News:

Main Menu

Favorite Villain

Started by MasterMischief, September 13, 2011, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

With all the favorite threads, I thought we needed one that addressed one of the most important aspects of all time: Evil.  So come on, boys and girls.  Who do you love to hate?

I liked Magneto.  Sure, his methods were questionable, but at least you could understand where he was coming from.  He had seen the dark underbelly of humanity and knew it was only a matter of time before fear twisted the righteous again.  Better do unto others before they do unto you.

Slaven

Harley Quinn hands down. She's insane, devoted, and sexy. What more could a man want?
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Missy

Grand Moff Wilhuf Tarkin

The most awesome Bad Ass Bad Guy on star wars.

Shjade

Gary Oldman.

Any villain played by Gary Oldman.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Primoris

Quote from: Shjade on September 14, 2011, 12:06:55 AM
Any villain played by Gary Oldman.
Very good call that Shjade!

I'd add any villain from the Tick too.

Lilias

The Master.

Especially in his Derek Jakobi/John Simm incarnation.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Imogen

John Marcone from the Dresden Files.

Now, my list of favorite villains essentially is longer than my list of heroes. I adore villains and often find they drive the story much more than the hero, who'd get dull in a second if not for the villains opposing him or her. The Three Musketeers is one of my favorites in that regard: Cardinal Richelieu, Rochefort and Milady in ONE package! What more is there to long for?

Still, when it comes to a single villain it has to be Marcone. Because he's ruthless, all business with a soul as efficient as an accountant's and despite all that, he's more sexy than any white court vampire!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Sabby

For me, the best villains are the ones with the simplest of motivations. Like Venjix.

Venjix Tribute

At first, he was a Superman villain, always with the "I'll be back!" and "This time, Corinth will be destroyed!" and all the while, he simply sat in his base, letting others do the work. He got fed up, downloaded himself into a body, took the fight personally, and did extremely well, and then continued to contribute in person. And yet still he remained one dimensional.

Then, when he finally is on the verge of victory, and by extension, ending the human race entirely, we see his true motivations. He's just an angry child who never got to know him mum. She created him, was taken away before she could pull him in and give him his boundaries, without the parents guidance, he just destroyed everything, for as much reason as any kid destroys anything. None.

That's the scariest motivation for any villain. None.

Hemingway

Alysanthia

Rita Repulsa...

She was hilarious, had an awesome costume, and minions to do her every bidding.

Missy

Quote from: Hemingway on September 14, 2011, 04:19:20 PM
NOD Transmission Kane Lives

/thread

That game was pretty cool. I wish the acting had been better on the live action portions of it though.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Quote from: MCsc on September 14, 2011, 05:36:22 PM
That game was pretty cool. I wish the acting had been better on the live action portions of it though.
Kane's actor is probably the best in any of the C&C games, at least consistently. C&C 3: Tiberium Wars had probably the best acting of the whole series. They got Ironside and Billy Dee Williams. Trisha Helfer was in it too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on September 14, 2011, 05:42:49 PM
Kane's actor is probably the best in any of the C&C games, at least consistently. C&C 3: Tiberium Wars had probably the best acting of the whole series. They got Ironside and Billy Dee Williams. Tricia Helfer was in it too.

I removed the unimportant bits.

I'm joking, of course. C&C3 had great acting, and Joseph D. Kucan is ... I mean, I don't know if he could play anything but Kane, but he plays Kane so well. I mean, when you listen to him, you sort of get how the Brotherhood of Nod can have so many supporters. Heck, I'd probably join up. Add Tricia Helfer to the list and I wouldn't think twice about it. And that's despite how much I like Michael Ironside.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on September 14, 2011, 06:04:35 PM
I removed the unimportant bits.

I'm joking, of course. C&C3 had great acting, and Joseph D. Kucan is ... I mean, I don't know if he could play anything but Kane, but he plays Kane so well. I mean, when you listen to him, you sort of get how the Brotherhood of Nod can have so many supporters. Heck, I'd probably join up. Add Tricia Helfer to the list and I wouldn't think twice about it. And that's despite how much I like Michael Ironside.
C&C also boasts live-action performances from James Earl "Pay to hear him read the New York Phone book" Jones.

Jag

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 14, 2011, 04:50:02 PM
Rita Repulsa...

She was hilarious, had an awesome costume, and minions to do her every bidding.

And she married a galactic, evil warlord through the use of a love potion and even when it wore off he stayed with her because she's just that awesome.

<3 Rita
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ryven

I see your Rita Repulsa, and I raise you HIM from Powerpuff girls! ^-^

Sabby

Oh, yeah, Lord Zedd gets Power Rangers banned in New Zealand for being too creepy, and no one lifts a brow at the transvestite Satan with the perpetual rape face -.-

Slaven

Quote from: Ryven on September 14, 2011, 09:18:58 PM
I see your Rita Repulsa, and I raise you HIM from Powerpuff girls! ^-^

..I think you just won this thread.
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Wyrd

The Greatest villains EVER! Period.

The Dark Crystal "Skeksis Dinner"
Ragtime Dandies!

Ironwolf85

Kane from C&C was already mentioned he takes my number one spot for just being one of the most cunning and intelligent villians I've ever seen.
Cobra Commander not from the old Gi-joe, the newer Renegades series, he kinda reminded me of kane a bit.
basicly this cobra commander is dying of old age and disease, having single handedly built cobra into a world wide group and terrorist superpower, he's facing his own subordinates, trying to keep the sharks from smelling the blood in the water so to speak. at the same time he's trying to push for a cure, and keep the US military in the dark.
Then these joes stumble across his lab and fuck up his bio-viper project, and nearly expose cobra's dirty underbelly to the world.
he actually acts like the head of a "ruthless terrorist orginization" instead of his bumbling, buffoonish 80's counterpart.

other villians let me see...
in terms of pure and simple evil Soron from the Lord of the Ring's trilogy, not the movies, but the way he's described in the books as a sort of evil mind without a body that's been festering, and the only thing that prevents him from going to the afterlife is a ring, his one weakness. a being that casts a dark shadow across the land even beyond death, who's corruption tears down the greatest wizard of the era, playing on his desire for industry and greed, who controls all the dark things across the land wild and tame, and twists everything... and the battles were freaking brutal in the books, straight out of WW1.
Aragon and the heroes fought him not to win, but all as a distraction so that somthing so small... a pair of tiny hobbits. Could carry his anchor into the heart of his empire and destroy it.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Lilias

Quote from: Slaven on September 14, 2011, 11:15:09 PM
..I think you just won this thread.

Kiddie shows have the best flavour of evil around. Just ask Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz.

Or was that kiddie evil?

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

jouzinka

When I was a little kid, the villain I was most scared of was Gmork!
Neverending Story Clip - Gmork Scene
[noembed]The end of the previous scene[/noembed]. For some reason it's cut out of the previous vid.

A little later (but really only a little) I was scared shitless by a villain in the Maiden and the Monster tale. It was made in 1978 (void of all CGI, boy, it's a sight for sore eyes) when Juraj Herz was politically prosecuted by the regime and was forbidden to create real movies, so he at least made a fairy tale. Only it's not a fairy tale, it's a full-blooded horror! And a very clever one. You don't actually see the monster until almost half of the movie had passed - until then you only guess while you're served terrified looks and shocks of those who happen to cross the path of the monster as he spreads the terror, aided by his (mostly) repugnant servants, always sulking secretly in the shadows.
Panna a netvor 2
The end when the talons dig into the woman's tender flesh and she collapses still gives me chills.

You rarely get to see things clearly, blatantly, more likely they are just hinted. Like here when the maiden [noembed]uncovers the story of the castle and its owner[/noembed].

It's as dark, creepy and suggestive as it just can get from the first second. It's also underlined by an incredibly enigmatic and atmospheric music (by Petr Hapka) from the [noembed]opening credicts[/noembed].

Today I would have to go with [noembed]Khan Noonien Singh[/noembed]. ;-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jag

Quote from: Wyrd on September 15, 2011, 12:01:56 AM
The Greatest villains EVER! Period.

The Dark Crystal "Skeksis Dinner"

Hehe, Skeksis. I love that movie, but yeah, those were scary.

One of my friends at the call center threw his headset off one day and yelled, "She sounds like a damn Skeksis!"...it made us all laugh till he put her on speakerphone and we heard that she really did sound like one. Then we all just shuddered.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment