The Animagnaverse (Anime/Manga RP)

Started by DigitLninja, May 09, 2010, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinoraa

Yeah, i like to call her yuru, (sorry old habit) as it slides of the tongue alot easier then yuro (which whenever i say it, eventually gets pronounced yuru anyway -.-)

Btw heres a good Yoru episode. http://dubhappy.com/bleach-episode-56-english-dub/

Switch to mega video, as the it seems the DH player seems to be broken, at least to me. Side note, at the beginning of the series she hid in the form of a cat.

DigitLninja

and I just bookmarked that site ^^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Haibane

sinoraa

And heres are a collection of her best moments, to summon up her more outrageous traits. And yes, that cat is till her, dispite the voice
Bleach - Ichigo & Yoruichi's Best Moments

DigitLninja

by far the best one was her first revealing her true form and we see just how innocent strawberry boy is ^________^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Ironwolf85

I always wondered why the cat's voice was male
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

sinoraa

Its because most mangas make it up as they go along. Onepiece/naruto/bleach didn't know if they'd be a success or if they'd hit off or not. Dragon ball z was only meant to go to Freeza, but then when it was such a big hit, they were forced to keep it going. Thats why certain mangas like Naruto if you keep up with that, turns really forced the longer they go on. Another good bleach example is, Yammy 0...You who read the manga know what that means.

Ironwolf85

understood... I had an idea... the bot I'm gonna play Nova actually beat the main characters from his home anime universe. What father in his right mind gives the keys to a supermech to his 12 year old rich girl daughter and her whiny shy boyfriend, then puts them in a team and sends them to fight on his company's behalf?
when they came up against Nova he flattened their team.
the team has grown up, some have moved on, but the rich girl, now 17, is still bitter and spiteful toward Nova, and the sex rumor about them the papparatzi started just made her hate him more.  ;D
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Haibane

I love sleaze and dirt on people. Always good. More nasty backstory please! :P

elfguy

Quote from: sinoraa on May 11, 2010, 10:22:08 AM
And heres are a collection of her best moments, to summon up her more outrageous traits. And yes, that cat is till her, dispite the voice

She reminds me a bit of Echidna, my favorite anime character, so I like her too ;)
----

Ironwolf85

well she and nova never actually slept togeather. while Nova explored the galaxy with his newfound freedom and soul, she spiraled out of control for years burying her pain in sex drugs and plastic surgery.
Her shy boyfriend tried to help her, but he made somthing of himself and is now part of the NEG military, he's let the battle with Nova go, and moved on becoming the anime hero he was destened to be.

sinoraa

So any idea of when this will kick off?

DigitLninja

well we have about 6-7 people let's try to get two more before we start things off...
Quotes to Live by:

Major Major

Hey, DLN? Is it okay if I run two characters in this?

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Major Major

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Haibane

I'm still not sure if I'm in or not. I'm painfully aware that my knowledge of anime is limited in genres and I don't know most of these characters and shows so I don't know if I could RP opposite them. If you are happy with me being 100% ignorant of everything about them I can join, but please don't go assuming that when you say 'XYZ turns up and uses his ABC machine' I'll have the first clue what you're on about!

Me asking questions about 'what is that?' and 'wait - why did that happen?' may just slow things down and annoy you all... :( I mean I'd love to play, I just don't usually watch anime that's non-romance, non-reality and usually non-high school based.

DigitLninja

That's fine Haibane, I actually hope that if people use an attack they try to find a video clip of it or something and asking why isn't a crime... just know that sometimes the answer is going to be 'because this attack defies the laws of physics' or 'that's just how it works'
Quotes to Live by:

Haibane

I have no problem with the laws of physics being defied or any number of weird things happening, heck, this is anime after all... its just that if someone mentions say, a mecha arriving and describing some weapon on it discharging by calling it the 'Green Frog Disrupter Gun' be aware that I won't know what a 'Green Frog Disrupter Gun' is so for me to have a clue what is going on you'd have to describe it's effects, noise and so on... or as you say, link me to an episode or clip where the 'Green Frog Disrupter Gun' gets used.

That's why I'm being cautious, me asking for explanations of what that looks like or sounds like is sure as eggs going to frustrate people.

DigitLninja

alright,well I'll try to be clear that people should find clips or be descriptive in there mention of attacks and weapons.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

Mine will eventually become custom attacks so I'll be sure to give as good a description as I can, until then if there are any videos I'll try and find them.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

sinoraa

Quote from: Haibane on May 11, 2010, 05:35:49 PM
I'm still not sure if I'm in or not. I'm painfully aware that my knowledge of anime is limited in genres and I don't know most of these characters and shows so I don't know if I could RP opposite them. If you are happy with me being 100% ignorant of everything about them I can join, but please don't go assuming that when you say 'XYZ turns up and uses his ABC machine' I'll have the first clue what you're on about!

Me asking questions about 'what is that?' and 'wait - why did that happen?' may just slow things down and annoy you all... :( I mean I'd love to play, I just don't usually watch anime that's non-romance, non-reality and usually non-high school based.
Nothing wrong with that, seeing as your character wouldn't know about the others. I dont know about some of these, but simply reading their personality and their setting makes me interested in seeing them interact.

Haibane

Okay, I'm in. As Kyon, or John Smith if you prefer, from Haruhi Suzumiya. I'll go write up a character sheet.

This world everyone meets in... heh, what sort of world is it? Or do we start in our own universes?

DigitLninja

it's basically a massive continent floating in space.
Quotes to Live by: