News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Marvel Apocalypse

Started by apygoos, March 20, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

i dont think im going to let blue marvel, simply because we already have ms marvel, and hes just on a huge power level that frankly, if he was on earth, likely wouldve been paid a visit by a few of the four horseman themselves. Thor is being permitted, but as said before, he cant go godmode. in addition having too many people of the same archestype [ultra bricks] could potentially become stale., if that makes sense?

The Fantastic Four  were one of the groups hit hardest with no warning. The group was paid a visit by war and Famine: Red Hulk and the Mandarin respectively. I should also say that Emma Frost is pestilence, and Death? well we wanted to see what you all think should be Apocalypses chief agent of death. We didn't want to use Archangel because it had happened to him before, and if someone wanted to play Warren, in that regard he could have a slightly larger role than others down the road if hopefully the game gets that far. Carnage was used as death previously.

Hopefully, ill have a CS up for people to check out and fill out later today. once that happens  and you have a character submitted and approved, you can contemplate a second character [canon or OC]

Neysha

Yeah upon pondering it for awhile,  I think i'll join as Titania since she's more well known then my other ideas,  and isn't really an ultra brick. She has formidablr strength and durability, but no superpowers beyond that.  No flight or energy projection. She's not even that bright. So it'll be a fun change of pace from last time.

Also she's a villain without being vehemently evil which is appealing.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

kckolbe

I remember the first version of this, was definitely enjoying it.  If you are looking for more male characters, I'm always down to play Banshee, or willing to try someone else.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 09:53:01 AM
I remember the first version of this, was definitely enjoying it.  If you are looking for more male characters, I'm always down to play Banshee, or willing to try someone else.
youremore than welcome to play banshee, or another character!

Diesel Heart

My secondary character interest:

Canon
Bob the Hydra Agent
Howard the Duck
Marrow
Luke Cage
Wolverine

Original
Anarchy

kckolbe

I would recommend making second characters something to be earned through activity.  This being at least mainly PvE, character death is not that likely, so there isn't a lot of benefit to having a lot of characters.  If anything, second chars should probably only be used this early on to help even ratios.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 12:09:17 PM
I would recommend making second characters something to be earned through activity.  This being at least mainly PvE, character death is not that likely, so there isn't a lot of benefit to having a lot of characters.  If anything, second chars should probably only be used this early on to help even ratios.
it will be something to consider. which is why for now, i say think on them, but nothing will really happen until characters are locked in. a thirdcharacter wont be possible until a couple months of activity.
on that note

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Powers:
Abilities:
Equipment:
Biography:
Face-Claim:
Image:
Notes:

here is the character sheet. If you are making a OC, your bio should be detailing your life before the invasion and you were taken, subjected to the serum. im interested to see what powers OCs will bring, hehe.

be sure to PM your sheets to myself, WardenIce, and MaiMizzu

Diesel Heart

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

Well, that goes without saying. Still, having the interest in who you may be willing to play as a secondary focus isn't that bad. We haven't established an exact time where playing the second characters are allowed. Where it stands now is generally a friendly reminder not to stress yourself too much on having to pick from a list of wonderful characters when opportunities are presented later to play another.

VonDoom

Uh, perhaps showing that I haven't been hugely active on these boards, but ... 'face-claim'? Is this one of those 'use models/actors instead of comic images' things, to reserve people? And if so, is that mandatory? I'll admit, I prefer art for superhero comics-based games.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Diesel Heart

Quote from: VonDoom on March 23, 2014, 12:50:29 PM
Uh, perhaps showing that I haven't been hugely active on these boards, but ... 'face-claim'? Is this one of those 'use models/actors instead of comic images' things, to reserve people? And if so, is that mandatory? I'll admit, I prefer art for superhero comics-based games.

I've always seen it as rather novelty or simply fun with no real significance or impact on the game. I would say it's optional, personally for those that want to just have the added bit of fun with the character.

Batman4560

VonDoom, I can't stand in the way of someone with that name playing the good Doctor. Go ahead and take him. Ill figure something out.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 12:58:40 PM
VonDoom, I can't stand in the way of someone with that name playing the good Doctor. Go ahead and take him. Ill figure something out.

There's always Valeria von Doom =P

ebpohmr

Registering interest, but not sure what I might want to play yet. *goes off to read more about apocalypse*

apygoos

please PM the sheets as instructed.

VonDoom

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 12:58:40 PM

Really? Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 02:32:27 PM
please PM the sheets as instructed.

Sorry, fixed it.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Batman4560

Any time. There seem to be hundreds of Marvel Characters.

Loves

Elektra's sheet has been sent  :)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Juggtacular

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
i dont think im going to let blue marvel, simply because we already have ms marvel, and hes just on a huge power level that frankly, if he was on earth, likely wouldve been paid a visit by a few of the four horseman themselves. Thor is being permitted, but as said before, he cant go godmode. in addition having too many people of the same archestype [ultra bricks] could potentially become stale., if that makes sense?

The Fantastic Four  were one of the groups hit hardest with no warning. The group was paid a visit by war and Famine: Red Hulk and the Mandarin respectively. I should also say that Emma Frost is pestilence, and Death? well we wanted to see what you all think should be Apocalypses chief agent of death. We didn't want to use Archangel because it had happened to him before, and if someone wanted to play Warren, in that regard he could have a slightly larger role than others down the road if hopefully the game gets that far. Carnage was used as death previously.

Hopefully, ill have a CS up for people to check out and fill out later today. once that happens  and you have a character submitted and approved, you can contemplate a second character [canon or OC]

I don't think that's quite fair. Blue Marvel is powerful yes but so is Thor(his creator even stated that he was on the same level as people like Hulk and Thor, but he expressly pointed out he wasn't just light years ahead of them) and Beta Ray Bill if whoever was expressing interest is still making him. As is Doom(one of the most powerful mages in Marvel period) and even Iceman when he's properly motivated(one of the strongest Omega Level Mutants out there). Even Graviton has simultaneously pinned every hero on Earth to the ground while levitating an island several miles above the surface of the planet and at one point he literally rearranged a portion of the planet to resemble his face. And aside from having Marvel in his name, he has absolutely nothing to do with Carol Danvers. I was looking forward to this but if I can't play Blue Marvel, I'm going to unfortunately have to retract myself. Hope this thing goes well.

AribethAmkiir

What's the state of the world (universe) before Apocalypse's attack?  Where in the timeline does this take place?  What major events would have taken place that would effect our characters?

apygoos

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 23, 2014, 04:44:16 PM
What's the state of the world (universe) before Apocalypse's attack?  Where in the timeline does this take place?  What major events would have taken place that would effect our characters?
we the GMs has a general nod to post AvX, with that being the most recent 616 event. so the Avenger unity squad would be formed formed for the Avengers from the Xmen. you can say "the event" occurs a couple months after those events. This is our own universe however. I personally want to attempt to follow as close a combination of 616[main timeline] and ultimate as possible, somewhat like the cinematic universe does.

ebpohmr

Having read up on Apocalypse, I have an idea for a psychokinetic flyer/healer OC. A question though - how long before the game starts will OC's have had their powers? Just trying to get a feeling for how likely they are to understand and control their newly-received abilities?

apygoos

Quote from: ebpohmr on March 23, 2014, 05:30:14 PM
Having read up on Apocalypse, I have an idea for a psychokinetic flyer/healer OC. A question though - how long before the game starts will OC's have had their powers? Just trying to get a feeling for how likely they are to understand and control their newly-received abilities?
its been about a week or two since the event. this will be a point of discussion once we get to ooc. a week or two namely because humans were rounded up into those gigantic concentration camps for serum administration. the likelyhood of understanding/control i would say correlated directly to how complex a power you have is. most people though would be aware that its the serum that's giving them /something/. psychokinetic flight + healing is perfectly valid.  on your sheet just be sure to explain to what level this healing is.

ebpohmr

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 05:45:05 PM
its been about a week or two since the event. this will be a point of discussion once we get to ooc. a week or two namely because humans were rounded up into those gigantic concentration camps for serum administration. the likelyhood of understanding/control i would say correlated directly to how complex a power you have is. most people though would be aware that its the serum that's giving them /something/. psychokinetic flight + healing is perfectly valid.  on your sheet just be sure to explain to what level this healing is.

Ah, cool! Is it okay to include notes of optional abilities I would like to include along with descriptions/justifications? I don't want him to be overpowered, but you GM's are the best judge of where that line is!

Batman4560

Would it be at all possible to play this character?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

apygoos

Quote from: ebpohmr on March 23, 2014, 05:51:26 PM
Ah, cool! Is it okay to include notes of optional abilities I would like to include along with descriptions/justifications? I don't want him to be overpowered, but you GM's are the best judge of where that line is!
sure!