Mafia Murder Theater: Alice in Wonderland -- Thespians Win!

Started by desert ashes, November 22, 2010, 01:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

Mafia Murder Theater: The Casting of Alice in Wonderland

For the third time in fifty years since the grand de Chantal Theater has opened its doors, living down the rumors of deadly scandal and deceit, a new set of investors has come calling to budding thespians.  Had the city forgotten how death and plague had once claimed the lives of those on the stage?  Perhaps the new generation of thespians and investors would not remember -- or perhaps it would simply do to liven up the marketing.  Who could resist the temptations of a potentially haunted theater?  All seemed to be going well for the owners of de Chantal Theater as they opened their doors and posted the next casting call -- suitably, of course, for Alice in Wonderland. 

Yet, as the auditions unraveled and directors went behind closed doors, it seemed all was not well for the budding cast and crew of the theater.  Death was once more entering from stage left, his glinting scythe in hand and summoned at the call of the Understudies who felt nothing more than the lingering blood and star lust.  Who ever remembered the Understudies?  Primary roles were a rare chance ... unless, of course, their competition happened to exit stage left as nothing more than a shell of what they arrived in. 

The final auditions have come to an end and while the investors and executive producers have been tucked away making their casting decisions, the ghosts of the de Chantal Theater are rattling their chains as the deathly cry for spotlight is becoming heard once again ...

Cast and Crew
Eden -- Stage Manager/Alice
Imogen -- Thespian/The Duchess
Kyrsa -- Thespian/The March Hare
Remiel -- Thespian/The Cheshire Cat
Revenent -- Producer/The Caterpillar
Saku -- Thespian/The King of Hearts
Sanguine Obsession -- Thespian/The Mock Turtle
Valerian -- Props Manager/The Mad Hatter

Leorobin -- Understudy/Party Goer #1, Lynched, Act 1 Day
Marguerite -- Thespian/Queen of Hearts, Lynched, Act 2 Day
Aiden -- Thespian/The White Rabbit, Killed, Act 2 Night
Kip -- Understudy/Party Goer #2, Lynched, Act 3 Day
Josietta -- Understudy/Party Goer #3, Death by lights, Act 3 Night

For those unfamiliar with how the game is played, a sample round is below.  Past theater games can be found here and here for further reading.

Act One - Day
After all the special roles having been privately assigned and the first murder (of an NPC) is revealed, the Cast and Crew gather to make the first vote on who they would like to see in the role of the Director.  Once that is settled, the voting turns to who they believe the treacherous Understudies are.  Voting should take no more than three days.  If there is a tie, the Director steps in.  One the voting is done, the results are revealed (whether good or bad) and all retire for the evening to give the Understudies their time and chance to strike.

Act One - Night
During this time is when the Understudies select their target, the Stage Manager may learn the identity of one of the Cast and Crew, the Producer selects their target to protect, and the Props Manager may elect to poison a target.  Once all matters are said and done, the night concludes.

Act Two - Day
The new victim(s) is revealed and voting commences again.  Repeat into Act Two - Night and so on.

The Roles

Thespians (Innocents): The main core of the Cast and Crew, they are under siege from the Understudies (Thespians gone wrong) who are determined to eliminate their competition and secure their starring roles.  As a whole the Thespians must work together to discover and eliminate the Understudies before it's too late.

Understudies (Villains): A minority group of the Thespians, they are working in secret to bring down the Thespians.  Only the Understudies know who each other is and they must work together with their plots and schemes if they mean to win the spotlight.

Director (Judge): The Director is elected at the beginning of the game by all the players.  Their function is to be the deciding factor should lynch voting come to a tie.

Producer (Guardian): Among the Thespian lurks the Producer.  Once a night the Producer chooses someone to protect from the Understudies.  If they choose correctly, the Understudies' target is saved for that evening.  The Producer may also elect to save themselves, but may only do so once.   They can only target the same person twice in a row before needing to elect to save someone else.

Stage Manager (Seer): Once a night the Stage Manager can target someone to learn of their true identity.  It is their responsibility to attempt to help the Thespians and sway the opinions with the truths that they glean.  However, they may not want to reveal their own true position, for a known Stage Manager could easily equate to a dead Stage Manager.

Props Manager (Alchemist): Once a game the Props Manager may elect to target anyone within the group.  Their decision must be made within the Night round and done so before the start of a new day.  They only have one chance, however, and their target can be saved if they are being protected by the Producer. 

Let the adventure begin ...

Everyone is welcome to begin mingling!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Aiden

On the days of the first rehearsals he made sure to arrive on time, nice and early to get enough time to warm up and most of all to claim the best dressing room! Smirking as he took the room he wished, he walked out to the stage to warm up a little and wait for others to arrive.

Valerian

Val arrived somewhat later, amusing herself by looking over the scenery and a few of the props that were still out and being worked on.  This would be a great production, she had no doubt, and she hoped she got a good part.  She turned and looked out over the rows and rows of seats, savoring the atmosphere.  "Isn't this great?" she asked, of no one in particular.  "I love these grand old theatres."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aludiana of the Dusk

Alu wandered around the theater, poking around the stage and backstage areas before settling into a seat right down in front of the stage, pulling out a copy of a book that was so well read and dog-eared that even the cover couldn't be made out anymore, although anyone who'd get close enough to read over her shoulder could tell that it was a copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Poetic Fury

Ali had always loved Alice in Wonderland so the moment she had seen the advertisement for open auditions she jumped at the opportunity.  It didn't matter to her the part that she would be cast in, simply participating in a childhood favorite was enough.  She had seen all the movies, read the stories countless times and was amazed each time she closed the story.

She had lingered outside the building for a few moments, hazel eyes scanning the architecture of the building as she smiled, partial to old theaters.  It made things seem special, important, fantastical.  Of course, the music that was twittering in her ears amped up the awe.  Everything was better when set to a soundtrack. 

When she finally entered she pulled the buds from her ears, pausing to look around.  She found herself standing beside another woman.  "There is something about them, isn't there," she agreed readily though the woman hadn't spoken to her directly.

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Aiden

"They say the place is haunted you know...supposedly the last production came to a close end after half the cast were murdered one by one..."
Aiden tilted his head and looked over at all of them, his voice dropping ominously low and terrifying before a smile crossed his face and he snapped back to his normal self with a charming smirk. He was still unsure which part he wanted but he was leaning towards the hatter himself.
"All rumors I would assume, something to give this place a reason to visit."

Zelric Miras

A loud maniac laugh echoed in the stage, closely followed by a voice with a mellow pace in it. "Haunted is it, hmmm? Well that makes this more amusing..." Leorobin appeared from behind the curtains a wide grin on his face, perhaps somewhat disturbing. He chuckled and hoped down from the stage, hoping to have at least startled someone from his fellow actors and actress. He had received the invitation a few hours ago, but it was a too tempting treat  to decline. The chesire cat paper was in his mind, of course, getting in character for such character was certainly amusing.

Poetic Fury

Ali couldn't help but jump at the maniacal laughter, a small girlish squeal escaping her before she turned and saw someone else walking to the stage.  She laughed softly, shaking her head at the idiocy of her reaction.  She had to give him credit for creativity, and spectacular timing.  Her attention returned to the others after she smiled in apology for her outburst.

"It does sound like a marketing ploy.  People flock to places that have a sordid history.  Ghost hunters.  Thrill seekers."

She looked around the theater, her gaze sweeping over the many vacant seats of the audience.  Hands moving into her pockets she shrugged. 

"Besides, ghosts don't exist.  Do they?"  She laughed softly, her words mostly to convince herself than the others.

-Anonymous

Remiel

"The ghosts would say they do," said Remiel, stretching out on stage.  He was looking forward to the run; with any luck, this could be his big break.  He was aware of the sordid history and scandal that surrounded the place, but that didn't matter.  Hopefully, he would land a big part, and then he would be Noticed.  Obviously, the Mad Hatter would be the ideal male role. 

"But I'm sure history won't repeat itself," he grinned.

Marguerite

Marguerite raised an eyebrow at hearing the stories of the place being haunted and possibly a danger to all. She would have to make sure not to end up in dark areas without a knife by her side or even a bottle to throw over someone's head. Of course, the bottle would be empty before she used it up on someone. "Things will change around here. We are not to repeat the same story over and over," she muttered beneath her breath as she walked onto the stage and took a look around at the other individuals. A nod was given to each of them before settling herself on the stage to take a look at anyone else who came around.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Revenent

Rev stepped lightly down the carpeted aisle, making an effort to not draw too much attention to himself for two reasons: one, he knew the actor that tried to hardest to be the focus of everything was usually the least liked by the rest of the cast, and he really wanted to make a good impression with these people for some reason, and two, he wanted to take a quick look around the theater itself before he talked to any of the other cast. It was his first big budget play in the type of theater that had real investors and from which people usually reserved tickets ahead of time. He was struck with respect for the place, as well as fear that its legacy would be continued. Quickly, he weaved his way backstage and took in his first view of his workplace for the next several weeks.

desert ashes

Thespian after thespian was called upon to sing, to dance, and, of course, to act; to a shadowed row of investors and directors they played courtier and courtesan.  They charmed and enticed, each one giving (just perhaps) the audition of their life.  It was as the auditions were drawing to a close that the gathered thespians could feel the slight chill in the air, the unknown ominous air of death as the hollowed ghosts of the de Chantal Theater knew they would soon be growing in numbers.  Released back to the stage and dressing rooms to wait for the decisions to come (they were told "not long" yet that was never a definite answer in the theater business), it wasn't long before that spectral number grew by one ...

The fair Natalia would have been perfect for the role of Alice with her long red hair, big blue eyes and demure figure highlighted by ingrained grace and innocence.  Unfortunately, for poor Natalia, she held the fate of death for the young actress was soon discovered laying propped beside a tree; through her heart had been plunged a dagger.

Who among them could do such a horrifying deed?

First to ensure that among them was someone who could remain fair and level headed, a true Director among madness.

On Stage: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." (Director vote.)

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
nik200
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
sinera
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, nik200, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, sinera, Valerian

The only person you cannot vote for is yourself.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aludiana of the Dusk

Aludiana was the first one to speak up.

"Perhaps Leorobin would be a good choice for director; he seems quite mad as it is, and I don't think any further descent into madness would phase him much."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Revenent

Rev shook his head and stepped forward, not wanting the consensus to go down this trail.

"More madness is the last thing we need. Aludiana, I think you'd be the better choice. You seem more level-headed and  analytical. We need someone like that to keep us from losing our reason."

Imogen

"Aiden should be our director." Imogen rested a pale hand on his sleeve and slanted large, kohl lined eyes up at the handsome gentleman. "He's well dressed and handsome. And I'm sure he knows what part to give to everyone." Her fingers pressed down slightly on his arm. "Queen of hearts." She murmured under her breath, for Aiden's ears alone, or so she hoped. "I scratch your back, you... well, you know how the story goes."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aiden

"And I vote for Imogen."
He voiced his choice of director after taking a moment of silence, his eyes turning to the cast after warning them of the old theater when they first answered the casting call.

Poetic Fury

Ali laughed softly under her breath as Imogen spoke to Aiden.  She wasn't quite sure what looks had to do with being a good director but it wouldn't hurt to have a handsome face too look at for hours on end during the rehearsals.

"Careful," she mumbled under her breath.  "I'd worry there might be an 'off with his head' if you scratch too hard." She smiled sweetly, winking at Imogen before adding, "Or not hard enough?"

-Anonymous

Valerian

Val rolled her eyes a little, seeing that the"negotiating" for the best parts was beginning already.  "Well, if we want someone who can really take charge, then how about Marguerite?  With the reputation this place has, we need to make sure this production goes off without a hitch."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"Aludiana of the Dusk seems like as good a choice as any," he said.  And why not?  Although she was new to the scene, sometimes a fresh point of view was what was sorely needed.

Marguerite

Smiling at Val, she could see as well people were vying with their flesh for the parts. It was amusing and she wondered who would end up in tears if they did not get the part they wanted; for her, she was eyeing Cheshire and would leave the rest of the parts to be fought over like rabid dogs on a bone. "I vote for Valerian, for she knows how to not be affected by the bribes and the sexual tension raging through the place."

Kye

Kyrsa had been quiet, seeking no starring role herself she felt no need to see her name in lights, content to be a part of a production that would be an enjoyable nod to the arts.  Or so she had thought before poor Natalia had been slain.  Glancing around her eyes fell upon Aludiana, who appeared to be a trust worthy sort.  "I think Aludiana is a good choice as well, perhaps she'll be able to keep things in order, after all the production must go on."

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aludiana of the Dusk (3) - Revenent, Remiel, Kyrsa
Aiden (2) - Imogen, Ali012281
Imogen (1) - Aiden
Leorobin (1) - Aludiana of the Dusk
Marguerite (1) - Valerian
Valerian (1) - Marguerite
Ali012281
Kyrsa
nik200
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
sinera

Still Voting: Leorobin, nik200, rottenaim, sinera

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Zelric Miras

"I appreciate the vote of confidence, but...'You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself'." He chuckles and stands from his chair to glance at the faces of his fellow thespians. He pouts for a second as he thinks lazily tapping his nose. "I will, however, reply in kind to your vote. Perhaps if you saw the me that dwells outside this walls you must have a good eye. Hmmm...it is settled then, my vote is for Aludiana" He bows, nods slightly to Aaludiana and grins again, turning around to regain his seat with a whimsical canter.

rottenaim

Aim slipped from the shadows at the back of the stage where she had been listening quietly to all that had gathered. Her normally smooth brow creased ever so slightly. She was torn. Her perplexed gaze flicked from Aludiana to Aiden, to and fro in the semblance of watching a somewhat deranged, yet dreadfully slow tennis match. They both seemed fully capable of the post of Director, but alas it could go to only one. Who to choose?! Dilemmas, dilemmas. There seemed to be only one foolproof way to make the final decision. She slipped a quarter out of her pocket and glanced to Aiden. “You shall be heads…” then to Aludiana, “and you tails.” With a nimble thumb, she flipped the silvery coin up into the air, her gaze never wavering from its ascent to its descent, catching it in the palm of her hand. “My vote goes to Aiden.” She announced with a smile, as the head of the coin had landed clearly face up.

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aludiana of the Dusk (4) - Revenent, Remiel, Kyrsa, Leorobin
Aiden (3) - Imogen, Ali012281, rottenaim
Imogen (1) - Aiden
Ali012281
Josietta
Kyrsa
nik200
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim

Still Voting: Josietta, nik200

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Josietta

Josi was late on the set but wasn't it fashionable to be a tad bit late? She glanced around at those present, those vying for each part in this well sought out production. Her steps were quiet and her voice soft, yet she  held herself up with a confidence and grace of any great Thespian. Her long flowing blonde hair was left to fall down her back with only a simple blue band to hold it back. She wore a white sundress with small flowers decorating it and a pair of matching white ballet flats. Her soft pale cheeks were slightly pink from a chill outside. She tugged her simple white sweater around her more and stepped upward onto the stage with the others. Her bright blue eyes scanned them all  and watch for a moment before she would voice her for the director of this production.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Josietta

Josi had taken time to consider her choice for a director. Each of those prospective ones voted for had their ups and downs, but Aludiana seemed to be the only one reading and it was a copy of the Grimms Fairytale to boot. She smiled and cast her vote to follow the rest.

"I vote for Aludiana . She seems to know the parts and is studying the material enough to guide us in a proper direction. I'd much rather have a handsome thespian like Aiden opposite me in the play anyway, no offense dearling."

The last words spoken to the one she voted on as director. Josi was known to like both males and females, but certain males almost always took precedence, dark haired ones to be sure.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

desert ashes

Somewhere backstage one of the stage hands yelled:

"Nik's still working up his nerve to come on stage!  hic.  He said something about Revenent!"

Thus, the last vote for Director was cast.  By a clear margin the special role was secured by Aludiana, the matter of Director settled.  Now, to the more gruesome matters at hand...

Cast and Crew
Aludiana of the Dusk (5) - Revenent, Remiel, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Josietta
Aiden (3) - Imogen, Ali012281, rottenaim
Imogen (1) - Aiden
Revenent (1) - nik200
Ali012281
Josietta
Kyrsa
nik200
Remiel
rottenaim

On Stage: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
nik200
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Josietta, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, nik200, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, Valerian
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Revenent

Being the center of attention was the last thing Rev wanted, but he could see that no one else planned on making the first accusation, and he would not let the killer (or killers) go uncaught. Stepping forward, he spoke his first suspicion, looking right at the man he was accusing.

"It must be Leorobin. He's a bit too good at acting mad if you ask me, and don't tell me he's just in character, because we don't even have our roles yet!"

Imogen

"Kyrsa seems too good to be true. She is obviously an understudy."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aludiana of the Dusk

Aludiana stepped up next to Revenent and put her hand on his shoulder. "Calm down Rev, just because someone likes to act odd and rock the boat doesn't make them a killer. Besides, we've only just met it's hardly the time to be judging others off of their first impressions of them. It was implied earlier that Imogen might stab Aiden in the back later on if she didn't get her way, and now she is trying to pin the blame on Kyrsa. It all looks suspicious to me.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Poetic Fury

Sitting down in a chair, Ali hugged her knees into her chest and looked around the group slowly before looking over at Aludiana.  "But if you were going to do it, would you put focus on yourself like Imogen did?  I'd be more apt to think it's someone trying too hard for a role."  Agreeing with Rev, Ali nodded toward Leorobin.  "Sorry, it's just suspicious." 

-Anonymous

Valerian

Val changed her mind at least half a dozen times before she finally worked up the nerve to cast a vote.  "Maybe -- maybe it is Kyrsa.  Imogen might be on to something there."  But she still paced nervously, uncertain and unhappy.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

The young Alice want to be wondered just how you can try too hard for a part in the play. She wasn't trying too hard, mind you, she just wanted the part she was good at and for all she knew the others were doing the same. It was just trying to pick out the weeds from the flowers that would take time. She chewed at her lower lip as she twisted a long blonde curl around her finger and sighed some. They each had valid points but who was right and who was wrong. It could be her head if she didn't watch herself. The evil queen was amongst them somewhere to be sure, but who would cast such a stone upon the talented ones. Even if she had the most talent of any female here. She sighed some and settled onto a "mushroom" stage propl to ponder her decision. If Imogen really would stab Aiden, then there goes her white rabbit. Hrmm... she had to wonder maybe Revenant and Nic were in cahoots with that final quick vote to make him stage director, but that wouldnt' make sense as that vote was pointless.  She sighed finally, stumped on who to choose or what to do. With one final thought, she placed her vote in as Imogen , for fear that the female would take out the white rabbit before the casting call could be made. Her decision wasn't exactly final, but it would have to do for now. 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Zelric Miras

Leorobin acted offended and moved a hand to his chest with a, maybe excessive, flourish. "Oh but acting in character might sway the decision on my behalf don't you think? It is quite purrrfect for what I'd like." He moved his hand away as to dimish both votes that had been cast on himself. He stood up and walked towards another seat where he could have a look at those that were not backstage.

He opened his eyes big and moved aside as if to dodge something flying his way when he heard Ali012281's words. "My, my, another one? I guess it is just your view of things. Although 'you may have noticed that I'm not all there myself', I have no killer material...It's just too troublesome, you know? Trying to conceal myself and trick others...No I'll leave that to Revenant and those that scheme with him."

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Imogen (2) - Aludiana of the Dusk, Josietta
Kyrsa (2)- Imogen, Valerian
Leorobin (2)- Revenent, Ali012281
Revenent (1)- Leorobin
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Josietta
Marguerite
nik200
Remiel
rottenaim
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Kyrsa, Marguerite, nik200, Remiel, rottenaim
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

His eyes narrowed at the feline behavior of Leorobin, he did not believe he was behind the acts but his inability to defend himself normally and not in character just annoyed him.

Remiel

"I'm going to put in my vote for Aiden," said Remiel.  In truth, he had no reason to vote for him -- he was just jealous of all the female attention the handsome actor was receiving.

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Imogen (3) - Aludiana of the Dusk, Josietta, Kyrsa, Saku
Leorobin (3)- Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden
Kyrsa (2)- Imogen, Valerian
Revenent (1)- Leorobin
Aiden (1) - Remiel
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Josietta
Marguerite
nik200
Remiel
rottenaim
Valerian

Still Voting: Marguerite, rottenaim
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Kye

Kyrsa fretted as she looked around at her fellow thespians, obviously torn and not wishing to blame anyone at the moment.  "I think perhaps Imogen had something to do with this..." she said most reluctantly, having to vote upon someone. 

rottenaim

She really had no good concrete reason for choosing Leorobin. It was more so just a hunch, which is was good enough reason for anyone she supposed.

Saku

Saku came into the fray at this particular point in time. She had been called up by Remiel asking if she might possibly want a part in the production of Alice in Wonderland that the theatre was putting on. Having never been involved in any sort of play before she was somewhat reluctant to accept until she heard that she wasn't required to apply for a main role. That eased her choice and she came, intending to snatch up the role of an extra or at least something that didn't give too much of a challenge. Saku was relatively shy, especially since this would be her first time in a production like this. She was somewhat surprised to see one of her old school friends, Marguerite, there and raised a hand in greeting.

Not knowing what was going on, she looked around and saw crowds gathering by the side. Apparently they were voting on someone or something and there were names up on the board. "Does anyone know why Imogen and Leorobin are getting the most votes? What are we voting for?" Saku inquired, not sure if she understood what was going on here. But if she had to choose one she decided upon Imogen for now. However, she might change her mind later once someone told her what was happening...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Leorobin (5)- Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden, rottenaim, Imogen
Imogen (4) - Aludiana of the Dusk, Josietta, Kyrsa, Saku
Aiden (1) - Remiel
Revenent (1)- Leorobin
Kyrsa (1)- Valerian
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Josietta
Marguerite
Remiel
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian

Still Voting: Marguerite
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

"It wasn't me." Imogen spoke up nervously. "You're making a terrible mistake."

"I'll have to change my vote to Leorobin, even if I have no reasons to suspect him."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

"Yesterday we discovered that the actress who was a shoe-in for the part of Alice was found stabbed in the heart with a dagger," Remiel explained to Saku.  "It seems that someone among us was jealous--jealous enough to murder poor Natalia in order to have a chance at the lead role.  The police are baffled; we're trying to discuss who we think could have done it."

Marguerite

Remiel

Remiel frowned at Marguerite.  "In that case, change my vote to Leorobin. I don't think Imogen is guilty of this deed."

Marguerite

Marguerite cocked a brow, "You do know I am not voting more for her but even out the votes. Either way, someone was going to get picked."

Remiel

He shrugged. "I am as much a fan of leaving it up to chance as anybody, but in this case it would not work.  If Imogen and Leorobin have the same amount of votes, the tiebreaker would go to our director Aludiana (who I supported, by the way), who would probably choose Imogen."

Marguerite

Marguerite shrugged right back, "Right now, all I can think about is sleep after watching out all night for the killer, Remy."

Saku

Saku was not entirely sure what to think. Perhaps she should change her vote to someone else but at the same time what if the one she had voted for was indeed the culprit? If she changed her vote and the culprit had been Imogen wouldn't that look bad? Yet at the same time what if Imogen turned out not to be the culprit? It was a rather hard decision to make. But she decided to let her vote stand. There wasn't any way to know who was responsible at the moment since it was early on in the game. She had no real suspicions of Imogen but then that applied to all the rest of the group as well. And someone had to pay the price it seemed so no matter who she voted for, one person would be cast out tonight...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Imogen

"Once again, I ask those innocent to reconsider. I had no hand in this and you will lose a valuable ally with me."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Revenent starts to fidget in his seat, wondering whether or not he made a huge mistake in jumping to conclusions. So many people had voted for Imogen, yet she didn't sound like she could have done it, so what if Leorobin was innocent and his first vote had just made everyone follow after him? They could be condemning an innocent man! Leorobin had voted for him in return, though, but that may have just been a defensive measure.

Aludiana of the Dusk

"Imogen, if you aren't guilty, then please, tell us who you really think is guilty and why. You seemed rather ruthless and very much out for yourself when the director was being chosen, why shouldn't we suspect you? After all, I doubt the majority of the group knows you well enough to truly trust you. Or would I be wrong?"
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Imogen

"I have no idea who to suspect." She sighed and spread her hands in a helpless gesture. "It's true I would love to play the part of the Queen of Hearts, but would I be so outspoken about it if I had planned to kill for the part?" Imogen shook her head. "I'd have kept silent and made sure no one noticed me."

"I have no idea who the murderer is, I only can tell you that if you look at me you are making a huge mistake."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

In the end the votes were cast.  Changed.  Changed again.  And perhaps recast.  All that mattered was that one individual had stood out from the rest: Leorobin.  There was not time for any further protests to be made, for a red spotlight fell upon him and burned bright on the Understudy, a man destined for the role of Partygoer #1.  The loud marching came first from the back of the theater, and then echoed its way through the house as the four large playing cards, spears in hand, surrounded Leorobin.  Then with a thundering boom and an:

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

The cards and Leorobin disappeared in a large puff of red smoke.

One Understudy had been revealed.  Would the two others prevail despite the Thespians' starting luck?

Cast and Crew
Leorobin (6)- Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden, rottenaim, Imogen, Remiel
Imogen (5) - Aludiana of the Dusk, Josietta, Kyrsa, Saku, Marguerite
Revenent (1)- Leorobin
Kyrsa (1)- Valerian
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Josietta
Marguerite
Remiel
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen's face turned green. "That could have been me..." She whispered. "I changed my mind... I don't think I want to play the Queen of Hearts anymore."

"Excuse me.." She brought her hand to her mouth and ran off to the restrooms.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aludiana of the Dusk

She'd watch the spectacle as Leorobin was carried off by the playing cards acting as guards. It was quite a disturbing sight, actually to see them being carried off in a puff of smoke with the guards chanting "Off with his head!" Disturbing as it was, the others seemed to have been right that Leorobin was capable of treachery. It made little difference now, as he was gone, presumably to his death, and there were other, still living cast members who could be in danger.

"Somehow I still doubt Leorobin would have murdered for the role of Alice. Natalia's killer is probably still out there. We should all be careful and try to stay together as much as possible, that should limit the opportunity for future killings."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Revenent

Revenent sighed with relief as it turned out Leorobin was, in fact, guilty, letting him feel just a little bit less bad about condemning him. Of course, now the chances were even lower that they would pick the right person, and what if it ended up being him that was picked? He shook the idea from his mind, convincing himself he wouldn't be lynched.

Saku

Saku breathed a sigh of relief when the one who was chosen did actually happen to turn out to be a feared understudy. It had not been the one she had voted for but at least one of the guilty ones had paid the price. Now she had some basis to work with. Those who had voted for Leorobin were most likely innocent because why would his fellow understudies want to send one of their own to the fray? That being said, she decided that Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden, rottenaim, Imogen and her friend Remiel were the ones to pay more attention to in the future.
I'm back!

Josietta

Josi sighed a bit as Leo had potential as the Mad Hatter. She supposed sometimes even the best in show can be evil, after all look at those beauty queens who poison each other just to win a crown. It was entirely possible. She sighed and glanced around before moving toward the side and sat down on the edge of the stage watching the others reactions for some semblance of who might know what is going on, and why things have happened, or even just who might've been close to the convicted one.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Poetic Fury

Ali watched as Imogen bolted from the area with her hand covering her mouth.  She shook her head slowly and looked around at the people remaining.  The way which Leorobin had been carted away was dramatic and completely fitting for the play.  And she wholly agreed with Aludiana, it was not likely that he was out for the role of Alice. 

Sinking down into a chair she hugged her knees in toward her chest and rested her chin upon her knees.  Opting to remain silent she simply sat and watched those around her.

-Anonymous

Aludiana of the Dusk

"Someone should probably go check on Imogen to see if she's alright." The director spoke, calmly, as though she were trying to keep her mind from drifting back to the odd, yet strangely disturbing scene from earlier. At the same time she spoke though, she felt uncomfortable with being the one to do so.

"Saku, maybe you? Or Josie?" She'd look at the other two women, hoping one of them would volunteer.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Josietta

Josi looked up toward Aludiana and tilted her head. She wanted her to check on the person she had just voted as a suspect. That would go over well. She nodded anyway and gave her a meek smile.

"Sure. I'll check on her. I'm sure she just needed some air."

The young actress slipped up from her place and started out after Imogen, stopping by a refreshments table to grab a bottle of water, just in case she needed it.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

desert ashes

Just then the stage lights flickered and then went out, the stage pitched into darkness.  There were collective gasps and shuffling -- near the back a small scuffle could be heard -- and yet when the lights came up minutes later, the only evidence of any possible mishap was a discarded knife kicked near the edge of the stage.

The Producer was doing their job well... but would that make it harder or easier for the remaining Understudies to be revealed?

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Josietta
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Josietta, Kyrsa, Marguerite, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, Saku, Valerian

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Saku

Saku looked over at the director when she heard her name being called. A wave of shyness rushed throughout her and she was unable to respond quickly. As a result, Josi was able to respond before she could. Biting her lip, she watched as the other woman set off to check up on Imogen. Ahh one chance lost to do something good but it didn't matter, there were always more chances that would appear in the future. And she didn't really want to be known in this particular play, after all she was a beginner and only wanted a small role. Any more than that and she would probably freak out and forget her lines.

Darkness consumed the stage area a second later and Saku screeched, disliking the darkness intensely. She didn't mind it when she knew it was going to be dark but when it went out unexpectedly it took her a few seconds to gather herself together. Saku dropped to the floor and curled herself up into a ball as she waited for the lights to come back on again, squeezing her eyes shut. Someone should say something once the lights were back and then she would open her eyes.
I'm back!

Remiel

During the darkness, footsteps approached the prone Saku.  Then, she felt a hand on her shoulder, which no doubt caused her to panic even more.  But the lights came on, and it was only Remiel.

"It's okay," he consoled her.  "It's just me.  I think one of the remaining Understudies tried to claim another victim, but was unsuccessful."

He lingered long enough to help her to her feet, and then he turned to the rest of the cast.  "Clearly, anyone who did not vote for Leorobin last round is now suspect.  Marguerite, I think you need to explain why you were so keen to protect him."

Poetic Fury

Ali froze when the lights went out, curling more into her chair as she listened to the scuffle in the dark.  When the lights came up her gaze fell on the abandoned knife at the edge of the stage.  She swore softly under her breath, dropping the partially eaten Red Vine onto the seat beside her, having utterly lost her appetite. 

Hearing Remiel's words, Ali shivered and glanced around the room.  Two faces were missing and she was starting to wonder if Imogen was showcasing the Lady who doth protested too much.  She reserved her speculations for now, wanting to hear what Marguerite said prior to casting judgment on the rest.

-Anonymous

Aiden

"I find no fault in Remiel's logic, I to want to know why Marguerite sought to protect him and his treacherous ways so."

Marguerite

Marguerite yawned and stretched as she looked at the voting boards. "I voted for Imogen to even out the scores and leave it to someone else to vote. However, do not think me another understudy. You can vote for moi all you like but you will only end up getting rid of someone who is trying to help." Marguerite shrugged and was in the mood of not really caring. Sooner or later people's numbers were up and because she voted at the last second, she was going to pay for it. Such a damn shame but at least she had a clear conscience.

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Kyrsa (1) - Revenent
Marguerite (2) - Remiel, Aiden
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian

Still Voting: Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Josietta, Kyrsa, Marguerite, rottenaim, Saku, Valerian

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen smiled wanly at Josi. "I'm alright", she said. "A little shaken up, but that goes for all of us. Thank you for coming to look for me, I'm afraid my nerves got the better of me." She shook her head. "I want to play in this production too, but kill for a part? Only a maniac would do something so evil."

She sipped from a glass of water. A bit of color returned to her cheeks and soon she found herself read to rejoin the others. Giving Josi a grateful smile she caught Remiel's words as she returned. "I don't know if it was Marguerite; there were several who voted for me, but without anything else to go on I can't think of anyone else."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Revenent had just barely recovered from the first stressful round of condemning someone without any actual evidence, and now they were already at it again? Sighing, the young actor leaned forward and tried to calm himself to a reasonable level before he placed his vote. No point acting overly nervous and making everyone think he was guilty.

"Kyrsa," is all he said, not stating his reasons, though he clearly had them. Earlier, she had latched on with those who voted for Imogen, who he believed was innocent, with little reason or thought. He wasn't sure of it, but then again, they were all shooting blindly at the moment.

Remiel

"Mind you, I'm not entirely certain it was Marguerite," he felt it necessary to point out.  "Aludiana would probably be my second choice.  All we know for sure is that the only people we can (probably) trust are those who voted for Leorobin, since a single vote could have swayed the outcome."

Saku

Feeling a hand on her shoulder in the darkness made her nearly jump a foot in the air. But then the lights came on and she saw that the hand belonged to Remiel. Not someone who would hurt her, after all he had brought her to this place. Saku nodded when Remiel told her that it was just him and explained what had just gone on. "Mmm. I feel guilty for not voting for Leorobin. But I was unsure all around. This time I hope I won't make the same mistake." She said and looked over at Marguerite, wondering why Remiel had picked her. Shouldn't she follow what her friend did? After all, he had voted for Leorobin. It made sense to her to follow his lead since he had been one of the ones who had exposed the identity of the Understudy.
I'm back!

Marguerite

Another yawn was made by Marguerite as she looked over to Saku. "I am not going to argue considering I am going to enjoy seeing the rest of you scramble around to find out who are the two understudies. At least I can see the Man Upstairs about redecorating his new office. The man needs to spruce it up with some color."

Aludiana of the Dusk

"I too feel guilty for jumping to conclusions and casting suspicion on someone who was innocent. But I don't believe it to be Kyrsa. She is so quiet and withdrawn, I doubt she could even speak up for the part she wanted, no offense intended sweetie. Perhaps it was Margurite? Though I'm curious why she is suspect at all. Then again, Revnent's judgment was spot on last time..." Aludiana paced as she spoke, mulling things over in her mind. She was clearly bothered by something.

"Marg, please, say something in your defense, or at least cast your suspicions I don't feel good about casting blame on someone who may not be guilty."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Valerian

Val was busily scribbling notes in her copy of the script.  Of course this was hardly an unusual thing, though in this case, instead of stage directions and memory aids, she found herself trying to deduce a killer's identity.  It was a little thrilling, but mostly terrifying.

Unfortunately, the notes weren't a great deal of help.  Sighing, she listened quietly for a while as the others voted.  Revenant had certainly seemed to know what he was talking about with Leorobin, and now he, too, was voting for Kyrsa.  Maybe her earlier, vague hunch had been right after all.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Poetic Fury

Ali wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation but she did know that Margurite wasn't doing much to state her innocence.  It was hard to chose.  Did she go with the woman who protested too much or the one who didn't at all?  With her eyes still turned toward Margurite, she waited to see if the woman would say anything else about her situation.

-Anonymous

Remiel

"I change my vote to Aludiana of the Dusk," said Remiel, suddenly.  "I can never tell with Marguerite, but something about Aludiana's behaviour strikes me as suspicious."

Saku

Saku wasn't quite sure why Marguerite did not express her innocence. But at the same time she wondered if perhaps she was making a mistake again. There were plenty of others who had voted for Imogen last time, it could always be one of them. It didn't have to be one in particular. She didn't know their reasons for voting for the lady. Oh why did it have to come down to using their brains? Saku didn't consider herself very smart and liked to follow the path of those she knew because she didn't want to stand out. Why had Remiel called her up to be an extra when murders were taking place?

Blinking, she looked over at Remiel when he changed his vote to Aludiana of the Dusk and decided to follow his lead. He had been right so far, having picked Leorobin earlier.
I'm back!

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marguerite (5) - Aiden, Imogen, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Aludiana of the Dusk (2) - Remiel, Saku
Kyrsa (1) - Revenent, Valerian
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Josietta, Marguerite

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

rottenaim

She was relieved and surprised that her previous choice, Leorobin, had been an actual understudy. Relieved that the one eliminated was one of the treacherous understudies and seeing as how her aim was usually so rotten and far off the mark, thus the added surprise. She was just as uncertain with this choice, but she was relying heavily on a hunch and a quick rendition of enny-meeny-miney-Marguerite.

Kye

Kyrsa eyed her accusers and shook her head, a small frown wrinkling her brow.  "I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that I am one of the murderers, but you're both sorely mistaken.  I have nothing to do with the deaths, no part is worth a human life in my mind..." she said quietly. 

"Perhaps Saku had something to do with it... though I admit it's a completely random choice on my part, there's no way to know who is responsible at this point."

Josietta

Josi wondered if Valerian was right this time with her choice. It was still hard decision. Everyone voted for Miss Marguerite. She wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do or not. She sighed some and just closed her eyes and picked someone at random. Knowing her role in this could not cause the untimely death of an innocent, while the ones at fault were so well hidden amongst them all.

No offense to you Rottenaim .

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marguerite (5) - Aiden, Imogen, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Aludiana of the Dusk (2) - Remiel, Saku
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
rottenaim (1) - Josietta
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Marguerite

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marguerite

Damn, I thought I voted and it was for Aludiana.

-Chuckles and waits for the curtain to fall-

Imogen

"It may not do much good, but I can no longer believe in Marguerite's guilt. I shall change my vote to Aludiana as well."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

With the final votes cast it came down to a tie between Marguerite and Aludiana, and it could be no surprise that the Director would not choose herself.  On stage the lights extinguished and left a red spotlight on Marguerite.  Just as the spotlight focused on her, the four playing cards from earlier returned.  They thundered onto the stage, but unlike before they did not surround the woman.  Only one stepped forward... and he bowed to the Queen of Hearts, the role the Thespian had been destined for.

"Off with her head!" 

The playing cards' spears boomed down onto the stage as darkness gripped it.  Moments later the cards and Marguerite had vanished.

Cast and Crew
Aludiana of the Dusk (4) - Remiel, Saku, Marguerite, Imogen
Marguerite (4) - Aiden, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
rottenaim (1) - Josietta
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting:

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

All was not quiet when the curtains fell and shrouded the theater in temporary darkness.  There were sounds of movement and wisps of air that cut across flesh, and for a few seconds a scuffle broke out.  Muffled groans erupted from the dark corner and then a THUD!

When the lights came back up, it was Aiden laying slumped in the corner, a dagger plunged through his heart and his hands gripped about a large, round clock, for Aiden had been a Thespian cast in the role of the White Rabbit.

The Understudies had aimed well.

Cast and Crew
Imogen
Josietta
Kip
Kyrsa
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Imogen, Josietta, Kip, Kyrsa, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, Saku, Sanguine Obsession, Valerian

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

Remiel regarded Aiden's corpse with dismay.  "Alas, poor Aiden! I knew him, Saku."

He sighed.  "Well, my instincts were telling me to vote for Aludiana, so it's just Kip's misfortune that he stepped in to fill her shoes..."

Valerian

Val peeked out cautiously from behind one of the backdrops.  "Sorry, Kip.  I have to agree with Remiel."  Then she ducked back nervously, watching the rest of the voting quietly.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Thinking back, Aludiana was the one who tried to sway Revenent's mind back when he was the first to vote for Leorobin. It seemed quite possible that she had just been trying to sway the vote away from one of her allies. With her gone, though, Kip would have to have taken her place.

Josietta

Moving over to settle next to Imogen she sipped her water and gave Imogen a reassuring hug, knowing that she must feel bad about Aiden. Josi knew she felt the loss. He had great potential. Josi was confused and looked around at wondering why they would accuse the director who they all appointed when before Kyrsa was thought to be at fault but had not spoken up to defend herself at all. At least Imogen defended herself later when accused and a number of people were voting for both of them as well as themselves against each other.

"What if you all were right before and Kyrsa is involved? Why would the director be the understudy? I'm just trying to understand why we would appoint someone director if they are the death of us, to be blunt. Any insight here? I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon like before, but looking at our past votes, Kyrsa came up in more than one vote."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Kip (5) - Remiel, Valerian, Imogen, Revenent, Saku
Kyrsa (3) - Josietta, Sanguine Obsession, Eden
Eden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Saku
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Kip, Kyrsa

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Saku

Saku shivered as she looked over at Aiden's corpse. How could this be happening to them? If she had known such danger was afoot, she might not have agreed to try out for some parts here. Yet she trusted Remiel and so she decided to place her faith in him. "Did you know him for long, Remiel?" She asked her friend, wondering whether they had been close or not. Saku nodded when he spoke of his suspicion of Aludiana, she had felt something a bit off about the woman as well. But she was hesitant to poke fingers and cast blame. However, when Remiel chose Kip she nodded her head as well. He should know what he was doing, right?
I'm back!

Poetic Fury

The girl formally known as Ali(012281) before her identity crisis finally spoke up.  "I'm going to have to go with Josi on this one and vote for Kyrsa.  I can see her point, however if Kip makes it through then he just may get my vote next time."

Struggling to keep her eyes from where Aiden's body was, Ali kept her gaze focused on the floor in front of her.  "Sorry, Kyrsa," she added softly.

-Anonymous

Nadir

Eden edges in and sits down, pulling off a Phantom of the Opera mask and mouthing 'wrong theatre' to anyone who glances over.

Shi takes stock quickly and came to the conclusion that maybe Kyrsa isn't so innocent...

Kye

Shaking her head Kyrsa sighs and throws her hands up in the air.  "I am not a murderer, some of you are looking in the wrong direction.  I really have very little choice in who I vote for, not that my vote is going to count at this point.  Kip."  With that Kyrsa sat down on the edge of the stage, her feet swinging back and forth as she waited for Kip's vote.

desert ashes

The stage had been set.  With more than majority of support against Kip, none could be done to save the last minute replacement. 

In a sudden flash, the stage lights extinguished to leave a single beam of crimson red pooled over Kip's form.  One by one the large playing cards came filing out from the wings, large, looming scythes carried in their hands, and circled around him. 

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" They shouted and boomed down the end of their scythes on the stage!  With the extinguish of the light, all was heard was the final scream of the Understudy destined for the role of Partygoer #2

When the lights return to the stage, the playing cards had disappeared. 

Cast and Crew
Kip (5) - Remiel, Valerian, Imogen, Revenent, Saku, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (3) - Josietta, Sanguine Obsession, Eden
Eden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Saku
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Kip

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

Creatures were stirring in the darkness of the stage.  Footsteps crept, stumbled over the Producer, who was drunkenly asleep and not guarding their Thespians, and the Props Manager let out a small hiss before continuing toward their target.  All it took was just one snip of the lights, the ones that were hoisted high above the target's head.  One little snip ...

SWOOSH!

Josietta's blood curdling scream pierced the darkness as the heavy lights dropped.  A moment later there was nothing but silence as the theater lights flared to life and all could see the tragic sight of the final Understudy having met her gruesome end at the hands of the Props Manager.  Valerian stood with her scissors in hand and eyes wide at where the villian lay slain.  Around the stage and the gathered Thespians, a warm breeze trickled through the air as the de Chantal Theater gave a sigh of relief.

As the curtain fell for its final time, the applause broke out among the darkened audience. 

Cast and Crew
Eden -- Stage Manager/Alice
Imogen -- Thespian/The Duchess
Kyrsa -- Thespian/The March Hare
Remiel -- Thespian/The Cheshire Cat
Revenent -- Producer/The Caterpillar
Saku -- Thespian/The King of Hearts
Sanguine Obsession -- Thespian/The Mock Turtle
Valerian -- Props Manager/The Mad Hatter

Leorobin -- Understudy/Party Goer #1, Lynched, Act 1 Day
Marguerite -- Thespian/Queen of Hearts, Lynched, Act 2 Day
Aiden -- Thespian/The White Rabbit, Killed, Act 2 Night
Kip -- Understudy/Party Goer #2, Lynched, Act 3 Day
Josietta -- Understudy/Party Goer #3, Death by lights, Act 3 Night

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin