Interest Check for St. Arcadia Academy (Hentai, based on Discipline series)

Started by NileGoddess, June 06, 2013, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it can be annoying they judge new people in same standard measure. But same way occurs when new folks apply to E itself; they go through same application process like everyone else (well, expect those who joined years ago when site was founded, like me example :P). It's not meant any offensive way, just that the fresh members to site joined in to the game, posted couple and then disappeared from face of earth without warning.

So, it kind of raises the bar higher to enter as they do not want go through entire profile reading and accepting process unless they know person will likely stick and they do not know does person stick or not if their new. So that's why Nile asked you ask again in few weeks.

But if you have no inspiration to the game anymore it should be not be issue then, but I and others have tried point out why the call was made (according what we know about our GM's).

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on January 21, 2015, 05:03:01 PM
Girls. GIRLS! You're all pretty, no need to fight over it. Both sides have legitemate statements, but in the end, it's the GM's choice. I too would say it's extreme to hold people away from a game because they're new to the site, but I can't deny that I've seen a lot of what has been described above, and it definitely hurts a game.

Now, can the discussion please cease before my questions are buried in 15 pages of an unnecessary discussion?

Yeah, I go silent now :). Anyways good luck in the process, overall just remember the key rules in background; there must be solid blackmail material and that Morimoto's are not criminals (they exploit others failures and blackmail them, but otherwise they are valid business empire). Those two issues regularly show up in people's backgrounds.

Letrixia

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 21, 2015, 05:07:35 PM
Well, it can be annoying they judge new people in same standard measure. But same way occurs when new folks apply to E itself; they go through same application process like everyone else (well, expect those who joined years ago when site was founded, like me example :P). It's not meant any offensive way, just that the fresh members to site joined in to the game, posted couple and then disappeared from face of earth without warning.

So, it kind of raises the bar higher to enter as they do not want go through entire profile reading and accepting process unless they know person will likely stick and they do not know does person stick or not if their new. So that's why Nile asked you ask again in few weeks.

But if you have no inspiration to the game anymore it should be not be issue then, but I and others have tried point out why the call was made (according what we know about our GM's).

Yeah, I go silent now :). Anyways good luck in the process, overall just remember the key rules in background; there must be solid blackmail material and that Morimoto's are not criminals (they exploit others failures and blackmail them, but otherwise they are valid business empire). Those two issues regularly show up in people's backgrounds.

bahhh sorry this is the last thing I will say really!

YEs true elliquiy judges the same but not really. The questionnaire is meant for them to judge people by people and not the same. They ask questions to know you! so nah its not the same. now I will shut up hehe.

NileGoddess

Wow people, for real? I will reply to this mess when I get off work (as well as doing some reporting).

St. Arcadia players, please let me handle these things.

NileGoddess

First and foremost: this is NOT a socializing thread. Existing players, do not post in this thread. Interested players, a comment or two is fine, but do not banter back and forth directly in this check. It makes it difficult for me to keep track of things if I have to parse between posts and posts of casual conversation. Thank you.

Letrexia, you were not granted entry to the game because when you applied, you had barely been on the forums. Below is the date you posted your interest, August 27th of 2014.

Quote from: Letrixia on August 27, 2014, 03:08:31 PM

On Elliquiy, players may refuse to roleplay with others based on preferences. One of mine happens to be I prefer not to play with brand new players. This is a policy forged from previous experience. New players to the forums often show high drive and interest, but quickly lose that interest and simply drop, or even stop using the forums entirely without so much as a warning. Is this always the case with new Elliquiy users? Of course not. But it has happened enough to me that I simply invoke the policy of at least attempting to show your commitment over a relatively short time period. Below was my response to you:

Quote from: NileGoddess on August 27, 2014, 03:48:43 PM
Letrixia, thank you for the interest too. I will have to hold off on reviewing your character because you are relatively new to Elliquiy. We have had new people join, post once in the OOC, then vanish many times. It makes the game difficult, so I will ask that you check back in a few weeks once you have had more time to explore what you are looking for on E.

Note how I request that you check back in a few weeks. I am not a babysitter. I had no intention of monitoring your activity and reading your posts on a daily basis to see if you were posting every day. However, you did not see this, and assumed I was ignoring you. I will admit, it was grouped in with some other things, but it also shows that you did not fully read my replies. Not only that, but you replied in a fairly passive-aggressive manner, acknowledged that you missed my request, and furthermore, continued to disregard my initial request to check back in after a few weeks:

Quote from: Letrixia on September 20, 2014, 05:26:53 PM
aaand my profile got ignored. Looks like I am not too good for this rp either.

Quote from: NileGoddess on September 20, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
Did you see my reply when you posted?

Quote from: Letrixia on September 20, 2014, 07:39:52 PM
Nop I didn't notice it.

You check back in after one week had passed, when I had asked for a few, still seeming to think that I was monitoring you and would be getting back to you.

Quote from: Letrixia on September 30, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
So am I approved or not?

At this point, you had already ignored me once, so I did not bother reminding you a third time of why I was not approving your application. Which brings us to what occurred a few hours ago.

Quote from: Letrixia on January 21, 2015, 04:07:38 PM
Mmm yeah I was neglected join because 'I was just too new to the site'. This rp has a lot of restrictions to join

First of all, you were not neglected because you were too new to the site. You were asked to show that you were interested in continuing to roleplay on E, and if you were, then you would resubmit your interest to be considered for approval, for the reasons that I stated above. I explained this to you in writing, which you missed and ignored, and I had to direct you to it a second time, which you ignored yet again. You also chose to never follow up with a PM privately.

Second of all, you were deliberately airing your dirty laundry in my interest check. No posts prior to yours mentioned you by name, therefore you felt the need to trash-talk the game about restrictions of your own free will.

Yes, this game has rules, but it has run for almost 4 years with those rules, and more importantly, the amazing people who follow those rules and help enforce them made it run so long. 4 years. I was a junior in college when it started, and since then, I have moved across a country to start a career and been displaced from my family. This game continued through all of that. Is it going to run forever? Of course not. But the people who play in it are having fun.

Quote from: Letrixia on January 21, 2015, 04:23:56 PM
Nah I will not join a game where the gms care more about how their story goes than their players.

The story is written by the players. This is a group game, written by the players. The players write because they enjoy the story, and the story is good because the players enjoy it. I find this to be a personal insult towards me.

As you've said, you have forfeited any chance you have to play in this game, and I have brought this to the attention of site staff. Do not post in this check any more. If you wish to correspond further, it will be via PM.

This will be the last of the matter. Any posts after this will be strictly St. Arcadia interest related.

Lynnette

Name: Kasumi FUJIOKA (花澄 藤岡)

Position: Transfer student

Sexual Preferences: Bisexual, claims to be straight. Her preference in terms of dominance and submission depends heavily on the person, but she considers herself dominant, even if she's not very experienced. As far as kinks and such, Kasumi doesn't have much, please send me a PM and we'll discuss. Virgin

Appearance: Kasumi has blonde hair reaching midway down her thighs. Her eyes are in a clear sapphire-blue, and her body itself stands roughly 5'6". Her body is overall on the more athletic side, with a little bit of tomboy included in the mix. A relatively slim waist, paired with decent hips, long thin legs, and a rather modest yet not flat bust, sporting C-cup breast.
When it comes to more casual outfits, Kasumi's style tends to lead towards outfits sporting a cardigan or a light jacket, the rest of the outfit often being built around it. It can be very situational, but it does not uncommonly end up going along the lines of a short skirt, some white top and a jacket or cardigan over it. As far as footwear goes, Katsumi is fond of flat-heeled shoes, normally light cloth shoes, but often ends up wearing slightly raised shoes just for looks' sake.
Image 1
Image 2 (NSFW)
Image 3 (NSFW)
Personality: Kasumi's personality falls very much into the Fallen Princess archetype. She's used to being treated like the upmost importance, and is used to having things just the way she wants them just by pointing at it. It has been a rather big part of her life to be popular just because her wallet was the thickest, and it will be hard for her to turn away from her old ways and plant her feet back on the ground instead of just flaunting her father's money.

Overall, it's not in her intentions to be the way she is. She does have a kinder side, and even if it's rarely seen, she does her best to express it. While she can get quite aggressive when it comes to conversations, she has more bark than bite. Even if her tongue is sharp and she's not afraid of standing up for her case when it's just talk, she's not very good at executing what her words might've said. She quickly gets carried away and has made both threats and promises she hasn't been able to upkeep. She's not of the type that likes to get pushed around, and likes to feel in charge, even if she's not the best leader. She has gotten used to the way of being able to buy herself friends, something that worked out well in the past, when there was actually money that could be spent. As a side note, since she just returned to Japan, she still has problems reading Japanese. She speaks it fluently, but reading it has become a challenge.

<WILL BE REMOVED AT A LATER POINT> By the start of the game, she has yet to be informed anything regarding why she was suddenly told to transfer schools. <WILL BE REMOVED AT A LATER POINT>

Purpose at Arcadia: Katsumi's parents, Akio and Jiro Fujioka, owned a rather big company developing paramedicals. However, when Jiro took over after his father, profits took a turn for the worse and the man became quite desperate to save the company his family had owned for generations. In his despair, he paid a local gang to break in to one of the other nearby research centers to get the upper hand. After all, he was approaching bankruptcy either way, so he saw little reason not to take the risk. When the recipe returned, it was licensed and the medicine was a major success, quickly making what had been a dwindling company into one of the best. Even if new researchers and other workers were employed, it wasn't enough however, and the routine continued. He had but a single child with his wife, though using the money that the thievery earned, she was sent off to exclusive boarding schools all around the world and didn't see much of her parents.

However, when the gang he had been utilizing eventually said they weren't interested anymore, Jiro took it into his own hands, and with the help of a very small number of loyal employees, they broke into one of the many branches of the Morimoto-family's industries to secure themselves one of the biggest sums as of yet. However, when caught, they were pressed with either complying to work with the Morimoto, or face lawsuits that would leave both Jiro, and the entire bloodline for that sake, in a near unpayable debt. With no other choice, he complied, and Kasumi Fujioka was called back from the international boarding school she had been going to in Switzerland, to attend to the Saint Arcadia academy as a part of the demands set by the Morimoto-family.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

NileGoddess

One thing to note is that the virginity aspect would be likely very shortlived in this game! I just wanted to bring that to your attention in the event that a lot of the character concept is built around it. As a virgin, how would she take to some of the more explicit acts that are sometimes publicly visible during the school?

In regards to the appearance, students will wear uniforms on weekdays, though after classes and weekends they are free to wear whatever. Just something to be aware of.

Otherwise, I think the rest of it looks good. Like we corresponded, please be aware of implementing her snobbish attitude with what you know of the Discipline universe.

Lynnette

Quote from: NileGoddess on January 23, 2015, 06:41:34 PM
One thing to note is that the virginity aspect would be likely very shortlived in this game! I just wanted to bring that to your attention in the event that a lot of the character concept is built around it. As a virgin, how would she take to some of the more explicit acts that are sometimes publicly visible during the school?

In regards to the appearance, students will wear uniforms on weekdays, though after classes and weekends they are free to wear whatever. Just something to be aware of.

Otherwise, I think the rest of it looks good. Like we corresponded, please be aware of implementing her snobbish attitude with what you know of the Discipline universe.

I know, I included the virginity aspect to make her big mouth a more... What should I call it, punishing factor, I'm not against having it gone relatively quickly in the game. As far as how she'd react... I guess it'd depend. If it was somewhere a bit more secluded, she'd likely just back away and pretend she hadn't seen it, if it was very publicly, I'm not entirely sure, I think it'd depend on how it was brought up.

I know, I just decided not to bother the uniform since it's standard for everyone, so I felt no need to cover it in my sheet. I'm aware that uniforms are to be worn during school hours.

And yeah, I know. We'll see how prominent it becomes, I want to try playing around it, but if it doesn't work out, I'll just resolve it quickly and just have it gone for the rest of the game. If it works however, I'll stick to it for wherever might be a good point to peel it away. I do know that she'll likely end up bashing heads with several characters because of her attitude, and I'm fine with it, it'll be interesting to see how it works out. I'll be leaving a solid trail of vulnerabilities behind her though, at least that's the plan.

With all this in mind, going by your words, I take it she was approved?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

NileGoddess

Okay, I think that will work.

Take your character profile and post it in the Character Thread. I will then assign her to a homeroom and dormitory. After you have done that, be sure to read the Student Handbook for some OOC/IC rules. And lastly, post in the OOC thread to introduce yourself so we can get working on where to get you started. Be sure to read the first post, which contains most of the core game rules.

EmyKat

My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

NileGoddess

EmyKat, yes this game is still moving. We are in a bit of a lull right now, but if you are interested, please read the first post thoroughly, and pm me any questions you have or just post them here.

Timidity

To those I'm writing with, read the A&As for a brief heads up.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

NileGoddess

Leki

Sort of feel bad for necro'ing this thread, but I'd like to ask if this roleplay is still accepting new applicants?
Noticed the roleplay a few days back and it caught my interest, but I've been a bit undecided due to; not knowing if it was open, and the semi-sluggish pace of things. Woke up today and figured I might as well ask instead of pointlessly contemplating xD

Haibane

Hi Leki

Thank you for your interest.

You are not necroing a thread - this is our interest and application thread!

Yes, the game is running and yes it is very sluggish at the moment, mainly due to muse problems with some of our writers. And yes again, we are accepting new players and characters as well.

Have you seen the hentai series Discipline? Or played the H game? We are basing the RP very closely on that and watching at least the first 3 episodes of the hentai will help you a lot. The hentai gets very silly in its second half so we are concentrating on the setting when the Morimoto sisters are in control, before the students attempt to usurp their power and bring down the system. There is scope for some student unrest and investigation of the school and its dark secrets in the RP but we are taking pains to keep that within a framework of some sense!