Hogwarts: A Future (The Reboot) - Open Recruitment

Started by Aiden, August 04, 2020, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Person On A Computer

Ah, that makes sense!  I'll see if I can track a list down with some descriptions which can help with making an interesting character background. 

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recognize the acronym.  What does JWA stand for?  I do enjoy Harry Potter pretty thoroughly, but I've never really been so in-depth with it that I've frequented Pottermore much.  Though, I did visit the studio when I was in England and spent a lot of time there.  It's super interesting! 

Flower

Parker

Shaking off the dust and coming back around specifically for this... I have little experience in larger games but I'm definitely interested and versed in HP lore. It seems from my reading through that teacher slots are taken (though I didn't see Magical Theory?) and that's fine; I can easily make a freshman student and/or someone older in Hogsmeade. I'll help balance things out and play male characters.

-reading through and getting acclimated-

Flower

There are some teacher slots. Aiden's been pretty flexible about the subjects; allowing creativity rather than just permitting subjects taught in the canon setting. Welcome back though! Excited to see your first character. ^.^

Also, APOAC, if you need help, just give a holler. :)

Parker

Thanks; I appreciate the offer and will definitely take you up on it...

Caela

Like Flower said, Aiden's been pretty flexible about subjects, and with being at a University level now and teaching adults and not just kids, more expansive/interesting subject could likely be taught beyond the basics. You mentioned magical theory, but pretty much anything could be some sort of option...curse-breaking, magical archeology, magical architecture (something has to go into all those expanding floors etc in houses!) and I'd imagine there'd be a need for teaching doctors and lawyers as well.

Just some ideas. :)

Parker

Good to know, and of course I’m intrigued. Of course after reading “all subjects taught...” with oversight and so on I wonder about “affective magic”, or that produced by a body under powerful emotional flux, duress, or arousal...

Writing something up.   ;D

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Rebelle

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on November 22, 2020, 02:44:35 AM
I'm interested

Brilliant!

We just started a new month so this is the perfect time!  If you have any questions feel free to ask

arthenwel

so question. Are the Newts the grades from JWA? or is that grades from the current school's tests
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Sye

Planting an interest flag due to peer pressure XD

Caela

Flower

Aiden

Quote from: arthenwel on December 30, 2020, 03:45:06 PM
so question. Are the Newts the grades from JWA? or is that grades from the current school's tests

Correct, your student would be coming in with a full canon education.

arthenwel

I remember reading that, but couldn't find the clarification. So, I just wanted to make sure before I drew up an inaccurate CS. Thank you very much.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Vael the Destroyer

Oh lord, so many familiar faces. Kinda fell off of interest earlier due to intense school, but I am going to replant a tentative flag here.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Vael the Destroyer

Caela

Quote from: Vael the Destroyer on January 06, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
Cant be any worse than SunSea. :)

;D ;D ;D

You'll have a smaller cast of characters...Aiden has a cap of 6.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Caela on January 06, 2021, 09:57:58 AM
;D ;D ;D

You'll have a smaller cast of characters...Aiden has a cap of 6.

I only intend on one but we’ll see how that goes. Having a cap is good though, I lack self control sometimes.

Flower

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Flower on January 06, 2021, 10:08:13 AM
Same. *weeps* But I love them all. xD

Same! Also, does anyone know if Shanon Purser is taken? I am on me phone running errands.