Salem, 1692 [Complete] -- The Witches Win!

Started by Valerian, July 08, 2009, 10:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeven

Marguerite is as likely to be a witch as anyone at this point. 

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

Final voting:

Teno (4) - Ryven, Marguerite, Saku, LadySky
LadySky (2) - Silk Satine, Teno
Marguerite (2) - Duncan, Maeven
Silk Satine (0)
*Duncan (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

The villagers had spoken, and today Teno must meet his maker.  With the memory of the Preacher's terrible burning fresh in their minds, this time the death will be simpler.  A noose is quickly fashioned, and the protesting Teno is led to it.  His insistence on his innocence makes a few uneasy, perhaps, but the crowd will not be stopped, and soon all is over.

But once again it seems it was all in vain, for Teno was in fact a simple Villager, neither his person nor his home showing the slightest signs of witchcraft; nor was his death accompanied by any of the traditional signs that a witch has met his or her end.  Again an innocent has been killed.

• *Duncan
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron - Villager, turned into a newt
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - Preacher, burned at the stake
  • Teno - Villager, lynched

There are 3 Witches, 1 Confidante, and 3 Villagers.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Subdued, the remaining villagers retreat to their homes quietly, with little conversation.  Again a terrible mistake has been made, and no one feels safe.  Doors are barred, windows covered, charms recited to ward off evil magics, but for many, sleep does not come easily, and is haunted by strange dreams.

At daybreak, many rise anxiously, expecting further horrors.  And indeed, they are right to do so.  For as LadySky discovers when she rises to tend her children, her husband, Duncan is no more!  This time, in his place, a tiny snail moves slowly about the bed as though lost.

It seems that a new Constable will be needed, quickly.

• Duncan - Villager, turned into a snail
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron - Villager, turned into a newt
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - Preacher, burned at the stake
  • Teno - Villager, lynched

There are 3 Witches, 1 Confidante, and 2 Villagers.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maeven

Distress and worry marking her brow and weighing her shoulders, Maeven makes her way to the square after learning of the constable's fate.

"We need a new constable I'm afraid, I vote for Saku.  She'll keep us safe, I'm sure of it.

The Cardinal Rule

LadySky

The screams of sadness could be heard around the entire village as Goodie LadySky discovered her dear Duncan had been harmed by evil! She carried her now snail husband around as she walked the village in confusion. What would her children do now without their father? How would she herself survive?

Tears fell continuously as she attempted to comfort her children as they called for their father to come back. She would have voted for sweet Saku as constable but her archaic beliefs demanded a male have the job.

"I vote for Goodman Ryven to replace my husband." she whispered as she placed the little snail in a flower bed behind their home.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Marguerite

Marguerite blinked to see a snail in Ladysky's hands and then glanced towards everyone else. She voted for Ryven for he would surely protect them from the witches.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Solaine

"A snail," Silk whispers.  Well at least they weren't getting any smaller... just imagine being one of those poor worms that are stranded after a rain shower and left to dry out in the sun... a more horrible death she couldn't conceive...

"I-- I vote for Saku," she says fearfully.  "I agree with Goody Maeven, I feel she will protect us."
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Saku

Saku laughs at everyone voting for her to be the next Constable. She would be honored to be the next one because she has never been one before but it is somewhat funny that people should choose her and she thinks that the reason they chose her is because Saku is never a bad guy. LOL! Yes, it's true ; ; but as time goes by and Saku joins in every Mafia game she can lay her fingers upon to type she always ends up being the innocent one. Such a sad truth. xD

"Thank you people for voting for me!"

Even if she didn't get picked in the end at least it was nice that they had voted for her.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Saku

Saku forgot to place her own vote as to who should make a good constable. She thought to herself and then decided to vote for Maeven.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Ryven

Ryven rides up in his horse drawn wagon to discover the news of Duncan, the constable now snail.  "By god!  Another stricken down by the dark powers."  He exclaimed.

"I can take it no longer!  I must rid us of this evil, and as such, I cast my vote for myself for constable!"

Ryven

Saku

Saku tilts her head to the side as she hears some chatter about Ryven and wonders whether it is correct or not. Perhaps he knew who the remaining witches were? If so, she wanted to hear about it!
I'm back!

Valerian

Final voting:

*Ryven (4) - LadySky, Marguerite, Ryven, Saku
Saku (2) - Maeven, Silk Satine
LadySky (0)
Marguerite (0)
Silk Satine (0)
Maeven (0)

With Ryven newly established as Town Constable, the villagers once more were faced with the grim task of trying to protect the group as a whole by sacrificing one.  The voting for the next burning had to begin.

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

The new constable peered at the others with a stern eye.  Finally, he points his finger at someone.  "You!  You are one of the evil ones!"  His finger lay in the direction of Maeven.

Maeven

"No sir; I'm not," Maeven said in a quiet voice as she looked around to the remaining six.

"Two of you I can trust, three of you have proven yourselves to be witches. LadySky in particular has gone so far as to turn her own husband into a snail... She's the witch, I'm almost sure of it."

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

Current voting:

LadySky (2) - Maeven, Silk Satine
Maeven (2) - Ryven, LadySky
*Ryven (0)
Saku (0)
Marguerite (0)
Silk Satine (0)

Yet to vote: Marguerite, Saku

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Solaine

"I am also convinced... that Goody Ladysky is not so good under all that seeming goodness." 
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

LadySky

Goody LadySky barely heard the accusations being flung at her by the others. She had 5 scared little children now looking to her to take of them and she was quite busy simply trying to keep from breaking down in tears. She and her husband had of course experienced problems but a snail?

Writing down the name Maeven with a heavy heart she returned to her home to care for their children.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Marguerite

Wondering what to do, she looked at the list and found Ladysky to be innocent. "I just have a gut feeling she is nothing more than a grieving widow. For goodness sake, her husband was turned into a snail. A salted and dead snail but a snail nonetheless. Maeven must have turned him into a snail."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Maeven

"It's just as I suspected, Maguerite, Ryven AND LadySky are the guilty ones... too bad we discovered too late," Maeven said, glowering as they cast their votes.

The Cardinal Rule

Saku

Saku couldn't figure out who was lying and who was telling the truth but it didn't matter either way now. There were still three witches out there and only two villagers left and since she was one of those villagers there had to be just one other villager. Which meant that she or that other villager would most likely die tonight. Saku sighed for she was torn between voting for Maeven and LadySky. Obviously one of them would be taken out but which one? If Maeven's words were true and Ryven had been elected constable and he was a witch it was over anyway even if there was a tie. Then again, if Maeven was a witch then the situation would change again. But still even if Maeven was a witch and was taken out there would be two remaining witches and they would totally destroy the other villagers. So it really made no difference. Therefore, Saku decided she would be spontaneous and roll a dice to see which one of the two to pick. Maeven or LadySky. One-three would be Maeven and three-six would be LadySky. It is a three which means Saku voted for Maeven.

((I used a 'Roll Dice Online' lmao! Sorry for the absence, I got held up moving, check my absences ; ;))
I'm back!

Valerian

Final voting:

Maeven (4) - Ryven, LadySky, Marguerite, Saku
LadySky (2) - Maeven, Silk Satine
*Ryven (0)
Saku (0)
Marguerite (0)
Silk Satine (0)

Now it was Maeven's turn, as she was seized and dragged back to the pile of ashes where Sir Desan had met his end, a fresh fire now being built there.  Her accusations rang out through the little village, but she was helpless to save herself.

Like Desan, she met death bravely -- and in another crushing similiarity, it was soon revealed that more than a simple villager died that day.  For she was the Confidante, and now there was no one who could protect the villagers from the evil that lurked.

The next travellers to pass through the tiny village of Andover found it deserted, except for three black cats, engaged in tormenting several small, helpless, wriggling creatures -- newts, snails, and toads, all struggling to escape.  Those travellers left hastily and warned all others away.  The whispers say that evil reigns there still, and to this day, no one who has dared to spend the night within the village has lived to tell the tale.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE