Cthulhutech Game Interest check

Started by Paladin, February 13, 2009, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

So I love Cthulhutech, and its the perfect enticle game of horror and Sexuality can be involved very easily. I'm checking to see who would be interested.

Heres a site link.

http://www.cthulhutech.com/

Heres a Wiki Link

http://cthulhutech.wikidot.com/

Ok Folks Heres the List of Everyone. I am not sure if all these people are still playing or not.

Shihong - Soldier (Aproved & Posted)
Foxy - Spy (Aproved & Posted) (Prelude going on now)
Cryorage -Occult Scholar (Aproved & Posted)
Muse - Shadow Tager (Aproved & Needs to be Posted)
TrippingSerpent - Occolt Scholar (Aproved & needs to be posted)
Swedish Steel - (Needs to be submistted for approval)
Mnemaxa - (Needs to be submistted for approval.) Is he still playing?
Lorelei - (Needs to be submistted for approval) Is she still Playing?
ZK - (Has Stepped out but is welcome anytime)

Ok Folks Tomorrow at Midnight my Time is the deadline for character submissions for starting players. After that I will work you in where and when I can. Also don't forget that you can get up to 3 extra cheat points if you get detailed. You will get 1 point for an apropriate picture and you will get 2 popints for filling out a list like Shihong did about Personality, Aspirations, Motivations, Family, Frieds, Childhood, and adult life.

Heres the OOC Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37321.0

Prefect Mos

If your willing to run, And I prefer d20 cthulu , then im deffinitly in.

Foxy

I am all for a game of mechanical toys and tentacles.   :D

I have the gurps system or I am fine with free form.

Prefect Mos

Hmmm.. Gurps.. never actually played it but Interested...

Paladin

well unfortunatly I don't have burps and d20 cthulhu just dosnt work for me. However I can get you guys the PDF of the main book for the system if you want to look at it.

Prefect Mos

Shhh.. don't say that.

Creeper

I have the main book, but I don't like the (unique) system it uses. I'd be happy with Gurps or d20 or freeform or some alternate system. If so you can count me interested.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Paladin

You don't like the system? Please explain whats bothering you about the system. I actually found it a rather refreshing diffrence from other systems and it was Fairly simplistic to me.

It will be the books I use as I don't know Gurps and I'm NOT real big on D20 but I can look at the Rules in an expansion book that I have that allows you to use cards I think and has a diffrent way of adding the numbers tougether. Otherwise I can try and fidge something tougether. Or if you guys want a more freeform setting I could make all the Rolls for you guys.

Foxy

I would be willing to look at the system. I use to play the old CoC game.

Prefect Mos

It is committing another system to memory. D20 might be simplistic but its realy good at covering the baises and being able to be left open. Gurps is the same way but a lot more complicated. There are few systems that ADD to the story rather then just being a set of rather arbitrary rules of verifying realism... Casstle Falkenstine is the one system i can think of were the rules add substance to the game and theres a clear, good reason for a unique system.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Paladin on February 13, 2009, 11:44:21 PM
well unfortunatly I don't have burps and d20 cthulhu just dosnt work for me. However I can get you guys the PDF of the main book for the system if you want to look at it.

By that I will presume you mean directing people here

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=57388

where they can legally purchase the PDF of Cthuhlutech, hmm?

Because if you meant anything else I would have to take official notice.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Paladin

Yes Hairy, or I would actually buy the PDF for them. I actually work for Flaming Cobera as a demo person. I don't think I'm going to screw with one of the two companies that can pay my way to GenCon now do you? The other company I demo for is Mongoose Publishing

HairyHeretic

Moongoose do nice stuff. I have a bunch of the B5 Wars, and the Battlefield Evo has a dedicated following around my local club. I'll now cease the hijacking of your thread :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

No please hijack away. I'm not big on Evo but SST minies I loved.

HairyHeretic

We have a wargamers bunker thread that such discussion is better suited to. Its in the off topic section.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

Creeper

It's difficult to explain, but I just found them too cumbersome. It'd have to be an alternate system to get my interest.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Paladin

Well what if I as the Gm did all the rolls?

Prefect Mos

You need to know your chances of success in any given system. In the real world its complex to do.. but your emotional brain does it for you and you react almost instantly. In a fantasy world that's not the case, the beauty of d20 is that its realy simple to use lightly as rules, and its almost universally known. Gurps is more realistic, but less well known.

Paladin

well its also a sytem that tries to do everything. I'm sorry will but I won't be using it. I may adjust the existing ctech system so its easier to do or do freeform

ok folks we have 3 choices.

1: Run Freeform with the books as a setting. (I will still have you make characters as a way to judge how goo you are at something but no rolls would need to be made)

2: Redo the Ctech system to something like roll D10 and add rather than the Roll and look for Straights or Flushses that is is now)

3: I roll everything for you guys. (More pressure on me but I don't mind)

ZK

Ooh, I want to play. But main question is this. What form of CTech?

Tager, Soldier or Engel?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Prefect Mos

MY question is why do you hate D20 and gurps so much?

ZK

Ctech doesn't really work with d20 or GURPS unless you wish to change a lot of mechanics and how the game is delivered.

I for one don't hate d20, but I prefer the CTech's own dice system as apposed to it. It isn't a level based game.

As for GURPS, no opinion on it as I have no experience.

As for Paladin's thing, I don't think he wants to alienate the game further by changing the rules, I guess why he offered freeform as an alternative instead of optional dice system.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ShamshielDF

You could always go with Hero Sytem (5th ed. rev.)...Our table top groups love the system as, while it is a bit more work up front, the system is infinitely flexible and very easy to use (once you're past character creation, at least).  Its about the closest that I've found to a free form game with solid rules, if that makes sense?  We've run sci-fi future, high fantasy, modern, super hero and urban fantasy games with the base rules.  

The basic rules (known as the sidekick) are available through their site (https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=192011) or through drivethruRPG (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=19009&it=1).  The Sidekick book covers the basics of character creation and powers.  The full book has more examples, more complicated powers and basic information on genres.  The full system is much more comprehensive ^_^  Also, the game shop thought that it was a college text >.<

Looking over the Cthulutech stuff, I really like the art!  The flavor of the universe is interesting, and the style of characters sounds intriguing...I would have to say that I'm very interested, though er...they certainly know what they want for it.  A hard copy of the Cthulhutech book is $50 for 288 pages, which is the same as the main book for Hero system, weighing in around 600 pages.  If the art in the book is anything like it is on the site...hrmmmm...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

ZK

CTech is quality material. I have both a pdf of the original bit and the hard copy color of the new. You're paying mainly for hardcover and the fact it's in complete color. The Mongoose version was 40 USD for a black and white hard cover.

Most games now days standard at around 30-40 for black and white on hard copy. Usually those with full color tend to go for a lot more, especially when it's a non-combined system. (I.E. one book to rule them all, as apposed to D&D formula of needing three).

Prefect Mos

No one is telling me WHY its such a better system for this game, witch is lending itself to me thinking its just fanboyisum. Could some one tell me why the Ctch system is so far and away better for the system, what does it bring to the table rules wise that can justify the rest of the players picking up the source material and the hours and hours it takes to learn a new system,

ZK

Uh, no one is telling that it's a better system. The game itself and a lot of it's sources are built around the system itself in terms of combat, how magic is applied, learned, et cetera and many other things. It's a storytelling game first and foremost in terms of comparability, it could be compared loosely to how standard d10 games made by White Wolf is used.

The system isn't superior. It just works as it was made entirely for the game and it isn't as confusing as many says, just the means of doting success is handled like a poker game. That's the only true unique flare the dice system possesses.

With me, I think Paladin might be the same way. But I'd prefer to play the game with the dice system that it was introduced with or go full out freeform to keep from having to rewrite a lot of things, readjust for new dice system and change mechanics as a whole. Conversions can take quite a long time when it's not the same or more advanced edition of said dice system.

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on February 14, 2009, 02:13:36 PM
Uh, no one is telling that it's a better system. The game itself and a lot of it's sources are built around the system itself in terms of combat, how magic is applied, learned, et cetera and many other things. It's a storytelling game first and foremost in terms of comparability, it could be compared loosely to how standard d10 games made by White Wolf is used.

The system isn't superior. It just works as it was made entirely for the game and it isn't as confusing as many says, just the means of doting success is handled like a poker game. That's the only true unique flare the dice system possesses.

With me, I think Paladin might be the same way. But I'd prefer to play the game with the dice system that it was introduced with or go full out freeform to keep from having to rewrite a lot of things, readjust for new dice system and change mechanics as a whole. Conversions can take quite a long time when it's not the same or more advanced edition of said dice system.

Umm yes Thank you ZK. I'm not really good at explaining myself in situations.

Muse

*waves* 

I for one would be very intrested to play, Paladin, and, I'm hardly the best example of a system of normal person's time constraints, but I normaly have no issue learning the basics of a new system if I'm going to play a game in it. 

Admer, ZK's explenation applies to a lot of games that people later try to apply d20 open lisence too, the systems and the worlds were already inexorably linked.  If you want to talk more about the pros and cons of d20, I'm sure there's an apropriate forum.  I've just been hiding in Insane Musings so long that I'm not qutie sure where to find it.  *Sweatdrop* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Prefect Mos

Ohh im not talking about d20s pros and cons, Im trying to figure out why this particular system could not be played using it.. and why its so differnt that makes it the best to play this game with.

ZK

It's a d10 Stat and Skill based numbered dot system. There are no character levels and infinite character development. It's more streamlined and does not adhere a set of rules in terms of advancement other then how much XP is such thing, reason for getting it and how long it takes to train/acquire/et-cetera.

Mnemaxa

The system Cthulutech uses does not lend itself to modification to other systems.  There are three reasons for it:

First, and this is the one that makes it hardest, the system is based on choosing out of three different ways you can calculate your dice rolls - the highest die, adding the highest pair together, or taking the numbers that make up a straight and adding all of them together for a final total.  There is a marked versatility to this that removes a lot of the bell curve normally associated with 6-sided dice rolls, since such bell curves need a straight set of d6 added together for a working bell curve.

Second, the difficulty classes for various things one does are based on this skewed system of dice rolls.  The chances of successfully rolling higher means that the difficult to achieve is also markedly higher.  Swithcing the systems lowers the number of ways a PC can roll their dice, because the other systems don't use multiple dice (D20) or use a different number on the die (d10's) and thus make it too easy to gain higher rolls without altering the difficulties to reflect that.

The last reason is the simplest reason:  it's time consuming and fraught with the possibility of making something too hard or too easy by accident.  Much easier to use the system as is than alter it on your own. 

As for my two cents, I'd love to play Cthulhutech. Tentacles, Eldritch Horrors, and impossible odds abound, as well as monstersex. ^_^

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Foxy

I am fine with learning Cthulhutech as it sounds like the old Call of Cthulhu game that had skills with percents (if I remember) and it was based on a 100d (percercent ) roll.  I would just need some help with the character.

Lorelei

I own the book and have always been interested in giving it a try.  Count me in if you have room for more. 

Paladin

Sweet. well since someone just bought the book I will have to run now.

Lets get a show of plans who still wants to play.

Mnemaxa

Still interested, most likely in Engel piloting or as a Tager.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Paladin

I forgot to mention this will be a street Level game. Tagers are a Go but I"m not big on Giant Mecha.

Mnemaxa

No problem. I'm flexible.  Nazzadi okay?

Lorelei

Human for me.   I would prefer to be a socialite or a thief or a prostitute but if I had to choose one of the listed Profession Templates, 'd say Intelligence Agent or Occult Scholar. 

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Lorelei on February 15, 2009, 08:13:13 PM
Human for me.   I would prefer to be a socialite or a thief or a prostitute but if I had to choose one of the listed Profession Templates, 'd say Intelligence Agent or Occult Scholar. 

No reason you can't take the template and 'adjust it' to reflect a thief's work.  Or be a prostitute who does the work to fund her dabbling in the occult (those books are expensive!).

Paladin

Ok You will all eventually be recruited by the Eldritch Society to work for them. Anyone Playing a Tager or ES Magic User will obviousely have a bit of a heads up on some things since they will start as part of the ES but the Team will be a mixed team eventually.

Vade Mecum is Legal to use for anyone who has it and if anyone wants to play a Military Soldier character I have an in for them as well.

Mnemaxa

I'll have to check Vade Mecum. 

BTW, Dark Passions is out, and it's quite lovely stuff.   Nothing of use to a Tager per se, but lots of sub cults and lesser known deities mentioned.

Paladin

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 15, 2009, 08:47:25 PM
I'll have to check Vade Mecum. 

BTW, Dark Passions is out, and it's quite lovely stuff.   Nothing of use to a Tager per se, but lots of sub cults and lesser known deities mentioned.

Yea I need to get it.

Paladin

ok so we have 2 yesses and I think Foxy is a yes since she bought the book. I could run with 3 and am willing but 4 would be nice.

ZK

I'll pass, I don't care to play as a Tager or anything in concert with one.

Reason: My last four games I've played, it's all been Tager involved from the get-go. I want to do something else other then Tager.

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on February 16, 2009, 09:28:30 PM
I'll pass, I don't care to play as a Tager or anything in concert with one.

Reason: My last four games I've played, it's all been Tager involved from the get-go. I want to do something else other then Tager.

WEll ZK what would you like to do? I could possibly run 2 diffrent games. One with Tagers and one without.

ZK

No, that's fine. I don't want to stamp my foot and get special treatment because I don't want to play what everyone else is. So I'll just step out and let you focus on one game.

Mnemaxa

I'm flexible, ZK - I don't mind playign something not Tager.   If it's Eldritch Society based I wouldn't mind being a researcher or the like.

Transgirlenstein

Oh me me!  I don't have the book but would love to paly either freeform or with the system.

If I could get in either a tagger or something caster might be fun.

Unless you have the book that lets you play a ghoul? :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Mnemaxa

Transgirlenstein

Sweet.

The character I would want to play Paladin is an ex female bodybuilder/wrestler who turned to drugs (or something) to help her performance and over time those drugs (or something) de/regressed her into a ghoul.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Paladin

Ok Folks I will start this game in one week from tomorrow so characters will need to be in by then. Standard creation rules apply. For thoes of you that don't have a book or the PDF let me know and I will see what I can do. Myabe I can work with you on charcter creation of maybe even buy you a copy of the PDF.

Muse

Hiya, Paladin.  I'm still on borrowed computer time for at least another week, but when I get back on, would you consider a late entry? 

I am curious if you intend to have any erotic content in this game.  (I'm interested either way, and just about any level.) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Foxy

As I plan to be a stripper or something, I hope it has erotic content in the game

Transgirlenstein

Paladin, I need help making a character as I don't have the book or pdf.

Paladin

Yes there will be Erotic Content.... and at some point Tetacles and other things. ;) ok Trip, if you have IM of any sort please send me your handel so I can get in touch with you and we can chat.

Paladin

Ok Folks I need a shoutout as to who's still interested as I plan on getting a thread tougether this week and getting things started.

Transgirlenstein

Still am, you have my character.  She just needs spells :)

Paladin

Crovonovin

As a massive Lovecraft fan who has never even heard of this before, I have to say that I'm getting more than a little excited the more that I read about it!  I would love to participate, but I'm afraid I've never been a system gamer before, and would likely need a bit of help there...  I really don't want to be a bother, though.  In the meantime, I'll look through that wiki for more information.

Paladin

My friend, its really easy to learn and I am fast and loose with the rules. I will be happy to teach you and answer any questions.

Transgirlenstein

Crovonovin

Good to know!  I'll get that Core Rule Book and start going through it, as the wiki seems woefully insufficient...  I do have a few short preliminary questions though.

The first is:  how faithful is this to Lovecraftian fiction?  I'm pleased to see the Mi-Go, Deep Ones, Ghasts and Ghouls seem to be in place.  I know there is obviously plenty of variation, as it takes place nearly 200 years after Lovecraft's works.  I suppose what I'm asking is:  does it adhere more to traditional Lovecraft, or that absolute rubbish Derleth came up with about "Evil Gods" versus "Good Gods", Cthulhu being among the former?  The man is a cretin for trying to suck out the moral grey area, not to mention that abysmal "elemental" system...

Secondly...can one play as a "Swarm Lord"?  I noted this entry in the wiki and was fascinated by the possibilities...

Paladin

Swarm lord? umm no. And sadly it does mention the good gods. However in this game its about humanity Vs everything else so you will probably want to read the Core book first. I have a feeling you may not like the game if you are that much of a fan but hey I could be wrong.

Paladin

Ok bumping this to see who's still interested.

Crovonovin

Transgirlenstein

Stormgale

I am interested If you still have a spot

Paladin

Muse

As am I.  I have a charecter proposal that I could use your help reviewing and tweaking. 

Paladin

Ok Muse I will help you next time I can contact you. That gives us 5 people total. I think Foxy will make six so this is good.

Paladin

Ok Folks I will be setting up a character sheet thread today. Characters need to be in for review by the 12 of may. I will be starting the weekend of the 17th.

Post characters here for review and then in the character thread once they are ok'd

The Game will be Non-con. Does anyone have a problem with this?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=36439.0  There is the link to the character section.

Crovonovin

I believe you had approved mine awhile back, Paladin, but I'll repost it here just in case.

Name: Tabetha Kendrick
Allegiance:  New Earth Government
Profession: Soldier
Race: Human

Virtues:  Imaginative, Patient, Productive
Flaws: Cruel, Liar, Rude, Selfish, Violent

Attributes:

Agility 5
Intellect 5
Perception 7
Presence 7 (+1 Cheat)
Strength 7 (+1 Cheat)
Tenacity 7

Secondary Attributes:

Action: 1
Movement: 5 = 9 mph (22/5 ypt)
Orgone: 11
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 11
Drama Points: 10

Special Gear: Heavy Spectrashield Combat, CS-44 Enforcer, HKS-192, Composite Combat Knife, Survival Kit

Skills: 

English: Expert
Regional Knowledge: Novice
Armed Fighting (3)
Fighting (3)
Dodge (2)
Marksman (3)
Medicine (1)
Survival (2)
Artist (3)
Athletics (2) (Acrobatics)
Education (1)
Intimidate (3)
Observation (2)

Qualities:

Assets:

Common Sense (2)
Authority (1)
Driven (2)
Fearless (2)
High Pain Threshold (3)
Wary (2)

Drawbacks:

Damaged (2)
Duty (2)
Mean (2)
Impetuous (2)
Delusions (2)

Appearance:  With a fiercely athletic build, Tabetha exudes an aura of strength and confidence.  Her bust is completely unnoticeable, even in her civvies, though her hips seem to bear an exaggerated curve to make up for it.  Her skin is deathly pallid, as though she doesn't expose herself to much sunlight, and her shortly cropped hair is dyed completely black.  She has a startlingly attractive, if intense face, though it is dimmed by the dark bags beneath her eyes; telltale signs of an insomniac. 

Personality:  Tabetha is a loner through and through.  She can be described as terribly frigid when encountering new people at her best, and downright abusive at her worst.  She has the terrible habit of stating insults as though they were blatant facts.  She is far from being a stick in the mud, however, and has a rather raunchy sense of humor.  Tabetha has a tendency to speak in slang, and has been known to make up terms when the mood strikes her, leading to very confusing conversations.

Anyone who has spoken to the woman long enough get the impression that, outside of fighting and killing, the world has no other interesting facets.  The only one that knows about her artistic tendencies is herself; painting is a hobby she is quite fond of, though the only public signs of it are the alterations to her Powered Armor, which she habitually wears even outside of military operations.

Aspirations: "Want do I want out of life?  To Kill."  Her goals tend to be quite simplistic; so long as there is an enemy to be killed, Tabetha is content.  She thrives on the global conflict, and one gets the impression that she would be terribly disappointed if it were to ever be resolved within her lifetime.

Motivation:  Bloodlust is merely the coping mechanism that Tabetha has chosen to deal with the encroaching horrors.  If it can be killed, there is no reason to fear it, and most things can be killed so long as it is riddled with enough bullets.

Family:  Nonexistent, as far as she is concerned.  Officially, they are listed as having been killed during a raid by Deep Ones when they first began assaulting coastal regions.  She tends to ignore any questions about her previous family life outright.

Friends:  None, or at least none close enough to fit the usual definition.  Her fellow soldiers are about the closest Tabetha gets to meaningful contact with other human beings, but her own life has always proven more important.  Her unwillingness to sacrifice her own life has led to situations in which others were put into harms way to act as human shields; while she has never run from a fight without a direct order, this self-important behavior has prevented her from being promoted numerous times. 

Childhood:  Growing up, surrounded by war, Tabetha did not become a very healthy individual.  She never knew where it was that she was born, as her family was constantly on the move during those early conflicts.  Death, famine, and horror became a common occurrence, and it was in that environment that she learned to thrive.  Life was a blur; looking back at her family life is like watching a puppet show filled with cardboard actors.  Fake, and without depth of character. 

Adult Life:  At the age of 18, Tabetha left her family without warning.  She had grown bored and restless, and thirsted to fight against the abysmal shapes that haunted her dreams and kept her awake in the dead of the night.  Though tempted by the concept of lawless mercenary groups, the girl enlisted into the NEG as a soldier, overcoming the physical limitations and preconceptions of her gender.  She has the ferocity of a berserker, which has proven both useful and detrimental throughout her short career in the military.

Tabetha has not so much changed over the years as she was formed, as though she were destined from the start to become the woman she is today.  A massacre witnessed as a child here, a savage beast devouring a loved one there; all coincidental events that acted upon one another to manipulate her into a warhungry beast.  From the moment she first spilled blood, this fate was set in stone.

Paladin

Ok wow you really went all out. Just for that I give you 3 extra cheat points.

This applies for anyone who wants to put as much work into their character.

You will get 1 point for an apropriate picture and you will get 2 popints for filling out a list like Shihong did about Personality, Aspirations, Motivations, Family, Frieds, Childhood, and adult life.

ZK

So this game has been revamped or is it still Tager specific? ^.^

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on May 08, 2009, 08:35:29 PM
So this game has been revamped or is it still Tager specific? ^.^

Tagers are allowed but we only have like maybe 1 or 2 max and I'm sure its only 1 in a bodyguard kinda deal. Its NOT a whole team or anything close to a whole team. It seems like everyone is playing other ideas. ZK you are welcome to join us. I can't tell you much only that it involves BOTH the NEG and the Eldritch society collaborating.

Muse

Still hoping to play, bro, you  were going to clean up and critique my sheet and send it back? 

Paladin

Quote from: Muse on May 08, 2009, 09:45:53 PM
Still hoping to play, bro, you  were going to clean up and critique my sheet and send it back?

Yea once I figure out where I put it. LOL its on this comp someahere.

ZK

If that's the case, I'll get to working. :)

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on May 10, 2009, 12:37:57 PM
If that's the case, I'll get to working. :)

Sweet. Yay! we havea ZK in our midst. *Does a little dance.* Ok folks I'm gonna take a nap and be back on later this evening.

Transgirlenstein

I'll send a bio as soon as i get a chance and find my character sheet

ZK

Working on character, is being a xenomix alright?

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on May 14, 2009, 12:39:54 AM
Working on character, is being a xenomix alright?

Being a Xenomix is perfectly fine ZK.

ZK

Paladin

Just let me know if you play a "white". I'll need to read of on the Psychic rules.

Swedish Steel

Hmmm...I also have this game, bought it and Vade Mecum cause they looked pretty. Never managed to get any of my friends to try it though. I suppose you have all the players you need, I found this thread pretty late...
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Paladin

Quote from: Swedish Steel on May 14, 2009, 04:28:44 PM
Hmmm...I also have this game, bought it and Vade Mecum cause they looked pretty. Never managed to get any of my friends to try it though. I suppose you have all the players you need, I found this thread pretty late...

Not at all. Just get a character in by sunday.

Transgirlenstein

Pally, Do you have another copy of my sheet?  I'm writing a 4000 word paper this weekend so it might be a bit before you get a background from me, though I remember the one we were talking about.

Paladin

Quote from: trippingserpent on May 15, 2009, 05:53:21 AM
Pally, Do you have another copy of my sheet?  I'm writing a 4000 word paper this weekend so it might be a bit before you get a background from me, though I remember the one we were talking about.

Yes I do dear.

Paladin

Ok Folks Heres the List of Everyone. I am not sure if all these people are still playing or not.

Shihong - Soldier (Aproved & Posted)
Foxy - Spy (Aproved & Posted)
Cryorage -Occult Scholar (Aproved & Posted)
Muse - Shadow Tager (Aproved & Needs to be Posted)
TrippingSerpent - Occolt Scholar (Aproved & needs to be posted)
Swedish Steel - (Needs to be submistted for approval)
Mnemaxa - (Needs to be submistted for approval.) Is he still playing?
Lorelei - (Needs to be submistted for approval) Is she still Playing?
ZK - (Has Stepped out but is welcome anytime)

Ok folks if Everyone agrees I will extend the game till Wednesday the 20th if people need more time but no further.

ZK

As you're allowing Xenomix from Vade Mecum, can we access Cascades too?

Also, would an OIS agent be playable in this setting? :)

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on May 16, 2009, 01:54:01 PM
As you're allowing Xenomix from Vade Mecum, can we access Cascades too?

Also, would an OIS agent be playable in this setting? :)

Yes the Vade Mecum stuff is completly allowed. OIS is a deffinatly playable.

ZK

Mn, nevermind. I got ahead of myself. For one, I spent more time trying to develop a character in Second Life but couldn't get the skin just right, I always either end up with an alabaster or a stark white contrast and finally ran out of money. :/ On other things, I realized this is a system game on a PbP format, so I'm just going to duck out. Way to many bad experiences with a PbP format of system games.

Paladin

Quote from: ZK on May 16, 2009, 02:59:05 PM
Mn, nevermind. I got ahead of myself. For one, I spent more time trying to develop a character in Second Life but couldn't get the skin just right, I always either end up with an alabaster or a stark white contrast and finally ran out of money. :/ On other things, I realized this is a system game on a PbP format, so I'm just going to duck out. Way to many bad experiences with a PbP format of system games.

*sigh* ok well at least thanks for telling me yoir leaving ZK instead of jut not saying anything.

Paladin

Edited my first post to include a list of who's playing and whats going on with their character progress.

Paladin

If Muse and Trip can Post their characters I can get Them and Cryorage into a Prelude tougether since they are all ES Members. Muse's character is a Bodyguard for the two Occult scholars.

Muse

Working on it folks.  Thanks for your patience. 

Paladin

Ok Foxy's prelude is up, as is Shihong's Prelude. I will try to get The rest of the Preludes Tonight or Tomorrow Hopefully. FRiday at the Latest.

Paladin

Ok so We are waiting on the following to do the following stuff:

TrippingSerpent to Post her character so I can start her thread

Shihong to Post in reply to his Starting thread.

ME THE GM to start MUse, and Cryorage,s Prelude Thread.

Paladin

Ok Folks I am sorry that I have to say this but I am requiring at least 2 posts a week. This is a reasonable request since there are multiple people playing this game. If Players constantly fail to make the 2 post a week request then I will ask them to leave the game. I can't have one or two people holding thoes back that want to actually play in the game and have fun.

Crovonovin

Paladin

I really don't mean to offend anyone with my request I'm just trying to get everyone to the point where they are all tougether... Now if people wanted individual stories I could do that as well.

Transgirlenstein

I'm going to have to drop out then.  I know I am a bit late with getting everything in but with that and some real life things in the way, I'm not sure I can post two times a week.  Sorry.

Paladin

Trippingserpent will be listed as on hold. She's welcome back once RL calms down a bit.

Crovonovin

Regarding my prequel...

Not that this isn't an interesting turn of events, but could you be a bit more...well, descriptive?  I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing, or how to be reacting in this situation.

Paladin

Quote from: Shihong on May 30, 2009, 03:57:45 PM
Regarding my prequel...

Not that this isn't an interesting turn of events, but could you be a bit more...well, descriptive?  I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing, or how to be reacting in this situation.

My Apolagies. I will fix things later tonight when I get home by making another post. Right now thought I have committed the ultimate gamer sin. I left my dice with friends 5 hours away from me. Now I must go to the store and out with friends.

MzNurse

If this game is still open, how different is Cthulhutech from Call of Cthulhu?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Paladin

Well follow the links. That will give you a general idea nurse. As for setting its still horror and things still go bump in the night. In C-tech though you can actually kill stuff and be some pretty cool things such as Taggers. Thing Biobooster Armor Guyver only scarier. Magic can actually be used by characters although some magic will cause you to go nuts. The Migu actually waged war on humanity. ect. things like that.

MzNurse

The only thing I could get to from the links was the basic idea.  Nothing about character options or creation or anything else unless I buy the books, which I can't afford right now.  So....much as I love the horror idea, guess I'm sitting this one out.

Paladin

I can help you with character creation Nurse. Its fairly easy.

MzNurse

I'd like that.  A set of races and classes would be nice.  I could pretty much flub it from there.

Paladin

ok well theres two Race.

Nazzadi: Jet black skinned humanoid Aliens with red eyes and Fangs with the ability to see in the dark

Human: Your everyday Human:

Classes are as follows

Intelligence Agent - Spies and stuff
Occult Scolar - Academics that study stuff including magic
Soldier - Nuff Said
Tager - Humans or Nazzadi that have bonded with a symbiotic creature from another plane of existance to create a super being to protect others.
Arcane Investigator - Private eye that also uses magic
Federal Agent - think CIA or FBI
Para-Psychic - people with mental powers

Theres others but I'm not allowing them in play.

MzNurse

Paladin

Name it and its in the book. Everything from Boosting your physical abilities to shooting fireballs out of your arse and lightning out of your eyes depening on the level of power you take.