News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Miracles of Apple Cider Vinegar

Started by loki, April 09, 2011, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loki

Now who would think that something like apple cider vinegar would hold so many helpful things?

• Helps maintain a youthful skin and vibrant body
• Helps remove artery plaque
• Helps fight germs, viruses and bacteria naturally
• Helps retard the onset of old age in humans, pets and farm animals
• Helps regulate calcium metabolism
• Helps keep blood the right consistency
• Helps regulate women's menstruation
• Helps normalize the urine p H, thus relieving the frequent urge to urinate
• Helps digestion, assimilation and balances p H
• Helps relieve sore throats, laryngitis and throat tickles and cleans out toxins
• Helps sinus, asthma and flu sufferers to breathe easier and more normally
• Helps banish acne, soothes burns, sunburns
• Helps prevent itching scalp, baldness and dry hair and banishes dandruff
• Helps fight arthritis and removes crystals and toxins from joints, tissues and organs
• Helps control and normalize weight

It almost seems too good to be true but I can attest to it's ability as it has benefited myself, my husband and many of the other people that we have told about it. www.bragg.com is the website to this product and tells you a little more about it. I can also say that I do have the apple cider vinegar e-book if anyone is really interested please pm me. Also I do know that there isn't too many bad side effects but I can tell you that more isn't better. You shouldn't take over the recommended amounts of 1 to 2 teaspoons 1 to 3 times a day. Plus raw honey with it is very good. I tend to shoot my shot then chase it with honey and suck down the water.

So I was wondering if anyone else has either heard if this or even tried it and the results.
O&O

elone

Have heard this but have never tried it. Will check it out for a while and see.

Another good one is garlic. Cures everything. Take daily, haven't had a cold in years.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Serephino

Cinnamon is supposed to be good for your immune system, especially when mixed with honey.  It's also supposed to help regulate blood sugar.  Elderberry extract will help with colds and flu because something in it makes it so the virus can't invade your cells.

It really is amazing what common household things can do.  Our ancestors used to use things all the time, but since the invention of modern chemicals, we've forgotten.  Table salt has many uses too, but the only thing I can remember off hand is cleaning up red wine stains. And peanut butter will get gum out of your hair, or carpet, or any place it gets stuck. 

Oniya

Vegetable oil will work on gum as well, with less mess.  Basil, brewed into a tea, is surprisingly effective against migraines, and clove, either boiled or ground to a powder and wrapped in a moist paper towel, can be used to numb mouth pains. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xanatos

How the heck do you choke down Apple Cider Vinegar? I tried it once and it left my throat seared and partially raw. My voice was quite scratchy. Its rancid stuff (well vinegar in general). Do you know if its the vinegar that actually has all those benefits or the apple? If its the apple, why not just eat tons of apples and save the throat the torture. Apples certainly are tastier (Yum!). Cameo for the win!

Oniya

Apple cider vinegar is more acidic than 'white' vinegar, and must be diluted.  One tablespoon in an 8 oz. glass of water (15 mL vinegar: 250 mL) is the ratio for most of the uses listed, although I would use a higher concentration for sore throats (maybe 2 tbsp/8 oz at most), because I find that something roughly as acidic as lemonade helps in that situation.

It does seem to be peculiar to apple cider vinegar - I've never seen other vinegars touted for the health benefits, although balsamic is quite tasty.  As for 'why not eat apples' - Apples have their own health benefits, but it's the acetic acid that is formed from first, fermenting the fruit sugars to alcohol, and then change of the ethanol to acetic acid by one of the Acetobacter spp. that has the antibacterial properties.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zombie

I never knew it had so many uses o-o I've only ever used it in like cooking and one time, the doctor I go to about my toes, told me to soak my one toe in it and water. Supposedly it'd help it heal or something. (I had to get a ingrown toenail cut out if you were wondering) xD Pretty weird huh? Not sure if it actually works though, I thought it was silly so I never did it.

loki

Natural (undistilled) organic, raw ACV can really be called one of Mother Nature’s most perfect foods, the worlds first natural medicine.It is made from fresh, crushed apples which are then allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels, as wood tends to “boost” the natural fermentation. Natural ACV is a rich, brownish color and if held to the light you might see a tiny formation of “cobweb-like” substances we call the miracle “mother”. Usually some “mother” shows at bottom of bottle as it ages more. It never needs refrigeration!You can also save some “mother” and transfer it to work in other natural vinegars. When you
smell natural ACV, often there is a pungent odor and sometimes it’s so ripened it can pucker your mouth
and smart your eyes – these are natural, good signs.

Why Has Natural Apple Cider Vinegar Disappeared from Grocers’ Shelves? The blame for the disappearance of natural raw apple cider vinegar from supermarkets lies on the shoulders of the general public, as well as the producers of vinegar. Most people buy food with their eyes, not thinking of good nutrition. Vinegar producers failed to enlighten the public on what powerful health qualities are locked within natural ACV. Why?Because they didn’t have the slightest knowledge of the health values of natural, raw, organic,
unfiltered, cloudy (to some, less attractive-looking) ACV with the  “mother”. They  produced  pasteurized,  refined, distilled vinegars because the public demanded it. It was simply filling current supply and demand that tragically removed the priceless miraculous health benefits.

Powerful Health Qualities They Removed,  You cannot completely blame the producers of vinegar.
They are not nutritionists, nor are they biochemists. Their business is to give the customers what they want.
Most people purchase vinegar for flavoring, also for pickling and marinating their foods. Some women use
it to rinse their hair after shampooing, as it leaves it squeaky clean, softer and much easier to manage.
ACV Kills Germs, Viruses, Mold & Bacteria Recent studies show a straight 5% solution of vinegar kills 99%
of bacteria, 82% of common mold & 80% of germs & viruses. It’s a great  germ and virus fighter in homes, kitchens, baths and in hospitals, labs, etc. Some mix it with water to wash windows, as it removes sludge and keeps them sparkling clean, as it does for the body. ACV has hundreds of uses and its versatility is legendary as a powerful household cleansing and deodorizing agent, free of dangerous chemicals.

ACV Has Proven Powerful Health Qualities Both the general public and the producers of vinegar have been uninformed as to the powerful health qualities of organic, raw, unfiltered, fully ripened ACV. Ignorance isn’t
always bliss! When most people see natural apple cider vinegar with the brownish color and the tiny, cobweb “mother” floating in it, they think it looks unappetizing. The general public has been educated and brainwashed to want everything they purchase to have perfect eye appeal! To  meet this demand that vinegar must be clear and light colored and free from the brownish, cobweb “mother” is the reason producers distill their vinegar. In distilling, the vinegar is turned to steam by heating. Therefore it destroys
the powerful enzymes and distills out the life-giving minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, natural organic sodium, magnesium, sulphur, iron, copper, natural organic fluorine, silicon, trace minerals, essential amino acids and pectin and many other powerful nutrients!Distilling also destroys the natural malic and tartaric acids which are important in fighting body toxins and inhibiting unfriendly bacteria. You can see how the public, with their obsession for eye appeal foods, reacts. The producers of apple cider vinegar, who agreed to sell their product for a profit, put a “death warrant” against healthy, organic, raw, fully ripened
ACV. The public got what they wanted – a clear, appealing, but dead ACV. When natural ACV was hard to
find, other strange vinegars began to appear on grocery shelves. The first was malt vinegar, a refined vinegar. It’s clear and acceptable to the public. It tastes like vinegar, but has none of the healing qualities of natural, raw  ACV .

Then came the real tragedy: a food chemist produced an imitation vinegar from coal tar! It looked clean, white and tasted like vinegar.Today it’s the most popular vinegar in supermarkets.It’s cheaper than distilled vinegar or malt vinegar.Most people buy these worthless vinegars.There’s nothing good about commercial vinegars, except they look clean and taste like vinegar. They have no health value! They don’t contain the health values of organic, raw ACV with the mother. Sad fact: millions worldwide never get the health benefits of this natural organic apple cider vinegar as Hippocrates used in 400 B.C.

Also you only need to take 1 to 2 TEASPOONS, 1 to 3 times a day. That's it. No more, this is something that more isn't better. Plus you can take it many many many different way. You can shoot it like a shot and follow it with raw honey and the 8oz of water. (I do it this way) You can mix the water, vinegar and raw honey, 100% maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, or 4 drops herb stevia. I have also seen people add it to tea (after it was heated). Though I do know that you shouldn't add it to other acidic drinks like OJ and other juices. And it is not as bad as it seems to take it, yes if you take it like a shot it will sting/burn a little but the honey is the soother and helps a lot!
O&O

Xanatos

Interesting. Where do you find the real deal? I know of two places that might have it, but that doesn't mean much. Is this something that most health food stores would have?

loki

Most health food stores probably have it but I have also found it in Kroger's and Giant Eagle. Most likely you can just look in your regular grocery store in the health food section for it. I'm not sure about the other stores in other states, but I do know those two in Ohio have it.
O&O

Xanatos

Ah. I am in Cali. There are some popular organic stories in the local big city near where I live. Actually one store local in town too. I can give them a look see. Is ACV expensive? That might be a stupid question, I suppose, given the fad that Organic is which automatically equals dollar signs in the eyes of marketers.

Oniya

If you're moderately industrious, vinegar isn't hard to make once you have a starter.  Kind of like sourdough bread in that respect.  You'd have to shell out for the initial unpasteurized, unfiltered ACV, but after that, you just need to keep it going:

http://www.vinegarman.com/VinegarMaking.shtml

Mimiko

Ooh, interesting. I know it's great to cook with... but I didn't know all the great stuff about it either!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always looking for a tentacle to play with~
Now playing on Discord - PM me for info!

Ons/Offs & Ideas

Will

I've seen unfiltered apple cider vinegar at nearly every grocery store I've been in, spanning a few states even.  It shouldn't be hard to find.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

loki

I have seen it priced from $4.99 up to $10 dollars depending on what store you go to.
O&O