Rock Band RP? (Full!)

Started by ThornsNotRoses, January 06, 2012, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThornsNotRoses

So I've been looking through my old RPs from back when I was fifteen and played on Gaia. Aside from being sort of shocked by what terrible Mary Sues my characters were, I can't help but think that it would be sort of fun to relive the good old days - and back then, rock band RPs were crazy popular.

Would anyone be interested in joining one? I'm thinking that focusing on the exploits of a single band would be best; a group of young (think collage age, or a bit older), eccentric, determined people, not yet famous though well on their way. Maybe they'll be spending the summer touring across North America, trying to make a name for themselves before autumn arrives (or they're broke, whichever comes first). I was thinking that a literate game with a lot of emphasis on plot would be fun, but considering their 'sex, drugs and rock 'n roll' aspirations, obviously they're going to find themselves in some rather raunchy scenarios.

I'd also like to keep this game open to LGBT themes and characters - mine will be MTF herself.

So I'd be playing Mimi St John. At twenty-three, she is a co-creator of The Band, and covers lead guitar as well as back-up vocals. She also does most of the melodic work.

As far as the parts go, we could probably use four to six characters altogether, depending on how many people are interested in joining. We'd need:

• A Lead Vocalist/Lyracist (JackWhite)
  • A Bassist (Visna)
  • A Back-up Guitarist (BlackShade10)
  • A Drummer (Aurora Wayland)
  • Possibly someone to cover other instruments - piano, violin, etc (Reia)
  • Someone else - a stylist, a manager, a roadie, a groupie, a random little brother tagging along. Whatever you like (Iblis121)

Not all the characters would have to start out knowing one another. Some may have been life-long friends, others could simply have a professional relationship - maybe one has been hired at the last minute, and has no idea what exactly they've gotten into.

So yeah. If you're interested in joining a RP about a bunch of eccentric, clashing personalities traveling cross-country in a shitty Winnebago, let me know! :D

Aurora Wayland

Visna

I'd love to be the Bassist. Depending on the group, I can be male or female. Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Reia

[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

ThornsNotRoses

Cool guys! I'll save you your places and try to get the profiles outlines to you ASAP.

Would anyone be interested in also taking the role of band co-leader?

ThornsNotRoses

Basically s/he writes the lyrics for the band's music, while my character takes care of the melodic aspects. I was thinking that they would have a long-term preexisting relationship (maybe they've been friends since highschool or something) which would have eventually led to them creating the band at eighteen or so, and then struggling ever since to get it noticed.

If you're interested, they could also have some sort of rocky romantic/physical component as well, but it's definitely not necessary. I just figured it'd add another layer to the band's overall issues, if their leaders have a fucked up sort of 'I love you but we break up three times a year' thing going on xD

JackWhite

I'm not such a lyrics writer but the other things sound interesting

ThornsNotRoses

Haha, well lyrics can be faked pretty easily xD

Since you're interested in your character being the lead singer, that could also add the aspect of them competing for the spotlight >3 (assuming your character is the sort to do that, that is).

ThornsNotRoses

Haha, sweet!

I'm just browsing the forums to figure out how character profiles/RP set-ups work around here, but I think I'll have most of it done by this afternoon/evening :) Unfortunately I learned to RP on Gaia, and they may do things differently than other sites, so I just want to be sure before I barge on fullsteam ahead...

Blackshade10

I'd be interested in playing the back-up guitarist if one the ladies wants to play the dom to my sub. :P
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

ThornsNotRoses

I PMed you, Blackshade :D

So in the meantime, does anyone have any idea what we should call The Band? I'm horrible at naming things, unfortunately xD

Blackshade10

JackWhite

Jack & The Groupies ;D

Or Beethoven's Legacy.

It sounds cool and it makes some sense since we use a piano/violin

Reia

I'm terrible at band names, or naming things in general. Beethoven's Legacy sounds interesting.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JackWhite

Quote from: Reia on January 06, 2012, 06:01:06 PM
I'm terrible at band names, or naming things in general. Beethoven's Legacy sounds interesting.

Jack & The Groupies doesn't?  ???

Reia

Quote from: JackWhite on January 06, 2012, 06:03:50 PM
Jack & The Groupies doesn't?  ???

*waves hand from side to side* Kinda? *smiles sweetly*
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JackWhite

I see. You want a classier name because you play a classy instrument.

ThornsNotRoses

Haha, I like Beethoven's Legacy too x3 Good idea!

Blackshade10

Reia

Quote from: JackWhite on January 06, 2012, 06:19:34 PM
I see. You want a classier name because you play a classy instrument.

Oh man, you see right through me! *pout*

Looks like that's our name?
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

ThornsNotRoses

Works for me! Is everyone cool with Beethoven's Legacy being based out of Vancouver? They won't be staying there for long.

So I guess we should start figuring out when and how our characters met - does anyone want theirs to be new to the band?