News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Guess something about the next Person.

Started by Mordred, March 24, 2012, 06:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellknight

I love to fix and repair stuff. When I have time my family circle often calls me to fix stuff.

The next person has never paid a date dinner.

AmberStarfire

No, I don't think I have, but I never formally dated. I met my husband online, got together, lived together then got married, all without going on an official date. I'm sure I've bought us dinner before, but I'm not sure if that would count as a date or not. :)

Passing on the question.

Krys

Different culture, different expectations. There is no "dating culture" with set rules and such over here. Bills are usually paid dutch (read split), but as AmberStarFire I'm sure that I've been invited as well as have invited to a dinner before. And I agree that I'd not consider either as "paying a date dinner".

The next person has personally encountered such cultural differences.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Hellknight

Yep, I've been in Indonesia and the culture difference couldn't be greater as far I've seen.

The next person sleeps naked.

clonkertink

Guilty! It gets hot in the summer...

Next person reads at least one book a month

Krys

When I was young, I've read a book a day on average. Novadays I hardly read a book a year... but still read much more than in my youth. It's less "real" books now, but ebooks, pdfs, tutorials, stories, articles online and so on.

The next person knows how to massage well.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Shekinah

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Bruja

Quote from: Krys on June 01, 2019, 12:10:35 AM
When I was young, I've read a book a day on average. Novadays I hardly read a book a year... but still read much more than in my youth. It's less "real" books now, but ebooks, pdfs, tutorials, stories, articles online and so on.

The next person knows how to massage well.

A bit..

Passing this one on

stormwyrm

Not really.

The next person is all caught up on their RPs.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Thera Regina

Almost.

The next person is a little pushy when it comes to replies.

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Nico

No. I consider this quite rude, in fact.

Passing it on.

stormwyrm

I try to be patient with my partners, so no.

Next person is good with handicrafts.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

clonkertink

Hmm... Most handicrafts? No. But I took up painting miniatures last year, so I've got a specialized handicraft skillset these days.

Next person has an odd interior decorating theme

Nico

Hrm. Not certain if our interiour decoration can be considered odd, but we do have some rare objects.

Passing it on.

Krys

Nope, typical IKEA and childrenable style.

Likes Marillen. :P
Disclaimer (WIP):

Undeniable Sin

Since I don't know the reference in going with no?

Do you like broccoli?
   My O/O's       Roleplay Ideas

Ariel

It’s time to make a new thread and close up this one!

Anyone who wants to make a new one can do so! :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving