The Labyrinth: Next Generation (Recruitment: Very actively recruiting)

Started by LamentingQuill, September 15, 2013, 06:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

This will take place thirty years after the events of the Labyrinth motion picture. From the end of the movie and on will be very A/U.

No flames or trolling please, if this is not your cup of tea, that is perfectly okay. No one is forcing you t be involved, so let's show everyone their due respect.

Parts of the lore I have decided on will be that Jareth and Sarah came to an agreement, Jareth would send both her and Toby back, he would then give Sarah ten years to mature before she would return to the underground to become his queen.

Our story takes place literally twenty years afterwards on the eve of Jareth and Sarah's daughter's eighteeth birthday ball, attended by royalty from all over the entire underground. (Royalty of all races filled are expected to attend).

Things in the underground are about to get shaky and races that had before been... stand-offish (for lack of a better word)... will have to band together to save their world from an ancient evil that threatens to destroy them all.

You can belong to one of the races, but I prefer to fill the royalty first. There can be two royals per race, a prince and a princess. If someone wishes to play one royal child, then the person whom wishes to play the other of the set needs to coordinate with the other person to avoid conflicting information as the two will be related as brother and sister. For example, if someone chooses to play the fairy princess and does not wish to control the fairy prince, then the person whom wishes to play the prince will need to coordinate with the fairy princess's writer.

If you are not open to having a sibling, please tell me this right away and the other role can be a cousin instead.
I am reluctant to do as it would slim down the selection of romantic possibilities, but if you wish to have the kingdom to yourself (No sibling or cousin), please tell me and we will work something out for you.

It will be up to you and your sibling/cousin(If you have one) to NPC your parents and/or Aunt and Uncle. So be sure to communicate with each other on that.

Here are the races I have so far, please feel free to suggest any others you think of. I will open the OOC and Character threads after all the royalty have been cast. Aside from the royalty, we will never stop taking new players.

Character profile sheet
Name:

Race:

Position (Prince, Princess or commonor):

Appearance (Picture is great, description is acceptable):

Personality:

History (Keep it brief):

Interests:

Ons:

Sexual-

Non-sexual-

Offs:

Sexual-

Non-sexual-

Special abilites (Please check with me first):

Fun facts (Just interesting little things about your character):

Seelie faeries-

Princess:         Prince:

The ethereal and 'good' half of the fey species. The fey of the Seelie court are completely pure of heart and place the protection of their culture and race above all else.

Unseelie fairies-

Princess: Siobhan MoonShadow   (Played by Caela)      Prince: Saeros BloodSong   (Played by Thorneblood)

The darker side of the fey species, the Unseelie fey are enticingly beautiful and very dangerous, especially if crossed. Unseelie fey are prone to become extremely possessive in romantic relationships.

Mana fairies- A branch of the Seelie court- (Jareth's kingdom)

King: Jareth (Angiejuusan) Queen: Sarah (I can NPC her if need be)

Princess: Melody ( Played by LamentingQuill)         Prince: None.

A branch of the Seelie fey able to harnass the most of powerful of arcane magic, they provide magic to all three fey kingdoms.

Jareth of the Goblin kingdom is a member of this race. (Purely fictional, not really true).

The mana fairies make their home in the inner Goblin city closest to the castle while the goblin live happily in the shabbier parts on the outer rim of the city.

Moon elves-

Princess:          Prince:

A race of elves with skin so fair it is almost white, nearly all moon elves have silvery white hair and crystal blue eyes. It is rare, but they can sometimes have very fair blonde hair.

Moon elves have an affinity for the moon and can harnass Lunar magic and live in the mystical silver forest of Ithilrin

Sun elves-

Princess: Demelza Flint (Played by Chasseybaby)        Prince:

A race of elves with commonly tanned skin and hair ranging from hues of gold to hues of red. Sun elves have an affinity for the sun and can harnass fire magic.

The sun elves live in the tropical jungle forest of Altair. They are said to be incomparable hunters with a bow and arrow, they never miss a target.

Dark elves-

Princess:          Prince: - (Played by Kingmaster1)

A race of elves commonly with skin tones ranging from light grey to coal and many various hues of hair colors, some highly unusual like violet or blue.

The dark elves make their home in the Onyx forest west of the Black Mountain and often trade with the dark angels whenever they come down from the mountain.

Dark elves are known for being fierce warriors in combat.

Vampires-

Princess:          Prince: Kiernan ShadowWind (Played by LamentingQuill)

A nocturnal race with crimson red eyes and a necessity to survive off blood, the vampires are as infamous for being dangerous as the Unseelie fey, if not more so due to their predatory nature and mysterious manner.

The vampires live atop Voldaine Mountain, a mountain that reaches so high into the sky that it is perpetually night.

Werewolves-

Princess:          Prince: Lucian Shadowmane (Played by El Maligno)

A normally very peaceful race of fey able to take the shape of a massive wolf at will. Werewolves were a very proud and noble race ruled by their Alpha male and his consort, they are loyal to their Alpha so fiercely that they would not so much as even think twice before dying for him.

The werewolves live much like the Native American tribes of the Old West. World of Warcraft people need only think of the Tauren for a visual example of culture and lifestyle.

The werewolves occupy the rolling plains of Danaska.

Wood nymphs-

Protectors of nature, the wood nymphs live in the Golden Forest north of the Goblin Kingdom and are responsible for maintaining the beauty and splendor of nature in the underground.

Wood nymphs tend to have darker hair colors ranging from medium brunetter all the way to raven, they are said to be beautiful enough in visage to rival the elves and fey.

Water nymphs-

Princess:  Nimiane  -(Played by Ayahka)      Prince:

Protectors of water sources in the underground, water nymphs live in Lake Elysia in the Golden Forest and are close allies of the Wood nymphs. Water nymphs rarely roam from beneath the waters of Lake Elysia unless their presence is requested from other royalty.

They tend to have hair colors ranging from azure blue to seafoam green.

Merfolk-

Princess:   - (Played by Jemady Angel)       Prince:

Breathtakingly beautiful half humanoid and half fish beings that live in the great Valarian Ocean under the rule of their emperor and empress, their aquatic empire is what mortals know as the mythical Atlantis.

Merfolk have the ability to transform their tails into legs at will, but prefer to not do so unless it is necessary to leave their underwater empire.

Daemons-

Princess:          Prince: Prince Zamiel (Played by Scarification)

Hailing from the scorching desert planes of  Scorpira, these dark beings appear fey, but they are something much more dangerous and terrifying with evil demonic magic and rumors of practiced necromancy.

The Daemons give their loyalty to no one and will not become involved in anything that does not benefit them.

Angels-

White feathery winged ethereal creatures of unparalled beauty living in the clouds of the Underground, the angels are close allies of the Seelie Court of fey. Innocense, peace and morality are the most important things to the angels and they will stop at nothing to preserve these things.

They rarely come down from their city built upon the clouds unless summoned by the Seelie Court.

Dark angels-

Princess:         Prince:

Darkly beautiful and mysterious, these beings with wings of black feathers live atop the towering Black Mountain, an ominous mountain inaccessable by foot.

The dark angels are described as have a very cold and vain demeanor, they rarely take an interest in anyone or anything outside their mountain, but if they do... heaven help if you try to take it from them once they consider it theirs...

Thread Navigation

OOC Thread

Approved Character List

Labyrinth: Next Generation (Goblin Kingdom)

Labyrinth: Next Generation(The Labyrinth)

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 15, 2013, 07:11:30 PM
This is a very interesting idea >.<

Overjoyed you think so, are you interested in participating? :)

Chaosfox

Possibly I have alot right now Between this site and another site I will have to he how some things play out.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 15, 2013, 07:23:52 PM
Possibly I have alot right now Between this site and another site I will have to he how some things play out.

Well, if you have the time, I will be honored to have you :)

Chaosfox

LamentingQuill

Chaosfox

I only know one person that really loves the Labyrinth but shes not on this site and shes never been much of a rp person

Angie

I...might wanna play this. More so if I can play Jareth, because I wanna belt out Magic Dance.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 15, 2013, 09:42:07 PM
I...might wanna play this. More so if I can play Jareth, because I wanna belt out Magic Dance.

I intended to NPC him because I thought no one would want to play him if he's already married to Sarah with a daughter, but... if you want to play him, I would be more than happy to allow it :)

Angie

Ha, can't have Labyrinth without the Bowie! Besides, he's the entertainment for the ball. Dance, Magic Dance!

Plus, he's a pretty badass caster, it's like getting to play Gandalf.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 15, 2013, 09:53:44 PM
Ha, can't have Labyrinth without the Bowie! Besides, he's the entertainment for the ball. Dance, Magic Dance!

Plus, he's a pretty badass caster, it's like getting to play Gandalf.

I have you marked down as Jareth. Did you wanna take a prince or princess of one of the races too?

Angie

Eh, not really. I'm already doing a bunch of other games, playing an NPC is just right for me right now.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 15, 2013, 10:04:15 PM
Eh, not really. I'm already doing a bunch of other games, playing an NPC is just right for me right now.

Okay! ^.^

Izabella

Alright - we decided.

I'll play the princess of the dark angels and Snow will play the Prince of the Angels - I'm sure he'll post up in a minute telling you that, but I'm type A.

*laughs*

Oh... if no one picks up the princess of the angels, I'll want that spot too - to play his antagonizing sister. *laughs*

Is there truth in emotion or is it so blatantly false that it moves and stretches us to become the monster tomorrow that we foster today?

SnowMan

Quote from: Izabella on September 15, 2013, 10:36:48 PM
Alright - we decided.

I'll play the princess of the dark angels and Snow will play the Prince of the Angels - I'm sure he'll post up in a minute telling you that, but I'm type A.

*laughs*

Oh... if no one picks up the princess of the angels, I'll want that spot too - to play his antagonizing sister. *laughs*

My name is Snow, and I approve this message.

LamentingQuill

SnowMan

LamentingQuill

Chaosfox

So looking over the races I think I will take one of the Moon elves or on of the dark faeries just not sure which yet

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 15, 2013, 10:50:26 PM
So looking over the races I think I will take one of the Moon elves or on of the dark faeries just not sure which yet

Well let me know :)

Chaosfox

OK I think I know which race I want but  first I must  do I have to play the prince of the race or can I do the  princess ?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 15, 2013, 11:02:40 PM
OK I think I know which race I want but  first I must  do I have to play the prince of the race or can I do the  princess ?

I'd prefer the princesses are left for the girls to play, unless you wish to play both the prince and the princess. Which race was it?

Chaosfox

Thats fine Its the moon elves I will do the prince and wait to see if any one takes the Princess.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 15, 2013, 11:08:16 PM
Thats fine Its the moon elves I will do the prince and wait to see if any one takes the Princess.

Coolness! :D