News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Yukerit Castle Recruitment Thread (NC:E)

Started by Myrleena, August 03, 2009, 11:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Yukerit Castle is a fantasy game that has been running for some time now.  It is a fantasy game with magic, elves, and other beings.  There are a number of characters that disappeared or left, so we have opened recruiting for the game again.  I am the co-GM, and the primary GM is Arlyn, if you need to contact us.

What we are looking for:

A dark elf or two.  NOT drow, but dark elves.  If you don't know the type, look up Pirotess via Google Image search.  And yes, they likely have their own designs on the kingdom.
Scouts, archers, or mages.  We have several knights.
Additional Nobles.  These can be from Yukerit or from surrounding nations.  Considering that the Royal Family was nearly wiped out, you could make things interesting.
Possibly another 'Legitimate' heir, the child of the Queen's sibling or such.
Demonic cultists.  Always fun to have in town.

Magic: A character can have any of the following types of magic, but doesn't need them to play.  These are just the general forms.

Natural Magic: This is general spellcasting, anything from classic fireballs to healing magic.
Summoning Magic: The art of calling forth supernatural creatures to do your bidding.  Simple or dangerous, depending on how intelligent of a being you call forth.
Rune Magic: The art of magic via drawing runes on objects or individuals.

Links:

Yukerit Castle (In Character Thread)
Yukerit Castle (Out of Character Thread)
Yukerit Character Thread

Events So Far

The King of Yukerit was ill, and his Queen was having an unsteady rule, despite the fact that the throne had passed to the King only because he married her.  Some of the knights distrusted her, perhaps because they felt more loyalty toward the King than to the Queen, who had used dangerous and powerful magics in her youth.  She held court a day past, and in that time she revealed that the King was being poisoned, and was dying of the unknown affliction.  None knew from whence the illness came, whether from a curse or from actual poison.  This day came an elven princess from the Valley of the Sun, bearing a missive from her father, a long time ally of the Royalty of Yukerit.  Her message bore news of bandits along the border of the kingdoms, dressing in the colors of either kingdom for raids.

Only a short time after the events of the Court, tragedy struck.  The Queen, overwhelmed by the issues that had struck her kingdom, lost control of her chaos magic.  The magic went out of control, poisoning the elven Captain of the Guard, damaging a part of the castle which dropped it on one knight, and putting the twin princesses of the kingdom into comas.  At the same time the Prince of Yukerit had a demon take control of his body and attempt to rape one of the Queen's handmaids, but it went dormant at the explosion of chaos magic.  The Queen herself was turned into a living husk, her mind burnt out by the magic she had lost control of.  This event prompted the Elven Princess to decide to return to the Valley of the Sun quickly, caused in part by the revalation to her that the Prince was possessed by a demon.  The demon jumped from a window, and only its influence allowed him to survive the fall.  The Court Sorceress was summoned to aid him, but it was learned that he had inadvertly summoned the demon himself, and thus only he could drive it out.  The Sorceress gave him the means to confront it, and he apparently drove it from his body, though some believe that it is not completely gone.

That eve matters took a turn for the worse.  The Elven Princess returned to Yukerit instead of going all the way home, and was ambushed on her way back by bandits.  After reporting the incident, she retired to her chambers for the night.  Likewise, the Court Sorceress, weakened by the many magics she had cast that day, retired to her chambers and was ambushed by a Daemon Lord in her own room.  The Daemon Lord had obsessed over the Sorceress for over a decade, and took the chance of her weakness to take the elven woman for her own.  The Daemon planted a seed inside the Sorceress that would turn her into a Daemon within a week, and made it so that the Sorceress could only remember what had happened in her presence.  She then called forth another Daemon that was instructed to possess the Elven Princess and encourage her to think of the Court Sorceress romantically.  Her night that she had expected to spend with the Sorceress was cut short by other events, however.  At this time the Prince had been courted by one of the handmaids of the court, who was trying to cheer him from his depression.  The events were leading toward a tryst when disaster struck.

A Pixie Princess had come to Yukerit in the dead of night, upsetting the Captain of the Guard, who by this point was severely weakened by the magical poison.  Trying to make amends, the Pixie Princess tried to aid the Captain, turning the magic back on the source, which was the Queen herself.  The result was the magical implosion of the Queen's chambers, killing both her and the King in an instant, and rocking the castle.  A healer was in the meantime trying to aid the knight hurt in the prior damage to the castle, but other than that everyone in the castle came to investigate the cause of such destruction.  The Court Sorceress arrived as well as the Elven Princess, and through the Daemons that each unknowingly bore, they healed the Captain of the Guard, as well as found attraction toward each other.  The Prince, coming to investigate, encountered the Court Sorceress on her way back to her chambers, and learned of the events.  He quickly fell into a black mood, and went in search of the Pixie Princess.  The Elven Princess went to the gardens with another Knight, though the Daemon within her made it seem as though he had faint demonic taint, as though he might be a cultist himself.  After a brief romantic encounter, the Elven Princess returned to her chambers to sleep for the night.  The Court Sorceress did as well, at which point the Daemon Lord showed herself, and she began to plot her revenge on the Pixie Princess, who had caused her night to be interrupted.  And the morning will bring still greater complications than what would happen that eve...

Myrleena

Still looking for players, and as of a short while ago one of the princesses of the kingdoms had her soul sucked out and the Daemon Lord has possessed her body.

Leodran

Looks like a lot of fun.  I'll be happy to make up a dark elf demon summoner.  Always fun characters.  I'm familiar with Lodoss style dark elves, so there will be no irritating drow references.  I'll make up a character and catch up on what's been happening so far!

-Leo

Myrleena

Awesome!  We've been hoping for a dark elf for a while. ^_^

But FYI, Arlyn and I have nothing against drow, it's more that we decided that they didn't fit the flavor of Yukerit that we were going for.  Also, in the OOC (somewhere) is an explanation of the difference between demons and our Daemon Lord.

Leodran

Quote from: Leodran on August 16, 2009, 11:55:14 PM
Name- Harketh Nialisth

Race- Dark Elf

Appearance-  Harketh's dark skin and long ears are typical of dark elves.  His silver eyes are less common, but not unusual.  His body is fit, although not as strong or athletic as many of his kin.  What stands out about Harketh is his short crimson hair and the long scar down the right side of his face.

Basic Personality- Devious and no doubt sadistic, Harketh never the less is true to his word and loyal to his people.  His personality is often friendly, and will continue to be even in adversarial situations.  Beyond his racial loyalty, he will clearly side with whomever offers the best reward.

Basic Background-  Raised by his family to be a summoner, Harketh has been with demons since his early childhood.  Considering such notions as good and evil only functions of society, he practiced his art and his own interests without remorse.  He travels with an imp, who has been bound to him for many years and is a constant, if not always visible, companion.  Hearing tales of the swirl of events in Yukerit, he set out to 'join the fun'.  Whether his intentions are simple amusement, or are in line with a darker agenda has yet to be discovered.

Magic Capability-  Demon Summoning

Basic equipment- Dark cloak with dark brown leather clothing beneath.  He carries with him a sacrificial dagger, as well as various dusts and inks used in summoning.
How's that?

Myrleena

Doomsday

We're looking for more positions still. More knights, nobles, perhaps even upjumped Castle servants. Magic-users, outlandish plotters, schemers, wanting of the crown, all welcomed. Distant relatives to the crown who see opportunity to take it for themselves... Always an interesting option. Right now things are too boring and kosher in Yukerit, we need someone to come and shake the bird's cage a bit.

Doomsday

-.-

Lily's pretty much asking for an execution.

Myrleena

Doomsday

Damn, I saw Yukerit and I thought it was the OOC thread.

Enmuro

I'd be game for collaborating on a plot development with someone who is more familiar with Yukerit. If the plan sounded good then I would certainly volunteer to play any character that it called for. From experience I mostly specialize in mystery detective knights and psychopathic cultists but its always nice to add a new specialty so anything would be on the menu for me purdy much.

Doomsday

I've already got your Yahoo, I'll hit you up tomorrow and we can talk about Yukerit. I play the prince so I'm pretty familiarized with the plot.

Enmuro

Myrleena

Okay, new positions wanted!  We have an invading army that is going to be demanding the surrender of Yukerit, and whom knows what the decision will be?

We would like a Commander of this army, of either gender or any race.  It also has room for a number of soldiers and up to 6 mages.