News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Princess Bride

Started by Valerian, July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

The Rules:

Since this is a Mafia game, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, one of the Florin Peasants (an NPC) will die!  The next day, the players will vote first on a Mayor as a tiebreaking role.  There will then be a vote on a player to be removed.  That night, another will die at the hands of the Villains (unless someone happens to intervene), and so on.

Should you happen to conspire with others via private message, please remember to include me in the loop.

Please do not vote to lynch yourself.  Also, I ask that all players vote in every lynch.  If you know that you will be unable to vote in a particular round due to absence, etc., please let me know as soon as possible.  Also, please put your votes, whether for Mayor or for the lynch, in bold.  Votes may be changed up until the final result is officially announced.

The Roles:

Florin Peasants: The townspeople.  They must attempt to save themselves through the power of the lynch vote.

The Mayor: An elected role.  If the lynch votes are tied, this role has the power to break that tie.

The Lovers: Westley and Buttercup, of course!  Since this is an assigned pairing rather than one randomly chosen by the Cupid, the win condition for the Lovers is different than the usual.  They are both good-aligned roles and share the win condition with the Peasants, that of lynching or otherwise removing all the Villains.  The Lovers can trust each other implicitly.  If either Lover is killed, however, either by lynching or during the night phase, the other Lover will also die of a broken heart. (See also The Doctor.)

The Bodyguard: Fezzik, the gentle giant.  This role can choose one person to protect from the Villains during the night phase.  They can also protect themselves, though they may not protect the same person two nights in a row.  If the person being protected is targeted by the Vigilante, then the Bodyguard and the Vigilante will kill each other.

The Vigilante: Inigo Montoya, the Spaniard.  This role can, once per game, choose a person to target and kill during the night phase.  The target will die unless protected by the Bodyguard, in which case both Vigilante and Bodyguard will die in the ensuing fight.

The Spy: Vizzini, the Sicilian.  Some call you ruthless, some mad, but you know things about people, and you're willing to share that information for the right price.  (Note that this is a good-aligned role, despite the character.)  This role can investigate one other person during each night phase and will gain information about that person's role.  They will only learn if the role is good or evil, however -- no specific roles such as "the Bodyguard" will be given, only Innocent or Villain.

The Doctor: Miracle Max.  After the night target is chosen, this role has the option to intervene (once and only once) and save the target from death at the hands of the Villains.  If Miracle Max chooses to save the target, the target's name will then be revealed to Miracle Max; if not, Miracle Max will not know who the target was unless or until it is revealed during the day phase.  If Westley is successfully targeted by the Villains (that is, if the Bodyguard is not protecting Westley) and Miracle Max is still alive and has not yet used his ability, then Westley will automatically be revived and both he and Buttercup will survive.  Miracle Max cannot save Westley from dying of a broken heart if Buttercup is killed, however, just as he cannot save Buttercup from the same fate.

The Priest: The Impressive Clergyman.  Once per game, this role may choose to intervene in a lynch by testing the potential victim for innocence.  If the target is innocent, that person is spared from death.  If the target is guilty, the lynch proceeds as normal.

The Villains: The unholy alliance of the scheming Prince Humperdinck, the ruthless Count Rugen, and the mysterious Albino.  Your goal is to eliminate all other players using your night ability and be the only players left standing -- and of course to start a war with Guilder.

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Some sig images for anyone who wants them.  ;D

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179597.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/12/PBSigImage1.gif[/img][/url][/float]

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179597.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c8/PBSigImage2.gif[/img][/url][/float]
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Welcome to the Great Square of Florin City!  It's a beautiful day, of course, and time to choose a new Mayor.  Everyone feel free to mingle, and please don't forget to cast your ballots.  Vote early, vote often!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

Persephone idled about, enjoying the beautiful day that had fallen upon the city. Today was a special day. The day the people were to elect a new Mayor. He, or she, would be the one to protect them from the evil villains who had weaseled their way into the quaint city.

Well, the most logical choice would be to vote for someone level-headed, calm, and who wouldn't make hasty decisions... She thought to herself as she mulled over the candidates.

Hmm... Well Dim Hon fits the criteria perfectly in my opinion. Sephie decided, and made her way to cast her vote.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

Miss Josietta had been at the market that day purchasing and bartering for various goods. Her basket was full of fruit and vegetables along with a few rolls of fabric for knitting and sewing.  She stopped for flowers as well thinking of how nice it would look in that vase on the table near the dining area. The time had come to vote in a new Mayor as well and she had to think long and hard about who would be well enough for the job to keep the order in the city and move things forward as they needed to. A city as busy as theirs would need that guidance and she was all for getting that position filled as soon as they could.

Dropping by the voting ballot on her way through to the town square she wrote on a slip of parchment her own vote and cast it in with the others. With any luck James Moriarty could help them stay on track and keep the city from crumbling under the pressures of chaos. With her vote cast she slipped off to drop the basket of goods at the church and paid her respects staying to have dinner with those there, who obviously didn't get much in the way of visitors.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Zelric Miras

Mister Leorobin walked around the marketplace with a small leather bag for his purchase, it was a lovely day and quite fitting for some shopping. And the opening of the mayor position was just another excuse. He had cast his name into the choices, as many had, but he knew his vote shouldn't be cast upon himself. Or at least that was his conviction. Perhaps a bit too eagerly, he scribbled James Moriarty on a piece of parchment and folded it up neatly before dropping it in the ballot. -Hopefully the best for the post is elected- He mused towards the next one to cast his/her vote with a smile.

-Good day- He said with a smile before moving towards the vendors.

Geeklet

"Oh, what an auspicious day," Geeklet mused to hirself. With the mayoral position open and up for election, shi had pondered her choices. Though Geeklet knew that there was only one person for the job, hirself, naturally, there were doubts that others felt the same way. So for now, shi just decided to put a name into the voting box, curious as to the ramifications of what may come. Upon the slip of paper that was slid into the box, in a flowing cursive, the name Krysa was written.

James Moriarty

Walking with a measured step into the Great Square, J. Moriarty observed his companions with a distracted smile and a offered a nod of recognition to many assembled whom he already knew, and shook hands and introduced himself to those he did not.  Contemplating the choice of Mayor carefully, he tapped a white-gloved finger on his salt and pepper mustache.  With a quick, knowing smile, he wrote, "Remiel," on a small slip of parchment and dropped it with the others into the box.  Voting being a thirsty business, he settled into a chair at one of the tables outside one of the taverns that was situated on the Square and ordered an ale.

Remiel

Remiel wandered around Florin, his imagination racing.  Who was who?  Who were Wesley and Buttercup?  Who were Vizzini, Inigo and Fezzig?   Every person he met could secretly be one of his favorite characters.   His only disappointment was that he wasn't the Dread Pirate Roberts.  Oh, well, he thought.  I suppose the Dread Pirate Remiel doesn't sound too completely amiss.

After giving thought to the question of who should be Mayor, he picked a name at random.  "Falanor is as good a possibility as anyone."

Kye

Kyrsa wandered aimlessly around Florin, her thoughts on who she wished to be Mayor.  She knew little of the people so far named, and was more than a little flustered to find that someone had voted for her.  After much thought she finally settled on a gentleman who appeared trustworthy to her.  "I believe Remiel would be a good choice."

Falanor

Falanor pondered as he wandered through the City of Florin, wondering who would pick him to be a leader of anything.  "Well," he thought to himself as he looked at the others, "I don't think I'm a good choice.  But if I were to choose a Mayor, Kyrsa has a good voice..."

Beguile's Mistress

Mayor is an awfully responsible position, BeMi thought to herself and ran the list of available candidates through her mind.  Each of them was talented in one way or another and would do a good job but she agreed with those who favored Kyrsa with their vote.  She possessed an analytical mind that would be put to good use making the necessary decisions.  Nodding to herself she decided she had made a good choice.

Nadir

With a drum of hir fingers, Dim Hon considers all the others of the town, imagining which of them would be best suited to the place of power. A very difficult choice to make, as many seem to hold aspects desirous in a mayor, but taking note of how the day advanced shi come to hir conclusion - James Moriarty - based more on his dapper suit and quite fine looking leather shoes rather than whatever leadership skills he may possess.

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

James Moriarty (3): Josietta, Leorobin, Dim Hon
Kyrsa (3): Geeklet, Falanor, Beguile's Mistress
Remiel (2): James Moriarty, Kyrsa
Dim Hon (1): persephone325
Falanor (1): Remiel

Yet to Vote: That Girl Analise
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

That Girl Analise

"I would likewise be willing to put my faith in Moriarty," she said, chiming in later than planned

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

James Moriarty* (4): Josietta, Leorobin, Dim Hon, That Girl Analise
Kyrsa (3): Geeklet, Falanor, Beguile's Mistress
Remiel (2): James Moriarty, Kyrsa
Falanor (1): Remiel

And with that, James Moriarty became Florin's new mayor.  The rest of the day was given over to feasting, drinking, and merriment, as everyone toasted the occasion.  You don't elect a new mayor every day, after all, so the people had good reason to celebrate and forget their worries for a while.  There were some nasty rumors circulating that something was afoot -- no doubt the people of Guilder were behind that something, since everyone knows how conniving they can be -- but with their new mayor to guide them, surely nothing too terrible could happen.

Little did any of the townsfolk realize that this would be the last carefree day any of them would see for quite some time...

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Zelric Miras

Leorobin heard the results with little interest, his thoughts were more bent towards the groceries than the mayoral vote. He was amused that the one he had casted his vote on had become the mayor, yes, but hopefully that wouldn't be the high point of his day.

Josietta

Miss Josietta was happy to hear her choice was the winning decision. She felt he would do well in office at least from what she could see. Spending her afternoon helping out at the chapel, she helped out the orphans as well and then moved to the kitchens to begin dinner. Many vegetables would have to be cleaned and sliced before being added to the bit of mutton she had found at the market. A mutton stew would be welcome at the feast she was sure, as well as the fresh baked loaves of bread. With any luck some of the other townspeople would bring wine and cheese. The feast would be something for all to take part in, no matter what rank of society they lived on. Still she made sure to leave some behind for the chapel as most of them would likely not attend the feast. Making her way to the town square she placed her baked goods and hot mutton stew on the tables of offering and closed them up to keep it warm and insect free of course. From there she would look around at the others offering smiles and nods of hello to those who did the same to her.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Beguile's Mistress

With all the foods provided for the feast and the dancing and entertainments sure to take place the people were certain to work up a thirst.  BeMi dispatched a couple servants to her home to bring back a cask of ale that had been fermenting in the cooling shed as her contribution to the celebration.  After the men had tapped the cask and took a tankard of ale for themselves as their reward she invited all to partake.  Then looking for somewhere else to lend a hand she sampled a tidbit here and there of the wonderful spread.  The man selected wasn't her choice but who knew.  Maybe they would get lucky with him.

James Moriarty

"I would like to thank you for bestowing on me this great honor," James said with a sweeping bow.  "I will do everything in my power to lead our great town into prosperity and a lasting peace."

Valerian

The next day dawned bright and sunny, and the citizens of Florin rose (with varying degrees of enthusiasm) to start their daily tasks, hopeful of the new regime.  But for one citizen, there would be no more sunrises: The Booing Woman, as she was known to one and all, had been killed in the night, thrown from the Cliffs of Despair.  Distinct traces of a brief but fierce struggle were found -- old and frail-looking as she was, the Booing Woman had still put up a fight.  Yet who could have done this?  Annoying she might have been, with her strange habit of booing everything in sight, but she certainly hadn't deserved such a cruel death.

The good citizens had to find the killers amongst them and remove the miscreants from the fair town of Florin!

Time to storm the castle... that is, time for the lynch vote!  Remember that votes can be changed up until the moment the final tally is posted.

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"I heard the last person she "boo'd" was Leorobin," shi mutters softly after shi heard the dreadful news. "It's awfully suspicious..."   

That Girl Analise

"I don't think that means much, in all. After all, if memory serves she's boo'd most --if not all of us --in her long lifetime," Ana shook her head, sighing at the memory. "Geeklet was also fairly recent, no? The perfect frameup for a murder would be to wait for her to boo again. Not that I have any real frame of reference," she added. Though no one outwardly liked the old woman, she couldn't think of any enemies that she had.

Geeklet

"Oh come now. She may have been jealous of me, but that does not mean I would sink so low to murder. If jealousy towards me is enough motive, then I'm sure many more would have died by now." Geeklet let out a wry chuckle before letting out a sigh and shaking hir head in disdain. "No, I have no reason to stoop down to that level. I think something more sinister may be afoot, here. Personally, looking at those assembled,  I have my doubts about Beguile's Mistress."

Josietta

Josietta knew it was really a guessing game at that point as no one seemed safe. She looked to those gathered and watched for a sign of some idea that someone was to blame here. Without too much to go on her gaze rested on persephone325, where she waited to see if some clarity could be gained.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Beguile's Mistress

"You're right, Josi.  None of us are safe and none look like the murderer.  We've all been booed by the unfortunate victim.  Why all you had to do was cross her line of sight and you became a target."  BeMi thought about the times she had received the woman's attention and shook her head.  "She was more of a nuisance than anything else."

A few moments passed with BeMi deep in thought about the situation.  "Perhaps it was someone who had a guilty conscience and thought her boos carried weight with others.  That person could get rid of her just for that reason alone.  Now who could possibly have a guilty conscience around here?"

Her speculative gaze fell on Falanor.

Zelric Miras

Dim Hon's accusation struck him as offensive, it was far from his hands to do such a thing. "I lack the necessary abilities to perform such a thing. This loathsome deed is not of my doing." He shook his head and looked at the one who was quick to point the finger at him. "Perhaps it was you the one who assassinated the Booing Woman, and is looking someone to discharge your guilt." The accusations were flying around him and he wondered who of them was really guilty.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Beguile's Mistress (1): Geeklet
Dim Hon (1): Leorobin
Falanor (1): Beguile's Mistress
Geeklet (1): That Girl Analise
Leorobin (1): Dim Hon
persephone325 (1): Josietta
That Girl Analise (1): James Moriarty

Yet to vote: Falanor, Kyrsa, persephone325, Remiel
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

"Well, clearly we've all been the victim of the boos at one point or another.  Equally clearly, we have so little evidence to go on -- we may accidentally participate in a travesty of the very justice we so dearly wish to attain."  A solemn look to those assembled.  "But then, we must make our votes, and so I must mention that I, too, have found myself from time to time quite jealous, or perhaps envious, of Geeklet -- so I know all too well the sting of that bittersourspicysweet emotion.  And so I must look upon That Girl Analise with ever so slightly more suspicion than the rest."

Remiel

"Who isn't jealous of Geeklet?" added Remiel.  "I mean, really?"  He shrugged, and then lapsed into deep thought as he contemplated his options.  Never one to break with tradition, he looked for someone who hadn't yet had any votes in hopes of provoking an eleven-way tie.

"Josietta, I really have nothing against you at this point, but," he shrugged.  "You know."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Geeklet (2): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa
That Girl Analise (2): James Moriarty, Geeklet
persephone325 (1): Josietta
Josietta (1): Remiel

Yet to vote: Falanor, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

In truth Kyrsa had no idea who could have done such a horrible thing.  She barely knew the people being accused, but the thought that one of them could be responsible for the woman's death left her off balance and suspicious of everyone, even those who had been kind to her.  In the end she kept coming back to Geeklet, though she couldn't have said why.

Geeklet

It is a shame that it looks like even a mere two votes could be enough for unjust action to be taken against me. Though I still have my suspicions about Beguile's Mistress, it seems as though I must switch my vote if only to save myself from a premature punishment. It is with much reluctance that I must therefore point a finger towards That Girl, Analise.

That Girl Analise

"I guess it's only fair that you point fingers at me when we know so little, but I would be careful" she said. "Upon my death my innocence will be proven and people will look to you, Geeklet"

Geeklet

Oh it is nothing personal, Analise. I would rather have spent my vote upon Krysa, as she was the one who actually broke the tie. Doing that, however, would actually accomplish very little. But should someone else decide to vote for her, I would gladly change again.

Josietta

Josietta was torn between holding her suspicions on Persephone or shifting them to the same place as their newly appointed leader. However others started to make her wonder about how well they could be trusted as well. Remiel's decision to vote for her was forgiveable as he was as clueless as she was on who might be at fault. Accusations drawn make hackles rise and she had to watch closely to see just who protested too much for it typically indicated guilt. In the end she had to follow what their leader had chosen, as she did vote for him and must surely show some level of confidence in his decisions. She changed her vote at the last minute to That Girl Analise, following only what she felt was guided advice by the mayor.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

That Girl Analise (3): James Moriarty, Geeklet, Josietta
Geeklet (3): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa, Falanor

Yet to vote: persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Falanor

Falanor pondered the reasons for everyone accusing everyone else.  When he heard his name being called it startled him from his reverie.  "I'm not sure why someone would kill the old woman..." he started, "But I don't recall seeing Geeklet anywhere during that time."

persephone325

A tie... I should have cast my vote sooner... Persephone scolded herself. Now, she felt a heavy burden rest on her shoulders. Should she break the tie? Or vote for someone different? If only she had made up her mind sooner! But, she couldn't change the past.

With a heavy sigh, her gaze came to rest upon Geeklet. Her actions seemed suspicious as of late.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Geeklet

*There was a slight eyeroll as hir name was called yet again* Oh, this is rich. I find it amusing that you come to me in private and ask me to prove my innocence, despite the fact that not many of us really have a clear view on everyone else's innocence or guilt. And yet when I tried to find out just why your gaze was set upon me, and what I had done to deserve such scrutiny, my inquiry was promptly ignored. Tell me, how can I "prove" anything when I don't even know what I have done wrong?

It seems I am not long for this world, thanks to a few unscrupulous scoundrels. So take this as a warning that not everyone is as they seem. Perhaps there is a conspiracy here, but please, do not let my passing be in vain!

persephone325

Persephone sighed.

"I find it suspicious that you became defensive right away. You automatically assumed that I thought you were guilty, when that word never left my lips. 'Prove your innocence' does not necessarily mean that you are guilty. It merely means you are in a gray area, and that needs to be cleared up." She crossed her arms and shrugged.

"There was no need to become so defensive at a simple request, unless you had something to hide."
I don't know.

Nadir

Still believing Loerobin to be part of the scene, Dim Hon realises he would not see justice this day - so to punish some other for a minor (maybe imagined) slight, hir vote changes to That Girl Analise, restoring an uncomfortable balance to the situation... if for a short time 

Geeklet

Quote from: persephone325 on August 09, 2013, 11:10:54 PM
Persephone sighed.

"I find it suspicious that you became defensive right away. You automatically assumed that I thought you were guilty, when that word never left my lips. 'Prove your innocence' does not necessarily mean that you are guilty. It merely means you are in a gray area, and that needs to be cleared up." She crossed her arms and shrugged.

"There was no need to become so defensive at a simple request, unless you had something to hide."

If you do not believe me to be guilty, then why have you cast your vote against me? No one said you HAD to break the tie. You could have voted for someone else to show where you truly think blame lies, and let our illustrious mayor have decided the tiebreaking vote. As far as myself becoming defensive goes, at the time Krysa cast her vote for me (who I now believe to be rather suspicious) and broke the large 1 vote per person tie, there were only three individuals who had yet to cast their blame. When there is a chance that only a few individuals could decide the fate of someone else, you had best believe I was worried.

Kye

"So, anyone who votes for you is suspicious, Geeklet?  I believe that right now any of us could be guilty or innocent.  None of us has any way of knowing who the culprit could be.  I chose someone at random, and I truly am sorry if you are innocent. If I could simply walk away from this I would, believe me.  I have no desire for another innocent person to die," she says, sounding tired even to her own ears. 

persephone325

After Kyrsa spoke up, Persephone added "I never said you were innocent, either. You are in the gray area, and that's never a good place to be. Especially when people are being murdered. Why is it that you have such a problem with my request, when Analise did not? You say there's no way to tell who is on one side or another this early in such a trying time, yet she was able to do just that with ease."

"You're right. I didn't HAVE to break the tie. But when once party suddenly gets extremely defensive at a simple request from another, you can bet that looks very suspicious. That's all it takes to cast a shadow of doubt upon them." Persephone firmly stated.
I don't know.

Beguile's Mistress

"Sometimes a request is simple to the one who asks and complicated to the one being asked.  In all honesty, I thoroughly dislike being asked to justify myself and often look at the one asking for explanations as someone to distrust."  BeMi spoke softly from a place only slightly removed from the discussion.  She had cast her vote because a vote was needed.  It had been done in the hope that if she was wrong her suspect would be safe or if she was right others would suspect him as well.  Her suspicions were drifting in another way now and might be a factor in future considerations.

Geeklet

Quote from: Kyrsa on August 10, 2013, 11:53:52 AM
"So, anyone who votes for you is suspicious, Geeklet?  I believe that right now any of us could be guilty or innocent.  None of us has any way of knowing who the culprit could be.  I chose someone at random, and I truly am sorry if you are innocent. If I could simply walk away from this I would, believe me.  I have no desire for another innocent person to die," she says, sounding tired even to her own ears.

Ordinarily, a random vote would not be suspicious. But the timing of it, with so many others having voted, and it being the first vote to actually put one person in the majority (however small it may be) with so little votes left does strike me as suspicious, yes.

Quote from: persephone325 on August 10, 2013, 12:17:25 PM
"You're right. I didn't HAVE to break the tie. But when once party suddenly gets extremely defensive at a simple request from another, you can bet that looks very suspicious. That's all it takes to cast a shadow of doubt upon them." Persephone firmly stated.

Except I never was defensive. Right now we all have so very little to go on, and you asked me to do something I am unsure how to do. When I stated that fact, and asked how you thought I had done anything as to where I needed to prove that I was innocent, I received no response to my question. The fact that you will not tell me nor anyone else why you initially thought that there was ever any doubt as to my allegiance, that is what begins to raise my ire. I can surmise that one of two outcomes is more than probable. One, you don't know, and are simply joining a bandwagon. Two, you are the one responsible, and now that this town has begun investigating the incident, you are trying to determine if I am a threat or not.

Perhaps I am simply overthinking things on that last particular point. I've been known to do that on occasion. If that is the case and you are indeed innocent, then I do apologize. But you must realize that everyone is a little on edge upon finding out that there is a murderer among us.

Kye

"Someone had to break the tie, just like someone has to vote first.  I'm sorry you are taking it personally," Kyrsa said with sincerity before she backed out of the conversation, having come to the conclusion that it was going to go nowhere. 

persephone325

Persephone shook her head. She noticed Kyrsa attempting to leave, and she decided to do the same.

"Some people just don't get it. It's like beating a dead horse..." She muttered and rolled her eyes. "If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. If not..." She called over her shoulder, then headed into her home.

Everyone's acting so ridiculous. She sighed sadly. The once peaceful place, and friendly townsfolk had turned on each other.
I don't know.

Remiel

"People! People!" cried Remiel, borrowing from another trope.  "This is supposed to be a happy occasion!  Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!"

This is supposed to be a happy occasion!

Zelric Miras

"And still someone was killed... It is a matter of concern, as the culprit must be found." Leorobin crossed his arms and leaned against a wall. He hoped this was an isolated matter, that someone was infuriated against the woman and reacted badly. Perhaps they were overthinking it. He only desired that this discussion would lead to the culprit.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

That Girl Analise (4): James Moriarty, Geeklet, Josietta, Dim Hon
Geeklet (4): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa, Falanor, persephone325

With a last, anxious flurry, the votes again settled into a tie -- even if not the eleven-way tie some might have hoped for, for their own mischievous reasons.  And with that, all eyes turned to the new mayor, who found himself making a terribly important decision before he'd even been in the job for a day...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

Moriarty took the podium and gestured for quiet in the square.

"It is a sad circumstance that has brought us to this place -- where we are forced to make guesses at who among us is working to disrupt our fair town.  We cannot know yet who is most guilty, and yet we must act.  It is therefore with a heart heavy with the pain of knowing that this choice may be wrong that I must stick to my... swords... and cast the scales against That Girl Analise.  May you be spared here, or in the next life, if you are innocent."

Valerian

All watched hopefully as their duly-elected mayor spoke and the lynch proceeded, with That Girl Analise protesting her innocence the whole way.  Alas, she was not deceiving them, for too late it was discovered that she was, in fact, an innocent Peasant who meant no harm to anyone.  It was an inauspicious beginning, but the innocents had to persevere...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise - Peasant, Lynched, Day One

Night roles, please PM me with your choices!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

She had stood by the mayors decision when he chose Analise and when he again cast the deciding vote her faith in him did not waiver. However when it was found that the girl was innocent she felt remorse and said a prayer for the loss of innocence once again. She knew there was no way of knowing her innocence so she decided not to dwell on the bad mistake for too long. With a sigh and a heavy heart, she no longer felt joyous in their previous celebrations. Instead she decided to head home in hopes that the light would keep them safe for the night is dark and full of terrors. After she washed up and dressed for bed, Josietta made sure to lock the doors and windows, say a prayer before bed and tucked herself in. It was going to be a long night and hopefully some sleep would come peacefully for her.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Persephone shook her head and looked down sadly.

"Sorry, Analise... I couldn't spare you. But I'll make sure the evil-doers get what's coming to them." She locked her door and headed to her bed. Perhaps a good night's sleep would make her feel better.
I don't know.

Nadir

"I believe this sad occasion calls for a.." shi clears hir throat and points a finger at Moriarty. "Booooooooooooo!"

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi doubles over in a fit of giggling she can't control and points at Dim, crying, "Boooooooooo!" at her with a naughty glint in her eyes.

Valerian

Few of the citizens find any rest that night.  Even those who aren't too nervous to close their eyes find the usual quiet of the night disturbed by the commotion of quick, furtive movements and anxious whispers.  Fearing the worst, the townsfolk are pleasantly surprised, however, to discover the next morning that no one was lost during the night!  Whatever had happened, it seemed some sort of guardian angel had been watching over the good folk of Florin.  Yet clearly there were still evildoers in their midst, and they still had to be wary...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Zelric Miras

Leorobin woke up to find himself alive...and seemingly everyone else. It was a good way to wake up, or so he mused as he headed to the town square. -It seems nothing happened last night, that's good.- He said as a greeting to a bystander.

Geeklet

"This is most certainly a relief. I had feared that because of all the ruckus yesterday, that one might seek revenge on me in the night. It does sadden me the events of yesterday, but I hope that we all have learned much from these events, so that perhaps we can bring those actually at fault to justice."

Josietta

As safe as she felt that no one had met with trouble the night before Josi couldn't shake the feeling that someone was up to no good. She just had to figure out who it was and where they stood or why they would kill where it wasn't necessary. Evil rooted in many people in different ways and she knew that if they didn't dig up those roots and find the source that it could be the death of the city as a whole. With a heavy heart and a deep felt sigh she started back down the streets toward the markets. She would watch those who passed by and those who looked her way. Anyone could be at fault and she was quite sure that everyone would be blaming everyone else for the issues. The mayor would likely get a good bit of fault for poor Analise's death. However they really didn't know. It was purely circumstantial and unfortunately an innocent was blamed. It was what happened in these times. Many innocents died in order to find the truths. Could Kyrsa be at fault? or was it another?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

James Moriarty

"It does appear that we had a very fortunate evening, one that should give us some hope after the ugliness that came before.  Josietta, why was it you voted for Annalise, and now for Kyrsa?  Perhaps if we knew what guided your hand, we could more surely evaluate your innocence in these matters.  After all, you and Kyrsa were on opposite sides of the last near-tie, and now, you vote for one who had been intent on outing Geeklet.  With Annalise's innocence now intact, one does wonder whether you may have been attempting to protect one of your brethren..."

Nadir

"Leorobin has been acting suspicimous alllll night. I was perving through his windows - you don't want to know what I saw, but I saw it and I can tell you. It was suspicimous!"

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Josietta (1): James Moriarty
Kyrsa (1): Josietta

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Falanor, Geeklet, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi sat at a rustic table beneath a canopy of bright red bouganvillea outside the village tavern.  The wine in her tankard was sweet and fruity and offered a pleasing aroma as she gazed into it's depths.  Of course, she realized with a sign, there was no answer in her cup nor in all the wine she might consume.  The same problem plagued her that afflicted her towns people.  There was a murder among them who must be ferreted out and dispatched before any others were so heinously killed.  But who among these people that she had known most of her life had become the right hand of evil and darkness?  Who felt that taking a life was necessary?  She wished hard for a stranger to rise to their feet and proclaim they were the monster and free her fellow citizens and herself from this uncertainty.  Shaking her head she made a heart-wrenching decision agreed with Dim Hon's opinion of Leorobin's purported guilt.  Still she waited for another to cry nay and proclaim their own guilt!

Geeklet

I feel I have to echo Josietta's sentiment. Most of the drama from yesterday was started by Krysa. Everything was so close, it was getting to the point where those who perpetrated the murder could swoop in and get another innocent party killed with little effort, and that is exactly what she tried to do. Just because Annalise turned out to be innocent, that does not mean that all those who sided with her are innocent as well. In fact, the guilty party may have used her and her death to solidify their own standing, and turn attention away from them. I, for one, will not fall for it.

Falanor

Falanor drank from a mug, a frothy brew helping wash away the mornings ill tides.  "Actually, all the drama was started with you, Geeklet.  When it came close to you being the one lynched you became very upset.  And then someone died overnight...the very person that voted against you.  And now you seek the blood of the other?  Sounds very suspicious to me."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (2): Josietta, Geeklet
Leorobin (2): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress
Geeklet (1): Falanor

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, Leorobin, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Zelric Miras

Leorobin nodded in agreement at Kyrsa's remark. -I hope the path we take leads us to justice and not mayhem...- He looked at Dim Hon with amazement and shook his head. -Spying at night on someone's window is certainly a suspicious behaviour, I wonder why you persist on pointing your finger at me. Whatever you may have seen or not at my house...Perhaps you were intoxicated. Only that would explain such lowly behaviour on following a man home...Still I might not be here if you were the perpetrator and at my window last night.- He mused about his accusator's motives and wondered what indeed the man had seen. His usual routine was not odd, at least he thought it wasn't.

He was taken aback by another accusation. -My esteemed Beguile's Mistress, you can't believe I would become a murderer over night!- He furred his brow and looked at the rest around them. Falanor had a point, the one who had died had voted for Geeklet's lynching, perhaps she was making sure she wasn't endangered?

Remiel

"Why must the most dangerously fashionable also be the most dangerous?" Remiel wondered aloud.  "Geeklet, let us see if you are up to no good."

Geeklet

Why must the fact that I was saving my own life mark me as one who seeks to end the lives of others? I did not want Annalise to perish. The only reason I even voted for her was because of a calculated risk. Yes, she had voted against me the previous day, but at the time I switched my vote to her, it was after our Mayor, Mr. Moriarity, had already voted for her. I surmised that should more drama ensue (which it did) and if things wound up in a tie, I still stood a better chance of being saved than if I had done nothing. Yes, it saddens me that another innocent had to perish, but if any of you were in my situation, and you knew that you were in fact innocent of the claims being thrust upon you, wouldn't you have done everything you could think of to save yourself?

Even though she may try and deny it, I know Krysa to be evil. As much as I wish to still save myself from unjust persecution, this is a fact that I am willing to go to my grave to prove.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (3): Josietta, Geeklet, Remiel
Geeklet (2): Falanor, Leorobin
Leorobin (2): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

Josietta looked to the mayor and rose a brow. "Mayor.. I followed your lead with Analise. If you recall I made my choices based on my confidence in your actions. The only brethren I have are within the church I attend each sacred day of worship. I have far too many homeless orphans and poor townsfolk to help feed and assist to even attempt to find time for such dastardly deeds as have been done these past nights." She wondered just how trustworthy the mayor could be now especially as he was one to send the innocent Analise to her death. She looked to others who again pointed to Geeklet. She looked to the others and then back to Geeklet again.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Remiel

"Geeklet makes a compelling case.  Very well, I switch my vote to Kyrsa." 

persephone325

As Persephone woke the next morning, she was relieved to find out there had been no deaths during the night. Breathing a sigh of relief, she opened her windows to let in the fresh air. It was then, she heard all the ruckus.

Leaving her house, it seems Geeklet was under fire again. The young Lady Persephone considered voting the same way. But in the end, she chose Leorobin. Perhaps that would yield better results.
I don't know.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Leorobin (3): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress, persephone325

Yet to vote: Kyrsa
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Kyrsa found herself forced to vote in order to save herself rather than for the ones she suspected to be guilty.  "The only thing I've done is vote like the rest of you.  The fact that you'd single me out when I've done nothing wrong makes me wonder which of you three are the killers, assuming you aren't all in on it together.  I'm sorry Leorobin.  They've left me no choice..."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Leorobin (4): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress, persephone325, Kyrsa

And the decision was made: Leorobin would be the one to pay the price that day.  This time, good fortune was with the townspeople, for soon it was revealed that Leorobin was in fact the infamous Prince Humperdinck.  His nefarious plans had been thwarted!  But the Prince could not have been doing all this alone -- he would never have gotten his hands dirty.  (Literally -- everyone knew he hated to get his hands dirty.)  Who else might be behind all the death and chaos?

Night roles, please PM me your choices!

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin - Prince Humperdinck, Lynched, Day Two
Remiel
persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"I told you he was suspicimous!"

Valerian

The next morning, people leave their homes with some trepidation.  Again there had been strange sounds during the night, a good many of them, as of several people up to varying degrees of No Good, and it was not surprisingly a somewhat uneasy group that gathered again in the town square.

And indeed, not all were present.  Not one, but two were nowhere to be found.  After some investigation, it was discovered that Beguile's Mistress had apparently been taken in the night, brought to the infamous Fire Swamp, and had there fallen victim to the terrible Lightning Sand.  A glance at her home was enough to confirm the truth -- she had been Miracle Max, purveyor of miracles to the rich and famous (at least until that stinking Prince Humperdinck decided he didn't need a Miracle Worker, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject).

But further surprises awaited the townsfolk.  Also missing was their mayor, James Moriarty.  He was found in his home, clearly killed in a swordfight, a mighty duel between two skilled swordsmen.  But it was the mayor who had fallen, and the victor was long gone, not staying to take credit for the night's work.  For credit was indeed the right word, as the mayor was, in fact, none other than the dreaded Count Rugen, and the townsfolk had thus been spared the rule of a villain.

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress - Miracle Max, Killed, Night Two
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty* - Count Rugen (The Six-Fingered Man), Killed, Night Two
Josietta
Kyrsa
Remiel
persephone325

The next vote will be for a new mayor, not for a lynch!  Vote early, vote often!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"I believe the only way for us to find peace and safety from the terrors on the night is to appoint Persephone as our mayor!"

Geeklet

I agree. Though she and I may have had our differences in the past, I do believe now that Persephone is a fine choice for mayor.

Josietta

Josietta was unsure of who to vote for now. She had trusted Mayor Moriarty and now found out that her trust had lay with an evil man.  She was disheartened but glad that he was no longer a threat. The  news of Beguile's death was saddening and she prayed for the woman in hopes she found peace in the afterlife. Now more than ever she was confused on who to trust and who was to blame for everything.  A new mayor did have to be voted in and she looked to Remiel for her vote.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

persephone325 (2): Dim Hon, Geeklet
Remiel (1):  Josietta
Josietta(1):  Kyrsa

Yet to vote: Falanor, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Shaken more than she would admit by the discovery that their Mayor had been one of those behind the recent rash of murders Kyrsa was hesitant to name someone else to the position, afraid to put someone else into power who might kill innocent people.  In the end she had to vote, however, and Josietta seemed like a good choice. 

Remiel

"Hrmmm... we know that persephone325 voted for Leorobin, and as such cannot be a villain," Remiel reasoned.  "Thus she has my vote."

persephone325

When the morning came, Persephone was shocked to find that two of the townsfolk had passed during the night. She wasn't surprised to find out that James, their "trusted" mayor, had been working against them. Inconceivable? Hardly...

But BeMi's death put her on edge, due to the fact that she had been Miracle Max! What would become of the lovers, should one be attacked during the night? Persephone shuddered to think...

With James out of the picture, a new mayor had to be elected. So far, a few of the townspeople were kind enough to put their trust in her. Though she was surprised to find Geeklet was among them. Persephone was starting to doubt her earlier suspicions.

"Thank you, my friends. But I believe Dim Hon is a more capable leader than I. My vote hasn't changed from before." Persephone nodded satisfactorily.
I don't know.

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

persephone325 (3): Dim Hon, Geeklet, Remiel
Josietta(1):  Kyrsa
Remiel (1):  Josietta

Yet to vote: Falanor
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

And so it was that persephone325 was formally installed as the town's new mayor.  There was less rejoicing this time, though, since (through no fault of her own) her first official duty was unfortunately to preside over a lynch vote...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress - Miracle Max, Killed, Night Two
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty - Count Rugen (The Six-Fingered Man), Killed, Night Two
Josietta
Kyrsa
Remiel
persephone325*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"Is it me or does Remiel look kindda... pale to anyone else?"

persephone325

The time came again for the lynch vote. Persephone weighed her option carefully, coming to the conclusion that Josietta seemed the most suspicious to her. She had voted with James almost every time there was a lynch, and it had just come to light that James had been working against them.

For now, she seemed the most likely suspect.
I don't know.

Josietta

Josi could not condemn Persephone for believing she could be one of those guilty. She had given her no reason to trust her. However, one might think her duties within the church would have shown the girl the truth of her place in the city. She looked toward Dim Hon and was unsure that Remiel was truly to blame. Especially after private discussions. She tilted her head back to Dim again and looked at Kyrsa then back again. "I think Remiel just needs more sun. But then again.. one could hardly tell."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Dim Hon (1): Josietta
Josietta(1):  persephone325
Remiel (1):  Dim Hon

Yet to vote: Falanor, Geeklet, Kyrsa, Remiel
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Geeklet

Enough. No longer shall this charade continue. Upon the first murder, I hid my true identity, as I know I am not often looked upon kindly. But now, in this situation, I do feel safe enough to inform you all of the truth. While you may know me as Geeklet, I am, in fact, the great Vizzini! While it is true, I have worked for these ruthless scoundrels in the past, it was only for the coin, and now I believe they are trying to use this situation to silence me, among other things. But listen to me, and heed my words. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Krysa is involved in this devious and heinous plot!

persephone325

Persephone was shocked beyond words at Geeklet's announcement. If the words were true, she could not just ignore them. Hearing Geeklet's role in everything, and how adamant her accusation was, Persephone was swayed from her original vote.

"Geeklet, you seem set in stone. To lay everything out in the open like that takes real courage. I will side with you on this, and change my vote to Kyrsa. Unless there is evidence to the contrary."
I don't know.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (3):  Geeklet, persephone325, Dim Hon
Geeklet (1): Kyrsa

Yet to vote: Falanor, Remiel
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"My vote has been swayed to Kyrsa, too"

Kye

"Would I really vote to oust my companion if that was the case?  I admit that I was forced to vote for for him to save my skin, but I could have found a way around that if I wanted to.  With James as the mayor, if I wanted to vote for someone else... say Geeklet and create a three way tie last time he would have chosen someone else.  Instead I voted for Leo.  That is not the action of a guilty person! What proof do you have? You seem to have had it out for me from the beginning."

Geeklet

You voted to oust your fellow villain in a plan along with our mayer to make the two of you look more innocent. What you didn't count on though, was him getting killed at night. I admit that his inclusion into your circle of evil had eluded me thus far. I had suspicions, but no actually proof as of yet. To whoever figured it out and took it upon themselves to commit the deed, I commend you. But back to Krysa. I initially suspected you once you started the chaos upon the very first day. That night I chose to study what I knew of you to divine every bit of information I could. It was then that I knew you were evil, and why I "had it out for you" as you so eloquently put it, because I was attempting to rid myself of the evil I know, and deduce the affiliations of those others around me based upon the reactions.

Kye

"It seems to me that what you say could easily be a plot.  It sounds like you are desperate.  Perhaps you're the last bit of 'evil' left, and you simply want to get rid of someone you know can actively work against you.  Everything you say is suspect, just as everything I say is.  Because no one truly knows who had a hand in the murders."

Remiel

Remiel nodded as Geeklet pointed hir finger at Kyrsa, thus confirming his own suspicions. 

"Although I have already slain the man who killed my father, it looks like the Albino who was his accomplice is still at large.  Fezzig, whoever you are, would you care to jog Kyrsa's memory?"

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (4):  Geeklet, persephone325, Dim Hon, Remiel

Yet to vote: Falanor
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

"You realize if everyone just confesses the truth now, the evil will be rooted out.  It is a simple plan.  I am the priestess and hope that whoever is to blame here can find it in their heart to confess and ask forgiveness." She looked to them each in turn.  "Fezzig had been outted. Inigo has shown himself. Max was taken from us, and I am your Priest. Fezzik, Westley and Buttercup are all that remain. I think that persephone may be our Buttercup and Falanor our gentle giant, Fezzik. That leaves Dim Hon and Kyrsa.  Who is Westley and who is the mysterious albino?"

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

"I agree with you, Josietta. But how can we be sure that people will be honest and tell the truth?" Persephone questioned. "I believe the innocents out number the villains, but who can know if they have one last trick up their sleeve or not?"
I don't know.

Nadir

"I think too many people have come out for anyone to lie about it. Only Falanor is silent, which leaves only one role that might be hidden. Surely if Josie isn't the priestess, or Geek not Vizzini then the true priest(ess) and/or Vizzini would pipe up?"

Remiel

"Might I add that Josietta is quite Impressive as our Clergywoman?"  he pointed out.

Nadir

"I've decided. It's time for the truth to out. I am..." Shi steals Remiel's invisible tricorn hat and puts it on with a flourish and a dramatic pose. "The dread pirate Roberts! And also Westly. But mostly the dread-pirate!"

Falanor

Falanor grumbled, looking at all the votes cast.  "Not that it matters much, but I guess I'll throw in with the lot and vote for Kyrsa as well."  Sighing heavily, "And yes, I am Fezzik..."

Kye

"You've all made your decision with no proof.  You are going to hang an innocent woman, and then where will you be?  Another night closer to your own deaths!" she said, fear and exasperation in her voice as she threw up her hands and waited.  "As if anyone would tell their true identity. There's no reason to when everyone votes along with those they should fear."

Geeklet

You do realize that so far, no one who has come forward with their true identity has conflicted with anyone else? If there was just one person who had said "No wait, I am really 'so and so,' then your argument might actually hold some water.

The mistake that was made was when people began to die. Has no one ever told you NOT to go against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line?

Falanor

Falanor eyed Geeklet more.  "So, you're Sicilian then?"

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (4):  Geeklet, persephone325, Dim Hon, Remiel, Falanor

With the whole town seemingly against her, Kyrsa didn't stand a chance.  That was all right, though, since she was in fact up to no good just as much as the Prince and the Count.  And with the Albino out of the way, the town was now safe once more!  The feasting and merriment began again in earnest, and though people sometimes will scoff at what the storybooks say, everyone managed to live happily ever after.

Recap of game events soon to come!  ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE