Imperial Intrigues M/M, a little M/F

Started by NekoBoy89, February 18, 2010, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoBoy89

Imperial Intrigues

The Base thread

Basic idea
A vast empire rules during an eastern era of time with dangers and intrigues, the ruler of this vast kingdom is the young Emperor Tai Shun. He is known for his strength and ruthless personality, as well as his weird liking to be with people of the same sex as himself. Something the man does care to hide since he can do just whatever he feels like doing. Outwards Tai is also a leader to his people, he cares for them like a good ruler and was much better then the brutal nature of his father, he is well aware that if the people are unhappy they will try to take over. Because of this he makes sure to be on their good graces, but also putting away taxes for the army just in case some other country would try to attack them. But so far that is not happening since he also does his best to keep the other leaders pleased with gifts in the area of slaves and objects. But Tai is a lover of the good things in life, throwing parties and feasts is not uncommon or unheard of.

Being 27 years of age it has long been on his shoulders to get a woman to bring him an heir, he is aware of this and knows that he has to marry someone sooner or later. But he is not in a hurry and has over the years gathered a collection of lovers/servants/concubines to keep him company and give him pleasure. He is the kind of man that wants to know he is in control, ordering his lovers around is one of things. But he is far from cruel and will reward any servant that serves him in the way that pleases him. He also likes to think about them all as jewels in his crown, making them attend to his parties and sometimes meeting in a fashion to show power. Sometimes he can borrow out a lover to a guest if that person is on his good side. No surprise that his room is filled with soft pillows and carpets of the best kind, also that he made sure to only let the ones he really trusts share his bed during the nights. There might be magic at play to because so far no one has tried to assassinate him and succeeded. But this is just loose rumors and nothing more then that. But there is something magical about the emperor himself, he seems to be from another world with the aura of power he spreads and the powerful look in his eyes.

Players
I myself will take on the role as the emperor in this little group RP, I will also take the role as gm to act as different smaller npcs that might be needed thought the game. The other parts can be many things people feel like playing. Lovers, Servants or family? Maybe visitors or just friends. People can always play as a gift from some other kingdom sent to impress Tai or win his favor? But the most wanted thing is the lovers, since I have had this idea in my head now and want((I changed the tense of this word to do something nice with it. All players in for some Male/Male loving RP with intrigues and powerplay. The lover making the emperor happiest will without a doubt be the one more to his favor. It will not be such a large group RP to begin with, but it might grow into more things as we play along? Only time will tell and I for one have a feeling that an RP like this is going to be interesting. This can stretch between the lines of Light sex to Extreme, so people beware of that fact. 

Lovers
MzNurse
Family
None
Friends
Eden: close friend/close to lover
Servants/Others
Doomsday: Minister
Android: Jester

Character list

Lǎo Fáng (老防)(Servant/Minister)
(I'm not sure if this set in actual China, and if it is in what era, so I'll leave all geographic terms out of my bio)
Fang is the second oldest of four children. His parents were horselords and horse breeders in the frigid northwest plateaus, but Fang received a ministerial education farther to the south and east, in a much larger city. One evening, when Fang was still a teenager, he was riding his horse outside of the city when the beast was spooked and he was thrown off the saddle. The fall itself would have been only minor, but he had been riding at some altitude and slid down a steep slope for several hundred yards until he came to the bottom.

A day later he was discovered, broken and dehydrated and brought back to the city. Thankfully for him, his horse had wandered back to the city alone, arousing concerns for Lao Fang's health. His legs were broken in several places, and he was dotted with bloody wounds from the fall. These would fade with time though, and even his legs would heal, although he would be permanently hobbled with a limp, caused by an irregularly healed ligament in his left knee.

When his education was finished, his academic and ministerial aptitude had become the notice of the emperor, and went to work in the imperial city. Soon, he had earned the respect of Emperor Tai.

He is known for his cool head, a dark humor, and a crooked but charming smile.

Feng Bao (Eden)(Close friend)
29, 5'7"
Arrogant and quick with his tongue and temper though he knows how to hold both. Married, soon-to-be-father, Feng keeps her out of sight and is ruthless and ambitious enough to have her involved in a fatal accident should something better present itself. Close to the Emperor, he has no desire to see his friend be killed or loose the court's favour, he is Tai's most adamant supporter.

Name: Ethan (MzNurse)(Servant/Slave)
Ethan was born a free child, sold away as soon as he was weaned from the breast. His mother never knew his father and couldn't afford the child. He was bought by a wealthy family, to act as a companion for their own newborn. At the age of five, Ethan accompanied the family on a sea voyage, where they were overtaken by pirates. While none of the adults survived, the pirates sold off the two blonde boys they discovered hidden in the wardrobe of the state room. He eventually wound up in the Emperor's Palace, at the age of eight, as an aide to Tai Shun.

Name: paiyou (Android)(Court Jester)
Jester, entertainer, critic, lover and loose canon. Has seen the emperor grow up in between his frequent visits to strange and far away lands. His true feelings are sometimes hidden behind the permanent smirk of his mask. Cunning, caring and sometimes manipulative, he knows how to get the emperor's blessing for his projects. As long as there is something in them to please the great man...

Anyone interested feel free to write so here, or send me a pm! I will make sure to add your request to the list.

Name:

Nadir

Oooh, I like this idea. I'm not sure if I'd prefer to play a lover or a friend... hummm...

NekoBoy89

Well that is entierly up to you.  ;) I mean if you want you can play both as a lover and a friend at the same time. Not all the lovers have to ber slaves/servants or anything like that. After all they could get to have some fun with some of the lesser lovers if that happens. 

Nadir

How about a friend on the verge of becoming a lover?

NekoBoy89

Now we are talking. Yeah that works perfectly Eden.  ;) After all Tai is not the person saying no when he finds that he have a romantic interest in one of his friends.

Nadir

NekoBoy89

So I set you name at the friend section for a start.  ;) things is going to change on that half, trust me. So what I want you to do now is think on a character name and a little basic things.  >:)

Nadir

Hummmmm... Eastern name... *digs about*

Feng Bao
29, 5'7"
Arrogant and quick with his tongue and temper though he knows how to hold both. Married, soon-to-be-father, Feng keeps his wife out of sight and is ruthless and ambitious enough to have her involved in a fatal accident should something better present itself. Close to the Emperor, he has no desire to see his friend be killed or lose the court's favour, he is Tai's most adamant supporter.

*smirks* Quite a sly bastard, but they can be good to have as a friend. Do you want any more detail on him?

NekoBoy89

No that is amazing, I love him. ^^ I will put him in the character list right away.

Nadir

NekoBoy89

we will star this as soon as we have a few more peoples. If no one comes we will start without them and people can join in as they come along. ;) I am thinking to create this in the extreme section just to be on the safe side, but I will have to give it some thought.

MzNurse

I'll play one of your slaves and later, when you're ready, play your wife, just like we discussed.  I'll get the character ideas to you in a few minutes.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

MzNurse

Name: Ethan

Ethan was born a free child, sold away as soon as he was weaned from the breast. His mother never knew his father and couldn't afford the child. He was bought by a wealthy family, to act as a companion for their own newborn. At the age of five, Ethan accompanied the family on a sea voyage, where they were overtaken by pirates. While none of the adults survived, the pirates sold off the two blonde boys they discovered hidden in the wardrobe of the state room. He eventually wound up in the Emperor's Palace, at the age of eight, as an aide to Tai Shun.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Doomsday

I'm not interested in M/M, but I'm thinking of a male character for this. Perhaps a servant of the Emperor?

I've played a looooot of Ancient China roleplays, especially in the Three Kingdoms era (though none on Elliquiy, it's all on another site).

NekoBoy89

Great character there Nurse, I love him.  >:) I will add him to the list and everything will be fine.

Well Doomsday that sounds like a really great idea, you do not have to do M/M if you do not want to. But you are more then free to join in on the rp anyway.  ;) Yeah a servant of the emperor works perfectly, I am sure he could be like a general or maybe some kind of servant in general at the palace.

I know that some people talking to me have said they would make female characters so that wont be a problem if you think like that, anyway as stated above I will also rp npcs that might arrive from time to time if I find that players are having a boring time.

Doomsday

Ok, cool. I imagine my character as a sort of palace minister, outwardly loyal but he looks out for himself first and foremost. I'll work on a character outline a bit later.

NekoBoy89

That sounds awesome.  :D I look forward to reading your character.  >:)

android

Hello all! I'd like to become the jester in this little game:

Name: paiyou (Court Jester)
Jester, entertainer, critic, lover and loose canon. Has seen the emperor grow up in between his frequent visits to strange and far away lands. His true feelings are sometimes hidden behind the permanent smirk of his mask. Cunning, caring and sometimes manipulative, he knows how to get the emperor's blessing for his projects. As long as there is something in them to please the great man...

NekoBoy89

Awesome! I love him and will put him right in with the others.  >:) A jester is always needed in a court.

Doomsday

Lǎo Fáng (老防)
(I'm not sure if this set in actual China, and if it is in what era, so I'll leave all geographic terms out of my bio)
Fang is the second oldest of four children. His parents were horselords and horse breeders in the frigid northwest plateaus, but Fang received a ministerial education farther to the south and east, in a much larger city. One evening, when Fang was still a teenager, he was riding his horse outside of the city when the beast was spooked and he was thrown off the saddle. The fall itself would have been only minor, but he had been riding at some altitude and slid down a steep slope for several hundred yards until he came to the bottom.

A day later he was discovered, broken and dehydrated and brought back to the city. Thankfully for him, his horse had wandered back to the city alone, arousing concerns for Lao Fang's health. His legs were broken in several places, and he was dotted with bloody wounds from the fall. These would fade with time though, and even his legs would heal, although he would be permanently hobbled with a limp, caused by an irregularly healed ligament in his left knee.

When his education was finished, his academic and ministerial aptitude had become the notice of the emperor, and went to work in the imperial city. Soon, he had earned the respect of Emperor Tai.

He is known for his cool head, a dark humor, and a crooked but charming smile.

Oh, Neko, if I may offer one slight suggestion? The Emperors of old China would take an imperial name when they were crowned. For example, the last Emperor of the Han dynasty was named Liu Xie, but he was called Emperor Xian during his reign. To his closest vassals he would still be Xie, but to his 'people' he was Emperor Xian. Sort of like what the popes do.

NekoBoy89

He looks like a great character really ^^ I am sure you will have some fun around the place, MzNurse said that she will take good care of you and I trust her words. ;) I will just add him with the others then.

Yeah no problem with Suggestions at all, hmmm I did not know what but it sounds familiar now that you say it. So if I am right Tai would have one name when around his close once....his real name so to speak. That would be Tai Shun. Then he would have a imperial name the people use when talking about him?

Doomsday

Yep, just like the current pope is known as Pope Benedict but his real name is Joseph Ratzinger. All of Tai Shan's close friends would still call him Shan, while in official concerns he would be Emperor ____.

For the emperors, I'm not sure how they derived the empirical names, so I imagine you can pick anything.

NekoBoy89

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion there Doomsday  ;D I will make sure to think of a cool emperor name and add it in the information.