A funny thing happened on my way to the forums...

Started by Iridial, January 21, 2017, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iridial

I saw an interesting concept discussed this morning in SB; thoughts from veterans who would like to go back through the application process and have the questions.

What do you guys think about starting such threads for fun, perhaps its own forum section really?
Each thread would be a different question that can only be answered by people who've been a member for 6 months or more.

Thoughts or refinements of this idea?

Cassandra LeMay

Given that I was part of the folks who came up with the idea I am (obviously) all for it.  ;D

I am not sure about the six month requirement. 3 or 4 months should do just fine, I think.

And it might need a rule about how frequently new questions can be asked. We might need the questions to be asked sparingly, not too many at a time or it gets  too crowded perhaps? Maybe one question every few days, or two questions each week, or something like that?
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Iridial

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on January 21, 2017, 08:34:25 AM
I am not sure about the six month requirement. 3 or 4 months should do just fine, I think.

And it might need a rule about how frequently new questions can be asked. We might need the questions to be asked sparingly, not too many at a time or it gets  too crowded perhaps? Maybe one question every few days, or two questions each week, or something like that?

sounds like a good plan.  I had only said 6 months to people a little more distance between the process, but 3 or 4 would work just as well I'm sure. :) I'm thinking this would really almost need its own section in the forum if we get enough interest.  Or maybe there's another way to organize it?  I'm still new here so I have zero clue on that at this point.  I haven't explored the ins and outs of the site enough yet.

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Flower

Hey! I know I'm late to the party but I do think this is a marvelous idea. Sometimes it's nice to have something lighthearted to respond to on the forums. You wouldn't need a new section. The mods don't really do that for these types of threads. It could either stay in the forum socializing or be located in adult socializing.

It could be set up like a few other threads. Ask the next person a silly question. The person asks the silly question and the leaves a new one for the next person. The person could also have the option to pass along the previous question if they can't think of one.

Lady Shadow

OP: Perhaps you can start a "Silly Question" Thread right here! I mean I don't want to take your idea, but just call it that. "Silly question thread" I am sure there will be many posters who will come along and participate.  i mean it's not EXACTLY what you were going for but it could be a start!
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~