Isle of the Damned - Pirates! Mercenaries! Slaves! - Always Recruiting!

Started by GnothiSeauton, December 14, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

If there is availability, would it be viable to join the game as a warrior or slave in the fighting pits?

Obviously I would need to read he world information to forge a good character, but if there is a convenient "in" right now I'd love to jump on it.

EDIT: I've started reading through the history and geology to form a idea! I'm big on the concept of a Spartacus-esk gladiator right now
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

So I've read through a bunch of the world and game info!

I only have one question, what is the dominant religion in Tyr? I may have just missed that info, but I was forming a guy who would be a slave from that tribe-like region.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

GnothiSeauton

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Red!  It's been a long, long day, and I had planned to get back to you sooner, but it honestly slipped my mind until your latest post.

So glad to see you're interested!

Tyr's religious make up is a mixture of the Higher Faith, as well as God of the Seas among the seafarers and warriors. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.msg10476939#msg10476939

There's a bit of a cheat-sheet, after all of the pretty pictures, as well as some information/descriptions about the various religions. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

consortium11

I've also written quite a lot about my take on Tyr, the culture, the history etc etc... I think I've still got a big ol' blob of text floating around somewhere which goes into it in some considerable detail. If you ever want to pick my brain about any aspect feel free. Likewise my characters are all Tyrian so if you want to try and set up some background between your character and my group we can see if we can set something up.

Loves

I'm very much interested in this game.  Are you still recruiting? and if so, are there any kind of characters needed, or roles you wish filled?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 09, 2015, 02:10:36 PM
I'm very much interested in this game.  Are you still recruiting? and if so, are there any kind of characters needed, or roles you wish filled?

We're very much still recruiting!

We've been going for quite some time, but it's honestly really easy to just jump on in.  And everyone's pretty easy to work with and willing to help out.

I can't think of any character types or specific roles that might be needed.  Did you have anything in particular in mind?  Anything you wanted to do?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

I had a couple of characters I played in Rome that I dearly miss. One was the daughter of a desert king who had been traded for his debts, the other was a deadly female assassin... they hated each other, but still needed each other, so they were forced  to get along (sorta)  :P
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 09, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
I had a couple of characters I played in Rome that I dearly miss. One was the daughter of a desert king who had been traded for his debts, the other was a deadly female assassin... they hated each other, but still needed each other, so they were forced  to get along (sorta)  :P

Ooh, both ideas sound rather intriguing!  I think either or both could make great additions.

If you'd like, there's a directory of characters that are active in the game in the Game Information thread.  It's not completely up to date, as there have been some new sheets I haven't added there yet, but it's a great place to see what all is in the group, what all is active, and what could be needed or even possible connections.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 09, 2015, 02:36:00 PM
Ooh, both ideas sound rather intriguing!  I think either or both could make great additions.

If you'd like, there's a directory of characters that are active in the game in the Game Information thread.  It's not completely up to date, as there have been some new sheets I haven't added there yet, but it's a great place to see what all is in the group, what all is active, and what could be needed or even possible connections.

great!  thank you,  I am talking with a friend of mine who also would like to join. He and I are discussing possible connections that would explain all three being new arrivals. 

I'm going to check out that character listing, and see about getting you some sheets!

*is excited!*
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Swashbuckler

*is said friend*   ;D

I was thinking of desert thief would has the ability to control rope.  Not a ships worth of rope, but A rope.  Like enough to get him untied or to tie itself in a second story window to make his job easier.  Is that something that would work?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Swashbuckler on July 09, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
*is said friend*   ;D

I was thinking of desert thief would has the ability to control rope.  Not a ships worth of rope, but A rope.  Like enough to get him untied or to tie itself in a second story window to make his job easier.  Is that something that would work?

That sounds interesting.  Like, a few feet of rope? 

I think, if he had to really concentrate on it, and wasn't, like, the heavy ship lines, I think it could definitely work.

Seeking New Stories

Swashbuckler

Yes indeed, like say 10ft?  Enough to get him up a story, or untied if captured and tied.   And yes, way thinner than ships lines. 

He would have to close his eyes and concentrate, blocking out all else, which since he would be rubbish in a fight, is a dangerous prospect.

I will work out his sheet tonight and send it your way and you can let me know what you think or scrap his power.  I have lots of other options for him.  :-)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Swashbuckler on July 09, 2015, 03:17:41 PM
Yes indeed, like say 10ft?  Enough to get him up a story, or untied if captured and tied.   And yes, way thinner than ships lines. 

He would have to close his eyes and concentrate, blocking out all else, which since he would be rubbish in a fight, is a dangerous prospect.

I will work out his sheet tonight and send it your way and you can let me know what you think or scrap his power.  I have lots of other options for him.  :-)

I'm sold on the concept.  Sounds exactly like what I was thinking, in terms of weaknesses. 

Can't wait to see a sheet!

Seeking New Stories

Loves

Faceclaim for the Princess:  claudia lynx nadia bjorlin
the warrior is a drawing, is that okay?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 09, 2015, 03:34:39 PM
Faceclaim for the Princess:  claudia lynx nadia bjorlin
the warrior is a drawing, is that okay?

Ooooh, very nice.

That's definitely fine with me.

Drawn images, artistic images, etc., are more than fine with me for any use in the story, even characters.  I only draw the line when it's anime, or overtly cartoonish with unrealistic proportions and the like.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

And just to put it out there...

If anyone needs any help, with faces, concepts, getting started, etc, I'm more than happy to help.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

Sorry for the delays in my CS.  I've been dealing with RL crap with more death in my family. I'll be on and off during the week but will do my best to get caught up quickly.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 13, 2015, 07:16:20 AM
Sorry for the delays in my CS.  I've been dealing with RL crap with more death in my family. I'll be on and off during the week but will do my best to get caught up quickly.

There's absolutely no rush at all! We are all pretty laid back and I'm serious about real life coming first.

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. Please take all the time you need. We will still be around for a while.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

To update you.....

I was gardening, pulling out plants and things that would make my new puppy sick or worse. We were laying down sod. The next thing I know, I'm twisting and falling and ended up breaking three bones on the top of my foot.

FML
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2015, 08:18:08 AM

To update you.....

I was gardening, pulling out plants and things that would make my new puppy sick or worse. We were laying down sod. The next thing I know, I'm twisting and falling and ended up breaking three bones on the top of my foot.

FML

Damn... Feel better!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2015, 08:18:08 AM

To update you.....

FML

Yeeeeeeesh.

That is absolutely horrible luck!

I hope that heels up soon!  Broken bones fucking suck.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

I totally agree.... I've never broken a bone before, and I have to say, I do not wish to break any others.

though I've had a lot of time doing nothing but sitting, soooooooo I was able to finish my character sheets.  Do I PM them or post them up here?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2015, 04:45:03 PM
I totally agree.... I've never broken a bone before, and I have to say, I do not wish to break any others.

though I've had a lot of time doing nothing but sitting, soooooooo I was able to finish my character sheets.  Do I PM them or post them up here?

PM works best

Seeking New Stories

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN