Zoids rp (intrest check / OOC)

Started by DigitLninja, January 21, 2010, 10:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Carlissa on January 24, 2010, 02:25:37 PM
*Jumps on Wolfy as kisses him* Just like old times, Wolfy! Wouldn't want anyone else ;)

LOL. *returns kiss* ^-^

cmpuncle

I think if we end up doing this I will use the Diablo Tiger as seen here: http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_Tiger

I like the way it looks very sleek yet menacing at the same time.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

DigitLninja

I have decided to stick with the Shadow Fox

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Saikotsu

<evil grin>
Did somebody say, STORYLINE?  I'll try to come up with something, and possibly even join in, but I am currently refreshing my collective "Zoids memory" as it has been a long time since I watched it.  Since I hate to post something without content, here are a few off the top of my head ideas:

perhaps the appearance of a new, unknown, kind of Zoid causes chaos and strife, and it's up to the heroes to stop it.  Of course, that lets us choose sides. It's not exactly a war.  OR Perhaps it is a legendary Zoid that everyone is after, and there's a group that should definitely NOT have it, but has the best resources to get it. Something like that.  Until I've had some time to think it over, that's all I can come up with at the moment. 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

some great ideas as usual Saikotsu
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Saikotsu

thanks. It's nice to get back to roleplaying and coming up with storylines again.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Odin

I Agree!

There shouldn't be competitions and stuff... Original story line altering gives you more creative power.

What about a crew goes around trying to take down an evil group that is trying to get their hands on a legendary zoid, or is destroying all the zoid crews around... That way, the plot line can take more twists and sideplots.

Saikotsu

I like those ideas, particularly the evil crew taking out other crews.  But what about Motive? WHY are they doing it? Revenge, Ambition, some convoluted reason that defies logic?  Perhaps they just want to be the best around?
- a friend

Odin

Quote from: Saikotsu on January 24, 2010, 09:17:40 PM
I like those ideas, particularly the evil crew taking out other crews.  But what about Motive? WHY are they doing it? Revenge, Ambition, some convoluted reason that defies logic?  Perhaps they just want to be the best around?

Simple. Less crews, less competition... Plus, they can salvage other zoids to make their own better.

DigitLninja

hmm... what if this crew that's destroying zoids has a list of ultimate zoid parts that was written by a legendary S class Zoid Pilot. They start attacking Zoid hangers in search of the parts and in order to take down the competition while they are sleeping.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

I think you guys pretty much got it figured out now.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Odin

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 25, 2010, 06:10:47 AM
hmm... what if this crew that's destroying zoids has a list of ultimate zoid parts that was written by a legendary S class Zoid Pilot. They start attacking Zoid hangers in search of the parts and in order to take down the competition while they are sleeping.

Hmmm... I Don't know. I Mean, it gives them a list, but it just seems a little... Overdone to me. I Agree, my ideas aren't really original, but "ultimate parts"? Isn't that like, the holy grail? Exists, but impossible to find?

I Think we should try for something a little more level-headed, so that no one gets ahead. Maybe something along the lines of post-apocalyptic Zoid raiders?

DigitLninja

what do you mean by post-apocalyptic? As in the world has come to an end, very few humans left mostly wild zoids and these people are stealing parts and causing harm... or something else?
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 26, 2010, 05:59:20 AM
what do you mean by post-apocalyptic? As in the world has come to an end, very few humans left mostly wild zoids and these people are stealing parts and causing harm... or something else?

No, after a war counts...

DigitLninja

So, people trying to rebuild there lives and these raiders come in to steal zoid parts.
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

... Not just steal Zoid parts... Take food... Supplies... Whatever they want. Thats what makes a Raider a Raider... They do whatever they want.

DigitLninja

Alright, so we have raiders taking whatever they want from anyone while these people are trying to rebuild there own lives, so that means that zoid pilots are being requested as protection... this could lead to bounty hunters, a Zoid mafia type situation, people just trying to take money, and heroes who will work for nothing and take out the trash.

I like it.
Quotes to Live by:

Odin

Huzzah!

Works for me. Any other opinions on it?

DigitLninja

we will have to wait for the other opinions to appear
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

wow this story is getting fancy...lol

Saikotsu

I like the idea of the raiders myself.  However, I don't really think we can go with JUST them being raiders.  It's a great starting point, but the story might get old quickly.  Otherwise it will just be one or more groups fending off raiders.  It does have great potential though.  Everyone starts out just trying to rebuild their lives and struggle against the raiders, but over the course of the rp, each person finds their own personal reason to struggle onward, and perhaps becomes aware of hidden talents/strengths.  Hmmmm. Maybe I was wrong. I would say however that it should be post-war, rather than post-apocalyptic.  I like post-apocalyptic, since I do enjoy Fallout 3, but I think a post-war scenario would be easier, and more likely to make a better story.  Perhaps we could combine some of the ideas too.  Most mech shows and games involve a pilot stumbling upon a mech that is special in some way, and over time they learn the mysteries behind it. Perhaps during a raid on a small town, a young pilot accidently discovers a special zoid, and fights the raiders off.  In the aftermath of the initial battle, they decide to go on a personal crusade to stop the raiders and make the world peaceful again, and then they meet up with comrades who help them on their journey.  anyway, that's my two scents. By the way, I like this method of constructing an rp.
- a friend

DigitLninja

I think one of the major things we should avoid is the cliche of someone finding a mech that is special, not that that isn't a super fun rp but I don't think that's what where going for in this one.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

ok, that's fine, although arguably any Liger type zoid is a techincally a special zoid.

regardless, I still want to have my character have a Zoid that isn't techincally his. Perhaps a Zoid that was conscripted by the raiders against its will, and he rescued it, or he found a random zoid.

By the way, I'd like to create a zoid of my own, (although it might actually exist).  A Dune Liger, basically a liger designed to operate in desert environments.  Nothing really special about it other than that.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Actually in every show involving a Liger it was the Organoid System that made the Zoid such a good mech, except one where it was the will of the pilot that made the Zoid work. So by saying that a Liger doesn't come with an Organoid than they are normal.

As for a Dune Liger I don't see why not. though most zoids have no problems in the desert making a Liger Zoid especially designed for desert combat would be an interesting thing, though if you ever leave the desert than it may be a burden.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

Hmm. Perhaps you're right. The reason I think the Ligers are special is because they are most often in the hands of the main protagonist. Usually it's the protagonist who wins, so put two and two together, a good machine with a good pilot = win. In all actuality, thoguh, I'm not certain which one I really want.  Maybe a Liger or a command wolf, or a custom made one.  I need to watch more of the show to figure it out I think.
- a friend