Star Wars Legacy Era Saga Edition - Hidden Coils (Looking for one or two Jedi)

Started by Idej, December 27, 2015, 09:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

hmmm, it just occurred to me that I'm not sure if a Human Replica Droid would use regular armor or droid armor... since she IS a droid, but she doesn't have external plating like normal droids, instead being covered in a layer of synthetic flesh and whatnot.

Edit: Also realized that her improved sensor package makes the low light scope on her rifle redundant... may replace it with an ordinary targeting scope... unless I'm wrong and it isn't redundant...

The Edit Strikes Back: I forgot that Saga gives you the option to use your hero level instead of armor... meaning, I could drop the stealthy armor all together... lose the +10 to stealth, but gain +5 (the armor I picked only has +2) to my reflex defense... not to mention 20,500 credits... because that's how much the armor and a reflec shadowskin upgrade costs.

Return of the Edit: How are we doing Hit Points? Are we rolling as per normal rules, or doing like... max die, half die? I see a lot of online games do that for simplicity/balance.

The Phantom Edit: I forget how energy cells in melee weapons work... like... do they ever run out of juice? Is there a point in carrying spares?

I also forget whether or not weapons come fully loaded or if you need to buy even the ammunition initially loaded into the weapon separately.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Fallenpaladin7

since everybody else who expressed interest has started talking about their character i should do the same.  My char I'm working on is a Female Chiss  Spec ops officer.  i plan on her being more disable enemies from stealth with her rifle. I plan on her being a liaison to the Empire from the Ascendancy. ill post a backstory when i get it done.  Also i would like to ask that no spoilers be given for the the new movie as i havent seen it yet.  I do plan on fixing that problem on my first day off but as of yet i havent. thanks in advance.

AndyZ

I have to ask: would the other players prefer another droid or someone who'd make a better sexual partner?

Seems like we have quite the sexy group, and I'd hate to miss out...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Idej

Well we do have a few Imperial choices and a few Jedi choices and a couple of independents.  I think there is one Alliance choice but don't recall, could use some Alliance love there Andy if you want to go with either option to be honest.

AndyZ

I'll have to read up on the Alliance.

Question: if I get a long-range comlink (normally 250 credits), get it shrunk down to a wrist unit for double the cost, and get video capacity for twice the base cost, is that 750 or 1000 credits?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Garuss Vakarian

I did also express some interest in a trooper. If I do that he can be a republic trooper? Well, aliance,  or also known as the galactic federation of free alliances.  what have you. Different names same faction.

Idej

Okay, I'll get some lore typed up concerning what is going on with the Alliance and Fel Empire sometime today.

TFcommando

Had another Alliance idea, a corporate executive with Incom who was in charge of their covert support of the Stazi fleet, including overseeing and evaluating a new line of fighters that "fell of the back of the freighter," all the way up to flying with them.  Now she's been assigned to a new off-the-books project...  A Noble/Soldier mix, a pilot with a lot of leadership talents... though as part of it was for being a fighter squadron leader, might not fit entirely well.

Edit: Who was Wedge's great granddaughter and had the Antilles Legacy, which she wasn't fully aware of.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Idej

Quote from: TFcommando on January 03, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
Had another Alliance idea, a corporate executive with Incom who was in charge of their covert support of the Stazi fleet, including overseeing and evaluating a new line of fighters that "fell of the back of the freighter," all the way up to flying with them.  Now she's been assigned to a new off-the-books project...  A Noble/Soldier mix, a pilot with a lot of leadership talents... though as part of it was for being a fighter squadron leader, might not fit entirely well.

Edit: Who was Wedge's great granddaughter and had the Antilles Legacy, which she wasn't fully aware of.

Dang both of your options are good.  Both have good strengths to the RP as a whole.  Pick which one you like more and go for it.

Florence

Did you catch that big block of questions I posted earlier?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Idej

Quote from: Florence on January 02, 2016, 06:13:38 AM
hmmm, it just occurred to me that I'm not sure if a Human Replica Droid would use regular armor or droid armor... since she IS a droid, but she doesn't have external plating like normal droids, instead being covered in a layer of synthetic flesh and whatnot.

Edit: Also realized that her improved sensor package makes the low light scope on her rifle redundant... may replace it with an ordinary targeting scope... unless I'm wrong and it isn't redundant...

The Edit Strikes Back: I forgot that Saga gives you the option to use your hero level instead of armor... meaning, I could drop the stealthy armor all together... lose the +10 to stealth, but gain +5 (the armor I picked only has +2) to my reflex defense... not to mention 20,500 credits... because that's how much the armor and a reflec shadowskin upgrade costs.

Return of the Edit: How are we doing Hit Points? Are we rolling as per normal rules, or doing like... max die, half die? I see a lot of online games do that for simplicity/balance.

The Phantom Edit: I forget how energy cells in melee weapons work... like... do they ever run out of juice? Is there a point in carrying spares?

I also forget whether or not weapons come fully loaded or if you need to buy even the ammunition initially loaded into the weapon separately.

No I did not get your questions sorry about that here are the answers.

You have to wear regular armor.

I am still  debating on hitpoints

Energy cells do run out of juice eventually but that takes a long time and yes there is a point in carrying spares in case something happens to your power supply to your weapon like it gets damaged, removed, or even the rare moment it runs out of juice.

And no, weapons do not come pre loaded, gotta buy the ammunition separately.

Muse

oh!  I didn't know that.  I should grab some extra power packs, then. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

So I wound up with two aplications: 

Neesia Calrisian

Lal Orpesh
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Idej

Alright so then getting ready to put up the potential character sheet thread so you can put your sheets there when it is finished and it is easier for me to comb through them all.  Don't be afraid to put more than one sheet up if you have several ideas.  The more the merrier for me to look through :D

Idej

Also to answer a question earlier that I missed (sorry about that)

Athletics will be a compressed skill of swim, climb, and jump.  However the skill can only be trained if and only if your starting class (or the combined classes if you have skill training as a feat) possesses two of the three skills in it.  Will be moving this to the creation rules on the first post.

Hit points are being rolled too

Florence

... so... I guess I need to redo my skills and stuff, then xD

Edit: So, droids don't have constitution... I just realized... how does that factor into them being able to run? Since the rules say you can run for a number of turns equal to your constitution score before you have to start doing endurance checks.

Edit again: General consensus I've seen online seems to be that, without actual leg muscles to get tired, there's really no limit on how long a droid would be able to run.

Idej

They can run until they run out of actual power.  That is an advantage of being droid, most things regarding physical exertion don't really apply to a droid.  Poisons aren't a problem and you don't need to breath or eat.  Just need to have a place to recharge and that is really it.

TFcommando

What should I do as a (prospective) ship owner?  Spend the 50K, or work something out?  For the scoundrel pilot gal, she might have a freighter with a lot of customization by the Stazi fleet people, used for smuggling operatives and supplies and decommissioned once the war was over, given to her as an 18th birthday gift/a home since her old one is going away. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Idej

That has actually been discussed by a few and one I am willing to now talk about.

Your ship can be purchased  out of the 50k you have but whatever else you have to pay has to be loaned out.  There is a benefit, the taskforce will pay off your loan to whatever you got the loan from in exchange for your service in the taskforce.

Your commission won't be garnished and you can payback your ship in whatever increments you like but you can't leave the taskforce with your ship until it is paid off.

Ryvaken

A game that actually drew me back to these boards. It's been a long time. Less long since the last time Idej got me interested in a Legacy era game.

Asuna is a Zeltron. She stands 5 foot 3 inches (160cm) and has the toned, voluptuous figure common to her race. Her skin is ruby-hued and her eyes are twin sapphires. Her naturally glossy hair is a darker shade of the same color as her eyes, and the effect of light catching her highlights can be startlingly intense. She wears her hair well to her calves in long twintails, spaced about 105 degrees from each other (she is skilled with a number of braiding styles to make it appear her hair is far shorter than it really is, when the need arises). Her face is unmarred and just round enough to suggest more youth than she has, especially when she smiles. You have ten seconds to stop drooling and forget your pickup lines. The girl has her pick of willing partners and the lewd jerks looking for an easy lay haven't been picked even once.

Asuna is a Jedi. Her build makes her an able combatant with saber and snubfighter, but her best talent is talking down an opponent before hostilities break out. She is highly empathic and uses her ability to read others to both her benefit and theirs. She also has a reputation as an incorrigible party animal that is only barely held in check by meditation. Asuna is only happy when someone else is happy.

In the couple years since the end of the war Asuna has drifted in her "personal shuttle" which only coincidentally looks like a century old XJ3 and seriously did not fly over the skies of Coruscant at the end of the war, silly. She responds to the callsign "Tails" and absolutely does not have seven Predator silhouettes stensiled on her shuttle's fuselage. She does, however, have a large debt with the Alliance Navy. Specifically some quartermasters. Who might happen to kinda be part of Starfighter Command. But that's just a coincidence. Really.

...did I mention the cargo pod bolted to her X-Wing has enough party supplies to properly celebrate every birthday, anniversary, and graduation on a small moon?

Asuna is a beast with Persuade checks and that's only slightly more impressive than her general Force abilities. She's a trained medic and pilot as well.She gets along with everyone, whether they like it or not, and the more serious minded jerks in the galaxy will learn to fear her. I mean, party. With her. In completely unintimidating ways that require no coercion, misdirection, or subversion of free will at all. Toootally above board, that's Asuna all right.

Also, the pudding thing still never happened.

Any questions?
In creativity, meaning.

Florence

Sorry I haven't gotten my character up yet, I'll try to fix that soon. Just need to iron out the last few kinks before she's ready xD

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Florence on January 06, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten my character up yet, I'll try to fix that soon. Just need to iron out the last few kinks before she's ready xD

Is there a character template yet?  ???
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: Florence on January 06, 2016, 04:05:42 PM

I've been waiting for the character thread.

AndyZ

So, what all do we have right now?  I've kinda lost track.

Florence

I've just been using myth-weavers. If that's not ideal, I can transfer the information to something else, like text based sheet or a different website or what have you.