creatures of the forest (open)

Started by lasher, November 12, 2009, 03:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasher

as sin'arek lept from a branch nestled in the canopy of the huge blood-wood tree, he fell to a branch around twenty feet below his sharp, talons digging into the soft outer bark, causing the tree to release copious amount of red sap,where it got it's name. coiling his leg he lept accross the chasm that separated the tree from another, landind he used his momentum to catapult him through the forest, until stopping, a goodly distance away from his start to survey the floor, shrouded in mist, swirling and warping among the roots of the leviathans. he relaxed and let out a click of releif from his beak, a sign of satisfaction, he was garbed lightly, a thin vest barley covering his thin, wiry chest and shorts made of the same grey material, a small curved dagger hanging from a bandolier swung accross his chest. his skin a dull brown color, he was hunched, a characteristic of his race, with tough callouses behind his long head and on his knees and elbows. as he crouched and surveyed the floor below he saw shapes in the mist, silouettes that didn't belong, knowing he must warn others he leapt back the way he came schreeching a warning in his native tounge. (feel free to join, the forest is perpetually shrouded in mist, excpt for among the trees who are grown so thickly that no light can penatrate the forest floor, o have set the character istics of one race, and the player who joins as the other first will be able to make the race. feel free to make more than one character.) 

lasher

as sin'arek leapt from a branch nestled in the canopy of the huge blood-wood tree, he fell to a branch around twenty feet below his sharp, talons digging into the soft outer bark, causing the tree to release copious amount of red sap,where it got it's name. coiling his leg he leapt across the chasm that separated the tree from another, landind he used his momentum to catapult him through the forest, until stopping, a goodly distance away from his start to survey the floor, shrouded in mist, swirling and warping among the roots of the leviathans. he relaxed and let out a click of relief from his beak, a sign of satisfaction, he was garbed lightly, a thin vest barley covering his thin, wiry chest and shorts made of the same grey material, a small curved dagger hanging from a bandolier swung across his chest. his skin a dull brown color, he was hunched, a characteristic of his race, with tough callouses behind his long head and on his knees and elbows. as he crouched and surveyed the floor below he saw shapes in the mist, silhouettes that didn't belong, knowing he must warn others he leapt back the way he came screeching a warning in his native tongue. (feel free to join, the forest is perpetually shrouded in mist, except for among the trees who are grown so thickly that no light can penetrate the forest floor, o have set the characteristics of one race, and the player who joins as the other first will be able to make the race. feel free to make more than one character.) 

lasher

(bottom one is with better spelling.

Lunarking

In from the tall tree tops in the Forest Swoons down a mighty night owl, with something not quite right about him... The owl then lands on a low-hanging branch and turns into an elven knight somewhat unaware of where he is.

lasher

(i was hoping for something more dark   -_-)

Lunarking

(Dark?... Humph) All of a sudden the elven knight bursts into flames and out come a shadowy figure undiscerning to the human eye.

lasher

Ryven

The flashy display and screech was enough to alert just about anyone or anything.  Being the curious little creature he was, Nazgar crept through the brush and around trees toward where the burst of flame and screech had emanated.  He was careful to be quiet so as not to alert any baddies to his presence.

The small creature came upon a rather large tree with a very thick trunk.  It's branches stretched up to the dark sky to obscure it from beneath.  The mist was heavy and thick, but it was just how he liked it.  Nazgar crept around the tree until he was able to discern something in the midst with one red eye.  He reached a small green hand up to push his pointed hood back a bit, trying to get a better look, but whatever it was, it was too deep in the mist to see. 

He'd learned not to trust things he couldn't see, so for the time being, he laid in waiting until whatever it was would make itself known or come closer so he could get a better look.

Lunarking

Noticing the explosion and screech, Nazsune slowly creeps towards the site and notices a little creature... His voice raspy due to his exhaustion from traveling;

"Who are you?"

Ryven

His red eyes widen, and a small. "Ahh!"  Creeps from his mouth as his head ducks back behind the tree.  He made ready to run, his small chest rising and falling.  Nazgar was sure he was hidden, so how did whatever it was see him?

He swallowed hard before letting his tongue slip over sharp teeth.  The goblin risked another look, finding the thing standing in the same place as before.

Lunarking

All of a sudden Nazsune disappeared and reappeared behind Nazgar and spoke almost in a whisper;
                     " The question should be...What are you?"

Naszune was interested, he had never seen a creature such as this on his plain of existence.

Ryven

The figure disappeared from sight which confused Nazgar even more.  He gasped, his red eyes moving about to look and see where it might have gone, and when the goblin turned to look behind him, he nearly jumped out of his green skin.

"Ahhh!!"  He yelped much louder this time before his small feet began to move, making him bolt away as fast as he could.  Nazgar ran through the forest as fast as he could, fearful that whatever it was would end his small existence.

Lunarking

He screamed in his raspy voice;
        "Waaaaaiiit!"

Ryven

He ran a bit more until he was sure he'd gone far enough.  Nazgar slowed, finding another tree to hide behind.  The goblin began to catch his breath before peeking around in the direction he'd just come from, curious but cautious.

Lunarking

Naszune only sighed and slowly walked up to Nazgar, allowing the creature sometime to understand that he was heading to him. He called out;
                            "relax, I'm just a friend..."

Ryven

He heard the rustling leaves before the sound of the raspy voice called out to him.  Nazgar gasped, his brow lowering in fear and panic.  He wanted to run, but whoever it was claimed to be a friend.  Being extra cautious, he pulled his bow from his back followed by an arrow.  Holding them at the ready, he waited for the dark figure to approach.  If he turned out to be hostile, he'd plant an arrow right in him.

Lunarking

Naszune chuckled to himself as the creature drew his futile weapon. He proceeded to approach Nazgar with caution trying to make his outline more discerning for this creature, what ever it was.
                                   "relax..."

He sent a charming and very disarming smile to Nazgar as he approached slowly.

Ryven

He cocked an eyebrow, his red eyes taking in the more corporeal form of whatever this thing was.

"Eh?  Why shud I?"

The little green goblin said, ignoring the smile.

Lunarking

He notices the creature ignore his smile and glares at him;

"because, I am a friend"

He started walking a bit faster.

Ryven

His eyes widen as the thing approaches faster.  The smile turned to a glare which only made Nazgar fearful, and as the black figure approached closer, the goblin drop the bow and cowered near the tree with his arms covering his face.

"Ahhh!  Don't eat me!  Don't eat me!"

Lunarking

He stops and chuckles to himself again;

"relax, I just angry easily.... I'm Nazsune, and you are...?"

Ryven

A red eye peeked through a crack in his fingers.  The dark figure hadn't eaten him...and it seemed it didn't want to.  He slowly brought his hands down, his pointed green ears drooping in uncertainty.

"N-Nazgar.  I live in these wuds."  He said with a shaky voice.

(Sadly, I must go now. :-( )

Lunarking

"Nice to meet you... What are you?"

He asked with what seemed like never ending inquisitiveness.

lasher

as sin'arek lept through the trees he landed upon a branch and surveyed the area around him, seeing a goblin perched  on a tree sin'arek jumped to a higher branch and called down "Goblin! what are you doing outside of the brightwoods?"

(note: to anyone else who joins, i will be accepting no more races, either be goblin or jassari (race i invented) I'm also making up the world in which we live in, brightwoods: the only place where light can penetrate, here the goblins live in fierce, xenophobic tribes, in the center of the brightwoods lay hot springs where the shrines of the goblin religion are, the tree in the bright woods are large, bulbous, and have long,thin branches. the goblins are expanding lately and are opposed by the jassari, causing a rift that could soon lead to war. i hope you don't mind if i do a brief description of the goblins. small and thin the goblins have pointed ears, often heavily pierced with bit of bone being the ornaments, the goblins have to go through a painful ritual to reach manhood in which and elder marks their faces intil a pattern of scars develop, patterns vary from tribe to tribe, goblin armor is typically made of overlapping sheets of iron wood, bound together by sinew, and toughened in the hot-springs, making it flexible.)

lasher