Round robin?

Started by shadowspale, September 07, 2009, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspale

I don't know if anyone would be interested or even know what a round robin is but I thought it might be interesting to start one and let everyone get to sample of what others can do.

For those that don't know what it is; its simple really. One person writes a scene, leaving it at a place that the next person and come in and continue. Each person adds more to the story and it builds from that. Its basically a rp where everything is moved scene by scene by multiple people.

I will start and then anyone who wants can jump in and continue. If no one does...I know not to try this again.  :P

Lightening light the night sky, highlighting the massive clouds from which they came and silhouetting the limbs of the leafless trees eerily. Penny, a tall, lanky sixteen year old girl with a riot of curly red hair and freckled cheeks, sighed and quickened her steps.

She was spending the summer with her grandmother had had been given the task of taking her obnoxious toy poodle for an evening walk. It was bad enough being seen walking a fur ball dyed bright pink but the idiot creature seemed to think she was a pit bull or something so attacked every dog they met.

As luck would have it, Mosey decided to pick on the Scottie belonging to Mr. Haskle, her grandmother’s neighbor. In the yelling match that ensued with the cranky old fart, Mosey had seen a cat and took off after it, pulling the leash from Penny’s hand before she had realized what was happening.

“Stupid dog!” she muttered, jumping when a cold raindrop struck her in the eye. The one drop was followed by another until it was pouring. “Great, just great!” she sighed, pulling the hood of her jacket over her head.

A bark that she would know anywhere came from the right and she took off in that direction, her sketchers slapping rhythmically on the wet pavement as she ran. She followed the barking until she came to an opening in the stone wall that lined the road and skidded to a stop.

Lightening flashed again, backlighting the wrought iron arch with the letters Eastdale Cem tery welded to it. Missing e or not, Penny thought it had to be the creepiest place ever and scowled. Figured the mutt would pick such a place to hide in. 

Taking a deep breath, she gathered her courage and stepped through the gates which were never closed except on Sundays. "When I get my hands on you..." she huffed, seeing the wayward dog hightailing it over the hill.

matt

matt 'a tall musculae18 year old boy with shoulder length hairhurried to crest the hill seeing a dog then slamming into something. he looked up to realise it was a girl and an attractive one at that. '' oh,my God i'm sorry.''

shadowspale

Suddenly finding her rear making contact with the cold wet ground wasn't something Penny had been expecting and let out a squeal of shock. She blinked up at the guy apologizing and dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "No problem, been wet and muddy before," she said with a grin, getting to her feet. Peering around the guy, she sighed when she didn't see the annoying poodle.

"Say, have you seen a small dog dyed a gross pink?" she asked, lifting her eyes to his. "I am Penny by the way," she added holding out her hand in greeting.

matt

'' i'm matt .'' he looked around with his piercing blue eyes . '' yeah , i saw it it went into that old tomb. he pointed at a large , old , and dark tomb.

shadowspale

"Hi Mat, nice to meet you," Penny said with a bright smile. Looking to where he was pointing she made a face. "Figures. Please excuse me as I go choke a dog not worth the dye that turned it pink!" She didn't really mean she was actually going to do it but she was past annoyed with her grandmother's "Little puppikins"

Stepping around him she headed for the crypt, pausing int the doorway. It was dark inside, and she could hear something moving. "Here you fleabitten sorry excuse for a dog!" she called sweetly, making kissy noises in hopes of luring the poodle  to her; she really, really didn't want to go inside.

hakari

While exploring the tomb, twenty- two year old Kari stops in her tracks when she hers a noise. Pointing her flashlight, in the direction the noise was coming from. Her brown eyes land on a pink object. Taking a closer look, she notices its a dog. Wondering who he belonged to, she called out to it. The dog raised its head, and turned to run into the corridor.

shadowspale

A flash of light caused Penny to freeze, her heart thumping in her chest until she realized she was seeing the beam of light from a flashlight. Gathering up her courage, she stepped inside the tomb; reminding herself that spiders did not carry flashlights. She was scared to death over the eight legged crawlies; so much so she often hurt herself when encountering them.

"Hello?" she called out, her voice echoing the walls eerily. She seriously hoped the owner of the flashlight wasn't one of those creepy old caretakers with one blind eye whose only teeth resembled the fangs of a vampire.

hakari

Going after the dog, Kari heard someone calling out. She paused at the bottom of the steps and sees the dog and a girl at the top of the stairs. Wondering who she was Kari asked, " Is this your dog?"

matt

Matt jumps as lightning hits 2 feet away sending 100 volts through him . shocked he falls to the ground.