn't always had the chance to show, Josh has a very addictive personality. It’s hard for him to discern that something feeling good isn't always good for him, or more importantly, for those around him.

• Passionate: Josh is a very spirited young man, holding true to his ideals and everything else in his life. It all means something to him, and something he feels strongly about.[

• Ambitious: For much of his Junior Wizarding, Josh was looked down on for his blood quality. Since then he's had a burning focus to succeed, to be at the top of his game.

History: TBD (And I got a good one!)

Academic History: TBD (Excited about this part)

OWL's:

• Basic Charms O
  • Basic Herbology E
  • American History of Magic A
  • Muggle Studies E
  • Basic Potions E
  • Basic Transfiguration O
  • English E
  • Math A
  • Muggle History E
  • Social Studies/Current Events E
NEWT's: Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA, Astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, +any electives (3 allowed) (taken in 3rd year of Salem).

Current Classes: (reference the 'Classes' information post about this part)

Family: (Any important relatives your character has. Include the following: Name, age, relation to character, blood status, occupation and nationality. Those who apply for pureblood characters need to include a small history/bio as well.)

Connections: (Any connections to other characters in the game. Friends, crushes, lovers, relatives, rivals, enemies,  or whatever you feel is relevant/important/known to others IC.)

Dislikes: (Non Sexual)
Fears & Phobias: ("none" is not an option)
Worst Memory(ies):
Best Memory(ies): (If your character is a 5-7th year student and you wish to claim a patronus, this part is essential and will weigh in on whether or not the patronus is approved.)
Favorite Animal(s)
O/O's: (Either a link to your o/o's or a description specific to the character)

Notes:
House suggestion:
Wand suggestion:

Oh MY. HELLO! ^-^

My O/Os