Interest Check - Sunset House [d/s, nc-maybe, post-apocalypse]

Started by Antisoul, July 13, 2011, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antisoul

Sunset House

Premise

It's finally happened. Apocalypse, the year is 2024 only a decade after the end of World War III. Whatever the reasons, political or economic or something else entirely, the world was drug kicking and screaming into a third world wide conflict sometime in late 2012. The war was short but brutal and saw widespread devastation the globe over until finally the conflict culminated in a series of cataclysmic nuclear strikes that saw the end of the major world powers. Nuclear winter followed the conclusion of the war with no definitive victor and the surviving populace of the earth was forced to adapt. Local law quickly dissolved into the rule of strength with raiders and warlords rising and falling in the turbulent aftermath.

Amid the ruins of the Seattle metropolis a small community has cropped up amid the wastelands sheltering behind a makeshift wall of ruins and debris. At its center amid a ramshackle collection of dwellings is the largely intact 'Sunset House'. The House functions as a lay over for the many people still wandering the wastes looking for a place to call home. It serves as a trading post, public house and brothel. With the wealth the House generates the small community in its shadow has benefited from the security that wealth has bought as well equipped mercenaries guard the walls and stand watch from the communities singular look out tower. A semblance of law has come about at the Sunset House, its owner Gideon Caron and the strength of his hired muscle enforcing his edicts and providing a fragile sense of stability.

The Game

The Sunset House is best known as a brothel. Gideon owns a handful of slaves to warm the beds of passers by, for a price of course. He has laid down strict rules regarding the treatment of his slaves all of them enforced at gunpoint without exception. Between Gideon and the mercenaries in his employ the peace at Sunset House is kept.

The game will focus on the lives of the denizens of the Sunset House and the surrounding community. A list of permanent characters will need to be filled for the most part with open recruitment for 'passers by' to serve as customers for the Sunset House. While the slaves owned by Gideon will be greatly restricted in their freedoms there will be plenty of roles for those wishing to play a more than less free character.

Cast

Gideon Caron: Antisoul
Female Slave: Brok3nAng3l, dakabn, (Open)
Female Slave [FxF req.]: Aragem
Male Slave: subrob99, TastyBacon, (Open)
Male Slave [MxM req.]: Saerra
Mercenary: FallenFeather, dwellinthedark, (Open)
Mercenary Captain: Amazon
Sunset House Resident: (Open)
Bartender: FireFlights
Trader: (Open) [not a slaver]

As I wish to appeal to as many players as possible, I won't be starting the game until I've filled both the FxF Female and the MxM Male. The number of slaves is open for now however I'd like to keep a fair mix of genders. There are about eight slots for Mercenaries and a dozen slots for residents (families will be NPCs). The other roles are singular in nature.

As for customers/passers by. Recruitment will remain open once the game starts. I will however consider taking on roughly three customers before the game starts.

Saerrael

I might be interested in the MxM slave position.

Tentative interest flag planted to keep an eye on the thread.

Le Immortelle

I'm interested in playing a super-badass female mercenary captain! :D

FallenFeather

Keaira

I would be interested in a female slave role (preferably not fxf though to try a little in the future would be alright, just not a major part for my character)
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Haibane

I'm curious about this. Being the community trader appeals. Had you plans to cover any action or storyline outside Sunset House involving perhaps wandering groups whether friendly or hostile, trade caravans, parties of mercs sent out to gather new slaves, that kind of thing?

Antisoul

Quote from: Haibane on July 15, 2011, 10:33:46 AM
I'm curious about this. Being the community trader appeals. Had you plans to cover any action or storyline outside Sunset House involving perhaps wandering groups whether friendly or hostile, trade caravans, parties of mercs sent out to gather new slaves, that kind of thing?

This seems like a good idea, would you like to PM me what you have in mind and how we could work it into the game? Mind wandering groups, & caravans would be NPCs. I'd certainly be willing to entertain the idea of a customer arriving with a new slave in tow to sell to the Sunset House.

Haibane

I haven't thought in more detail about any scenes or sub-plots I was just trying to understand the focus of the game more. I wanted to check if the game would be "inward looking" and focus all on the internal relationships and social order inside the Sunset House community or whether you had plans to have contact with outsiders (and if they are all NPCs that's fine though a player could play a captured slave sold on by a trader caravan or something).

I also have Fallout 3 stuck in my head on this which is probably a bit unfortunate but I can't help but see this place as being like Paradise Falls in that game. Would that be a mistake to think that way?

dakabn

I like the idea of being a slave, but would the trader "kidnap" someone to sell them to the house?

Antisoul

Fallout 3 & Fallout NV were big inspirations for this game. Though I wanted the technology available to be near future so I set it in a post-WW3 scenario.

And Dakabn, you'd have to work that out with Haibane. If she wants to have her character venture out from the safety of Sunset House to find someone to capture then I'm all for it. However kidnapping any of the permanent residents of Sunset House would not only find the kidnapped person not purchased by Gideon but also when discovered would land the kidnapper with a bullet in the brain pan.

dakabn

Venturing out was the thought.

If it doesn't fit with the setting, that's ok. If anything, I can work out something where an NPC had kidnapped her and tries to sell her to Gideon... but would Gideon feel sorry for her to purchase her?

Saerrael

Antisoul, put me up as the MxM slave, please.
Though I would like to see more characters still (male, for one..!), I find the concept quite interesting.

Antisoul

Quote from: dakabn on July 15, 2011, 07:11:02 PM
If it doesn't fit with the setting, that's ok. If anything, I can work out something where an NPC had kidnapped her and tries to sell her to Gideon... but would Gideon feel sorry for her to purchase her?

No it would fit just fine with the setting. However if you want it to be the Sunset House trader that kidnaps you, as I said you'd have to discuss that idea with.. well.. the Sunset House trader. If you want an NPC to capture her then the answer to your question is no. Gideon doesn't feel sorry for people, he somewhat of a sociopath but he keeps the community safe and makes sure people follow a handful of simple laws. Would he purchase her? Of course he would, Sunset House has plenty of room and even if he doesn't need another whore for the House he could still find a use for a new slave. Possibly as a gift to one of his mercenaries, or to wed a resident who's got no luck with the ladies. That's the best part about slaves, there is almost no end to what you can do with them.

And roger that Saerra. I'll try to encourage players to play their own genders, which may nab us a few more males but I won't tell people they can't cross-gender write if they're heart set on it.

Saerrael

Elliquiy holds plenty talented cross-gender writers, Antisoul. *plays with female writers often*

Antisoul

Of course, and as I said I won't tell someone they can't or shouldn't. Just I suppose ask would be a better word than encourage, that they consider playing their own gender. And even that would likely be only if we wind up terribly unbalanced between the genders of the slaves.

Though we do have the required MxM slave so once the minimum amount of players I'm looking for post their interest in whichever role I'll work on getting game threads going so that we can begin role playing while the other spaces fill up.

dakabn

Quote from: Antisoul on July 15, 2011, 07:52:45 PM
No it would fit just fine with the setting. However if you want it to be the Sunset House trader that kidnaps you, as I said you'd have to discuss that idea with.. well.. the Sunset House trader. If you want an NPC to capture her then the answer to your question is no. Gideon doesn't feel sorry for people, he somewhat of a sociopath but he keeps the community safe and makes sure people follow a handful of simple laws. Would he purchase her? Of course he would, Sunset House has plenty of room and even if he doesn't need another whore for the House he could still find a use for a new slave. Possibly as a gift to one of his mercenaries, or to wed a resident who's got no luck with the ladies. That's the best part about slaves, there is almost no end to what you can do with them.

And roger that Saerra. I'll try to encourage players to play their own genders, which may nab us a few more males but I won't tell people they can't cross-gender write if they're heart set on it.

Well, if the in house trader wants to, fantastic. If they don't, I can NPC it.

I herefore officially put in for one of the female slaves.

Saerrael

Quote from: Antisoul on July 15, 2011, 08:08:17 PM
Of course, and as I said I won't tell someone they can't or shouldn't. Just I suppose ask would be a better word than encourage, that they consider playing their own gender. And even that would likely be only if we wind up terribly unbalanced between the genders of the slaves.

Though we do have the required MxM slave so once the minimum amount of players I'm looking for post their interest in whichever role I'll work on getting game threads going so that we can begin role playing while the other spaces fill up.

*nods* Sorry, I can get slightly defensive if it comes to even hinting towards cross gender writing being something to be discouraged. I did not mean anything personal, of course.

I'll write a character up as soon as I see a sheet format.

Haibane

I'm glad you had Fallout 3 in mind as being an inspiration for the game, Antisoul since I had Moira of Megaton in mind when I thought of being a trader. However I promise my girl would never be that anoying. In addition to buying and selling food, clothing, weapons, ammo, techy bits and pieces and sundry equipment/junk and doing repairs and stuff I thought the trader could be a slave dealer as well. She would not go out and catch her own but would be well known in the region as a woman with contacts to whom several regular slavers brought their latest acquisition. She'd then strike a deal with either Caron or another Sunset resident.

My thinking was that while Caron is the boss of the place he's busy with the general management and politics and defences while my woman's speciality is dealing in humans so her know-how and contacts make her a valuable/useful person in the compound. Because she's useful to Caron she does not have her own bodyguard/merc for protection but borrows Caron's heavies as and when.

She could certainly be the first point of contact for an NPC slaver to bring in a player slave character to start that story off. I was thinking she has her own slave already as a general worker at her store and he could be an NPC or a player char.

dakabn

Then it would seem your character would be the first to interact with. :) I'm excited!

Haibane

I'm not going to force my character plan on people, I'm just putting some ideas out to see if they work. It is up to our GM if he thinks we need a separate slaver char to the trader. If we don't get enough players, I'm just volunteering to wear both hats.

Antisoul, you said you wanted modern or future technology so hence why the retro feel of Fallout isn't used, but can you give some more info please on what technology the game will have both salvaged/working now and lost/in the past?

subrob99

dakabn

Quote from: Haibane on July 15, 2011, 09:58:03 PM
I'm not going to force my character plan on people, I'm just putting some ideas out to see if they work. It is up to our GM if he thinks we need a separate slaver char to the trader. If we don't get enough players, I'm just volunteering to wear both hats.

Well you can do that if you want. The NPC slaver was going to be a brief mention if mentioned at all. We could just start where your character buys her after the NPC dude leaves. But if you wanna play the meanie who catches her, I'm all for it. :)

Aragem

I'd be willing to play the F x F slave as long as she gets a chance for some cock. 

Antisoul

Quote from: Haibane on July 15, 2011, 09:58:03 PM

Antisoul, you said you wanted modern or future technology so hence why the retro feel of Fallout isn't used, but can you give some more info please on what technology the game will have both salvaged/working now and lost/in the past?

I don't want Sunset House to be a center for the slave trade. So sorry about that, just would make either too many players or too many NPCs for me to manage.

Technology wise, electricity needs generators. Sunset House (the community) is powered by diesel generators.
Running water comes from a well and is only available where Gideon or the community has taken the time and effort to lay piping.
Computers, PDA's, Smart Phones and all the electronic gizmos we have today would still work if you could repair them or find working ones, though the internet is toast wireless networking is still viable.
TV's and such are around and could be salvaged though only prerecorded media thats found could be watched as there is no television stations.

Weaponry and Armor, modern day equivalents except with better materials, so no ray guns or other future weaponry.
Some vehicles could still be viable given repairs and gas or electricity but nearly all the roads or major ones anyway are largely impassable. Save for on foot or with a bicycle (the kind you pedal). 

fireflights

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.