News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mage: The Ascention

Started by Plot Hooks, September 23, 2011, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Twinscythe

Group PMs it is then ^_^ No big deal.

Plot Hooks

You could use this thread...

It does seem convenient enough, and it's already started!

I'll contribute where I can.   I also like getting insight to PC's.   It's neat to watch.   :D
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

AndyZ

Count me in if there's still room.

I have a Euthanatos idea from back when that I'd love to reuse.  Knight of Radamanthys.  If that's no good, I'll see what else I can imagine up.

If that does work, I can tell some of my ideas to the ST to see what he thinks.

I do have Skype, by the way.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Senti

I dont have Skype. Also I am not sure I would be on at the same time as anyone else much. British girl here.

Plot Hooks

Sorry Andy, this is full-up for the moment.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Senti

Should I put up my character idea's and see what fits?

Plot Hooks

Senti

Well here are a few thoughts.

A gypsy (not the romantic type) think  ‘Snatch’ the film.

A half Native American that was brought up by her very posh English family

Tibetan monk  (Yes we know what tradition)

A Pakistani girl from an English council estate. 

A young battered wife with a child.

AndyZ

Quote from: Plot Hooks on September 24, 2011, 09:09:24 AM
Sorry Andy, this is full-up for the moment.

Completely understandable.  I request to be put on the waiting list if you start one, and to be informed of other games starting if any should arise.  I hope you all have fun ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Starlequin

Alright, sorry it took so long for me to get back to this; RL kind of went nutty on me  for a little while. Is this game still on, does anyone else have a character or concept ready?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Plot Hooks

I'm still game, but what you see is what you got.

Senti

sent a background hope it works .

Plot Hooks

I want to inform everyone that there may be signicant portions of the campaign set in'other realms.'  You should build your characters accordingly.

Starlequin

So,  I'm guessing we arent going to go through collaborating on our character histories and such? or are Senti and i the only ones still playing? (i have a VAdept that began as a sleeper working for the Void Engineers until he Awakened and realized what was going on, and now works as a freelance 'security consultant' to cover his work against the Union, if any other players want to connect their char with mine somehow.)

Senti

Well I am playing a battered wife or rather former battered wife, at present hiding, with her young child. (The character was a nurse). I can post the long background if you like?

Starlequin

Sure, why not? I'll post mine later tonight; I wrote it out longhand earlier today, so ill run the numbers and type it out when I get home later.

Update: *sigh* sorry I'm late. Again. Here is most of my CS; it's not quite complete, but I think it gives the gist of what I have in mind.

Senti

This is background for her but CS will come soon.

Emily Mathews nee Carpenter was born in an average terraced house in a small town in Scotland. She was rather a pretty girl with blond hair and dark blue eyes, but was painfully shy. The fact she talked with a lisp did not help. However the girl was relatively cleaver and did well academically, though was certainly not sociable.

Her up bringing was normal, living with her parents and he older brother. After she finished school with reasonable grades she went on to go to nursing school. After all she was a caring person with a nurturing nature. Whist doing part of her training Emily met a young American business man who was working in Edinburgh and had ended up on her ward recovering from having his appendix removed. He appeared smitten by her from the beginning and rather swept her off her feet. For though attractive the nurse had never really attracted any attention. (or at least she thought so as she was so shy.)

Her mother did not like the man but there was little she could do as Emily was an adult. After a only a few months the two married, as Emily thought he was all she could want in a man. Not long after the said wedding. He returned to America with his new bride.

Unfortunately things started to change not ‘the pond’ separated her from her friends and family, and it was certainly not for the better. First it was the fact he did not want her to get a job, as he brought enough money in. Then he stopped letting her go out even to the shops unless he was with her. The man even went as far as to sell the second care. His excuse was he only wanted to keep her safe. However became more worried when he monitored her phone calls and then even took the phone with him to work.

Her husband was becoming increasingly jealous, and by now she had received more than a few slaps when he had seen a man look at her. The slaps became increasingly hard and before long they became fists. Emily was a prisoner in her own home. After a short time she had become pregnant sometimes he was nice about it other times he said it was not his and she should be rid of it.

The woman only hoped that after the birth of her daughter things would improve, how wrong she could be. Her husband became increasingly violent. She did leave once but he came and brought her back with all sorts of promises. Yet they were nothing but lies, and that was the first time he cut heart least it was not where it could be seen. Still this set a president for his spiralling violence. One night when some of his friends were over playing poker, her daughter was perhaps just over a year…

One of the men commented on what a looker Emily was and after they left the drunken man took a blade to the right side of her face. After she had bled for some time, and he had told her that she was no longer going to be looking so slutty now. He took her to the hospital explaining she had to tell them her attack was while she was out. So terrified of the man she lied though the doctors seemed rather unconvinced.

At least her daughter was safe with a neighbour …Emily was stitched up and sent home though given a number from the doctor that had tended to her. Of course her husband found it and accused her of her having sex with him, which of course was ridiculous, in fact he even went so far as to suggest that Emily was having an affair with him.

Of course the woman knew she had to leave, yet she was terrified of him and really had no friends and no idea about where to go. The worst happened when she became pregnant again, even if she did not want sex, she had no choice in the matter. For some time she said nothing about it but he noticed her putting on weight and that was the night the worst happened, he kicked her hard in the belly a number of times and then as she tried to run from the house carrying her daughter he pulled her to the floor and left her with a Glasgow smile.

She lost the baby and something strange happened…she was not sure, but as Emily lay bleeding a small boy with blond hair like her daughters came and took her hand and the next thing she knew Emily was in a hospital bed.

Strange dreams had entered her head but surely that was the painkilling drugs she was on mixed with the loss of blood. Her first thought was for Rosy but was unable to speak at the moment. Somehow Emily knew that the girl was alright but she had lost the unborn child. At this point the woman knew she could never return. If nothing else her daughter should not see this, should not be exposed to this, her largest fear was that someday he would turn on Rosy.

Senti

Yandros

I have to ask (since I just saw the thread), but is the game filled?

AndyZ

Quote from: Yandros on October 03, 2011, 06:36:09 PM
I have to ask (since I just saw the thread), but is the game filled?

Unfortunately yes.  I'm on the waiting list also.

Plot Hooks

For the moment, it is full.   I've really only gotten two fleshed out concepts thrown at me.   I'm going to give the other two a little time to make a pitch.

Yandros

Quote from: Plot Hooks on October 04, 2011, 11:49:05 AM
For the moment, it is full.   I've really only gotten two fleshed out concepts thrown at me.   I'm going to give the other two a little time to make a pitch.

Ah well.  Best of luck with the game.

AndyZ

Plot Hooks, since you have people who haven't put down a concept yet, would it be acceptable to you if I throw down my concept on here?  I fully understand that it might not be taken up, but I saw it as more the sense of offering a resume than of forcing myself into the game.

But I figured that this might be rude and just wanted to see if you'd be alright with my doing so, without any obligation for you to take the character.

Plot Hooks

Lycan, Zeon...  Are y'all still in?   If you sent or posted a character concept/sheet, I've missed it.

Andy, I think it'd be best to wait.  I've got two solid concepts,  and I'm pretty eager to get going.  I'm going to alow a few more days for a response.

Lycan Queen

We're still in and mega sorry for all delays. Work has been nuts for both of us, especially since one of his co-workers took the week off. I've got a few ideas in my head, but haven't finalized anything yet. I'm leaning more towards a Daughter of Ether, but for something better matching to the campaign, will probably go for Virtual Adept.

I like the Verbena or Cult of Ecstasy, but I'm having trouble thinking of interesting character concepts for either. If anyone has an open character idea that could tie into theirs I'd love to hear it.