News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragonlance, the new tales (Open)

Started by discordantentity, August 07, 2010, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discordantentity

This will be an open ended Dragonlance game that revolves around the players and their stories, conquests, woes, and battles.  New travels and journies, new allies and friends in familiar places.  Come join the saga, and write some new tales to be told for ages by bards and commonfolk alike!

You just need a name, level, concept, class, race, and basic gear.  Each character has a story, so gather allies around you and let it be known for the bards.

Lady Scythe

i have never done one of these before so correct me if i'm wrong

Name: Evangeline McErrow
could you help me out on the other parts? this is the first time i've done this

"Crawling through this world as disease flows through my veins
I look into myself, but my own heart has been changed
I can't go on like this
I loathe all I've become"

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=14316

Lady Scythe

could i be like lost royalty from an old line of dragons who transform into humans, i like rejected their society and fled? could i like have travelled far to train with other dragons in battle fighting and techniques?
I can't go on like this

Lady Scythe

okay i think im set

Name:Evangeline McErrow
Race: Metallic Dragon: Silver (this was hard choosing between this and a red dragon from chromatic)
Dragon of Mystery level 6
class:loremaster
basic gear: Dragonlance, Greater: Footman's,  Dragonarmor,  Staff of Magius,   Flute of Wind Dancing , Glasses of Arcanist ,  Icon of Truth,
I can't go on like this

discordantentity

Sure, just rmember that the setting you need human form more than anything else.  Also what do you do are you a fighter, a mage, a cleric, a thief, a noble paladin, worldwise ranger, what is your exact skillset tailored to?

Lady Scythe

magic so id say mage, ive always been interested in magic in general so yeah
I can't go on like this

discordantentity

Sure why not, the staff seems like an artifact but weirder things have happened.  Now just think of some backstory that could constitute a short tale, think of your character and then think of their goals and how they relate to them.  Also look up spells, mages need spells.

Lady Scythe

K :) alright lets do this

Evangeline is one of the rarer of the silver dragons, she was considered nobility but had abandoned it at a younger age seeing as the elders were leaning away from peace and leaning towards war with humans. she wasnt opposed to war, just cruelty. so she set out to find her own layer, in the high mountains of Ansalon, under the tutelage of mages, dragon mages and the like and warriors, sometimes elven warriors, so that hopefully she could return to her clan one day with a better solution to problems, she had become involved in a clan of warrior elvens, she easily gave them aid, and began giving them the knowledge she had learned to their warrior mages, which were as rare as they sounded, she trusted them, but there was always a doubt that she would be betrayed one day
I can't go on like this

discordantentity

Silvers are good dragons, but if there was a corrupting influence that was in the clan area i can see that.  Even good dragons can get corrupted, so if you have the idea for the characters tale then we need to wait for more people.

Lady Scythe

I can't go on like this

schnookums

Heh, probably not the type of character you're looking for, but any chance I could introduce my little faerie dragoness to this? (apologies if they aren't Dragonlance canon, I couldn't find out of they were FR exclusive)

grovercjuk

If there is a slot going spare.
Character Name        : Thersa Dlan AKA Tess
Character Race        : Human
Character Class       : Rogue
Character Alignment   : Neutral Good
Appearance            :
             Tess is around 5 feet 2 inches with flowing blonde hair that she normally has in a ponytail, sea green eyes and a very attractive face that has such an innocent expression. She is dressed in a dark blue tunic and trousers, the tunic doing little to hide her breasts as it is so tight, or the slim figure she has.  Just how her  clothing fits she seems to be unaware off, or does she?

She has a shortsword strapped to her waist and a backpack from which hangs a crossbow otherwise she seems to carry little to distinguish her.

Character Concept:
         Tess freely admits that unlike many of her fellow rouges she missed out on the poverty, the drunken parents, the dead parents and all that they used to explain why they stole. She came from well off parents, had plenty of money and a good education. Basically she just liked to steal and if a man was dumb enough to fall for her looks and mistook her hands on his body for lust rather than searching out his valuables then that was his tough luck.

Although she had this thing, this thing that she hated in herself, she just could not bring herself to steal from the poor. Of course she would rather die than admit she had a good side, instead she justified it on the grounds that what was the point in stealing a poor mans purse full of copper when a rich mans was full of gold. Still it was troubling but she was sure she would grow out of it.

Short Background:

Tess is the youngest daughter of Lord Dlan of North Wood Manor a respectable middle ranking noble family. Her brothers have done the family well, the eldest is showing great skill in managing the family estates, the younger is now A knight of The Rose and serving the cause of good well indeed.

Whilst she is well aware of what is intended for her, a good marriage. And whilst her girlfriends chatter on endlessly about this lord or that and who their family will marry Tess's thoughts are elsewhere. Moving quietly around their houses at night, items vanishing lead to more than one servant being dismissed for suspected theft whilst Tess rides home in her carriage the loot safety stashed in her bags.

But like all things her life is coming to and end, the heir to the Lordship of Merton has been selected as her prospective husband. Leaving Tess with the choice of marriage to a man who whilst rich has the facial appearance of a pig or leaving quietly in the night and heading for a life on the road.