Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Or just what phase of the moon it is.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Norwegian One on June 10, 2018, 02:31:56 PM
"Special place in hell" for Trudeau

Yes, I saw Kudlow getting interviewed on CNN; he thinks Trudeau (and probably Merkel too) should have lined up behind Big Boy Trump and kept their mouths shut.

Quote from: CNNDonald’s Trump’s chief economic adviser said the US pulled out of a G7 communique because the Canadian prime minister, Justin Trudeau, “stabbed us in the back” and accused the leader of one America’s most important allies of playing a “sophomoric political stunt for domestic consumption”.

In an extraordinary interview with CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday, Larry Kudlow, who was present for negotiations at the G7 summit in Quebec over the weekend, said Trudeau had instigated “a betrayal” and was “essentially double-crossing President Trump”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/10/justin-trudeau-donald-trump-tariffs-g7-north-korea-summit

Oh, come on, man - isn't Trump the one playing media stunts to rile up his home audience, or please them? Whether he's talking to foreign leaders and ministers or he's at home doing domestic politics?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Oniya on June 10, 2018, 05:06:52 PM
Except 45 has been uncommonly friendly with China recently - at least in regards to that Chinese company that had to shut down and all those American Chinese jobs that were lost.  Trump's very concerned about those American Chinese jobs.  *nods*
Ah, but the Chinese just granted Ivanka several trademark applications. That is good for Ivanka's business, and that is an American business, right? Great victory for American jobs!!! #MAGA!!!  :D
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

gaggedLouise

Peter Navarro has recanted his "special place in Hell" statement that Justin Trudeau had stabbed Trump in the back by talking steel tariffs.

Also, last night Larry Kudlow, who made another brazen verbal attack on Trudeau, suffered a mild heart attack.

Lustful Bride

Deamonbane

Oh gee gosh that's one he'll of a surprise!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

gaggedLouise

Yep, I saw that one too. And then he brushes it off as (of course!) a joke...  ::)

Iniquitous

Just for the laughs... before the tears start...

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

gaggedLouise

Nice picture, Ini - there is little doubt who is in control in that pair. :P

Trump in fulll gear - CNN breaks down a talk he gave after the Singapore trip to his buddies at Fox, with fifty-or-so amazing quotes: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/donald-trump-fox-news-interview/index.html

Oniya

I think I lost brain cells reading that.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Oniya on June 17, 2018, 02:55:40 AM
I think I lost brain cells reading that.
If you have any brain cells left to loose, your mind must be pretty strong. After all, killing your mind one cell at a time is pretty much the plan.

Right now we are at the "shocking but not spurprising" stage,

Soon we will be at the "yeah, whatever, he is Trump *shrugs*" stage.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

gaggedLouise

Trump wants to make sure "it's aaaalways America First!" in outer space, too. If the moon, Mars and beyond are to be explored, it must be with America in the lead - the point is, of course: no joint ventures where the US would actually have to adapt and work together with Russia, Europe or anybody else as an equal partner.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Trumps_wants_to_dominate_space_Moon_and_Mars_999.html

Quote from: AFPPresident Donald Trump boasted Monday of the US commercial space industry's deep wallet and enterprising spirit, and vowed US dominance in exploration of the Moon and Mars, as well as any future space race. "America will always be the first in space," Trump said during a speech at the White House.

"We don't want China and Russia and other countries leading us. We've always led," he added. "My administration is reclaiming America's heritage as the world's greatest space-faring nation."

The US president called for the Pentagon to create a new America "Space Force" that would become the sixth branch of the American military but requires Congressional approval to take effect.

The idea, which Trump has floated before, has stoked controversy at the Pentagon and among lawmakers.

"We are going to have the Air Force, and we are going to have the Space Force, separate but equal," Trump said. Details about the role and timing of any new space force were not immediately clear.

Last year, NASA and Russia's Roscosmos pledged to work together to set up a permanent manned station orbiting the Moon, with the US and Russia sharing technology, transport logistics and costs for the construction and upkeep of the place. That was a very exciting promise - and completely logical in terms of science and reasearch - but Trump's brash declarations run completely counter to it, of course. :(

Also, the half-veiled threat to militarize outer space is just depressing.

gaggedLouise

Forgot to add the Cecil Rhodes quote he made me think of here: "I think the whole world should look up to the British - the moon too, I often think of that..." :D

Sara Nilsson

While space is important, the way he is going about it seems to me to be a bad idea. After all there are international treaties about militarization of space. And working together is always a much better option, we have been doing so well with that lately. More and more missions are joint missions to help carry the enormous costs.

TheGlyphstone

Trump's goal does seem to be slagging as many international treaties as he can find. He'll probably want to colonize Antarctica as well, simply because his predecessors signed treaties saying he couldn't.

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on June 19, 2018, 03:48:47 AM
Also, the half-veiled threat to militarize outer space is just depressing.

So, he wants Space Marines.  Can we put him in a stasis-equipped life support system?  Unresponsive and immobile sounds about right...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Oniya on June 19, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
So, he wants Space Marines.  Can we put him in a stasis-equipped life support system?  Unresponsive and immobile sounds about right...

Now I know why I always felt "Death to the false Emperor of Mankind" had a nice ring to it. #papanurgle

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on June 19, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

Isn't there a scene in Moonraker where Bond (Roger Moore) has pushed the supervillain Hugo Drax, without a spacesuit, out through a side airlock of his spaceship and then snappily tells his girl "Drax? Oh, he felt he had to take a walk outside"? ;)

Oniya

Something like that.  I was going for the tack Sara took, though.

Lustful Bride

gaggedLouise

Depressing to see how much racism flows up in the wake of this - here's a tweet that was relayed yesterday by Ann Coulter, where someone is openly calling latino immigrants "dirt".  >:(

https://twitter.com/ramzpaul/status/1009096065080025089

The thread of comments is very interesting.

gaggedLouise

**BREAKING NEWS** Trump and Kirstjen Nielsen are bending for the powerful, global pressure, and an executive action order by Trump to keep families together is coming soon. :)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/trump-says-hes-going-to-sign-a-preemptive-measure-to-keep-migrant-families-together.html

Sara Nilsson

Trump: Despite the HORRIBLE laws the democrats enacted that forced kids to be seperated I am more merciful and have decided to keep families together because I am a good guy. Worship me. #iamthebestest #ididn'thavehookerspeeonthebedtheypeedinmymouthwhywastethelovelypiss #russianpiss

Or something like that I expect him to try and spin it.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on June 20, 2018, 11:16:16 AM
Trump: Despite the HORRIBLE laws the democrats enacted that forced kids to be seperated I am more merciful and have decided to keep families together because I am a good guy. Worship me. #iamthebestest #ididn'thavehookerspeeonthebedtheypeedinmymouthwhywastethelovelypiss #russianpiss

Or something like that I expect him to try and spin it.

And next time around, "We must ban Russian hookers from coming here!" :)

Sketch

I'm not surprised that given the push back he signed an executive order, my question is how are they going to reunite said already separated children to their family?  What is the time line? Who is responsible? I dunno, I really feel like it was just lip service at this point to placate the masses because with the GOP in control of the Senate, House and WH you really can't tell me there isn't more that they could be doing.