Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of Destiny [Interest Thread]

Started by Jason, December 03, 2012, 04:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

The Time for War has began.

The Kingdom of Kelna, a beautiful land etched with mysteries, has come under a time of dynastic war. The War between the House of Weiwyrm and the House of Schwarchen, the two prime cadet branches of the Royal House of Potentia, fight for supremacy over the Kingdom. They seek a common goal: the Throne of Kelna for their Faction.

Not too long ago, when the war was waged with sword and shield, a mage, named Merlyn, had begun to discover the mysterious forces of the World of Duel Monsters, and the Shadow Creatures from which they came! Along with her protectorates, they sealed the monsters in cards, and were given to those strong enough to wield them in their power.

The two Houses still fight for possession over the Kingdom of Kelna. The House of Weiwyrm and the House of Schwarchen, now wielding the mighty Dragons of their homes, wage war over the Kingdom! Chivalry, Feudal Lords, one man’s greed, and civil wars rage across the land, and need to come to an end!

You are a fated Duellist, one of many, whom has been gifted the chance to use a Duel Monster Deck! Only one side can win the war, so which House shall reign supreme? The House of Weiwyrm, whom embroil themselves with the All-Mighty Blue Eyes White Dragon? Or the House of Schwarchen, those associated with the Enigmatic Red-Eyes Black Dragon?

There's only one way to settle this...

Its Time to Duel!

Setting
The main setting of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of Destiny is set in the High Fantasy Medieval Kingdom of Kelna, an Arturian-times country, which has came under the dynastic war between the two Cadet Branches to the Royal Family. Thus, it is quite based on the War of the Roses (The Battle between the Red Roses of Lancaster, and the White Roses of York.) Thus, your character will be a, preferably human, Duellist of the Kingdom, of either the House of Weiwyrm or the House of Schwarchen, and you will be engaging in the conflicts and events that occur in the Kingdom, particularly Duels against the opposite faction for Territory of Kelna.

Now, though this game is very similar to the concept of the game Duelists of the Roses, the Duelling system is, indeed, unique, and canon characters (such as Yugi Muto/Yugi Mutou or Joey Wheeler/Katsuya Jonouchi) will not be usable. Because it is a High Fantasy Medieval Kingdom, I will allow the appearance of original characters whom fit the scenario. More on the Duelling system will be revealed in the below section.

Structure
This role-play is a free-form, and uses no system save for duelling. After receiving permission from Laughing Hyena, this role-play will use the very successful Duelling system he conjured. It would be advised, however, that in each post you include a heading which would include your character's name, his location, and who with.

Duelling Rules include the following: Each Duellist has 4000, or 8000 Life Points (agreed prior OoC), and will be required to post at the end of their move a Summary of their field, including their Life Points, number of cards in their Deck, Hand, Graveyard, Banished Pile, and their field.
For example:

LP: XXXX/X000
Deck: X
Hand: X
Graveyard:X
Banished:X

Field:[Empty Slot]

Monster Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

Spell/Trap Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Facedown] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

[hr]
[center]
[b]LP:[/b] XXXX/X000
[b]Deck[/b]: X
[b]Hand[/b]: X
[spoiler=Graveyard:X][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Banished:X][/spoiler]

[b]Field:[/b][Empty Slot]

[b]Monster Card Zone:[/b]
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

[b]Spell/Trap Card Zone:[/b]
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Facedown] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot][/center]

Deck Construction must include a minimum of 40 Cards, and a maximum of 60. If a Deck has an Extra Deck, they may contain a cap of 15 cards. These cards, in the application, must be listed from 1 to 40-60 Cards (Extra Decks not included) and cards for Destiny Draws must have an Asterisk before the number (you may have a maximum of five Destiny Draw Cards.)

I severely discourage the creation of FTK/OTK stylized Decks, as they remove a significant portion of fun from the Game.

Drawing from the Deck will be done by a Randomizer, in order to maintain fairness. The Destiny Draw mechanic works when a Duellist is losing a Duel, and (once per duel), during their Draw Phase, draw either one of five Destiny Draw cards during your Draw Phase.

Custom Card Creation is permitted (including Erotic Cards), so long as the Orica (Original Card) is created off another card, with identical game mechanics as the card (save the name.) Also, you may not have the card which you created your Orica off in your Deck.

Additional Links include:
Yugioh Card Maker
YugiCo Card Creator
Forbidden/Limited Card List
Rules

How do I apply?
You apply by showing an interest, of course; and what better way to do this than to apply your character, or even simply voice your interest! The application, provided below, will allow you to create (or shape) your character to fit the setting.

[float=left](Character Profile Picture here; Headshot or bust, no bigger than 300 height and 500 width)[/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] (Weiwyrm/Schwarchen)
[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b] (Dominant/submissive, straight, bi, etc. Can also include kinks.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Brief written description, in addition to picture (please spoiler the picture!!)
[b]Personality:[/b] (How they act, quirks)

[spoiler=Deck]
[b]01[/b] - (Name of Card; if Orica, provide a URL Link with an image (preferably wrapped in the text), and if NSFW tag it [NSFW] in bold)
[b]02[/b] - (Repeat the above, below)
[b]03[/b]
[b]04[/b]
[b]05[/b]
[b]06[/b]
[b]07[/b]
[b]08[/b]
[b]09[/b]
[b]10[/b]
[b]11[/b]
[b]12[/b]
[b]13[/b]
[b]14[/b]
[b]15[/b]
[b]16[/b]
[b]17[/b]
[b]18[/b]
[b]19[/b]
[b]20[/b]
[b]21[/b]
[b]22[/b]
[b]23[/b]
[b]24[/b]
[b]25[/b]
[b]26[/b]
[b]27[/b]
[b]28[/b]
[b]29[/b]
[b]30[/b]
[b]31[/b]
[b]32[/b]
[b]33[/b]
[b]34[/b]
[b]35[/b]
[b]36[/b]
[b]37[/b]
[b]38[/b]
[b]39[/b]
[b]40[/b]
[/spoiler]

aya

Bookmarked~ But the 1-of rule kinda puts me off. Really limits your deckbuilding options in my opinion. If you're worried about OTKs, can't we all just be nice people and not abuse Magician and Shark? Or even making certain custom bans for this game like Magician to 1, etc. I would have wanted to make a female knight character who uses a heroic champion deck, but 1 copy of each monster means I can't even play rescue rabbit, or run multiple copies of the warriors (like Double Lance, who special summons another copy of himself).

Jason

Well, I suppose you do put forward a good point ^^. I'll alter this restriction with pleasure, and if we get more attention, a Customized Ban/Limit on cards can be used; I guess this way we can bring about more prospecting duellists! ^^

I'll be getting my Application up soon!

Togashi

I'd be interested in this if we have a custom list.

Togashi

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Lucian
Faction: Unaffiliated
Sexual Preferences: Straight(Dom, possibly sub for the right person)
Appearance: Short dark hair, deep blue eyes, and soft skin mark this tall man's appearance.
Personality: A quiet magician who believes that actions speak louder than words, Lucian does not believe in the dogma of either side. Instead he believes that no true king could come from this war, so instead he has chosen to rise as a champion of the people, protecting the innocent caught in the middle, or harassing the oppressors(where he see's oppression) of those under their control regardless of which side is doing it.

Deck

01 - Dark Magician
02 - Dark Magician
03 - Dark Magician
04 - Skilled Dark Magician
05 - Skilled Dark Magician
06 - Dark Magician Girl
07 - Dark Magician Girl
08 - Night's End Sorcerer
09 - Magician's Valkyria
10 - Magician's Valkyria
11 - Magician's Valkyria
12 - Magician of Black Chaos
13 - Dark Eradicator Warlock
14 - Buster Blader
15 - Sorcerer of Dark Magic
16 - Sorcerer of Dark Magic
17 - Old Vindictive Magician
18 - Old Vindictive Magician
19 - Old Vindictive Magician
20 - Relinquished
21 - Trap Jammer
22 - Magic Jammer
23 - Ready for Intercepting
24 - Ready for Intercepting
25 - Ready for Intercepting
26 - Bottomless Trap Hole
27 - Bottomless Trap Hole
28 - Torrential Tribute
29 - Magic Cylinder*
30 - Dark Magic Curtain*
31 - Dark magic Attack
32 - Dark Magic Attack
33 - Mystical Space Typhoon
34 - Thousand Knives
35 - Black Magic Ritual
36 - Black Illusion Ritual
37 - Monster Reborn*
38 - Magic Formula
39 - Ancient Rules*
40 - Polymerization
41 - Diffusion Wave-Motion

Extra Deck
1 Dark paladin
2 Tempest Magician

Jason

Loving the interest so far, but we need more to make this work!!

Come on guys! :D

Laughing Hyena

Gensokian

I'm a tad interested, but I'm a bit confused on what you mean with the custom cards. You mean they're supposed to be retextures of existing cards, or completely new, original cards?

aya

Jason

Yeah, retextures, basically ;D

We need some ladies to even out the ratio here~

Silk

Once I know what darn deck I'll go with I'll get my character up xD

Gensokian

I think I can make do with this list, so long no one objects to the Banish Psychics.

Name: Malchovitch Pain
Faction: Schwarchen
Sexual Preferences: Straight, sometimes dominant
Appearance: Purple hair with a long ponytail, red eyes, typically wears a black jacket over his outfits, with sheathes for daggers on his beltline.
[/b]
Personality: While he can be laid back and friendly, when business needs to get done, he's intense, and won't back down for any reason, unless ordered to by a superior. Even while taking care of business, he can find the time to laugh, but if the situation calls for it, he can find the time to quickly unsheathe a dagger and plunge it into his target's chest.

Deck

01 Effect Veiler
02 Effect Veiler
03 Esper Girl
04 Esper Girl
05 Esper Girl
06 Hushed Psychic Cleric
07 Hushed Psychic Cleric
08 Hushed Psychic Cleric
09 Mental Seeker
10 Mental Seeker
11 Overdrive Teleporter
12 Overdrive Teleporter
13 Psychic Commander
14 Psychic Commander
15 Serene Psychic Witch
16 Serene Psychic Witch
17 Serene Psychic Witch
18 Silent Psychic Wizard
19 Silent Psychic Wizard
20 Silent Psychic Wizard
21 Dark Hole
22 Emergency Teleport
23 Emergency Teleport
24 Heavy Storm
25 Miracle Synchro Fusion
26 Miracle Synchro Fusion
27 Monster Reborn
28 Mystical Space Typhoon
29 Psychokinesis
30 Bottomless Trap Hole
31 Bottomless Trap Hole
32 Call of the Haunted
33 Call of the Haunted
34 Call of the Haunted
35 Mirror Force
36 Psychic Overload
37 Solemn Warning
38 Solemn Warning
39 Torrential Tribute
40 Torrential Tribute

Extra
01 Ultimate Axon Kicker
02 Ultimate Axon Kicker
03 Ally of Justice Catastor
04 Black Rose Dragon
05 Hyper Psychic Blaster
06 Hyper Psychic Blaster
07 Magical Android
08 Naturia Barkion
09 Naturia Beast
10 Overmind Archfiend
11 Psychic Nightmare
12 Psychic Nightmare
13 Psychic Nightmare
14 Thought Ruler Archfiend
15 Thought Ruler Archfiend

Feels a bit short, but I can always improve it if necessary.

AidenWhite

Woo! I need to make a character for this right away. Go Blue Eyes!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Jason

I'm looking for about 2 more Ladies to join before I'll get the OoC up! Any lady Duelists out there?! :D

AidenWhite

I need to refine my ancient Blue-Eyes deck just a bit to meet the ban list. Also, I figure I can't use REDMD due to the fact that they are opposing factions, so I'm trying to figure a replacement for that. Probably Decoy Dragon or something.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

DigitLninja

I am interested... I am going to send you a PM with my deck list...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

aya

Quote from: AidenWhite on December 13, 2012, 09:07:44 AM
I need to refine my ancient Blue-Eyes deck just a bit to meet the ban list. Also, I figure I can't use REDMD due to the fact that they are opposing factions, so I'm trying to figure a replacement for that. Probably Decoy Dragon or something.

Finally getting to work on my profile. Also, for Aiden, you can just make an Original Card with the same effect- just change the picture and the name to fit the theme of your deck.

Togashi

aya

Name: Eir
Faction: Weiwyrm
Sexual Preferences: Straight and submissive, but not broken yet.
Appearance: Blonde, typically adorned in her knight's armor. She often is said to resemble a valkyrie, because of her outfit and prowess in the battlefield. Her helmet is adorned with wings as well.

Personality: Courage, Justice, Mercy, Generosity, Faith, Nobility, and Hope- Eir is the embodiment of the 7 knightly virtues and lives by them. She holds her faction in high regard and will fight for it, though she doesn't like to kill those that she has defeated in battle. Killing people that have already lost or are defenseless would go against her morals.

Deck

01 Queen of the Valkyries - Freyja
02 Queen of the Valkyries - Freyja
03 Valkyrie Goddess of Battle - Hildr
04 Valkyrie Goddess of Battle - Hildr
05 Valkyrie Goddess of Battle - Hildr
06 Noble Knight Artorigus
07 Noble Knight Artorigus
08 Noble Knight Artorigus
09 X-saber Anu Piranha
10 X-saber Anu Piranha
11 X-saber Anu Piranha
12 Valkyrie Goddess of Light - Lys
13 Valkyrie Goddess of Light - Lys
*14 Valkyrie Goddess of Wrath - Vrede
*15 Tragoedia
*16 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
*17 Valkyrie Goddess of Darkness - Skygge
18 Valkyrie Goddess of Darkness - Skygge
19 Sangan
20 Night assailant
21 Forbidden Lance
22 Forbidden Lance
23 Forbidden Lance
24 Mystical Space Typhoon
25 Mystical Space Typhoon
26 Foolish Burial
27 Dark Hole
*28 Monster Reborn
29 Heavy Storm
30 Reinforcement of the Army
31 Mind Control
32 Pot of Avarice
33 Torrential Tribute
34 Bottomless Trap Hole
35 Compulsory Evacuation Device
36 Dimensional Prison
37 Dimensional Prison
38 Starlight Road
39 Solemn Warning
40 Solemn Warning
41 Solemn Judgement

Extra
01 Wind-up Zenmaines
02 Leviair, the Sea Dragon
03 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
04 M-X Saber Invoker
05 Temtempo, the Percussion Djinn
06 Gagaga Cowboy
07 Abyss Dweller
08 Heroic Champion - Gandiva
09 Heroic Champion - Excalibur
10 Heroic Champion - Kusanagi
11 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
12 Blade Armor Ninja
13 Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn
14 Photon Papilloperative
15 Stardust Dragon

Gensokian

Oh, man, that deck is going to make me wish that I could use my Unknown Army; archetype I made meant just for taking care of the Xyz menace. ;3;

aya

Xyz don't really go with the theme, but.. I was having trouble finding enough custom art. Maybe I'll do it over time.

Laughing Hyena

Silk

The deck I'm using currently isn't too likely to win too many games, although I'm debating making a secondary deck using Helios archetype instead :>

Laughing Hyena

Name: Aramis
Faction: Weiwyrm
Sexual Preferences: Dominant and Straight ;
Appearance: Adorning himself in black and red robes indicating his position as advisor and mage within the Weiwyrm courts, Aramis has short grey hair and red-brown eyes. His cloak is clasped together by a brooch of gold bearing a river blue stone that he rarely goes anywhere without. His youth remains intact as if he has not exited his prime during the time spent alongside the courts.
Personality: Meticulous, thoughtful and quiet in his manners he prefers to let actions speak louder then words do. However when he does speak he tries to choose his words carefully because of his position within the courts and how others may view him. He has a strong sense of privacy and prefers to be left alone when the matter is not pressing or his time is not required. He's not a loner however as he prefers good company but it takes him a while to open up to the notions of new faces. When he speaks to another it is with assertion and strength within his eyes and his voice and body language.

Deck

01) The Grand Spellbook Tower
02) Spellbook of Alma
03) Spellbook of Alma
04) Spellbook of Life
05) Spellbook of Life
06) Spellbook of Power
07) Spellbook of Power
08) Spellbook of Wisdom
09) Spellbook of Wisdom
10) Spellbook of Wisdom
11) Wonder Wand