Looking for Long-Term Partner [MxM] [Modern, Historical, Supernatural, Mystery]

Started by Troubling, March 28, 2018, 08:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troubling

Hello!  I'm looking for a heavily plot-driven rp where our characters work together to solve a mystery.  You know, murder mysteries and that sort of thing! c:  I'm looking for a very collaborative writing experience that's heavier on plot than smut and, even then, only after a pretty long burn smoldering type of deal.  I haven't broken down the exact math, but I was thinking something like 70% plot and 30% smut?  Maybe?  I'm not after any specific kink, but please look over my Ons/Offs so you know what I absolutely WILL NOT do.

About Me

I'm a fairly laid back 31 year old transgender man and have been rping since I was 9 or 10.  I don't want to pigeonhole my characters into strict submissive/dominant roles, but I will say most won't make the first romantic move----my general character type tends to be the typical "focused on work WHO HAS TIME FOR ROMANCE" trope.  What can I say?  I love playing the whole 'icy prince learns to love and be loved' trope.  It's my fucking catnip.  As indicated by the title, I'm looking exclusively for a MxM romance.  Let me know if you're actively looking to play against a trans character because I'd be downright DELIGHTED to bring out my trans men characters for you.

I multi-para rp only and only on the forum.  I love putting TONS of details into posts---isn't that what always solves a mystery in the end?----and hope to find someone with similar tastes.  Usually my posts are around 300-500 words, but I will definitely write longer or shorter as the rp demands.  I usually unconsciously post-match. I really LOVE character exploration and world-building, so give me plenty of that and I'll be delighted.  I also really enjoy writing short one-shots for rp partners, so who knows!  Even if the characters themselves haven't gotten down to doing the sexy just yet, I might write a steamy oneshot for you.  My style leans towards the jovial type----you know, a lot of dumb puns and wordplay right before I try to twist out a heart with something wrenching.

OOC Communication is really important to me.  I really appreciate getting tags and talks through PMs.  An open discussion is so important to this type of rp so we can be careful not to trip over each other's triggers and the like.  Plus, we can discuss new clues to throw at the characters!  New twists and new red herrings!

Also, if I want to end the rp for any reason, I will let you know.  I won't just ghost on you or leave you hanging.  We're all adults here.

Posting Frequency:  I will try to post AT LEAST once a day!  But sometimes it's not possible, depending on my health.  Even on those days, I'll try to get online so I can at least chat with you and make sure you know what's going on. 

Genres:

Modern - Mystery

Right now, I'm really craving a Sherlock-esque type plot where my character is a somewhat mysterious detective type (maybe a podcaster who investigates unsolved mysteries) and requires your character's help.  This by NO MEANS indicates that my character is the star of the thread----I know I don't like it when I feel like I'm playing an NPC in someone's story, so I wouldn't want anyone else to feel that either.

Modern Supernatural

Slayer/Hunter x Supernatural Being (preference towards vampires, but shifters/werewolves may apply)
Life is tougher for vampires and werewolves ever since they came out of the casket, so to speak.  It was a highly controlled event--- the upper crust of the vampire world quickly realized 'we can't stay hidden forever.  All it'll take is one quick youtube video and we'll be viral'.  So they controlled their exposure as best they could, trying not to alarm humanity.

Spoiler alert: it didn't work.

Humans aren't very well known for Not Panicking, after all.  Regulations were quickly put into place, with different states requiring different registration acts.  Some were more lenient.  Some were less so.  In some areas, killing a supernatural is barely against the law----it's broadly assumed to be always an act of self defense.  Vampires in particular have gotten the short end of the stick and are required to obtain their blood from dispensaries.  The Slayers have become supernatural peacekeepers of sorts.  There's very little government oversight on their abilities, or how they can police the communities.

Unfortunately, someone has poisoned it.   My character isn't particularly pleased by this, since it causes a good load more chaos than he's comfortable with.   One night, he comes across your character being attacked by humans and intervenes.

It's not an act of compassion.  The supernatural community is, by and large, closed to mortals (including the supposed peacekeepers between the communities--- in retrospect, calling them 'Slayers' was a bit of a bad choice) and he seeks to use your character as a sort of spy.  He wants to know what's going on.

This doesn't HAVE to be modern----it could be Victorian, although a lot of it is set up with Modern language.

Ghosthunters on Youtube
So we play a couple of ghosthunters with a youtube channel.  They could have known each other for a while, or just teamed up recently.  The point is, they start to investigate a haunting. c:  And we can take it from there.

Victorian Supernatural

No set pairings here.  You want to play a victorian gentleman seducing a poor servant?  I've got that.  Two victorian gentlemen trying to get away from society?  Got you covered, my friend.  The point is, our characters end up at a 'haunted mansion' for a bit of fun.

The problem is, the place really is haunted.  Now they've got to solve the mystery to let the ghosts rest.

Victorian mystery

No supernatural elements here!  Again, there's a lack of pairings because I haven't really developed anything here just yet.  Both of our characters have escaped to a small, out of the way estate for personal reasons.  Maybe one is trying to escape a highly public scandal.  Maybe one is a servant at said estate.  There's a lot to work with.

Anyway, that's when murder happens.  Guests at the estate start dying off and there is just SO MUCH SCANDAL going on underneath, oh my god, how did they even fit all that scandal under their clothes. 

Troubling

Updated to include:
Taken plots
Fandoms
-Added Ace Attorney
-Added Ace Attorney plots

Troubling

Troubling