Blood & Magic Recruitment Thread

Started by Narianna, July 09, 2018, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

Quote from: Elf on July 11, 2018, 07:54:07 PM
Him being informed about what he is would be fine.

There was originally only witch who kept the secret. Then over many generations the village shaman only taught those with magic and wanted to learn. So after many generations the truth was lost in his village with most witches never learning to work magic.

Ok, I just want to be clear on things. You're talking about a village shaman on an Indian reservation, right? Is that the village, you're talking about? And the Shaman would teach the witches in the village about what they are and their history but over time that tradition was lost and therefore his parents never even knew they were witches. Am I correct? Or am I reading this wrong?

Chantarelle

Name: Emrafah Hyzenthlay

Race: Vampire

Powers: Enchanted Allure. The ability to draw a males attention and hold it, captivating and motivating them to lavish their attention and affection on her. (This ability is passive, meaning she can choose when to use it).

History: Born to abusive, alcoholic parents in the late winter of 1718, Emra was sold for a crate of imported wine and a horse at seven years of age to a wealthy man of strong pedigree and a penchant for the taking young minds and twisting them to his will. His name was Vause and he was a vampire.

Emra found herself more horribly abused by his hands than she did at the hands of her own parents and yet after each insidious and cruel exploit he would cling to her and extol her virtues and confess how much he loved her and how much she must love him for all of his attention and care.

Over the years he groomed her, answering every question she had about vampires and witches and slowly becoming convinced that she loved him more than her own breath, so when Emra came to him one night asking him to sire her, he was all too ready to oblige her request. Even as her body lay dying, her lips turning blue, her heart racing faster than ever before to the point she believed it would explode before it stopped, even as she solemnly observed her own mortal end, she knew she had made the right decision. They made love that night, it was the first time he had ever felt not alone and it was exquisite.

In the morning she was presented to the Duke for registration. They celebrated and rejoiced all day, falling asleep in each others arms. Vause would find himself the next morning, tied to the bed after being dosed with nightshade, Emra straddling him with a long blade in her hands. She cut out his heart before his very petrified eyes and swore up and down he saw her take a bite out of it before he would close his eyes forever...either way he was bland and tasted bitter. She made sure to burn him and his mansion down to and including the foundation. 

Being made thoroughly aware of the hierarchy in the vampire world, Emra knew what she had done was frowned upon, especially since no one knew of her existence and her sire had been murdered by her hand in a most grizzly fashion. She could not trust that anyone would be sympathetic to her so she fled to a modest, isolated town in the middle of Utah.

She became a courtesan, a ‘lady of the night’, a whore, the transactions made easier by her ability of enchanted allure. She quickly became the mistress of dozens of rich and powerful men including the Duke of Utah who kept her drenched in diamonds and silky garments, her seduction made him an easy target to persuade to forget the perverted old recluse Vause ever existed. This was fun of course and necessary but she became increasingly bored and apathetic to her very existence.

Nowadays she works as a stripper at a club in Salina known as The Sticky Wicket.

Personality: resilient, cynical, ruthless, ambivalent, morbid, hypersexual, disconnected at times, fits a whole host of psychosis or would if she were ever properly diagnosed. Emra is out for herself, she could give two shits about her own kind or the factions afterall what had they ever done for her? When push comes to shove however and the choice between fight or flight is presented she will always choose to fight, usually in the bloodiest fashion possible.

Advantages: Emra’s beauty has served her well over the years. She has chosen a lucrative career path as a stripper as well as a nice savings account.

Flaws: addict (anything she can find), a bitch to most everyone outside of work, a self-protective tactic.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Sye

Chantarelle

That makes me so happy, Saika! :) I really envy your creativity so any praise from you bolsters my esteem!
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Narianna

She's fantastic, Chantrelle! I'll get a characters thread up soon so y'all can start posting in it.

Chantarelle

Sye

Quote from: Chantarelle on July 11, 2018, 11:20:05 PM
That makes me so happy, Saika! :) I really envy your creativity so any praise from you bolsters my esteem!

Really? No way! lol

There are some fantastic writers here and I am envious of them and you are one of them! XD

Chantarelle

Quote from: Saika on July 12, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
Really? No way! lol

There are some fantastic writers here and I am envious of them and you are one of them! XD

*lovefest* ☺️

Elf

Quote from: Narianna on July 11, 2018, 10:25:01 PM
Ok, I just want to be clear on things. You're talking about a village shaman on an Indian reservation, right? Is that the village, you're talking about? And the Shaman would teach the witches in the village about what they are and their history but over time that tradition was lost and therefore his parents never even knew they were witches. Am I correct? Or am I reading this wrong?

Yes, his village was part of the Cherokee nation in Ok. Actually what I'm thinking is at some point a few centuries back a male witch encountered his ancestors and impregnated one or two of the women and went on his before learning or caring that he had children. Then the traditional magics of the Cherokee started to really work  in the tribe.

The fact that a rather high percentage of his village are latent witches may be at least in part why they were all killed.

Sye

Working on my character sheet right now and sending it to you Narianna :)

Endwell

Planting a flag here but won't likely be able to get to the sheet until either Friday morning or over the weekend :'(
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Endwell

Apologies, forgot to mention I am thinking Kate Beckinsale as a face claim and most certainly a vampire. No pretending she isn't yummmm xD

Sorry for double post. Wanted to be sure it was seen.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Sye

Narianna

Character Thread is up! If your character has been approved, please go post it!

Narianna

Quote from: Elf on July 12, 2018, 12:21:58 AM
Yes, his village was part of the Cherokee nation in Ok. Actually what I'm thinking is at some point a few centuries back a male witch encountered his ancestors and impregnated one or two of the women and went on his before learning or caring that he had children. Then the traditional magics of the Cherokee started to really work  in the tribe.

The fact that a rather high percentage of his village are latent witches may be at least in part why they were all killed.

Ooo... I love it! And thanks for the clarification!

Narianna

Quote from: Endwell on July 12, 2018, 01:00:31 AM
Planting a flag here but won't likely be able to get to the sheet until either Friday morning or over the weekend :'(

No prob! Take your time! I'm super busy until after the weekend myself. I probably won't get this RP started until Monday. Kate Beckinsale is indeed yum and a great face claim!

Elf

Quote from: Narianna on July 12, 2018, 01:58:03 AM
Ooo... I love it! And thanks for the clarification!

I'm glad you like it. You're very welcome. My first answer wasn't very clear as it came when  I should have been sleeping. After waking I was able to think more clearly about it.

I'll add an apendium to his history about that and then post it in the character thread.

Kokaine

Think Im gonna go ahead and make both roles in my concept. Waiting will likely keep me on the sidelines. I'd like to FC Cervena Fox please.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Narianna

Quote from: Kokaine on July 12, 2018, 09:44:14 AM
Think Im gonna go ahead and make both roles in my concept. Waiting will likely keep me on the sidelines. I'd like to FC Cervena Fox please.

Sounds wonderful!

Kokaine

I'd be interested in discussing one being a visiting Duchess if you'd allow it.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Narianna

Quote from: Kokaine on July 12, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
I'd be interested in discussing one being a visiting Duchess if you'd allow it.

Well I'm not opposed to it but the Dukes and Duchesses are extremely busy on a regular basis (as they are in charge of entire states/small countries), and even more so with this Hallowed Guard threat. The King is demanding an end put to this and the everyone in succession is being held accountable. So you'd need to come up with a super good reason why she is visiting another state in the middle of all this.

Kokaine

Okay. I'll just leave that idea be.

My O/Os

Narianna

Quote from: Kokaine on July 12, 2018, 03:03:15 PM
Okay. I'll just leave that idea be.

Ok, you're totally welcome to revisit it in the future, if you'd like. Maybe if y'all leave the state, you could play the Duchess for the state that y'all land in.

Narianna

MistressofPen

I know saying this will make things change elsewhere.  But, writing is a bit slow going in other areas.  Would there be room for another witch?  I was thinking healing arts...  Maybe works in a nursery (plants)...?