X-men: Imagination - Sandbox - Recruiting Open - Students now Welcome

Started by Alias, November 09, 2017, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Quote from: Wajin on December 29, 2017, 04:37:22 PM
So sorry, been immensely busy over the holidays. Will send Alias the sheet soon, not quite happy with it yet

no problem! All of us have taken a bit of a slowdown for the same reason.

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 29, 2017, 06:32:30 PM
Annnd adding  bookmark and going to wander off contemplating a character. 

yay! Welcome, feel free to ask questions. Here or in pms are both fine. :)

BlackStone

Giantmutantcrab

Hello everyone who is interested!

I don't think there's any particular demand for a specific character.

There are several original characters in the game.

There are a couple of big names that have yet to be taken. Storm and Wolverine, to name a couple as examples.

Alias

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on December 30, 2017, 07:10:06 AM
Hello everyone who is interested!

I don't think there's any particular demand for a specific character.

There are several original characters in the game.

There are a couple of big names that have yet to be taken. Storm and Wolverine, to name a couple as examples.

Storm is available, but Wolverine is currently on hiatus. I want to let some time pass before we offer that role to some one else. The original player may or may not return. At some point, I'll re-open the role, not sure when, soon?

Quote from: interested parties

Feel free to ask me for help. :)

Giantmutantcrab

Hahaha, quote from interested parties

Ellipses

la dame en noir

No no no! I'm still interested in making Storm. I've just been busy with work and performing.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Alias

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 07, 2018, 11:03:27 AM
No no no! I'm still interested in making Storm. I've just been busy with work and performing.

noted!

Quote from: Alias on January 07, 2018, 01:49:57 AM
Storm is available, but Wolverine is currently on hiatus. I want to let some time pass before we offer that role to some one else. The original player may or may not return. At some point, I'll re-open the role, not sure when, soon?

Feel free to ask me for help. :)

redacted.
:)

Alias

Yes!! Welcome all again! We're back with a passion and we're recruiting again!

The previous incarnation of the game, the road that it took to get to 1,000 posts (only a couple away as I write this). Recruitment hasn't changed much, come on in and pitch me an idea. We're thirsty for new people, more than ever!

The Information Board feels fresher than ever. I've made a few significant changes in the philosophy of the game that will take shape as we step over that 1,000 post threshhold. There are a lot of changes, and I'm gonna list them below. This is a mansion based X-men game in 1987 with out any walls and a dynamic event system that I still believe in. If Squads form again, they will be natural and driven by players.

That change is so significant, I'll explain it before I list it, even to new players, just incase ya'll read the old version. I want you to be properly informed.

The game world that this is in is active. So, the pressure will still be there for the characters to accomplish big important heroic tasks. However, there are more ways to accomplish these missions now, and they aren't required at all. There are rules removed from the game. Basically, Operations are still there, but they are a sideshow. The freedom of this RP is taking the driver's seat. There are truly, no more walls for your characters to work around.

None of these are in effect truly until we get our own forum, but that won't be long, until then, it's business as usual, enjoy the game however you see fit for the next few hours. :)

The List of Changes!

• The Central focus, freedom. It's expressed heavily. I'm here to provide space for the characters to explore and be awesome.
  • Timejump, We will be in January of 1987, however the last day of 1986 will be available for New Years Ever fun to happen "in the current"
  • New Boards are Coming. A full mansion with all the bells and whistles. Old mansion threads will be archived as well as many of our other current IC boards. And a couple distinct Flashback threads will become available to organize the past with absolute efficiency.
  • The Characters are reorganized into alphabetical order. If squads form again, that will be reflected.
  • Three Characters. Yes. I repeat. A third character spot has happened up. New players will be given some priority, be nice, new players are almost always better.
  • Rules have been removed. No more posting frequency rules. Just be respectful and follow E's guidelines with diligence.

Excited for new players!! And New PCs from our veterans.
Loves to All!!
Alias!

Ace Flyer

Woo! Working on a CS for Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane then. Since...I can't think of anyone else who isn't taken.

And I miss my Rahne :(

Crash

Oh I can think of a few still out there for new players.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

WhatLiesAbove

Alias

Yay! Excited for the sheets. Same format there, PM to me. :)

Crash

Hmm Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Nocturne or Stepford Cookoos....  Not sure yet...

Leaning towards Cookoos to be honest.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Giantmutantcrab

You guys know we have to leave characters available for other players, right?

Crash

Yep.  It is why I went with a more obscure character.  I am leaving the big ones like Banshee, Storm, Polaris and such for others.  I like minor characters anyway and there are still plenty of those like Dust, Husk (a personal favorite), NTW, Nocturne...etc...etc..

I am just going to claim Skyer Samuels now as a play by and start working on a character sheet for the Cuckoos.

Crash

Here is a work in progress submitted for approval.

BASIC INFO:

Legal Name: Pheobe, Mindee (Irma) and Celeste Frost
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Three-in-One / The Cuckoos
Citizenship and other legal info: American
Place of Birth: Lab in England
Education: The Sisters are high school students. They have the general knowledge that would be imparted to a student of the Institute.  Along with their academic studies the sisters are also trained in basic combat techniques by both Emma and the staff at the institute. They are full combat ready members of the X-Men when they need to be.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 105 lbs
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance:

OTHER INFORMATION:

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Ons/Offs: Player’s
Characters:  Truly unknown at the moment.  PM me and we can work some stuff out.

Wealth Level: Wealthy
Personality: The personalities of the three girls are often quite similar in terms of speaking and action. They are very close, and almost always consult with one another before doing anything. Though the girls do have their occasional arguments from time to time, they all more or less act the same and do things together. On the flip side each Cuckoo has demonstrated a different interest and/or personality trait when they are not all together.

Phoebe

Phoebe has demonstrated some aggressive behavior and has often acts as the de facto leader since the death of Sophie. Phoebe is the first to suggest action and had a cooler head in stressful situations.  She is the hero that everyone wants the cuckoos to be.  She enjoys watching sports (especially football) and finds the Fame (the TV show) to be vapid and annoying.

Mindee (Irma)

Mindee enjoys playing piano. She is the thoughtful, yet playful one.  Mindee can be introspective to the point of philosophical when she wants to be, but she enjoys the simple things in life the most; good music, good food, board games with friends.  She is the level headed mediator. Mindee also loves Fame (the TV show)

Celeste

Celeste is he most timid and affectionate of the Cuckoos.  She is also individually the more powerful telepath when it comes to reading thoughts.  She is a good listened and highly empathetic.  She is slowest to react violently in a situation.  Celeste also loves Fame (the TV show) and dancing.  She is a very good dancer.

STATS:
Fighting: 03 - Agility: 04 - Strength: 04 - Endurance: 05  - Reason: 07 - Intuition: 07 - Psyche: 10

In Diamond Form

Fighting: 06 - Agility: 04 - Strength: 06 - Endurance: 10  - Reason: 02 - Intuition: 02 - Psyche: 10

POWERS:

Telepathic Hive Mind - The Stepford Cuckoos have a linked hive mind, which allows them to share thoughts and maintain a continuous telepathic connection. The link is strongest when the girls are in close physical proximity. Their collective mind also allows for increased telepathic strength and shared intellect. The girls' powers are greater the sum of its parts. A stronger personality can take lead of the hive mind, but the girls still maintain their independence.  This gives them a range of telepathic abilities such as Reading Minds and Projecting their thoughts, altering or erasing memories, cause paralysis and telekinesis. When together than can block other telepaths from reading their minds.  They can also triangulate and track people by their psychic signature.

FLAWLESS ORGANIC DIAMOND FORM - Cuckoos have the ability to transform themselves into a flexible, translucent, organic diamond-like substance while retaining mobility. In this form, their skin is as hard as real diamond. In this state, food and water are not needed for an undetermined amount of time. Their diamond form does not require a conscious hold and thus will remain until it is voluntarily triggered back. Nothing can enter or escape from their core. However, maintaining this form for extended period of time reduces their emotional capabilities

ADVANTAGES:

BOOK SMARTS – The Cuckoos share all of the knowledge of their experiences and have access to the information in each other’s brains.  When one reads something they all know it.

TRIVIA MASTERS – Their ability to share information and Mindee and Celeste’s obsession with pop culture means they have stored massive amounts of useless knowledge along with the useful stuff.

TELEPATHIC LINGUISTICS – Due to their telepathic abilities, the sisters have gleaned a general understanding of most languages, and for those they don't know, they just read the mind of the speaker. While they might not be fluent they are versed enough to stumble through a conversation and get the jist of it.

DISADVANTAGES:

LESS IS NOT MORE – Together the Cuckoos are quite powerful.  Apart all of their powers other than the ability to communicate telepathically with each other are significantly reduced. The further the sisters are apart, the weaker their gestalt is. While the exact ranges vary significantly, more than five miles apart and the gestalt starts to suffer with a drop of a sheer cliff.

LOSS OF POWERS –. While in their Diamond Form, the Cuckoos are unable to access their own telepathic powers, or feel emotions.  Losing their telepathic connection is extremely uncomfortable so they really do not like using his form.

LACK OF EXPERIENCE – While physically the Cuckoo’s are twentysomethings.  In actual time they are only two or three years old.  They were implanted with false memories to give them an anchor and ability to function as well as the education of a doctorate level graduate student, but much of what it is to be human is missing.  They are often encountering new experiences especially socially.  When they do they often act like wide-eyed kids sharing the experience with their sisters.

JEALOUSY - The sisters are jealous of one another. When one is dating a person, the others do everything within reason to make the sister feel guilty. Maybe if they found someone fulfilling to all of them things would be different but the likelihood of that is slim.

OBVIOUS USE OF POWERS - Their powers are obvious when in use. If any of the sisters use any telepathic ability all of their eyes glow white.

SKILLS:

MULTIPLE COLLEGE DEGREES – While practical application and experience may be lacking the girls have a wealth of experience to draw on and are skilled in a number of subjects such as business, the physical sciences and psychology.

COOKING: –. The girls love to cook and are quite good at it.

HISTORY: Three-in-One’s history is a short and unfortunately violent one.  They were created as telepathic clones along with their former sisters as a way to destroy all mutantkind by Dr. Sublime.  What was Five-in-One were tasked with infiltrating the X-Men by the doctor as a test of their skill and powers.  For their time as students they covered their backgrounds through subtle telepathic manipulations that even Jean Grey and Professor Xavier did not detect.  However, Dr. Sublime was not counting on the girls developing some sense of individual identity.

While Esmee and Sophie remained on task the other girls; Pheobe, Mindee and Celeste grew to enjoy the school.  Esmee grew power hungry and resented Sophie’s leadership of the group and began using the drug Kick to boost her powers.  With her heightened abilities and the manipulation of some of her fellow students she began dealing Kick to others and tricked one of her fellow students into planning a student revolt against the institution.  This was simply a plot to get Sophie to sacrifice herself in order to put down the revolt before it started with an overdose of Kick which worked.  Five-in-One was able to wipe the drug from the students ‘bodies and rewire their minds against its effect, but it killed Sophie in the process.

Esmee was not able to keep her thoughts guarded from her sisters for long though and when they found out she fled with her boyfriend Xorn who she got hooked on Kick like she was. Esmee returned with Xorn to exact revenge on the Institution, but eventually betrayed her boyfriend and was in turn killed by him before he was defeated by the X-men.

Now three-in-One the girls retreated into their own collective until they graduated.  Much to everyone’s surprise Professor Xavier asked them to stay on as part of the X-Men.  The girls, now lead by the heroic personality of Pheobe, agreed and they began their training.  Much of the girls’ history is still a mystery to others and in some ways to themselves.  If all of their sisters were to awaken it could spell disaster for mutants everywhere.

OTHER NOTES: The cuckoos sexuality is kind of misleading.  It is a part of the human experience that they have never had so they have no idea what they would or would not like. Let’s just call them experimental for now and see where that goes.  Sharing is caring.

InnocentSynn

Sooooooo just for those checking this out, not only are there missions and such, but Alias is also very welcoming when it comes to her players coming up with ideas for larger group scenes.  The first example was RedPhoenix's Christmas Party for the entire group that went, at least in my opinion, extremely well.  And, as a follow up to that, we will soon also be having THIS little gathering......

IT'S PARTY TIME!!

Who doesn't love bowling?  No, seriously, who doesn't love bowling?  I mean, I sure do.  And I figure that since it's New Years Eve and all, we should have a bit of fun.  So after a few calls, and some judicious use of the Professors checkbook, I, Dominic Kincaid, arranged for us to have an entire bowling alley to ourselves for the night.  There will be pool, darts, arcade games, free food, open bar, and bowling(of course!)!  So instead of just sitting around like a bunch of lumps and watching a ball drop, let's hit the lanes and party it up until the sun comes up!  Only rules are to play nice and remember, clothing is ALWAYS optional.

Crash

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on February 01, 2018, 03:55:41 PMOnly rules are to play nice and remember, clothing is ALWAYS optional.

Wanna know what this means?

STRIP BOWLING!!!

Giantmutantcrab

Gonna be a great new year with a captured x man in apex custody while the others go bowling.

Just saying.

Crash

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on February 01, 2018, 09:56:41 PM
Gonna be a great new year with a captured x man in apex custody while the others go bowling.

Just saying.

But it’s STRIP BOWLING!

Ace Flyer

Kaia

I'm still interested.  I've somehow lost my sheet like 3 times, and have to start over.  *frustrated noises*

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Miss Kaia on February 01, 2018, 11:35:21 PM
I'm still interested.  I've somehow lost my sheet like 3 times, and have to start over.  *frustrated noises*

Google doc?

Crash

I am going to claim Ben Dahlhaus for a face claim and drop the cuckoos.  I have ideas. ;)