Seeking GM/Players for small group adventure (maybe PF?)

Started by Ixy, August 14, 2011, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Leah

Muse and Wintercat:
Your character's aren't set to publicly viewable, so I can't really gauge from there.

Ixy:
Personally, I'm a huge proponent of the Fey bloodline Sorceress, but I am very biased towards that class.

Wintercat

Alright, my apologies, I thought I fixed that earlier. Okay, should be public sheet now.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Blue Leah

Ha. You weren't kidding when you said you put a lot of focus into your primary casting stat. Well, at least we know who has the best setup to be the party's "Face." :P

My only real concern with that build is that when you run out of magic, you're in a really rough position when it comes to contributing to combat. And I'm a big fan of providing varying amounts of encounters per day- especially as you get later on in the encounter. However, if you're comfortable making pure-casting your game plan, I'm all about letting it go where it will.

Wintercat

Quote from: TKtheExiled on September 01, 2011, 10:13:26 AM
Ha. You weren't kidding when you said you put a lot of focus into your primary casting stat. Well, at least we know who has the best setup to be the party's "Face." :P

My only real concern with that build is that when you run out of magic, you're in a really rough position when it comes to contributing to combat. And I'm a big fan of providing varying amounts of encounters per day- especially as you get later on in the encounter. However, if you're comfortable making pure-casting your game plan, I'm all about letting it go where it will.

To be honest, most Pathfinder games I've been involved with so far have had the ability points at 20 or 25, so the small amount left me wondering a bit. Yet at the same time I got to wondering to starting with Charisma 16 + 2 from the human ability, and spreadin 5 points as 12 & 13 for physical stats, but those would have still been a stopgap measure. I did consider the possibility of Oracle/Sorcerer with a plan for Mystic Theurge route as well, but given how I like single-class gaming and the pursuit of Immortality, the present idea came as the predominant one.

You are correct though, once his spells are expended he's not much help to the team anymore, not exactly a great situation..

I understand if you'd rather I got to work remaking entirely.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Blue Leah

I hear you; but as I said, it's entirely what you're comfortable building. If you want to use your 3k magic item to obtain some form of wand / stave / (insert spellcasting item here), you can add a decent amount of longevity to your build.

Now, as to the low point buy- I'm getting that it's a lot lower than most games out there, but it's honestly the point buy that I've had the most fun playing in the past. Especially when you add in traits to further specialize your characters. My logic when writing games has always been that Pathfinder is a system that really rewards focused, specialized builds- and a 15 point buy generally puts players into a position where they actually have to give something up in order to be able to do that. Meaning you very rarely have someone who's capable of "stealing the show" from other people in the party- everyone has things they're good at, and things they're not good at, which ((ideally)) generates situations where people in the party have to rely on each other to accomplish specific tasks. Sure, the rogue can crack the door... but with a -1 hp/level because of her 8 con, she needs the Barbarian to clear a path.

Wintercat

I can respect that, no problem with it. My aim as a spellcaster is usually to play a supporting role, and as such the healer view on the Oracle feels like a good way to go, while a bit curious in its own manners too. In anycase, if you are feeling I can manage with what I have shown, I'd like to try and go with it. I'll see about a wand possibly, I tend to usually focus on more permanent magic items but it might be necessary with this character given the lack of strength or dexterity to join in a fight with much power.
A&A

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blue Leah

Yep. Looks good at a first glance, and I'll be sitting down to take a closer look at all these side-by-side later.

Ixy

Glad we're doing ok here :)  you asked about must-haves-- In plot, I'd love to see some diplomacy to counter-balance the adventure parts, some elements of mystery and slow building tension, some travel to a variety of locations, and quick, exciting combat encounters.  If you mean erotic elements, I'd like to suggest no violent non-con please, but I'd like to request (if at some point it comes up) some coercion, exotic humanoids, and/or exhibitionism.  Yay :D

CmdrRenegade

I've realized that I've over committed at this point so I'll vacate for someone else.  Enjoy yourselves!
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

yesiroleplay

Blue Leah

Right now, I think I'm at four players total, so I think I've still got room.

Ixy

Phantasmatical

Hey all! Just wanted to check in momentarily to let you all know I'm back from DragonCon! I should have a character up by tomorrow.

What party roles have been taken, so I know roughly what I should be working toward?

Blue Leah

Right now, I think I have confirmed a Sorceress, a Dervish Dancer Bard, and an Oracle of Time.

Muse

:)  how long do you think 'til we can get started? 

Do I need more? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blue Leah

Well, I've got some stuff to work on on my end, but I'd aim for getting up and rolling within a week, if we're finalizing our group at 4.

Wintercat

Been having distractions from completing the character, but aiming to get it done during tomorrow to present you with the ready Oracle. Very much focused character though, I am afraid I tend to want to make the character have at least their primary ability good rather than going for a more just-above-average row overall, so yes with these points the character will probably come off a bit min-maxed.

Anyhow, I'm still along if you'll have me, if you'd prefer someone who will make the abilities spread out more, eh I can step aside and wish you luck, I just find myself a bit without good ideas to offer for that.
A&A

Blue Leah

As I've said before, if that's how you want to run the character, that's fine by me.

Ixy

Hi-- I apologize, things have gotten maddeningly hectic for the moment, but I should be okay in about a week :( VERY sorry for the delays, but I will be back soon. 
STs and DMs-- feel free to 'puppet' my character until my return if you see fit!

Phantasmatical

My character is finished! Much later than I intended, but I feel slightly better not being the last one. xD

Madadh

The picture is pretty accurate. I'll have a personality, a couple more appearance details, and a history up in the next couple of days as well.

Blue Leah

Phantasmatical

Derp derp derp. xD Sorry about that. It's been fixed.

Eeraschyyr

Was reading along and getting somewhat nervous regarding the party being filled. Entertainingly enough, I actually have an Elvish Thief (pardon the older lexicon regarding the class, but I started with AD&D and the class name still seems appropriate.) that was built to run for Second Darkness. I'm not certain if his stats are acceptable due to the 15 point buy and having rolled previously.
I'll need to recover the sheet and repost it, in addition to leveling him up, but aside from that, if there's space, I'd be good to go in, say, a day or two.
And let's be honest, an outright thief is always useful to have.

Blue Leah

Eeraschyyr:
Sounds good to me.

Alright. I'm putting a soft deadline on Friday for the game to get up and running. I will comment on character sheets I have before then, and you can feel free to change things up between now and your first post in-character.