Help with "refreshing" account?

Started by Cdra, December 02, 2015, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdra

So, I made this account when I was in high school -- barely 18 years old.  Now I'm turning 24 and looking to... eh... start clean?  I've changed a terrible lot in almost six years, ahaha... a lot of growing up was done, a lot of self-exploration both sexual and otherwise included.  But I would like to keep this username, so I suppose all I can do is delete as many of my old posts as possible and re-write all my profile stuff... which... I guess is fine.  Though some of my posts don't want to let me delete them...?

However, more importantly, my account says that I am a Lady.  As I said, I've changed a terrible lot in the past few years -- I am, in fact, nonbinary (neutrois), and I would very much like to have that reflected on my account.  If there is no way to do this, I suppose I'll have to lock this one up to the best of my ability and make a new one... but I would like to keep this username, as Cdra is my name in practically any non-business situation.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]O/Os here!
I breeze about the forum at random hours.  Please contact me if you'd be interested in a roleplay or just to chat!

NOTE: Sometimes I don't feel up to responding to messages.  Just be patient with me![/td][/tr][/table]

The Dark Raven

Staff can change your gender status to Liege is you prefer (I think that is the classification that includes nonbinary, transgender, seeking, and other transitionary statuses).

As I recall, we are not able to delete posts, they just fade into the background. :)

Also, "Threesomer" isn't something you change yourself.  It is a label that sort of explains how many posts you have, and the names were set by staff when the forum was built.

I'd say just contact one of staff to change your status from Lady to Liege and update your profile and any Ons and Offs that you have, that sort of thing.

Welcome back!

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Lilias

We do not delete roleplays, as they are collaborative works. The posts you deleted have been restored; please don't do it again.

You can PM any staffer to discuss a change of gender badge. Welcome back!
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Cdra

Ah, sorry about that.  I guess I'll just deal with whatever six-year-ago me wrote hanging out there >w>  But yes, I'll PM someone about the badge.  Thank you.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]O/Os here!
I breeze about the forum at random hours.  Please contact me if you'd be interested in a roleplay or just to chat!

NOTE: Sometimes I don't feel up to responding to messages.  Just be patient with me![/td][/tr][/table]

Oniya

If it's any consolation, quite a few of us have 'six-years-ago' writing on the site.  :D  Re-doing your profile/Ons-and-offs is perfectly legit and also something that a lot of us do fairly regularly as our interests and self-awareness evolves.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cdra

Haha, I think I would mind less if it wasn't the only thing attached to my account, you know?  I don't want anyone looking at that and thinking it says anything about present day me >w<  But, oh well!  I'll work on a new O/O thread once I get my badge fixed. ^^
[tr][td]
[/td][td]O/Os here!

Nico

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Cdra on December 02, 2015, 11:46:37 AM
Haha, I think I would mind less if it wasn't the only thing attached to my account, you know?  I don't want anyone looking at that and thinking it says anything about present day me >w<  But, oh well!  I'll work on a new O/O thread once I get my badge fixed. ^^

And if they try to, kindly remind them that you have changed and to please understand you are not the same person at this point in your life.  ;)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Beguile's Mistress

Make a specific note in your Ons/Offs thread talking about the evolution in your writing and perhaps add some stories to the Storytleller's Forum that you can link to as examples of your current work.