Training for Conquering: A Mass Effect Roleplay [Dark]

Started by thebobmaster, November 08, 2015, 01:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

It's been some time since the defeat of the Reapers. The galaxy is a better place, with no threat of something enslaving all intelligent species, or annihilating them. But not everyone is pleased with the current state of the galaxy. After all, at least one organization, Cerberus, was demolished through the efforts of Shepard. But even from the ashes, the Phoenix will rise! However, it is not enough to just copy the efforts of Cerberus, considering how that ended. To make Phoenix powerful enough to prevent one man from being able to destroy it, standards must be loosened for admittance, but not eliminated. Perhaps a recruitment drive could be beneficial...

---

This RP will basically take place about 25 years after the ending of Mass Effect 3. Which ending? An alternate ending where the Reapers were destroyed, but other AIs were left intact. Essentially, our characters will be "students" of the Phoenix "academy", training to earn their place in the group. It will not be easy, but should our characters succeed, they will have a place in a rising power, one hoping to do what Cerberus could not: take power and control of the government, and eventually the galaxy.

You may have noticed the line about standards being "loosened for admittance". The new Cerberus, going by Phoenix, is no longer human-centric. It's not about making humans the supreme power, but about making Phoenix the supreme power. For that reason, any species capable of helping with that goal is allowed a shot. That said, the rigors of the admittance process may not be easy for non-combative species.

This RP will be fairly dark, as the rules for the training amount to "don't get caught doing something bad" rather than "don't do something bad". If you are open to an RP where the limits are yours rather than mine, and with violence being part of the deal, please let me know via PM or post. As for the plot, nothing is set in stone other than what I have mentioned, so that can be hashed out as well. I hope to hear from someone, or even a couple of someones.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!