The Hellfire Club... Georgian England...Historical... Seeking female writer

Started by DickHirtz, February 24, 2012, 10:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickHirtz

Hello
I joined this community approximately a year ago. The vagaries of life pulled me away from any possible commitment. I hope that a literate female writer with an interest in an Historical thread will give this a read and contact me.

Sir Francis Dashwood was a famous libertine in Georgian England, a Baron and a rake who rubbed shoulders with the king and frequented the taverns and brothels of London. He is purported to have started the "Hellfire Club".

It is believed that he redecorated the chapel and crypt on his estates and created a "lair iniquity."  Rumor has it that he had both male and female members within the club who participated in sexual rituals and unabashed depravity. It is said that they used and abused the local peasantry without conscience. Very little is known of their real "goings on" but many an imagination has dwelt on the possibilities. This leaves us free to reinvent the history.

I would like to find a writer who will play many characters. I will do the same. I find that group roleplays get unweildy and lose focus. Let me know if you are interested and we can kick around the idea. I have written a possible opening to the piece wherein Sir Francis Dashwood meets the Lady Fiona Willis. His first female member...

The Hellfire Club

“And what makes you think Dashwood that only men can be ribald and lewd; that only men can plumb the depths of depravity?” Lady Willis stood up on the bench behind Dashwood and poured a tankard of ale over his head. He was set aback by the dousing but even more by the fact that the renowned Lady Fiona Willis had been eavesdropping upon his conversation. “Is this lewd enough for you fine gentlemen?” she continued. With that, she hoiked up her skirts and petticoats revealing her naked cunny to the entire table.

“Well I’ll be buggered,” laughed Dashwood. The entire inn broke into spontaneous applause. Sir Francis stood and proffered an exaggerated bow to the Lady.  She extended her own hand and waited for him to take it. Then, she daintily stepped from the bench like the queen herself and joined the gathering of gentlemen. “Do you honestly believe Lady Willis that a woman could participate in a club in the nature of the one I am proposing.”

“Was it not Teiresias in Greek mythology who had lived as both a man and a woman... did he not argue that on a scale of ten, women enjoy it nine times to men’s one.`` she pulled a handkerchief from her bodice and proceeded to mop Sir Francis` beer soaked brow as she spoke.

“She makes a point Dashwood,” enjoined Lord Radley from the end of the table. “A beautiful point.” Lady Willis blew him a mock kiss.

I am proposing a club called “The Hellfire Club”, devoted to all manner of licentious and libidinous behaviour. Our motto is to be Fais ce que tu voudras : do what thou wilt. Our actions will be based on the erotic french novels so much in vogue nowadays. Why should the French have all the fun?”

“And you believe that a men can immerse themselves in sexual pursuits with more ardor than a woman. Why sir a man can ride the boat but once then must perforce step ashore. Whereas a woman can dally paddle and cruise the live long day. A man’s primary pursuits are advancement, acquisition and esteem. A woman’s pursuits are ever amore, amore, amore. You think that we ladies would be shocked to hear your lewd conversations...you rakes would blush like spotless maidens to hear ours.”

“I bow to your persuasion Lady Willis but fear that you are one woman in a thousand. There are few to meet your metal I’ll wager.” Sir Francis looked round the gathering for support and met with a gaggle of nodding heads.

“Why is that a challenge Sir? I charge you to appear at my apartments tomorrow at three and I will produce five ladies interested in your burgeoning “Hellfire” society... 327 Charring Way... Three o’clock... Sir Francis Dashwood...Three o’clock.
Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.
Woody Allen

DickHirtz

I have found a co writer and have posted the thread in the NC small group section of the board. After we get into the storyline and establish the premiss. We will consider adding another writer. Please PM myself or Dashenka if you are interested.
Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.
Woody Allen