Smutty Anthro Furry Homebrew D&D 5e Campaign-Interest Thread

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, September 24, 2018, 08:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 05, 2018, 04:05:39 PM
'Forsooth! An evil dragon! We must slay the beast!"
"Dude, we're level two..."
"nevertheless, for the cause of righteousness, we must fight! CHAAAARGE!"

it's much less of an issue in 5e, since Paladin is no longer alignment-restricted.

People who play Paladins like that shouldn't play paladins.

Bibliophilia

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 05, 2018, 04:05:39 PM
'Forsooth! An evil dragon! We must slay the beast!"
"Dude, we're level two..."
"nevertheless, for the cause of righteousness, we must fight! CHAAAARGE!"

it's much less of an issue in 5e, since Paladin is no longer alignment-restricted.

Honestly, that sounds more like a parody. Even if they were still restricted in alignment only a dickhead of a DM would insist the paladin of 2nd level fight a dragon because "it would be cowardly of a paladin". Im gonna cut the paladin some slack in that regard. In any case it would make sense for the paladin of second level to write to his order, or kingdom to send much stronger help in dealing with the dragon in said scenario. A lot of DMs I know would target paladins just to try and make them lose their paladin hood for the reason to be lawful or good. or some other cherry picking bullshit.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 05, 2018, 04:39:32 PM
Honestly, that sounds more like a parody. Even if they were still restricted in alignment only a dickhead of a DM would insist the paladin of 2nd level fight a dragon because "it would be cowardly of a paladin". Im gonna cut the paladin some slack in that regard. In any case it would make sense for the paladin of second level to write to his order to send much stronger help in dealing with the dragon in said scenario. A lot of DMs I know would target paladins just to try and make them lose their paladin hood for the reason to be lawful or good. or some other cherry picking bullshit.

I remember back in the dragonlance series... They had one of the sternest, most stubborn caracter there and even he would back out when shit was about to hit the fan.

Bibliophilia

The DM isn't insisting at all...none of us mentioned the DM at all...this is player choice.  There's a common thing of people who play Lawful Good just going way over the top and stupid with it.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on October 05, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
I remember back in the dragonlance series... They had one of the sternest, most stubborn caracter there and even he would back out when shit was about to hit the fan.

Sturm Brightblade was actually my favorite character.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 05, 2018, 04:39:32 PM
Honestly, that sounds more like a parody. Even if they were still restricted in alignment only a dickhead of a DM would insist the paladin of 2nd level fight a dragon because "it would be cowardly of a paladin". Im gonna cut the paladin some slack in that regard. In any case it would make sense for the paladin of second level to write to his order, or kingdom to send much stronger help in dealing with the dragon in said scenario. A lot of DMs I know would target paladins just to try and make them lose their paladin hood for the reason to be lawful or good. or some other cherry picking bullshit.

I mean, yeah, it was intentional hyperbole.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 05, 2018, 04:42:57 PM
The DM isn't insisting at all...none of us mentioned the DM at all...this is player choice.  There's a common thing of people who play Lawful Good just going way over the top and stupid with it.

True, none of you mentioned the DM at all. I just had a few stories put into my head on how some DMs got kicks out of making paladins lose their paladin hood. I will admit however that some PCs can be really... foolish when playing paladins. It's a sore subject since I strive for competent and well crafted paladins that aren't stupid.  My apologies on that.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on October 05, 2018, 04:07:18 PM
People who play Paladins like that shouldn't play paladins.

FTFY

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 05, 2018, 04:46:51 PM
True, none of you mentioned the DM at all. I just had a few stories put into my head on how some DMs got kicks out of making paladins lose their paladin hood. I will admit however that some PCs can be really... foolish when playing paladins. It's a sore subject since I strive for competent and well crafted paladins that aren't stupid.

For the most part, GMs here seem to be more mature. The only way I can imagine seeing that on E is if it was a pre-arranged 'turn my goody two-shoes into a fallen paladin slut.'
My current O/os (need work)

Bibliophilia

But, -any- alignment/class/race can be played in a really dumb way.  It's just that Lawful and Chaotic Stupid are both common tropes.

I personally prefer Chaotic Goooood.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 05, 2018, 04:50:55 PM
But, -any- alignment/class/race can be played in a really dumb way.  It's just that Lawful and Chaotic Stupid are both common tropes.

I personally prefer Chaotic Goooood.

Indeed. Although the funny thing is, Chaotic Stupid seems to come in three flavors ("I'm nice, but so wacky!" "I'm only in it for myself, screw you guys." "I just felt like killing the mayor. He was weak. Why?" while one hardly ever hears these complaints about Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil.

I've actually enjoyed a few LE characters. Being the pleasant, plotting, true-to-my-word-(usually) kind of evil is challenging and entertaining.
My current O/os (need work)

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 05, 2018, 04:56:26 PM"I'm only in it for myself, screw you guys." "I just felt like killing the mayor. He was weak. Why?"

Well... I mean I was about to kill the mayor and screw you guys... But I guess I'll just go for the latter.

:D

Laughing Hyena

Lawful Evil characters can at the very least work for a common goal it seems. Doesn't mean they won't stab you in the back if you aren't careful with the hubris of the agreement.

Winds Of Lust

I feel part of these stigmas come from those people that play those characters out to the extern because they want to screw the party. Maybe we’ve never played DnD eight that guy but anyone familiar with MMO or online multiplayer of any kind will know that there are just those people that ruin people’s fun because it gets them of characterized.

Big general I think LG gets a bad rap for the 10 percent that don’t understand the complexities you can play with in their. Honestly the only hard hard lines I try to hold my paladins to are their oaths not their alignment.

Isengrad

think the best example of a good Lawful good paladin had to be a story from 1d4chan called the powder keg of justice. Greatest intimidate check roleplay ever and it works well for the feel of a paladin.

There are a few other good examples of what a paladin should be. Big ears from the comic Goblins became a paladin and he described the constant Sense evil as remembering the worst memory of your life every time you sense it. When asked why anyone would become a paladin he answered with "So others don't have to."

on a side note all of this would be perfect for the ooc thread that we have

original artwork by karabiner

Laughing Hyena

Elven Sex Goddess

Giantmutantcrab

Hiro24

Hiro the HuskyWolf!

Xurtan

The last post to the thread was a year and a half ago or so, your best bet for that might be PMing the author and seeing if the game is still going. Average game lifespan is around two months or so generally. :)