Justice League Origins (Interest Check)

Started by MaiMizzu, January 02, 2014, 09:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

We have decided we need a new Justice League RP, but we wanted a different kind of story.

So it starts with none of the league really knowing one another, or perhaps a couple have worked together before. Black Mask is getting funding from a very private and rich source to start some mayhem. So he's put together small teams of villains.. starting with Mr Freeze and Captain Cold. And there will be multiple other pairs, eventually leading to the formation of a Legion of Doom sort of thing.

Batman sees this pattern of baddies forming, and he decides he needs to act. but he knows he can't do things on his own, given this is just after the death of Jason Todd. The other heroes will be established in their own region, but nothing more than that at the moment.

We're looking for maybe up to 9 players, and we have a few characters already spoken for: Wonder Woman, Batman and (maybe) Flash. We're still fleshing out the start of the story, but we think we're getting there.

Our CS

[b]Player Name: [/b]

[b]Character Real Name: [/b]

[b]Codename: [/b]

[b]Known Aliases: [/b]

[b]Approximate Age: [/b]

[b]Height: [/b]

[b]Weight: [/b]

[b]Birthplace: [/b]

[b]Metahuman Powers: [/b]

[b]Abilities: [/b]

[b]Equipment: [/b]

[b]Brief Bio: [/b]

[b]Voice Claim: [/b]

[b]Image: [/b]

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Wajin

Very, very interested indeed :D

Also, would love to play either Hal Jordan or Kal-El
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Batman4560

mia h

[Insert name of hero just as soon as I've worked out who they are] reporting for duty  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

RubySlippers

These games are always so serious I want to play Alley-Kat-Abra member of the Zoo Crew. Just add in some armor well to help her survive and some way to get around if Batman will help there and she is good to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley-Kat-Abra

She is technically a DC heroine.  ;D

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 02, 2014, 12:47:48 PM
These games are always so serious I want to play Alley-Kat-Abra member of the Zoo Crew. Just add in some armor well to help her survive and some way to get around if Batman will help there and she is good to go.

Kinda hard to criticize the choice when your own favourite character's costume is based on Yankee Poodle  ;D

RubySlippers

I figure it was the usual big duel o' magic and a bump to the game universe where she went - wtf - before helping Batman or someone against a baddy.

apygoos

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 02, 2014, 12:47:48 PM

while a DC heroine, and i do enjoy light hearted elements to be a part of story flow, I'd rather not see alleykat. If this was a purely lighthearted RP, I wouldn't see a problem in it, but I find it very difficult to take that character seriously. I apologize if that ruins your interest in the RP, but maybe a heroine like Zatanna would be something to consider if you wanted to stick with the "magic" archetype. there are also a good number of other DC heroines

Batman4560

As much as I like Rocket Raccoon type characters I have to agree with Apy.

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 02, 2014, 05:05:42 PM
As much as I like Rocket Raccoon type characters I have to agree with Apy.
hey now, Rocket Raccoon can actually be taken seriously.
you don't fuck with the Guaridians of the Galaxy

Wajin

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2014, 05:25:29 PM
hey now, Rocket Raccoon can actually be taken seriously.
you don't fuck with the Guaridians of the Galaxy

I've seen a dude play Groot well in a roleplay a while ago :P
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

RubySlippers

Didn't hurt to ask, I can settle for Aquagirl OR Wonder Girl.

mia h

Well ultimately it depends of the set-up\mood of the game but I'm leaning towwards Starfire, cause who doesn't love red-heads?  ;D

apygoos

dont be shy people!

also, it would likely end up Aquagirl, because we don't necessarily want Wonder Woman's sidekick to be a prominent member of the justice league, whereas Aquagirl is more easily adjusted to be so.
Starfire could work, i suppose.

RubySlippers

apygoos

when it comes to Aquagirl: her canon powerset is nearly identical to that of Aquaman. Arthur exist in this timeline, but Aquaman is busy being the king of Atlantis, not leaving much time for him to even wave a thought to much beyond his own country.

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
Starfire could work, i suppose.

What do you mean "i suppose" ? Of course she'll work  :P

RubySlippers

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2014, 11:49:14 PM
when it comes to Aquagirl: her canon powerset is nearly identical to that of Aquaman. Arthur exist in this timeline, but Aquaman is busy being the king of Atlantis, not leaving much time for him to even wave a thought to much beyond his own country.

I planned to take the usual physical abilities, hyper-swimming, communicate with sea creatures (telepathic) , friend of sea life and expert in Atlantian Trident. She cannot command sea life she isn't Lord of the Seaaka Aquaman but would be a friend when making requests.

apygoos

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 04:42:35 PM
I planned to take the usual physical abilities, hyper-swimming, communicate with sea creatures (telepathic) , friend of sea life and expert in Atlantian Trident. She cannot command sea life she isn't Lord of the Seaaka Aquaman but would be a friend when making requests.
that sounds A-OK!

RubySlippers

MaiMizzu

So let me get this straight..
So far we have:
Batman
Flash
Superman (probably)
Wonder Woman
Starfire
Aquagirl

That look right?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 05, 2014, 06:28:55 PM
So let me get this straight..
So far we have:
Batman
Flash
Superman (probably)
Wonder Woman
Starfire
Aquagirl

That look right?
looks accurate as far as i can tell.
also, if we can get a few more interest/character proposals, we might be able to start really getting things in motion!

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
And a skimpy outfit of course.
skimpy?

pfft that's not skimpy, this on the other hand

;D

Batman4560

RubySlippers

Who said I was going Canon on her outfit?

apygoos

so youre all aware, were going to possibly do something a little more unique when we get to character sheet phase. you iwll be able to use animated models for the character [so comic, animated series, etc.] but you would have a Voice Claim rather than a face claim. whos voice would you like to see play starfire? or aquagirl? I myself will likely be sticking with Kevin Connory for Batman...because he IS batman.
this is all a possibility, not confirmed as of yet.

Wajin

If you do the Voice Claim, I'll go with Tim Daly for Superman, it's the voice I recognize him by the most

mia h

If you are looking for voice actors http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/, although the search and filter leave a bit to be desired.
I think someone like Morena Baccarin would work for Starfire

Wajin

If the GM(s) wouldn't mind, the Godfall uniform is amogst my favourites, and I think superman could use it just as well as his normal one

mia h

A potential voice actor of Aquagirl perhaps?  ;D
www.youtube.com/embed/dwEDgSECGiU?feature=player_detailpage

RubySlippers

apygoos

jsut to be clear
this game is not about sex.
the villains are not going to be out to capture the ladies and have their way with them, no.
The core of this RP at launch is the formation of what would come to be known as the Justice League.
adult content will of course likely occur, but, well i never thought that id get to say Starfire's outfit covers more than someone elses.
A hero dons a costume to be an Icon. Colors, emblems, patterns, all shape that image

this is sitll pretty damn sexy in my book. nice curve exposure, color scheme, theme, its iconic. given you dont need to use this, but this, which is default Aquagirl, is pretty legit

MaiMizzu

Plus.. well Batman is gonna be putting together a team. I'm sure something like how they hold themselves and dignity would factor into that. He's a businessman too, and public image goes a long way, right? That's why of all of the hundreds of pics of Wonder Woman i've got, i'm gonna use one that isn't considered traditionally sexy for her. It'll be more about who she really is.. an Amazon warrior who has been training for battle literally her whole life.
Just something to keep in mind.

RubySlippers

It was a joke costume, I favor more a wetsuit look.

Batman4560

I plan on making the flash a jokester like most versions.

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 06, 2014, 12:26:36 PM
It was a joke costume, I favor more a wetsuit look.

I'm guessin there's still not enough material there  ;D

apygoos

Quote from: mia h on January 06, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

I'm guessin there's still not enough material there  ;D
i really wish that chicks head didnt look like a dude.

Batman4560

Flash might run into a wall if someone wore that.

apygoos

he might, flash tends to be the biggest flirt among the men.

RubySlippers

Aquagirl plans to open the game going after illegal whaling and that means by any means necessary not harming the people on board, and if its on research they better have a big science presence on board or their ship is going to Davy Jones Locker unless they desist. She will tell the companies to stop first to be fair.

The big fishing ships wasting animals like cutting off the fins of sharks and tossing them into the sea to rot she has to stop that.

Screw it they are all going to feel her justice!

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 08, 2014, 10:33:29 AM
Aquagirl plans to open the game going after illegal whaling and that means by any means necessary not harming the people on board, and if its on research they better have a big science presence on board or their ship is going to Davy Jones Locker unless they desist. She will tell the companies to stop first to be fair.

The big fishing ships wasting animals like cutting off the fins of sharks and tossing them into the sea to rot she has to stop that.

Screw it they are all going to feel her justice!
I was thinking of a similar kind of thing for Starfire, but more anti-slavery than anti-whaling given Kory's background.
Great minds and all that..  ;D

Hmm a ship full of slave labourers, it'd be a contest to see who could sink it the fastest.

RubySlippers

Wait she won't kill people, she is a champion of Atlantis with a warriors code but sinking ships after marooning the crew is fine with her. A little fire and water action. And my character is not opposed to low level industry fishing is fine its wasting sea life and breaking the laws as surface people placed them is another matter. But people need to eat and all.

MaiMizzu

So here's our CS. Once we get a couple more players, we can actually get to playing. But first we need those players, and we need to figure out exactly how to start. but until then,we can work on this! Keep in mind your characters (for the most part) will be at the beginning of their career. And we don't need 10 paragraphs for the bio or powers or anything, but give us a good idea. For the character image, use pics if you want. Or you can do pics and descriptions if there's something about their looks or distinguishing features not shown on the pic.

[b]Player Name: [/b]

[b]Character Real Name: [/b]

[b]Codename: [/b]

[b]Known Aliases: [/b]

[b]Approximate Age: [/b]

[b]Height: [/b]

[b]Weight: [/b]

[b]Birthplace: [/b]

[b]Metahuman Powers: [/b]

[b]Abilities: [/b]

[b]Equipment: [/b]

[b]Brief Bio: [/b]

[b]Voice Claim: [/b]

[b]Image: [/b]

Batman4560

Should we post the character sheets here or somewhere else?

MaiMizzu

Post the completed sheets here. Maybe we can snag some more interests that way

Batman4560

Player Name:
Batman4560
Character Real Name:
Barry Allen

Codename:
The Flash

Known Aliases:
The Fastest man alive, The Scarlet Speedster.

Approximate Age:

Height:
6'

Weight:
195lbs

Birthplace:
Fallville, Iowa.

Metahuman Powers:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Speed Force Conduit-  The Speed Force is a vaguely defined extra-dimensional energy force from which most superspeed-powered heroes draw their powers. The Speed Force serves as the ultimate measure of velocity in the DC Universe. They are often referred to in terms of barriers: Sound barrier, Light barrier, Time Barrier, Dimensional Barrier, and finally the Speed Force Barrier. Barry Allen is the very source and creator of the Speed Force,and generates it with every step he takes. For this very reason, he is unaffected if any other speedster tries to steal or drain his speed. Barry Allen is one of the fastest of the Flashes, and is arguably one of, the fastest beings to have ever existed. He is currently fast enough to easily break all of the barriers and even enter the Speed Force itself, and is one of the few people to have ever escaped from it. He does not often go beyond Mach 10, as speeds above that level are catastrophic to the environment. He has outrun Death in the form of The Black Racer, and can most likely reach any speed he can imagine, and more.

Accelerated Healing - Speed Force conduits are not invulnerable nor durable enough to sustain damage however if they are harmed they will heal at high speeds. Any normal wear and tear damage to their bodies are almost instantly healed.

Decelerated Aging - Speed Force conduits have a slowed aging process. This power can be imparted on their most intimate loved ones by extended contact rather than distribution.

After Image- The Flash can move so fast that he can make after images of himself.

Increased Perceptions - Speed Force conduits traveling at the speed of sound may miss important events as they run by. The Speed Force grants them enhanced senses that allow them to see, hear, smell, touch and/or taste at an increased speed and understand it as it is processed.

Infinite Mass Punch - Speed Force conduits have an increased level of strength added to their bodies which they can impart in different ways. Certain speedsters can strength each and every move they make however this requires attention and stress for each movement and therefore is almost never used. In most cases conduits can focus the Speed Force's extra-dimensional energies into one massive punch; when used in practiced this punch pushed a metahuman from one continent to another.

Phasing - Speed Force conduits can vibrate their molecules so quickly that they can achieve intangibility for short bursts allowing them to phase through objects.

Self-Sustenance - Speed Force conduits travel at incredible speeds which cause their bodies to work overtime. In situations where their bodies may be too fast for them to breathe they may impart on the Speed Force for sustenance. However, this almost always results in the conduits having an increased metabolism at all times requiring them to constantly refill their energy supplies.

Supercharged Brain Activity - Sometimes neglected by Speedsters who only operate at superhuman speeds and never slow down enough to understand their full potential; Speedsters can access superhuman levels in their brains further than processing information. They can test theories, understand difficult equations and run trial and error in their brains at superhuman speeds. Different conduits access this activity in different ways.

Superhuman Endurance - Speed Force conduits have to access the Speed Force for a number of different tasks. Most Speedsters use their superhuman speed and react at superhuman speeds; therefore, they must run for extended periods or operate for a large amount of time. Their bodies can handle the stresses of superhuman racing without noticeable distress.

Superhuman Speed - Speed Force conduits have one main ability above all else. Conduits are connected to the barrier and accumulation of all Speed known in their universe. These characters immediately understand how to run at superhuman speeds and their bodies instinctively understand how to react at high-speed situations. Older speedsters have a reduced but maxed speed of 770mph which is just below sonic booms allowing them to react to situations without causing civilians undo stress. Speedsters in their prime can travel at much faster speeds such as the max level of recorded aided speed on Earth and even reach the speed of light with enough willpower. It is possible for conduits to travel much faster than the speed of light however such levels require an incredible amount of stress. Speedsters unaccustomed to their max level of speeds may detach themselves from the Speed Force or even become part of the Speed Force by accident.

Vortex Creations - Speed Force conduits that plant themselves on the ground and rotate their extremities can cause an incredible amount of wind to burst through their focused funnel. Most Speedsters use this ability automatically when they run reducing the air currents around their body to low enough levels to no longer inhibit their speed. Creatively, Speedsters can create tornadoes and gusts with their arms.

Abilities:

Super Speed Reading: He is capable of speed-reading at superhuman rates, accumalating mass amounts of knowledge in seconds. However, unlike his grandson, the knowledge does not stay in his memory very long, and disappears after a short time.

Forensic Pathology, Criminology, Chemistry.

Barry has shown that he is able to carry several people at a time when evacuating a dangerous area, whether feats like this are performed while running on adrenaline is not known. Barry possesses the strength level of a man his age, size, and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise, and can at least press lift his own body weight. However, his powers allow him to throw punches at speeds that, on impact, can have the same effect someone with superhuman strength can have.

Equipment:
Costume Ring

Brief Bio: (credit goes to DC Wiki)
Barry Allen is The Flash, the fastest man alive. Using his super-speed powers, he taps into the Speed Force and becomes a costumed crime-fighter. His position is a legacy in the Flash Family, successor to the original Jay Garrick and predecessor to Wally West. He is a founding member of the Justice League of America.

Barry Allen and a twin brother were born two weeks late, to Henry and Nora Allen in the small midwestern town of Fallville, Iowa. The brother was pronounced stillborn by Dr. Gilmore. However, in actuality, he had been born healthy, but given to another family, the Thawnes, whose child had died during birth. The lateness of Barry's birth only foreshadowed his bad habit of always being late. Barry grew up reading the adventures of his favorite superhero, Jay Garrick, the original Flash, and acted many of his hero's adventures out with his friend and future actress, Daphne Dean.

When he was a child, his mother was killed and his father was convicted of the crime. The drive to prove his father was innocent gave Barry a strong belief in justice.

Barry loved chemistry from an early age, and that helped his skills as a farmer. He won first place in the Fallville County Fair Agricultural Competition, a prize which included a scholarship to Sun City University. He graduated in three years with a major in organic chemistry and a minor in criminology.

While a senior, Barry helped the authorities apprehend a bank robber, and he was offered a job as a police scientist for the Central City Police Department Scientific Detection Bureau. Eager to be in the sister city of his childhood hero's home, Keystone City, he accepted the offer.

After moving to Central City and getting an apartment with a laboratory in the back, Barry began dating Picture News reporter Iris West, whom he met while examining an apparent murder that she was reporting. She was charmed by his honesty and stability.

That night during an electrical storm, Barry returned to an experiment after a short break. All of a sudden, a bolt of lightning streaked through a window, shattered a chemical cabinet and covered Barry in the electrified chemicals. Dazed, he decided to return home in a taxi. However, the taxi started to pull away without noticing him. Barry sprinted after it, only to run straight past it as if it had been standing still. He decided to sit down and recollect his thoughts at a diner. A passing waitress accidentally spilled the items of her tray onto Barry, who amazingly caught them all in mid-air and returns them to the tray. The next day, Barry saved Iris from a stray bullet. There was no question about it: the freak accident had somehow given Barry superhuman speed!

Voice Claim:
Michael Rosenbaum

Image:

mia h

Player Name: mia h
Character Real Name: Koriand'r
Codename: Starfire
Known Aliases: Princess Koriand'r
Approximate Age: 23
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 158lbs
Birthplace: Tamaran
Metahuman Powers:
Flight
Super strength
Invulnerability
Starbolts
Linguistic Assimilation
Energy Absorpstion
Abilities:
Pilot
Spaceship mechanics - basic
Firearms
Sword-womanship
Hand to Hand combat - advanced
Equipment:
Slightly used Citadelian shuttle craft
Brief Bio:
Princess Koriand'r of Tamaran like the rest of the Royal Family possessed the ability to store and use various forms of energy. Tamaran being a mostly peaceful world left it vulnerable to more predatory cultures such as the Citadel who were bought off by Komand'r, Koriand'r older sister and Queen of Tamaran, the price Tamaran slaves including Koriand'r.
During her years of captivity Koriand'r was experimented on by Citadel scientist trying to unlock the secrets of the Royal Families powers, although the experiments didn't yield the results the Citadel wanted they did significantly increase Koriand'r's powers. Powers that allowed Kori to finally make her escape from her tormentors. Unfortunately the shuttle craft Kori stole was damaged during the escape leaving her a limited of choice of habitable planets as possible destinations, Kori chose Earth as it was a relatively backwater planet a place where the Citadel was unlikely to have spies.
For the past year Kori has been living on a small Pacific island, slowly making repairs to the shuttle and while Kori has friendly relationship with the islanders she has only made infrequent trips into the wider world, usually motivated by news slave rings that Kori dismantles in pyrotechnic displays.
Voice Claim: Morena Baccarin
Image:

Carny

I'd be very interested in this. I'd like Green Lantern, with my preference being Hal Jordan or Jon Stewart.

If neither Green Lantern is available, then I could do Green Arrow.
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

apygoos

since Hal is the first GL, and the most known, we would rather Hal Jordan. Hal is open and available for play.

Batman4560

He might not be the best but...

He is kind of a badass.

Carny

Hal Jordan it is, accept no substitutes!

Nothing to see here.
Move along.

mia h

Well if you want a real bad ass Lantern

;D

Wajin

Player Name: A Japanese Dane

Character Real Name: Kal-El

Codename: Superman

Known Aliases: Clark Joseph Kent, Man of Steel, Last son of Krypton.

Approximate Age: 27

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 240lbs

Birthplace: Kryptonopolis, Krypton

Metahuman Powers:

Courtesy of DC wikia

Kryptonian Physiology: Superman's cellular structure is much more dense, resilient, and biologically more effective than human tissue. Strangely enough, he does not seem to possess superhuman strength levels despite his enhanced cellular ability without his cellular structure charged withyellow solar energy. Without such charging, his strength seems on par for a human of his height and weight who engages in regular physical activity. As an alien he possesses several organs whose functions are not yet disclosed or understood but are believed to be part of and perhaps even the source of his biomatrix force field and reclamation aura. Superman's body also stores energy actively within his bio-cellular matrix as an energy pattern that is linked to his body's electromagnetic field. This energy powers most of Superman's electromagnetic capabilities such as flight and heat vision. It also supplements his physical strength by a factor of 12,000 times or so.

Solar Energy Absorption: Technically, this is the main source of Superman's powers. As a Kryptonian, Superman's cells absorb yellow solar energy, and this in turn, fuels all of his powers and abilities. Superman's cells also store solar energy as well, allowing him to retain his powers under roofed structures or even at night, although he eventually needs a yellow sun to recharge his powers. Superman can also absorb solar energies of other class stars such as when he absorbed the solar energies of a blue star that increased his abilities to a higher degree and gave him additional abilities.

Superhuman Strength: The exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown. This is because Superman's strength, like his many other powers, has fluctuated over time. However, his strength should effortlessly range into the multi-megaton level at the very least. While the exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that his strength easily surpasses the capacity to lift 1,000,000 tons, but how much more is not known exactly. This makes Superman the strongest being on the planet and one of the strongest beings in the universe. Superman has shown feats of strength such as being seen lifting an enormous pyramid and flying it to Mars without any strain (which can weigh millions and millions of tons depending on their size), being capable of ripping off the arm of the likes of Darkseid and physically defeating him in combat, being able to move the planet Earth away from the Sun while a powerful Cosmic Entity named Starbreaker was pushing it toward the Sun, and having the strength necessary to shatter entire worlds]. Superman has been chained to the endless wheels of the Mageddon machinery and his strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself.. Most recently he has been shown to be able to bench press the weight of the Earth (approximately 6 sextillion tons) for 5 days, while inside the Earth itself (and thus deprived of replenishing his reserves of solar energy). He can become "supercharged" and exceed his "normal" power levels as evident when his power absorption ability ran amok, requiring the Parasite to drain off his excessive power levels.

Invulnerability: Superman's body is nigh-invulnerable. This ability's levels have changed over time. He has taken a blast equivalent to a million nuclear warheads point blank and remained conscious. Currently he is even more durable than in the past. He has entered the Sun and emerged completely unharmed, he has even traveled through Krypton's Red Sun and survived physically unharmed, even though Red Solar Radiation depowers and weakens him. He has been seen to skirt the photosphere of the sun (100,000,000 degrees F). Superman has even been shown withstanding Darkseid's Omega Beams, a feat that was previously considered impossible. Superman was able to survive the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995 when he was stuck in the future. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot and Superman was in the center and survived without being hurt at all. Superman has withstood 3 particle beams, each powered by the core of a planet, fired at him. One of these planet-powered beams was a plasma beam capable of leveling a huge city a few times over entirely with a single blast. Most likely his greatest feat of durability recently is that he was able to withstand the destructive power of a sun going nova and exploding, which was a result of Brainiac’s technology; this blast was at point-blank range to the planet he was on, which was eradicated by the force of the explosion with the rest of the surrounding system, and he survived without any visible physical damage, though the explosion did knock him out. In addition, his immune system protects him from all toxins and diseases. The reason for this is because Superman possesses a super-dense molecular structure and a supercharged bio-electric "aura" that acts as an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin. The proximity of this field to his skin means that loose clothes, for example, may be burned off of him, while cloth that is close to his body is protected by the "aura;" This phenomenon is sometimes cited as Superman's reason for wearing a skin-tight bodysuit. It is sometimes implied that he can unconsciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, allowing him to carry huge objects within the Earth's atmosphere and without gravity or inertia tearing them apart around his human-sized hands.

Longevity: Superman can live almost indefinitely.

Superhuman Stamina: Superman has the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an undefined period. Theoretically, most incarnations of the character have unlimited stamina as his enhanced nourishment is produced from the solar energy his cells process. Superman like other Kryptonians does not get tired and does not need to eat or sleep and can be sustained on Solar energy alone. He can also hold his breath for an undefined duration.

Flight: Under one Earth gravity Superman is capable of flying at faster-than-light speeds. He tends to fly at speeds of Mach 10 in the atmosphere. His control of his flight is perfect and he can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards, and even lifting great weights while flying. Superman can fly at speeds many times faster than light. Superman can also fly in outer space. He has been seen to fly to the moon in minutes, so it can be assumed that he can fly faster than that without atmospheric interference.

Superhuman Speed: Superman is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. While not nearly as fast as the Flash, Superman can move at speeds much faster than light and is one of the fastest beings in the universe. Superman can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform super fast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents with or without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds. Superman can also run at incredible speeds and even keep up with most speedsters; he was seen running steadily alongside the Flash at a speed of 2000 miles per second (around Mach 9350) He has been seen flying from the Moon to the Earth in less than 2 minutes. Superman is so fast that he is even able to vibrate his molecules through blows akin to what the Flash can do as seen in his fight with Doomsday. He has also used the Infinite Mass Punch, another Flash power, by accelerating to just under the speed of light, with his mass increasing to infinity, when he had to destroy a shadow replica of the moon created by Shadow Thief, which had the same mass as the original, (roughly 8.4 billion tons).

Superhuman Hearing: Superman has incredible hearing at extreme variances of sound and pitch frequency, allowing him to pick up noises from across the globe. He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency. He can hear every single heartbeat, as well as the blood pumping through everyone's veins, hear every footstep, every cell phone signal as it lances through the air and more. He can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire world.

Super Smell: On various occasions, Superman has demonstrated that his sense of smell is significantly enhanced to the point he can smell odors across the entire planet without any problem.

Super Scream: In one instance, Superman was shown to have the ability to project a "super scream" from his vocal cords. He used this ability to cancel out the impending threat of an already exploding nuclear detonation. He used this power(or something similar to it)when he destroyed Darkseid's essence from the Miracle Machine by singing a cord at such a frequency that it countered Darksied's own vibrational frequency, thus destroying his essence.

Self-Sufficiency: Doesn't need to eat and sleep so long as he's under the effects of yellow sun radiation. His body stores the energy necessary to negate eating and sleeping for an indefinite period.

Healing Factor: In the extreme event that Superman is harmed, either by an alien matching his own strength or other occurrence, he has been shown to have the ability to heal almost instantaneously from any wound, assuming that the process is not impeded from some outside factor i.e. Kryptonite. This "healing factor" is supplemented by his stores of solar energy.

Super-Breath: The ability to create hurricane force winds by blowing, and to chill his breath in order to freeze a target (this latter ability has also been called "freeze breath" and "arctic breath"). The ability to chill inhaled air is a function of Superman's great strength and invulnerability. When Superman takes air into his lungs they compress the incoming gas. When this gas expands upon exhalation, in a fashion analogous to the operation of an air conditioners compressor, the sudden increase in volume of the gas causes its temperature to drop proportionally to the size of this expansion. Superman can also breathe in large amounts of air, an ability used when dealing with and disposing things like clouds of poison gas.

Heat Vision: The ability to fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it with the conscious act of activating this power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as two beams of red light firing from his eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing Superman to work undetected. His heat vision is so powerful that they are able to power up the giant ion planet moving engines with his heat vision alone, annihilate an entire army of Doomsday clones in one blast, and has even been stated to rival the heat of a Star. The area of effect can be consciously determined by Superman, down to the microscopic level. Recent stories imply the precision is so exact it can bypass a target's outer shell, not causing damage to a person's skull for surgical purposes.

Super Vision: He also possesses a superior sensory arrangement of microscopic, telescopic, infrared and ultraviolet visual capabilities. He is able to see the entire spectrum. STAR Laboratories has not been able to completely define how Superman has been able to utilize his powerful senses, part of the mechanism is physical, part of it is believed to be psionic in nature. Abilities include:

Electro-magnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see into all of the EM Spectrum. He can see and identify radio/television and any and all broadcast/transmitted frequencies, allowing him to avoid detection through radar or satellite monitoring methods. Superman can see the aura that every living thing generates.

Telescopic Vision: The ability to focus his vision to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics.

Microscopic Vision: The ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the sub atomic level.

X-Ray Vision: The ability to see through anything except lead. Opponents sometimes used lead-lined constructs in an attempt to hide things from Superman. He can see things behind a wall as if the wall were not there, or can "peel back" layer after layer of matter in his mind. Kal-El is able to focus his vision past layers of matter, literally seeing "through" them -- possibly perceiving x-rays, cosmic rays or other forms of energy invisible to normal human vision which pass through Earth's atmosphere (and solid objects) after emission from stars. Since it is passive, this ability would not generate harmful radiation in the same manner as a focused projection of hard X-rays.

Abilities:

Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): He has been trained by both Wildcat (in Boxing), and Mongul in the fighting arts. Superman has fought and learned from Wonder Woman. He has also learned more advanced martial arts techniques from Batman.

Boxing

Torquasm-Rao (Kryptonian Martial Art)

Torquasm-Vo (Kryptonian Martial Art)

Genius Level Intellect: Superman has shown incredible intelligence and computational abilities; his mind works sharply and with extreme speed relative to earth-humans. His analytical powers are impressive — he is able to use his senses to read information directly from machines (and, with careful usage of his heat vision, he can even reprogram machines). Recently after he regained his powers in the "One Year Later" arc, his brain's intelligence has increased and it operates with much greater speed, procession, and analytical prowess, to the point he can recall things in such detail that he knows the ballistics of every shot by Bloodshot and the vector and mass of each and every one of Riot's bodies. He can see into one of the most advanced Kryptonian Sun Stone Battle Ships and watch energy patterns shift and change, trace command signals at light speed down branching, maze-like pathways whilst, at the same time, finding one small knot of circuitry.

Indomitable Will: Superman has shown to have a powerful Force of Will, completely free of evil or temptation. Having been raised by a kindly Kansas farmer and his wife, Superman was taught to protect life and help others. He is very optimistic and never gives up, even when things look bad.
Torquasm Vo: Torquasm Vo is a Kryptonian discipline that Superman uses sometimes. It is basically a means of focusing ones mental discipline to help fight adverse effects such as mental domination. It can be used to manipulate someone's mind. Superman used that ability during his fight against the Eradicator. It was used to create an illusion to let Superman enter inside the Eradicator.

Torquasm Rao: Allows him to tap into his instincts and separate himself from his body. Makes him able to prevent others from manipulating his mind and allows him to fight on the astral plane.

Investigation

Journalism

Leadership: Superman has proven many times over his ability to command respect and inspire others with his charisma, ardor, and idealism. He often serves as the primus inter pares of the Justice League.

Limiters: Over the course of his life and acquisition of power under a yellow sun, Superman has learned how to place mental inhibitors on his own power. These "limiters" as he calls them, are used to keep his power in check so that he doesn't accidentally "flex and cause the tectonic plates to shift." Though it is known that he has placed several of these limiters within his own mind, it is unknown how many and just how powerful he would be if he decided to release them all (although a fully unrestrained Superman has managed to destroy an entire universe in the past). To him, they are the barriers that allow him to be human enough to live a normal life, and he only ever releases one of them when fighting a particularly powerful opponent or performing a predominately difficult task.

Ventriloquism: Used to practice in high school.

Equipment:

Brief Bio:
Kal-El was born on the planet Krypton far from Earth, to the scientist Jor-El and his wife Lara Lor-Van. Shortly after being born, Kal-El was placed in a shuttle bound for the planet Earth in the Sol system in the Milky Way galaxy. His father had previously discovered that Krypton was doomed, and that all would perish before long, so in a desperate attempt to save but a single Kryptonian he sent his son, the last son of Krypton, to Earth. Earth was different from Krypton in that it orbited a yellow sun, something that Jor-El knew would grant Kal-El powers beyond his wildest imagination, Jor-El thought that Kal-El would be like a god to the inhabitants of Earth, and hoped that his son would guide and protect them. Kal's shuttle in the mean time, arrived in orbit around Earth and proceeded to crash near the small rural town of Smallvile in Kansas. Here a young couple Jonathan and Martha Kent found his shuttle and took him in, naming him Clark. Growing up, Clark didn't know that he was an alien, that is, until he start exhibiting meta-human abilities. His parents showed him the shuttle he arrived in, which responded to his touch and opened a storage compartment where a suit and a cube lay. As Clark touched the cube his mind was taken to Krypton where a couple stood, talking to him. They introduced themselves as his birth parents and told him of the reason they sent him to earth

Clark then started practising his powers, using his new suit to disguise his identity. Not long after he moved to the big city of Metropolis where he started fighting crime. Due to the shape of the emblem on his chest, the citizens of Metropolis soon started calling him Superman, a name he quite enjoyed. The few times he was interviewed though, he insisted on being called his real name, the name he had learned from his parents, Kal-El. Early on in his crime fighting career in Metropolis, Clark clashed with the megalomaniac entrepreneur Lex Luthor, owner of LexCorp, one of the biggest military contractors in the world. It was also during this time that he discovered his vulnerability to the crystal known as Kryptonite

Voice Claim: Tim Daly

Image:

Wajin

Quote from: apygoos on January 08, 2014, 10:21:27 PM
since Hal is the first GL, and the most known, we would rather Hal Jordan. Hal is open and available for play.

Technically that honor would fall to Alan Scott ;) at least if you're talking about in terms of first published :P but yeah, in the mainstream universe, it is Hal

mia h

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 09, 2014, 06:41:33 AM
Technically that honor would fall to Alan Scott ;) at least if you're talking about in terms of first published :P but yeah, in the mainstream universe, it is Hal

Actually that raises an interesting point (OK, not that interesting) is this the first generation of heroes or were the JSA & co. running around in the 40's and 50's ?

apygoos

We're a modern era JLA..well we become the justice league but that will all play out over time in RP.

Loves

Hello :) 

Apygoos directed me to your game. I would like to play Zatanna Zatara, if she is still available. 

ON HIATUS AGAIN

MaiMizzu

She is, yes. The CS is in the first post. And with the addition of Zatanna.. are we ready to start putting this together?

Loves

thanks... I will work on her sheet now. :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Phaia

OH WOW!!
I go on vacation and you guys pop up with a Supers rp....with peoplei know even...hey there MaiM and apygoos...I hope ya both remember me for the marvel group!!

Well Zatanna just got called so Now I have to think on who I would like in DC!

phaia

apygoos

Quote from: Phaia on January 09, 2014, 08:13:21 PM
OH WOW!!
I go on vacation and you guys pop up with a Supers rp....with peoplei know even...hey there MaiM and apygoos...I hope ya both remember me for the marvel group!!

Well Zatanna just got called so Now I have to think on who I would like in DC!

phaia
how can we forget? ;)

MaiMizzu

I think we need one more male character, at least.

Kokaine

Apy nudged me over here so...

Vixen reporting for duty.

Will hopefully have the CS up soon.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 09, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
I think we need one more male character, at least.

MALE!!!

oh dear!!

Let me see what appeals...

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: apygoos on January 09, 2014, 08:14:46 PM
how can we forget? ;)

i actaully sill have the threads bookmarked...i like going back to reread them....

I could do a non canon 'Raven Queen'  ;) ;) She never had much time

But I will look at some of the males :o :-\ and see what there is

phaia

apygoos

just as a reminder:
the current "claimed" characters are as follows
Males:
Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Women:
Wonder Woman
Aauqgirl
Starfire
Vixen
Zatanna

Kokaine

Player Name: Kokaine

Character Real Name: Mari Jiwe McCabe

Codename: Vixen

Known Aliases: Mari McCabe, Tabu, Marilyn McCabe, She-Fox

Approximate Age: Late twenties

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 140 lbs

Birthplace: Small village in the African nation of Zambezi

Metahuman Powers:

Vixen possesses the innate ability to make direct contact with the Earth's morphogenetic field, which is sometimes known as the "Red". By simply focusing on a specific animal, she can draw it's skill directly from the morphogenitic field and mimic it's abilities, thus giving herself a variety of superhuman powers. This contact with the "Red" allows Vixen to draw upon the abilities of any animal within 150 feet (without her totem).

Vixen's connection to the "Red" is so deep that she can use the abilities of multiple animals at once. Her abilities have allowed her to channel the powers of extinct animals (such as the saber-toothed tiger and the Triceratops), domesticated animals (like the Doberman Pinscher), and even mystical beasts (like dragons). Her powers even allow her to twist some animal abilities, like using the bio-luminescence of a Marine hatchet fish and an Angler fish to produce light from her hand and to create a laser-like beam from her head.

Vixen wears a mystic artifact called the Tantu Totem that prevents the morphogenetic field from overwhelming her mind. It's assumed that the totem also increases her natural range for mimicking the abilities of animals, as she has been known to mimic the abilities of animals on the other side of the world.

Examples of her mimicry:
    The flight of a hawk.
    The ability to breathe under water like a fish.
    The swimming ability and sonar of a dolphin.
    The speed of a cheetah.
    Tapped into the aggression, physical and mental abilities of Gorilla Grodd.
    The echolocation of a bat.
    The wall crawling of a spider, similar to Spider-Man.
    The jumps of a cricket.
    The constriction of an anaconda.
    The sensitive trichromatic color vision of a salamander.
    The strength of a bull elephant (about 12 tons).
    The strength of a Rhinoceros Beetle (about 65 tons).
    The hearing and sense of smell of a wolf.
    The agility of a spider monkey.
    The electrical absorption and debilitating shock of an electric eel.
    Accelerate the regenerative abilities of reptiles and earthworms.
    The ability to spit venom like a spitting cobra.
    The body armor of an abalone (which proved strong enough to withstand a punch from Superman).
    The nocturnal vision of a cat.
    The speed of a mantis shrimp to catch a bullet.
    The kick of a horse.
    The protective hide of a Rhinoceros.
    The danger sense of seagulls and terns.
    The rage of a lion.
    The eyesight of an eagle.
    The cold adaptation of Methanococcoides burtonii.
    The heat tolerance of a Pompeii worm.
    The stubbornness of a mule (against telepathic attacks and mind control inflicted by Brainiac).
    The digging abilities of a badger.

Vixen's claws/nails are particularly sharp and tough, enabling her to rend through a variety of substances, such as fabric, wood, cinder block and even soft metals with ease. Her claws are magically enhanced and can draw blood from individuals who are considered highly durable like Geo-Force, Despero and Superman.

Occasionally, she has been known to physically transform into animals—for example, she has shape-shifted into a wolf, a great horned owl, and a cougar. Vixen can also assume a hybrid form, in which she maintains a humanoid form but with certain animal adaptations.

The totem also allows her to heal bruises and wounds within seconds by simply touching it.

While the full extent of Vixen's control over the morphogenetic field is unknown, she has on occasions drawn pure energy from it and displayed this energy as a force field and energy claws.

One apparent drawback of Vixen's powers is that she is not always able to control the inputs from the morphogenetic field. Sometimes, she has absorbed unwanted animal behavior, such as instinctive rage. The longer she stays in contact with the morphogenetic field, the less human and more animal she seems to become.

Vixen also has the ability to communicate with animals and can override the natural predator/prey instinct found in most wild animals.

Possesses Indomitable Will.
(Credit: Wikipedia)

Abilities:
Modeling
Clothing Design
Business Woman
Adventuring
Tracking
Unarmed Combat

Equipment:
Tantu Totem: Vixen wields an object called the Tantu Totem, a fox-shaped talisman, which enables her to tap into the "morphogenetic field" of the Earth, sometimes known as the Red. This allows her to mimic the abilities of any animal she can think of, by simply focusing on a specific animal abilities and then drawing it directly from the field. She has demonstrated the ability to hold onto the Morphogenetic traits of an entire forest of animals. The Totem isn't the source of her powers but rather helps her channel the power.

Brief Bio: In ancient Africa, there was a legend that the warrior Tantu asked Anansi the Spider to create a totem that would give the wearer all of the powers of the animal kingdom, if they would use the power to protect the innocent. It is possible that the "Anansi" who Tantu met, may have been a member of the alien race who gave Buddy Baker the ability to tap the Morphogenetic Field. Mari’s Tantu totem may tap into that same field. Tantu used the totem to become Africa’s first legendary hero. The totem was later passed down to Tantu’s descendants until it reached the McCabes.

Growing up in a small African village, Mari Jiwe McCabe heard the legend of the “Tantu Totem” from her parents. She was the daughter of Reverend Richard Jiwe, the village priest, who was her sole caretaker, as poachers, lead by a man named Kwesi, killed her mother years ago. Reverend Jiwe himself was killed by his half-brother (Mari’s uncle) General Maksai. Maksai wanted the Tantu Totem, which had been in Reverend Jiwe’s possession.

Now orphaned, she fled to America. She set up an identity for herself as Mari McCabe and used her beauty to become a well-known fashion model in New York City. She used her new found wealth to travel the world. On a trip back to Africa, she came across her uncle, and stole back the Tantu Totem, using its power to become the Vixen. (Credit: DC Wikia)

Voice Claim: Gina Torres

Image:

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Loves

there isn't much canon bio informationn for Zatanna that I could find. If there is something you would like me to change or add, I will be happy to do so.
I couldn't find her birthplace, does anyone know it?   
:)

Player Name:   Loves

Character Real Name: Zatanna Zatara

Codename: Zatanna

Known Aliases: none

Approximate Age: 28

Height:   5 Feet 7 Inches

Weight: 120 lbs - 34-24-35

Birthplace:

Metahuman Powers:   Zatanna usually casts spells by speaking verbal commands backwards. Overuse of her magical powers can deplete them to the point that further use of them starts to put a considerable strain on her physical well-being. The only way to restore her waning powers is an extended period of rest. Her powers are tied to her self-confidence. Should she find herself emotionally and psychologically shattered, she could risk becoming powerless, until she was able to restore her lost confidence.

Abilities:   Zatanna is a skilled illusionist, showgirl and stage magician even without resorting to her innate magical powers. She considers part of her "training" exercising sleight of hand tricks, and she claims to have invented a variation of the three card shuffle game called the "Zatara shuffle", in which she's so fast and precise that, even without resorting to cheating, only skilled gamblers are able to follow the movements of her hands.

Equipment: Stage costume, various magic “trick” equipment, cards (both regular player cards and tarot)

Brief Bio: Zatanna is flirty and sensual with a natural affection and curiosity that spills out in everything she does. Much like a friendly cat, she has a powerful need to learn everything she can about the people she meets, while keeping herself a mystery.

Zatanna makes her living as a stage illusionist. She discovered her magical abilities while investigating the disappearance of her father, magician Giovanni Zatara. During her search Zatanna stumbled into a few “wrong place, wrong time” scenarios, putting her in the role of “hero” (something she is not altogether comfortable with). Her exploits have not been as notable as others, though there have been a few rumors whispered about her ability to “grant wishes”. Of course, like most rumors, those searching for the truth often find themselves disappointed to find that the wish granter is not a reality. Only a few have discovered that Zatanna is much more powerful than some genie. 

Zatanna gives her loyalty sparingly, trust not coming as natural to her as curiosity. She spends a lot of her spare time training and keeping in top shape and can be found in various stores that specialize in religions such as Wicca and other related subjects.

Voice Claim: Serinda Swan

Image:

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Saleen Shadows

Are ya'll still looking for a male hero? I'm actually interested to see where this goes. Batman steered me over this way.

Batman4560

I do believe we are looking for another male or so.

Saleen Shadows

Does it have to be cannon? Because I've always wanted to test out a male version of Raven. He'd still have pretty much the same powers and everything as Raven, just a few differences.

apygoos

yes, canon
after some time in the games success we will open up the possibility of second and ocs

Saleen Shadows

Ok no problem. Let me do some research on one of my favorites. ;D

Saleen Shadows

Player Name:
Saleen Shadows
Character Real Name:
Kartar Hol
Codename:
Hawkman
Known Aliases:
Carter Hall
Approximate Age:
unknown (if any of y'all can tell me please do)
Height:
Same as above
Weight:
" "
Birthplace:
Thanagar
Metahuman Powers:
All incarnations of Hawkman used the fictional "ninth metal" or "Nth metal" to defy gravity and allow them to fly. The metal is in their costume's belt, boots, and wings. Its abilities are controlled mentally. Their wings allow them to control their flight, though they can be "flapped" through use of shoulder motions. In most comic books he is known to have slightly enhanced physical strength.
The Golden Age Hawkman was also gifted by the sea god Poseidon with the ability to breathe underwater.[3] He also discovered a hidden kingdom of sentient birds led by the old One-Eye, who taught him their language and later sacrificed himself to save the Hawkman's life.[4] Among the leading birds was a hawk named Big Red.[5]
The Silver Age Hawkman also had enhanced senses comparable (it was said) to a hawk's. He (and, sometimes, the Golden Age Hawkman) was also able to converse with birds, though he couldn't command them in the same way that Aquaman could command sea creatures. He also wore special contact lenses that allowed him to detect beams and radiation.[6]
The Silver Age Hawkman also possessed a Thanagarian police space ship and a variety of science fictional weapons.
Abilities:
Flight
Health Regeneration
Enhanced Strength
Equipment:
A mace, net, spear, or sheild
Boots
Belt
Wings
Brief Bio:
Katar Hol is an honored police officer on his homeworld of Thanagar. Along with his wife Shayera, they use the anti-gravity ninth (also known as Nth) metal and their wings to fight criminals. These were the tools of an elite police unit tasked to track and apprehend the most dangerous criminals. The pair were sent to earth in 1961 to capture the shape-shifting criminal Byth. Following this mission, they elected to remain on Earth to work with authorities in the United States and learn human police methods. The two adopted covers as a pair of museum curators, Carter and Shiera Hall.
Voice Claim:
James Remar
Image:
Warning:Large pic

Courtesy of Wikipedia, Google, and BehindtheVoiceActors. :D

apygoos

hell yea Hawkman
im REALLY loving how this team is shaping up

Carny

So, yeah, running into a small issue as I do the research on Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan in particular. Given the proliferation of kinds of rings, groups of vari-colored Lanterns, and of course the ever-popular retcons, Hal's power level, even just as Green Lantern, is a bit hard to pin down.

I know that's true of a lot of heroes, Superman being another huge problem in that respect, but still, any advice would be appreciated on where to pin him down.

Some things are pretty consistent, of course. Others, not so much.
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

mia h

Quote from: Carny on January 10, 2014, 04:37:05 AM
So, yeah, running into a small issue as I do the research on Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan in particular. Given the proliferation of kinds of rings, groups of vari-colored Lanterns, and of course the ever-popular retcons, Hal's power level, even just as Green Lantern, is a bit hard to pin down.

If it's their comic then they are the strongest\faster etc....  ;D

apygoos

Quote from: Carny on January 10, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

I know that's true of a lot of heroes, Superman being another huge problem in that respect, but still, any advice would be appreciated on where to pin him down.

Some things are pretty consistent, of course. Others, not so much.
one thing that is constantly said in both movies and comics alike: the green lantern power ring is arguably one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. his constructs have withstood hits from superman before. Hal is also arguably the strongest of all the Green Lanterns. in the end his power and constructs he come up with are ultimately limited by his will.

Wajin

Quote from: apygoos on January 10, 2014, 07:12:47 AM
one thing that is constantly said in both movies and comics alike: the green lantern power ring is arguably one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. his constructs have withstood hits from superman before. Hal is also arguably the strongest of all the Green Lanterns. in the end his power and constructs he come up with are ultimately limited by his will.

It should be said though, that even though his constructs have withstood isolated hits from superman, in general his constructs break under very heavy beatings.

apygoos

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 10, 2014, 07:21:47 AM
It should be said though, that even though his constructs have withstood isolated hits from superman, in general his constructs break under very heavy beatings.
well yes, if the attack is sustained.
prime example of this is form Justice League: Doom, where Hal is able to literally hold in place a solar flare for several minutes before the construct finally breaks.
at the end of the day: a green Lantern is only as strong as their will power and creativity.

Carny

Thanks for the advice, all. Welcome to issue #1 of Green Lantern and his Amazing Friends, the rest of the Justice League. (Just for you, mia :) )

JD, yeah, I get what you are saying. Rest assured I don't intend to put forward that GL can casually ignore Superman beating upon his constructs. Besides, if GL and Superman really went at it, Batman would just pull out his long-laid plan for just such an eventuality and clean up both of them. Well, maybe. :)

I'll get a sheet up after I've had a bit of sleep. I think I'll keep GL's powers description very similar to what apygoos said, short and sweet, rather than try to enumerate every single trick up the ring's sleeve.
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

mia h

Quote from: Carny on January 10, 2014, 09:10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice, all. Welcome to issue #1 of Green Lantern and his Amazing Friends, the rest of the Justice League. (Just for you, mia :) )

Personally I think Kori & the Firelets #1 sounds wayyyyyy better  :P

apygoos

Carny

So here he is....

Player Name: Carny

Character Real Name: Hal Jordan

Codename: Green Lantern

Known Aliases: None as yet.

Approximate Age: Mid 30s

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180 lbs.

Birthplace: Coast City

Metahuman Powers: As Green Lantern of Sector 2814, Hal wields a power ring provided by the Guardians of Oa. The power ring draws its energy from the Central Power Battery on Oa, via a smaller lantern battery in Hal's possession. The ring(s) are perhaps the most powerful weapons in the universe, their utility in attack, defense, mobility, access to information, and many other useful abilities limited only by the creativity, will, and often the personality and scruples of the user. Hal is generally, though grudgingly by some, acknowledged to be the most powerful Green Lantern.

Abilities:
Notably indomitable will, in a universe that contains both Batman and Superman for purposes of comparison.
Hand to Hand: Solid skills, but he's no super martial artist or 'warrior born.'
Pilot: Can pretty much fly anything.

Equipment:
Power ring, as noted above, and Green Lantern power battery.

Brief Bio: Hal Jordan was a fighter test pilot for Ferris Industries. That all changed when on one day, he was mysteriously transported to a crashed spaceship. There he met Abin Sur, a Green Lantern. Abin Sur was dying and offered Hal the opportunity to succeed him. Hal Jordan accepted. He became the Green Lantern of Sector 2814, and has been protecting that Sector, and Earth, ever since.

Voice Claim: Ryan Reynolds

Image:
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

RubySlippers

Player Name: Rubyslippers

Character Real Name: Mareena

Codename: Aquagirl

Known Aliases: None

Approximate Age: 18

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 141#

Birthplace: Atlantis

Metahuman Powers: Undersea Adaptation (includes paranormal strength, damage resistance, super swimming etc.), Communicate and Control Sea Creatures and Hydrokinesis

Abilities: Atlantian Education (science and technology), Genius Intellect, Expert Atlantian Warrior

Equipment: Atlantian War Trident (nearly indestructible, sonic power blast, touch sonic shockwave), Armor Breastplate (nearly indestructible).

Brief Bio: Aquaman's cousin she exceled in science and technology studies, combat and had potent metapowers leaving Atlantis recently to uphold Atlantian justice on the sea with not much knowledge of the wider world. She is openly homosexual and hates abuses on the seas as a crime.

Voice Claim: Susan George

Image:

MaiMizzu

MaiMizzu

Player Name: MaiMizzu

Character Real Name: Princess Diana of Themyscira

Codename: Wonder Woman

Known Aliases: Diana, Princess, Legs

Approximate Age: 29

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 150 lbs

Birthplace: Themyscira

Metahuman Powers:
Wonder Woman receives her powers as a blessing from Olympian deities
•   Demeter, the goddess of agriculture and fertility, blessed Diana with strength drawn from the Earth spirit Gaea. Her connection to the earth allows her to heal at an accelerated rate so long as she is in contact with the planet.
•   Pallas Athena, the goddess of wisdom and war, granted Diana great wisdom, intelligence, and military prowess. Athena's gift has enabled Diana to master over a dozen languages (including those of alien origin), multiple complex crafts, sciences and philosophies, as well as leadership, military strategy, and armed and unarmed combat.
•   Artemis, goddess of the hunt, animals, and the Moon, graced Diana with the Eyes of the Hunter and unity with beasts. The Eyes of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses, including telescopic vision and super hearing.
•   Hestia, goddess of hearth and home, granted Diana sisterhood with fire. This power has been shown to control the "Fires of Truth," which Diana wields through her lasso, making anyone bound by it unable to lie. This ability also grants her resistance to both normal and supernatural fire.
•   Hermes, the messenger god of speed, granted Diana superhuman speed and the ability to fly. She is capable of flying at speeds approaching half the speed of light. She can react quickly enough to deflect bullets, lasers, and other projectiles with her virtually impenetrable bracelets.
•   Aphrodite, goddess of love, bestowed Diana with stunning beauty, as well as a kind heart.
While not invulnerable, she is highly resistant to great amounts of concussive force and extreme temperatures. Edged weapons or projectiles applied with sufficient force, though, are able to pierce her skin. Due to her divine origins, Diana can resist many forms of magical manipulation.

Abilities: Diana is a masterful athlete, acrobat, fighter and strategist, trained and experienced in many ancient and modern forms of armed and unarmed combat, including exclusively Amazonian martial arts.

Equipment: Lariat of Hestia, or Lasso of Truth, was forged by Hephaestus from the golden girdle of Gaea. It compels all beings who come into contact with it to tell the absolute truth and is virtually indestructible. Diana wields the lasso with great precision and accuracy and can use it as a whip or noose.
Her bulletproof bracelets were formed from the remnants of Athena's legendary shield, the Aegis, to be awarded to her champion. The shield was made from the indestructible hide of the great she-goat, Amalthea, who suckled Zeus as an infant. These forearm guards have thus far proven indestructible and able to absorb the impact of incoming attacks, allowing Wonder Woman to deflect automatic weapon fire and energy blasts. Diana can slam the bracelets together to create a wave of concussive force

Brief Bio: Wonder Woman is Princess Diana of the immortal Amazons from Greek mythology.  When army pilot Steve Trevor crashes on the warriors’ secluded island paradise, Diana wins the right to escort him home and make her people known to the world.

Voice Claim: Susan Eisenberg (Justice League Unlimited)

Image:

apygoos

Player Name: apygoos

Character Real Name: Bruce Wayne

Codename: Batman

Known Aliases: the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight, The Bat

Approximate Age: 35

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 210lbs

Birthplace: Gotham City

Metahuman Powers: N/A

Abilities: Indomitable Will: Although he has no superhuman powers, Batman's unstoppable determination and strength of will make him an extremely formidable opponent. This makes him able to function while tolerating massive amounts of physical pain, and also allows him to resist telepathy or mind control. His willpower is strong enough to operate a Green Lantern Ring when necessary.
Intimidation: It is widely known that Batman has the ability to instill fear in others, even the people that know him best are intimidated by him. Even those who aren't afraid of the likes of Superman fear Batman. His ability to inspire great fear made him eligible for induction into the Sinestro Corps, although he was able to fight off the power ring's control.
Interrogation: Batman is adept in interrogation techniques, often using law enforcement methods as well as torture. Several methods seen include hanging a person over the edge of a building by one leg or chaining a person upside down and beating them. He usually just plain uses his frightening appearance to get answers. "Fear is an excellent motivator" he once said.
Peak Human Conditioning: Through intense training, specialized diet, and biofeedback treatments, Batman represents the pinnacle of human physical prowess. His physical attributes exceeded that of any Olympic level athlete that has ever completed.[ Strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and coordination are at peak human perfection. Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11 and then intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18. Bruce Wayne, since the age of 15, has created a strict diet to enable his body to develop and operate at its most proficient, along with biofeedback treatments (using portable/non portable machines to stimulate muscles to contraction). Batman has performed amazing physical feats due to his superior physique. He engaged in an intensive regular regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition, and has often defeated opponents whose size, strength, or other powers greatly exceeded his own. He has spent his entire life in pursuit of physical perfection and has attained it through constant intensive training and determination.
Peak Human Strength: Batman regularly bench-presses at least 1000 lbs. during his exercise routine.
Peak Human Reflexes: Bruce's reflexes were honed to such a degree that he has caught one of Green Arrow's arrows in mid flight when he tried to shoot him. He has also been able to dodge point blank gunfire.
Peak Human Speed: He could run at speeds comparable to the finest competing athletes.
Peak Human Endurance: His endurance was comparable to that of the finest Olympic Decathlon participant.[citation needed] His lung capacity was so great that he could hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. He can survive in the airless vacuum of space for exactly 27 seconds.
Peak Human Agility: His agility was greater than that of a Chinese acrobat and an Olympic gold medalist gymnast.[citation needed] His main phase of movement was Parkour which he learned in France and used that to scale the cities rooftops in an acrobatic manner.
Acrobatics: He is proficient in gymnastics and acrobatics.
Martial Arts: Bruce is well trained in multiple martial arts, he is known as the man who has mastered 127 forms of martial arts. His primary form of combat[citation needed] is an idiosyncratic admixture of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Dragon Style Kung Fu, Boxing, Jujitsu, Ninjitsu and Capoeira.[citation needed]
Weaponry Through his martial arts training, he has become an expert on all melee weapons. Wayne has displayed exceptional sword fighting capability and proficiency with knives, sticks and various other weapons. He practices during his combat sessions to keep his skills intact, but he prefers unarmed combat.
Stealth: His Ninjutsu training has made him a master at stealth and capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected.
Marksmanship: Wayne is an expert marksman skilled. He is skilled with throwing projectile weapons, archery and firearms. He has been practicing such skills since the early days of his training and is almost on par with the Green Arrow in terms of accuracy.
Genius Level Intellect: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander; he is widely regarded as one of the keenest analytical minds on the planet. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them.
Polymath: He has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography, & History. Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensic sciences, Computer Sciences, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 21. He has mastered Diverse Environmental Training, Security Systems, and illusion/sleight of hand by the time he was 23. He gained even more degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25. He had learned Forensic Sciences, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Expanded Device Pool use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supervillains; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. Has also learned Advanced New Development in Forensic and Medical Sciences.
Investigation: He is widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of Batman's most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at the correct conclusions with a fraction of the data.
Multilingualism: He is able to speak Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Greek, Portuguese, Arabic, Sanskrit, Hindi, Thai and possibly more.
Tactical Analysis: He commonly utilizes cunning tactics to outwit his foes. He is an excellent leader and at times commands the Justice League, Batman is known as one of the greatest strategists and tacticians in the dc universe, and once even Aquaman stated the same.
Escapology: He has been described as second only to Mister Miracle as an escape artist.[citation needed] He has been seen escaping from a Posey straitjacket in less than 52 seconds, and remarked afterwards that the time was way too slow for him.
Driving: Bruce is proficient at driving many vehicles like cars, motor bikes, trucks and he is also skillful at driving jets, helicopters and auto boats and small ships.
Tracking: Trained in hunting techniques by African Bushmen (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-eyed Brotherhood, among others).
Disguise: Has mastered the art of disguise by the time he was 23. Has further learned expanded disguise techniques by the time he was 26. Batman has many aliases he uses to infiltrate the underworld or just to go undercover in public situations. His current aliases are: Matches Malone, Thomas Quigley, Ragman, Detective Hawke, Sir Hemingford Grey, Frank Dixon, Gordon Selkirk, and Mr. Fledermaus.
Mechanical Aptitude: Proficient at combat driving. Has learned improved vehicle designs. Was trained and proficient in basic vehicles operations.
Business Management: Bruce Wayne has extensive skills and experience in business management, has thorough understanding of financial marketing and management and is often known as a example of successful industrialist and businessman on par to Lex Luthor.
Strength level
Peak Human Strength: Batman engages in an intensive exercise regimen, and because of this, his strength, like all other physical attributes, is at the peak of human perfection. He is shown to be able to bench-press at least 1000 lbs.

Equipment: Batsuit: The costume Batman wears is composed of reinforced Kevlar and a little percentage of titanium; it's bullet-proof and resistant to various types of attack (explosions, impacts, falls, etc...). It's also flame-retarding and insulating. The gloves and the boots are reinforced to rebound the impact of punches and kicks. The gloves have also some metallic blades on their sides. The cape is designed to provide the wearer with controlled gliding functionality with the ability to change directions and heights while in mid-air. The mask has a little percentage of lead, which shields the face of Batman from x-ray powers or x-ray technology, and incorporates an infrared and night visor, auditory sensors and a sonar. The mask is accessorized with some security systems (aggravating gas, electric blasts, etc.), like the utility belt, and integrates a transmitter receiver device de voice and video.
Utility Belt: Batman keeps most of his personal field equipment in a signature piece of apparel, a yellow utility belt.The utility belt has a button to call the car in a few appearances on Justice League, and a command for teleportation. Over the years it has contained items such as plastic explosives, nerve toxins, batarangs, smoke bombs, a fingerprint kit, a cutting tool, a grappling hook gun, torches, a "re-breather" breathing device, and lockpicks. Superman had entrusted Batman with a ring made of kryptonite, to be used should the Man of Steel ever need to be reined in (due to being mind-controlled by a villain, etc.). The Kryptonite Ring is contained in a lead pocket, in order to shield Batman from its radiations. The belt has also its own automatic security systems.
Batrope
Transportation
Batboat
Batcycle
Batmobile
Batplane
Weapons
Batarang

Brief Bio:
Early Life
Joe Chill murders Thomas and Martha Wayne

Joe Chill murders Thomas and Martha Wayne
As a young child, Bruce Wayne watched his parents murdered before his eyes. Thomas and Martha Wayne were walking home from the Monarch Theater one night with their son, when they were held up at gunpoint by a mugger who demanded the pearl necklace that Martha was wearing. When Dr. Wayne refused to surrender it, both he and Martha were shot dead in the streets. The killer was a criminal known as Joe Chill. Fortunately, physician and social worker Leslie Thompkins was making a house call that night, and arrived to give loving comfort to the traumatized Bruce. He was then raised on the Wayne Manor estate, with help from the wise and loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth. Bruce had very few friends during his childhood.

Training
Bruce Wayne swore an oath to rid the city of the evil that had taken his parents' lives. He spent his youth traveling the world, training himself to intellectual and physical perfection and learning a variety of crime-fighting skills, including chemistry, criminology, forensics, martial arts, gymnastics, disguise, and escape artistry.

At age 14, Bruce Wayne began his global sojourn, attending courses at Cambridge, the Sorbonne, and other European universities. However, he never stayed long and would often drop out after one semester. Beyond academia, Wayne successfully acquired various "practical" skills. While abroad, he studied and received training in multiple martial arts under various instructors and in different countries, man-hunting under Frenchman Henri Ducard, stealth and reconnaissance under the Japanese ninja Kirigi and other certified shinobi, hunting under the African Bushman (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-Eyed Brotherhood, among others), traditional healing disciplines under Nepalese monks and even ventriloquism under skilled practitioners . His knowledge of so many varied disciplines has made Wayne an unconventional and unpredictable individual. At age 20, he attempted to join the FBI, but after learning about its regulations and conduct, Wayne deducted that he would never be able to completely oppose crime while working within the legal system.

Batman Begins
Main article: Batman: Year One
Bruce Wayne returned to Gotham City after many years of study and training with his body and mind developed to perfection. Despite having all of the skills and methods to fight crime, he still felt that there was something missing in the completion of his physical and mental arsenal. Wayne discovered the answer late one night while sitting in his manor. He recalled his fear of bats as a child after a large one crashed through one of the windows; he ultimately decided to make his appearance resemble a bat's. Wayne designed himself a costume equipped with experimental technology and set out against the crime and corruption that thrived in Gotham City.

Wayne's tactics to oppose crime as a vigilante at night proved successful leading him to become an urban legend in Gotham City. He would reveal himself at a dinner of the most influential and corrupt figures in Gotham City promising them all that their reigns on the city would eventually end. Wayne's first ally is assistant district attorney Harvey Dent. Most of the Gotham City Police Department is sent in force to capture him. He gained his most powerful ally when he met police lieutenant James Gordon, one of the few honest cops on the force. The two developed a working relationship operating outside of the law when they needed to.

Bruce Wayne was on an excursion to the circus when he witnessed another tragedy that would shape his life. The parents of a young acrobat named Dick Grayson were murdered by the gangster Tony Zucco. He saw both great potential and something of himself in the boy that night. Although Bruce knew he could never replace Dick's father, he adopted Grayson as his legal ward to help him and provide guidance where he didn't have any when he was that age. He eventually revealed his secret identity as Batman. Dick wanted justice for his parents, and he agreed to a regiment of rigorous physical and mental training so that he could become Batman's partner. After several months Dick was finally ready to take to the streets as Robin, fighting crime alongside his mentor. They swore an oath late one night that they would fight together against crime and corruption, never swerving from the path of righteousness. Batman had realized for the first time that he did not have to be alone in his crusade.

Before he could go into action regularly, Robin had to pass a final exam and he proved himself by taking down the gangster Joe Minette. Their first adventures as a dynamic duo were a remarkable change in tone, with Robin's lightheartedness alleviating the grim seriousness. Dick's first solo mission was stopping Mad Hatter in a sex trafficking ring while Bruce was indisposed.[Everything changed when Robin was targeted by Two-Face. A double-gallows trap caused Robin to inadvertently cause the death of an innocent man, after which Two-Face beat him within an inch of his life using a baseball bat and made Batman watch. Batman refused to let Robin go out with him anymore after the boy recovered because he didn't want to put him in further danger. Dick had to prove again that he really wanted this life, demonstrating his competence and resolve. Dick eventually left Gotham completely to attend college at Hudson University.
Dick decided to give up his identity as Robin because he was growing into a young man and wasn't a child any longer. This was in addition to an incident where Bruce had fired him as his partner after Robin was shot off a rooftop by the Joker. While he was doing some soul-searching, he met and talked with Superman who inspired him with a story about a Kryptonian vigilante named Nightwing. He reinvented himself using this new name and designing a new Nightwing costume, intending to honor all of the people who had shaped him into the man he had become.[

Jason Todd
Some weeks after firing Dick and him becoming Nightwing, it's the anniversary of Bruce's parent's death. He makes his annual visit to Crime Alley to pay his respects. The alley is remarkably quiet – it seems word of this regular visit has got around the criminal fraternity. Despite this, Batman discovers that a young kid named Jason Todd has stolen the tires from the Batmobile. Retrieving his property, Batman is persuaded not to hand Todd over to the police or social services. Instead, Jason is taken to Fay Gunn's School For Boys where, once Batman has left, he meets a hostile reception.

Jason Todd, arriving at Fay Gunn's School For Boys, discovers that it is a front for a school of crime. Batman, of course, believes it to be a fine, upstanding institution, as does Vicki Vale, one of numerous reporters to have taken an interest in the school. Both as Batman and Bruce Wayne, he also uses his contacts to track down Jason's parents. It seems that his mother, Catherine, died of a drug overdose recently, while his father is believed to have been killed by Two-Face. Willis Todd evidently discovered too late that this was one boss you should never double-cross.

That night, Batman comes across Jason once more removing the tires from parked cars, and is amazed to hear the young man's tale of the even more worrying curriculum of the school. He then soon interrupts Ma Gunn and her boys at an art museum and, with the unexpected help of Jason Todd, prevents them from stealing the 'Smile of Death' necklace for the Joker. Impressed with Jason, Batman decides to take the boy on as the new Robin.

Death in the Family
Batman begins having problems with Robin's attitude, when the boy gets increasingly violent and careless during their crimefighting. The boy is still grieving over the deaths of his parents Catherine and Willis Todd, and Bruce takes him off active duty until he can keep himself in check. Jason learns through old records that the mother he knew was actually his step-mother, and his estranged birth-mother is still alive. Robin visits the middle east to track down his remaining parent and Batman comes along attempting to hunt down the recently escaped Joker. Searching across several countries eventually leads them to a doctor named Sheila Haywood, and Jason is reunited with her at last.
The Joker beats Robin brutally with a crowbar.

The Joker beats Robin brutally with a crowbar.
They learn that Joker is actually blackmailing the woman over an operation she botched several years ago, and is planning to steal the area's medical supplies and replace them with lethal laughing gas. Jason is betrayed by his mother when he tries to rescue her, and the Joker beats him within an inch of his life using a crowbar. The two of them are tied up in a warehouse set with a time bomb... and it explodes before they can escape. Batman arrives moments too late, and finds to his horror that both of them were killed in the explosion. Bruce feels responsible for the death of his young partner, having endangered him by bringing him into this lifestyle. There is a funeral held back in Gotham, but it must be kept quiet so that people don't link him to his secret identity. Batman is determined to take retribution against the Joker, because this time he has gone completely too far and his insanity can no longer be used as an excuse. Superman arrives to prevent him from doing anything he's going to regret, and Batman is so angry that he punches him in the face. They discover that while he was overseas, Joker was actually offered a position as the United Nations ambassador for Iran and now has complete diplomatic immunity. Batman is intent on having their final confrontation, and putting an end to his nemesis once and for all... he comes to see the villain's first political speech. Naturally, this is part of a plot to murder every single delegate with poisonous gas. Batman and Superman stop the massacre together, and Batman chases the Joker to his helicopter where they struggle in the air. The vehicle begins to crash, and Batman is barely able to dive out and save himself before the entire thing explodes. Joker's body is nowhere to be found, and Batman remarks angrily that this is the same way every conflict they have ends... unresolved.

Since Then Batman has become even more mysterious, if one could say that. The death of Jason Todd causes him to become very closed and reserved, not even responding to the calls of a concerned Dick Grayson. Nightwing continues to work in Bludhaven while giving the request to Superman to keep an eye on the Dark Knight when possible.

Voice Claim: Kevin Conroy

Image:

mia h

Batman4560

Each bit tells you what you need to know about a character with 75 years of history.

Wajin

I do have a comment to yours Apy, I thought we were going to be just starting our crime fighting career.... with a Death in the Family there, that marks like... the 10th year of Bruce Batmanning :P If not more... Hence why I also didn't mention Superman having met Batman yet, nor Darkseid for that matter, or fighting Brainiac or Zod.

RubySlippers

Hell Aquagirl will be seen by some nations as an Ecoterrorist at the start.

apygoos

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 13, 2014, 03:56:13 AM
I do have a comment to yours Apy, I thought we were going to be just starting our crime fighting career.... with a Death in the Family there, that marks like... the 10th year of Bruce Batmanning :P If not more... Hence why I also didn't mention Superman having met Batman yet, nor Darkseid for that matter, or fighting Brainiac or Zod.
its not your just starting, everyone has the ability of being decently established heroes, they just have never gone about actually forming a team.this is also why we havent launched ic yet, to make sure any details that need clarification are crystal before we start.
Bruce is 35 in this, so yes, it IS his tenth year batmanning :P but the cool side effect of that, batman is still this mysterious figure. with no JLA to be a public face of, his status among people is still up for great debate.

MaiMizzu

I'm going to have it so wonder woman has only been in the world of man for about a month and a half. So some may know of her,  but most of the general population wouldn't.

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 13, 2014, 02:57:34 AM
Each bit tells you what you need to know about a character with 75 years of history.
this too, imagine whati left OUT, even that, which i copied from the wiki, was trimmed. im pretty excited for this game~

Carny

If Hal has been Green Lantern as long as Bats has been active, depending on which Retcon you go with, he's already been dead, been Parallax and come within an inch of destroying pretty much everything, and has a collection of multi-colored power rings.

Just saying that Batman isn't the only character with a long and varied history, and a lot of writers tossing around mutually exclusive absurdities, so it might be worth talking more about where in continuity we are supposed to be.
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

apygoos

a conversation best suited for the ooc, methinks, that's the kind of things its there for! Hal does have alot of history. its all a matter of how long you think your Hal Jordan has been active. Batman is only as experienced in this RP as he is because the death of Jason Todd is a large plot device.

apygoos

Vixen, and Aquagirl have fallen out of contact, and are available for play, as we are now fixing to press forward with the game.