Zoids: Viral Instincts (Interest Thread / OOC)

Started by DigitLninja, August 07, 2011, 09:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Viral Instincts:

Planet Z, inhabited by humans and bio-mechanical creatures known as Zoids. These creatures have learned to co-exist with humans and on occasion will even choose to become a human's partner for unknown reasons. The Planet has evolved since the days of Bit Cloud and now has thriving city's and government with Zoid comfort and skill taking a front seat for almost anything. Zoid Battle Competitions are still a widely respected and celebrated profession though Zoids are now used for almost any job on the planet.

This story is about a group of elite warriors, all of which have officially won the Royal Cup, achieving the coveted goal of S-Class Pilot and Zoid. These Pilots were selected by the highest offices of the government to represent and protect the people of Planet Z as Zoid Special Operatives better known as Z-Spec. These warriors are always at the ready for any kind of assignment that requires them to battle wild Zoids or rouge Pilots in search of an easy payoff. They are also keeping their skills sharp by participating in Zoid Battle Competitions from time to time, though being an S-Class Warrior automatically gains you entry into the Royal and Grand Royal Tournament.

A new threat has begun to show its self on the surface. It started as a tremble deep below the earth and rocks of Planet Z, slowly over weeks and months the tremble became a thump, and that thump quickly became a beat. Before long this beating item hidden deep below the surface of the planet became a pulse, slowly making its way upward and outward, until it finally reached the surface. Various government offices began to receive reports of Zoids partnered with a Pilot suddenly becoming wild and attacking anything within its territory. No deaths as of yet but several people have become injured and damage to a city or village could be quite devastating. So far a total of fifteen Zoids have reverted to a feral state within a small area on the Northern Continent, Z-Spec has officially been called to investigate.

Character Thread is now up and running!

I recommend using the Zoids Wiki for any information you may need for your Zoid.

story threads currently up and running:

North Springsville and South Springsville

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~South Springsville~ 'private rooms and pools'

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~North Springsville~ 'private rooms and pools'

&

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~Ultrasaurus Mobile Command Center~

Feel free to discuss things in this thread, and please check this opening post for updates on occasion.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DigitLninja

Character Thread is now up and running!

I recommend using the Zoids Wiki for any information you may need for your Zoid.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Katra Alexion

Awesome! I formally put in the request for Liger Zero :3

pendarious

i'm in...I'd like either a war shark or Geno Breaker....whichever you think would work better for this rp I don't care either way.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Orochimaru

I'll join. Genosaurer, Snipe Master or Konig Wolf. Whatever you need. they are all my favorites.

DigitLninja

I do not determine what Zoid you use, I merely set up the story.

feel free to pick what you want and enjoy ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Is the registration number 10 or 20 digits long?

DigitLninja

there's no need to over complicate things, as long as you have the same amount of numbers and letters as my example then your fine... and a dash before the letter...
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Orochimaru

I agree very much so. Of course, I'll do whatever as long as I am paid. lol

DigitLninja

sorry for the wait for the story to begin, I am still waiting on two people to post characters, I will begin working on the story threads shortly and hope to see those other people post before it's up and running.
Quotes to Live by:

Katra Alexion

Laughing Hyena

Well Digit if this doesnt die out I will happily join up.

DigitLninja

well the only way to find out is to join, feel free to pull up a chair and glue your face to the computer screen ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Laughing Hyena

On it!

DigitLninja

yay! alright, I officially have my other character up and the story threads are on the way.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

alright, time for me to pass out for the night...

got work in the... afternoon tomorrow...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

We certainly have an....interesting group of characters.

DigitLninja

indeed... I think I'm moments for being shot in the back by one of my own team mates ^^

Which means it's working...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I don't think you'll be shot in the back. lol

Wait, that was your plan? 0_o

DigitLninja

my character is based around Shawn Spencer from the TV show Psych... he's hilarious and obnoxious at the same time.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Never heard of hm. Suppose I'll have to look him up sometime.

One thing I do want to ask is, why send in a team of three on the easiest mission?The Konig and Geno, Fox and Geno or the Fox and Konig could easily handle a situation in a confined area. For the local tourney, does it reguire three people? Just trying to understand things.

DigitLninja

It is traditional that teams be made up of three people yes, however it's not unheard of to have teams of two.

This was mostly as a precaution for if the team encounters a Feral, if they don't then one team member may be passed to Team Alpha so as to give the opponents Zoids more time to show this strange behavior.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Well, all things considered, I see your point. Though, given the Konig's imaging equiptment. wouldnt the cammander want different images of the area? Even more so when a zoid goes feral? That would leave the Geno and Fox to fight. If you get where I am going. It probably would not reveal the cause, but it sounds tactical considering the situation and given equiptment. Would that be plausable with you?

DigitLninja

It would be plausible, but I would like to have one battle with the three of them, doesn't have to be the first one though, perhaps in round two they have a battle out in the mountains were all three of them can participate.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Just want to make sure things fit into place. Does not mean he has to be on the cliff outlooking the city and stadium 24/7. Just enough to please the commander, tis all. Though, a mountain battle? that's like giving the homefeild advantage to the Konig Wolf. *grin*

DigitLninja

and the Shadow Fox, since I can dodge obstacles at top speed...

though the Geno Breaker can just redecorate the landscape...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

Orochimaru

Just so you know digital, I'll be leaving within minutes to go to an interveiw, then I got to put a moped all the way hald way across town to the repair shop and walk back. So, it may take me awhile to get back.

DigitLninja

that's fine, I actually have to go to work around 3:00 so about an hour and a half from now I'll be gone...
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

Orochi, Pen, if it's alright with you I would like to time jump to the first round of the tournament.
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

*shrugs* well orochi and me were gonna have a brief scene with drinks so if you could hold off on that jump for just a few more posts.

DigitLninja

oh, that's fine. I actually have to crash anyway, time for Conan and sleep ^^
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

DigitLninja

sure, though I was expecting drunken boot knocking ^_~
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Were not your average mercenaries man. Plus, we like to take things slow. It's how we roll. We are just leaving it as this greeting, they are secretly liking eachother a bit and just leave it at that. There'll be plenty of chances to boost things between the two. Whether in zoid missions or down time.

pendarious

and there will be plenty o time for asskicking both in and out of mechs

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

it is well played gentlemen, I hope the battle is a work of art, I'll be doing my best.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I know I am trying at least to play the part I made for myself.

DigitLninja

your doing very well... I can feel the hatred... and it makes me sad T_T
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

I'm also trying to play the part i've made so I hope it's going well

Orochimaru

That's just how the personalites clash. That's all. ^^

DigitLninja

I know, but IRL I do my best to put a smile on everyone's face, so it's rather hard to play a character who makes me feel this uncomfortable... which is exactly why I chose to do so.
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

hey ninja I don't want to sound like an ass outside of game but you do need to change the battle mode of this fight. 0982 means both teams have an even number of zoids

Orochimaru

What's putting a smile on my face ninja is the fact your doing a great job with this rp so far. though, you feel hate. Good god man, it should not be the character that puts smiles, but your rp and your doing a superb job. Don;t change anything between the rp and characters, alright man? I'm seriousm I am happy.

DigitLninja

you don't sound like an ass... sorry I knew that code off the top of my head should have checked the Wiki first...

and thank you for the complement ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

pendarious

I'm 100% behind orochi on that one Ninja your doing a superb job and the fact that your characters are so convincing is a plus as well. and it's ok about the code I mean seriously it and 0999 are the only two codes most people whove seen new century zero ever remember

DigitLninja

New Century is my favorite Zoid season... problem is that even in the show they have a very limited number of Battle Modes and I don't know if this is one of them...

I'm going to have to watch it again.
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

Orochimaru

A shame Katra and Hyena aren't frequent posters. >.> Katra mainly from what I see.

DigitLninja

she is currently dealing with some IRL issues I believe, she told me she was in the process of getting a post up this morning...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I see. Well, I just worry about leaving these two behind.

DigitLninja

I should point out that I wouldn't have made this rp without Katra's influence.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I am just saying, that's all. I never like it when people are left behind and such.

DigitLninja

I agree, but that's also why I made a second thread, so people can move at the preferred pace...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Right, right. Which was a very smart moves, but also logical considering the two different places.

DigitLninja

which is why I made two locations in the first place actually...

Oh and I'm working on a thread for the MCC
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Aww....no reaction from Steph.... I am dissapointed.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I closed the video feed of sniper mode, not the channel itself.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

she wanted to remain professional... then closed the channel and yelled out a string of curses...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

lol, sorry... I'll make sure to post a response...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Just kind of a killjoy thing. that's all. Kind of like. You can tease us, but we can't tease you? Just seems that way. Specially considering Saar whos suppose to be this...prank master. Just how I see things. Correct me if I am wrong.

DigitLninja

Nah... that was just his opportunity to show off his 'battle mood' now that he's obnoxious he can roll with the punches...

and I just edited my post to include a reaction...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

you may want too... sorry if I had known I wouldn't have done that ><
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Then I will ^^

Done.

pendarious

now I have to think about how I want to go about responding.

DigitLninja

wow Pen... that's a little harsh...

I would say if you murder or cause too much destruction they would just terminate the contract and have you arrested to a secret prison, while burring your zoid in the deepest part of the sea...
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

it was a theoretical statement nothing to discern yourself over. besides the geno breaker would more than likely self terminate in that case causing one hell of a boom *laughs maniacally*

DigitLninja

*blinkblink*

I think you should grab your straight jacket from the coat room and get out...

somebody shit on the coats...
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

*chuckles* seriously I only think this way when it's in character or appropriate for commentary about the character. though sometimes I do worry about my own sanity

Orochimaru

pendarious

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I should mention that I will not be on probably all day till late tonight. I have a wedding to attend to.

DigitLninja

I actually have work from 8 - 12 today so you shouldn't worry about too many post to catch up on.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

An announcement. I have just created three new threads for our game, feel free to check them out:

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~South Springsville~ 'private rooms and pools'

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~North Springsville~ 'private rooms and pools'

&

Zoids: Viral Instincts ~Ultrasaurus Mobile Command Center~

for the adult threads all I ask is for an opening description of the current location you are in.

for the MCC, I would like each of you to make a room for your characters that I can link to the opening post, that way any adult situations can happen in our private dorms.

Please PM me with a link to your room and I'll link it on the opening post.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

So, what has been decided, ninja? Am I to have Bryant do his mission on the South Springsville thread or will you make a seperate thread just for the mission?

DigitLninja

I want to include it with South Springsville, I don't know why the game has slowed to a halt as everyone has something to do right now...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I'm waiting for your go, unless you want me to start it. Then, I will later on after I sleep. Just give the word. It will be done.

As for the game slowing. I think it's because a few people are not replying.

DigitLninja

I'll toss up an opening post for you Orochi...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I can very well do it on my own too. Just would need to know if you have a name for the mountain range.

DigitLninja

go ahead and make up a name as well... sorry I can't start but work effectively drained me today ><
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

*Chuckles* I will do that. So please, do not worry about it. I will do what I can for ya. ^_^

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Not a problem man. Though, it is going to take me a bit. I just found I have an essay due tuesday and I also got to get some priority one rps replied too. >.> Just an update.

DigitLninja

thanks... twenty bux says we both post for your quest at the same time...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Could just flip a coin to see who has to post it. *laughs*

DigitLninja

not a bad idea... but there isn't a coin flipping bot on the website... yet...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Then why don't I just take the post then? I offer.

DigitLninja

alright, I will leave it in your capable hands.
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

*salutes* I will do my best not to disappoint you , sir!

DigitLninja

It would be nearly impossible to do that... unless you posted something about Spongebob...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

sorry for the delay, I was at an Anime Convention this weekend
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

DigitLninja

thank you I purchased Ouran High School Host Club, a Master Sword and Hylan Sheild, a Pink Fairy in a Glass Bottle, a plush Companion Cube, A Megaman X6 Wall Scroll and everything else was food or room related. ^__^

Gotta love Nan Desu Kan, 15 year anniversary so they payed for the rights to use Chi on the pre-reg badges this year.
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

*blinks* they have master swords and Hylian shields at anime cons?

DigitLninja

there is one booth that tends to sell swords, I have been looking for a Master Sword with a matching Scabbard and a Hylan Sheild for a few years now and they happened to be selling one, so I bought them both for just under 200 bux
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Orochimaru

pendarious

Orochimaru

I just noticed something Pen... Our avatars. Both are schemeing about something. lol

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

Good to hear your feeling better.... If you are I mean. ^^

DigitLninja

I am, but I seem to be having a relapse or two...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

can't, any more sick days and they get mad...
Quotes to Live by:

Orochimaru

I never get mad... If we are talking about RPing. Getting sick is life and can't help life. *nod nod*

pendarious

DigitLninja

yes but if they assume I'm taking the days off for anything other than being sick than they have grounds to fire me... and it doesn't help that my birthday was last Monday and I took the three days off before that...
Quotes to Live by:

pendarious

Orochimaru