Star Treking across the Universe

Started by LeoStar, December 16, 2010, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoStar

These are the voyages of the star ship Reliant its continuing mission…

Well you guessed it I was thinking of a star trek game. With all the strange alien women and holodecks you can use. I’m going to do this as an interest check first. I’m willing to run a small away team sized game, but I’d really like to do a game with each major roll filled. From captain and chief engineer all the way down to the Doctor and ship pilot. I’ve read up the rules for the STRP game but I am willing to run an on the fly game if people don’t know it.

This is going to be set on a federation star ship that’s current mission is to patrol the Romulus boarder. IT will be is set a year after the Nemesis movie events. The ship called U.S.S Reliant is a Nebular class ship (slightly smaller version of a galaxy, you know the one Patrick Stewart was in) so it comes with tons of room, any extra crew members you need, holodecks and everything else you can think of.

Requirements for the game –

You can play any species you want, that’s in the federation. If you really want to play a Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian or something else I want a good reason for it.

An example would be

Name: James T Kirk
Species: Human
Sex: Male
Eyes: blue
Height: Brown short
Visual picture:

Body: well built, muscular
Customization to uniform: None
Rank and profession: Captain, Tactical
Personality: Womaniser, rash, egotistic
History: etc etc

No I don’t intend to play him, I only intend to run the game. But this is an example of what I want.

fallensaviour

i like this idea and i'm going to pull an old character but i do have one question, which st rp system are you talking about i know at least 3

geordi was always my fave startrek char...so i'm gonna go chief engineer.  i was thinking of a

Name: Mil Pakod
Species: brikarian
Sex: Male
Eyes: blue
Height: bald

Visual picture: 
Body: Large, broad, rocklike
Customization to uniform: gravity compensator worn on belt for normal (earth) gravity

Rank and profession: Lt. Chief engineer
Personality: stoic
History: One of the few members of his silicone based species in starfleet mil eschewed the fields normally followed by his brethren for the engineering corps.  His bulky size has made some things difficult in his chosen career however his immunities have more than made up for it.

Sexual Likes, dislikes(incase the game goes that direction) sexual likes/desires any sort of sex involving himself and 1+ females of whatever race happens to strike him at the time.

LeoStar

the system i'v been reading up is the decipher system, its all based on 2D6. though i am up for suggestions.

fallensaviour

awesome thats my favorite of the 3 i know of :D

Muse

OOoooh!  You DEFIANTLY have my attention here!  Please do use the Decipher system.  :) 

Andorian male pilot, maybe?  Or trill male first officer? 

If the gals don't come flooding in, I have plenty of gal concepts too. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

fallensaviour

i may need to work with you leo on making the brikarian race since they were only in non canon trek books

Caela

Interest peaked. I don't know the game system but I'm a fast learner hehe and am sure I could pick it up. The guys seem to be going alien so I think I'd like to make a human doctor, female, maybe a bit too brainy (you have to be smart to remember all that alien physiology!), slightly withdrawn initially but with a good heart if you can find it.

Just thoughts off the top of my head right now, can be changed if needed to make a game work.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Caela on December 20, 2010, 09:13:14 AM
Interest peaked. I don't know the game system but I'm a fast learner hehe and am sure I could pick it up. The guys seem to be going alien so I think I'd like to make a human doctor, female, maybe a bit too brainy (you have to be smart to remember all that alien physiology!), slightly withdrawn initially but with a good heart if you can find it.

Just thoughts off the top of my head right now, can be changed if needed to make a game work.

its like 3.5 d&d except you use more d6s

LeoStar

well i'm gald there is intrest in the game. looking at the numbers were probably looking at an away team sized group, so 4-6. though i have no problem people taking up officer roles, by the way its looking i'm probably going to have to be captian of the ship just so i can have a bit of control on what you people do.

Muse

My friend ran a 6 year star wars campaign for us using a splash of gurps system so we could throw dice every once in a while. 

He played the captain.  We each had a primary character, but occasionally rped other crew members of our design as well as 'Guest Stars'. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ferrousaemyr

Well, I do tend to follow Muse around these days. :P

Star Trek would be a lot of fun, though. I don't know the Decipher system, but can quickly learn. I'll throw in for a role if you pick up more people.

Muse

Anyone else?  Or is it time to start building with what we've got? 

LeoStar

i'd prefer to keep the idea alive so i think we should build on what we have rather than hope for more.

Muse

Not so long ago there was an angry young man named Malko.  His mother and breathed to see him earn what she had not, joining with a Trill Symbiot.  When he finished a round of studies, she pushed him into athletics.  When he finished a round of athletics, she pushed an artistic class upon him.  When he slept she was there before he could wake on his own with more studies.  When he refused, she nagged, needled, cried, and prayed to the heavens to forgive a failed mother. 

At the height of adolescent rage, Malko knew what he had to do.  His rebellion ceased and he threw himself into studies and training with all his heart, dreaming of the day when he would be offered a symbiot and decline. 

For all the strength he believed he had, on Malko’s nineteenth birthday, his convictions wavered and his act of defiance failed.  The next day, waking from a surgical haze, he slowly explored in his mind what it was to be Aurin Malko. 

He wasn’t weak anymore.  When his mother began regaling him with her plans for a rich and prosperous life in oceanic science, Malko calmly pressed send on the data pad and began to pack.  The plans went on, his mother not seeming to notice.  The big trill embraced her and kissed her gently on the forehead.  “I’m going to Star Fleet now, mother.  Don’t you think it’s time for you to find a ship of you own. 

Four years later, Aurin Malko had completed the officer’s program at the Starfleet academy and his  mother was out at sea, studying alga, content with who she was for the first time in her life. 

fallensaviour

so...did this die or is it the holidays interfearing with schedules

LeoStar

sorry holidays got in the way. hopfully its still alive if the people still want it

Lunarice

I'd be interested in maybe a human or Betazoid pilot.  Is there a link for this system?  I haven't heard of it but would love to look it over and submit a character.

LeoStar

unfortunatly i havent fouund any websites with the books. the system were going to use is the Decipher Star trek Rp system. i have a torrent link if you want it though.

Muse

Name:      Aurin Malko
Species:   Trill (Joined)
Sex:      Male
Height:      6'9"
Weight      242
Skin:      Fair
Hair:      
Eyes:      

Picture: 

Body:       Tall, broad, and powerful. 
Uniform:   Standard, though he's known to carry a batlet in tense situations. 
Personality:   
History:   
   Not so long ago there was an angry young man named Malko.  His mother and breathed to see him earn what she had not, joining with a Trill Symbiot.  When he finished a round of studies, she pushed him into athletics.  When he finished a round of athletics, she pushed an artistic class upon him.  When he slept she was there before he could wake on his own with more studies.  When he refused, she nagged, needled, cried, and prayed to the heavens to forgive a failed mother. 

At the height of adolescent rage, Malko knew what he had to do.  His rebellion ceased and he threw himself into studies and training with all his heart, dreaming of the day when he would be offered a symbiot and decline. 

For all the strength he believed he had, on Malko’s nineteenth birthday, his convictions wavered and his act of defiance failed.  The next day, waking from a surgical haze, he slowly explored in his mind what it was to be Aurin Malko. 

He wasn’t weak anymore.  When his mother began regaling him with her plans for a rich and prosperous life in oceanic science, Malko calmly pressed send on the data pad and began to pack.  The plans went on, his mother not seeming to notice.  The big trill embraced her and kissed her gently on the forehead.  “I’m going to Star Fleet now, mother.  Don’t you think it’s time for you to find a ship of you own. 

Four years later, Aurin Malko had completed the officer’s program at the Starfleet academy and his  mother was out at sea, studying alga, content with who she was for the first time in her life. 

Malko is the fourth Aurin. 

Aurin is regaurded as a bit of a Xenopheliac even by symbiot standards.  With it's first host, Chiss, she spent decades amongst orions. 

With his second host, Sabian, she lived in the klingon empire and died in the dominion war.  (Aurin has the symbiot transporter alergy.  After emergency beam off of an exploding ship in the dominion war, Star Fleet Medical Officers were unable to save Sabian and almost lost Aurin.) 

Aurin's third host, Jedek, was a serene and intelgent astrophysicist who spent a lot of time alone but had strong ties to the vulcan science academy.  A musician, Aurin Jedek mastered the vulcan lute. 

Aurin Malko is the first Aurin in star fleet.  He is freinds with an old klingon ambasador--Kael--who calls him, "Malko, son of Sabian." 

His orion aquaintances are mostly dead now, but he stil apreciates many aspects of orion culture. 

How's that for a first officer? 

And how many tours do you want him built on?  He might be 30-36. 

LeoStar

Muse I like it, but you have brought up a few problems that you’re all going to need to answer. The creation of characters in this system is quite weird so I need a bit of specific information. This will help me build the characters, or you can build them, since I’m going upload the players guide. Anyway the questions are as follow.

1 - Species - that’s easy for most, unless you want something new, i would like to avoid that since I’m new to the system as well.

2 - Profession - This one is quite simple I’m going to limit you to federation officers so you have a choice of Command, Counsellor, Engineering, flight, Medicine, security, science or operations (handyman, does a bit of everything)

3a – Character development – this helps with RP as well as character building. I want an idea of your characters upbringing; examples would be a colony child, military brat or famous parent. This helps with character skills.

3b – Character Carrier – did your character get any special training in the academy or on duty. Examples of this would be an engineer learning star ship design, or warp core theory. while a pilot might get special small aircraft training.

I don’t need a paragraph for each, but I and you will need something to work from when building the characters. Also this is a link to the player guide

http://www.mediafire.com/?hdvdch52tv9qvr7

Lunarice

I'm still working on a pilot and trying to figure out all the rules.  One question though, is this going to be a heavy tehcnical jargon game?  I may know some of the terms but the hows and whys are a bit of a mystery to me.

Carlissa

I'm willing to join as an Orion female if you still need players. I'm not familiar with the gameing system, however...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Muse

Quote from: LeoStar on December 27, 2010, 07:30:33 PM
Muse I like it, but you have brought up a few problems that you’re all going to need to answer. The creation of characters in this system is quite weird so I need a bit of specific information. This will help me build the characters, or you can build them, since I’m going upload the players guide. Anyway the questions are as follow.

1 - Species - that’s easy for most, unless you want something new, i would like to avoid that since I’m new to the system as well.

2 - Profession - This one is quite simple I’m going to limit you to federation officers so you have a choice of Command, Counsellor, Engineering, flight, Medicine, security, science or operations (handyman, does a bit of everything)

3a – Character development – this helps with RP as well as character building. I want an idea of your characters upbringing; examples would be a colony child, military brat or famous parent. This helps with character skills.

3b – Character Carrier – did your character get any special training in the academy or on duty. Examples of this would be an engineer learning star ship design, or warp core theory. while a pilot might get special small aircraft training.

I don’t need a paragraph for each, but I and you will need something to work from when building the characters. Also this is a link to the player guide

http://www.mediafire.com/?hdvdch52tv9qvr7

I was hoping to build him myself if you don't mind, Leo.  You have plenty of people less experiencede with the Decipher STar Trek system who need your help, ne? 

Aurin Malko, of course, is a Trill, with a fairly high strength.  There have been three previous Aurins, which is a fairly high roll, but he's also transporter intolerant. 

He went into the field of Command. 

I haven't fleshed out his post academy days at all but thought I would do that with the book in front of me. 

LeoStar

sure, build him yourself. everything seems to be dead over christmas/new year so you have plenty of time.