Darkbringers: Isekai Adventure (5th DnD rulesystem, some homebrew)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 03, 2019, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 05, 2019, 09:57:21 AM
Its why I am also choosing spells with utility over raw damage output.
I have eldritch blast, and dissonent whispers, but I'm looking for spells that let me communicate with my minions in ways that are just about impossible to detect or mess with the minds of do gooders and heroes. Combat and muscle is definitely something I will let someone have the spot light.

And dont sell yourself short, either. You are a paladin and the only character so far with healing potential as well as a portable base for the bad guys.
You picking the dark domain was what let me pick unrivaled mind.

Ummm.... Am I truly that forgettable? Maybe my Tanarukk should have been an assassin if he is that forgettable. I can heals good too guys!

PS - My snark is meant as a joke in case text doesn't convey it proper. And warlocks are as diverse as they come. Almost no two warlocks will have much in common save for Eldritch Blast. I honestly did think about that whole Paladin and Warlock eldritch combo but... unarmored bone wielding rage paladins man!

NotoriusBEN

My bad, hyena.
You were a barbarian first and foremost the last time I saw your character.

SilkenVenom

Having both Ja'rok and Vera would be somewhat redundant as they do almost the same thing and have nearly the same stats. They will only start to differentiate around level 6-7 when Auras kick on. Until then, Ja'rok will probably out class her.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: SilkenVenom on August 05, 2019, 10:57:04 AM
Having both Ja'rok and Vera would be somewhat redundant as they do almost the same thing and have nearly the same stats. They will only start to differentiate around level 6-7 when Auras kick on. Until then, Ja'rok will probably out class her.

Well I could think on rearranging my character so we don't become redundant or fill the same exact niche. Could also be the chance to set up a rivalry of sorts between the two paladins.

euanthe

Character Concept - Sexually Repressed Swordswoman

NB: The broad outline of the character is as a kind of secondary fighter and scout (through the Shadow Master Dark Blessing) with some controlling ability via the Dark Seduction Dark Blessing.

NB2: Although I've specified her as a futanari, I'm more than open to playing her as a girl, with her Dark Blessing focussed on women, albeit with her being sufficiently bisexual to allow for intraparty activities <3.

NB3: I've always thought that multiple-healer parties work rather well!

Name/Villain alias: Aoyama Keiyoko//Keiyurikyouu
Occupation (RL): Student/Shrine Maiden
Hobbies: Studying, Katana Training, Shrine Maiden Duties, Masturbation.

Personality: Keiyurikyouu - the name suggested by her devilish lover and patron, and something of a pun, having the literal meaning of 'welcome severe rain (with a lesbian flavour)' i.e. it gets you really wet - is a young woman torn loose from the sexual repression of her girlhood, and by far the wilder for it. She's had no concept of a willing lover, and it is only in the context of her patron's boons and Isekai power that she's beginning to develop such a thing. She thinks nothing of raping an unwilling lover into Ahegeo submission - but she’s tender, even adoring, with those partners who chose her freely. The hole in her heart can never truly be filled though, and it’s the hunt, rather than the having, that drives her endless search for new lovers.

Sexual Ons: Tentacles (Pitching or Receiving), Impregnation (Pitching or Receiving), Bondage (Pitching or Receiving), Ahegeo (Pitching or Receiving), Seduction and corruption (either gender).
Sexual Offs: Scat

Background: Keiyoko is the first child of a well-established family, trained from birth to be the finest of Shrine Maidens, a pure girl skilled at the art of spirits and sword. There were few distractions at her family’s isolated island shrine, and she met the heavy expectations placed on her, in her spiritual and scholastic studies, and in her sword training.

Around the time she was completing her schooling, chance caused her small, scenic seaside village to become a vacation spot popular with the Instagram set - and it was seeing them posing in their cute swimsuits and skimpy bikini's that made her realise that her sexual interests ran to women - and that her duty to further the family line was an intolerable burden to her. In class, other students viewed her as a cool, unapproachable beauty, and she only grew more isolated. To her, raised as she was, her lesbianism felt like a stain the other girls could surely see and shy from. For what girl - save for her perverted self - could lust with desire for another girl?

So her fantasies began to turn towards the nonconsensual, towards the idea of raping what she wanted from her classmate’s resisting bodies - and so too this began to drive her training, where she’d once sought to protect, now, she secretly desired to defile. She'd spend hours, secreted in the wet shadows, watching the holidaymakers pose and play, and if those shadows were a little wetter when she left than when she arrived, well...

One day, having finally driven her body to the point of death, she slipped beneath the dark waters, and all it took was the sight of the Kraken's - in her beautiful, feminine incarnation - nude body to crumple her resistance. Ironically, it was her patroness’s thick, throbbing tentacles that opened Keiyoko to bisexuality.

Charsheet

Keiyurikyouu

One incarnation of 'the Kraken'

Isengrad

Quote from: SilkenVenom on August 05, 2019, 10:57:04 AM

you could switch out the Dark Domain for the Red Dragon and be a Dragon rider. Ariel superiority, transport, Big ass fucking dragon backing you up, lay on hands to keep it kicking.

original artwork by karabiner

SilkenVenom

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 05, 2019, 11:11:17 AM
Well I could think on rearranging my character so we don't become redundant or fill the same exact niche. Could also be the chance to set up a rivalry of sorts between the two paladins.

I would never ask you to change anything. They are paladin's of different styles and flavors. I'm sure we could find a way to make it work. And without switching class entirely, there isn't really a way around the overlap. It's just something we'll have to deal with.

Quote from: euanthe on August 05, 2019, 11:15:14 AM

NB2: Although I've specified her as a futanari, I'm more than open to playing her as a girl, with her Dark Blessing focussed on women, albeit with her being sufficiently bisexual to allow for intraparty activities <3.

That's more up to you, isn't it? Vera is a futa/shemale (whichever term you would prefer to use), and you can never have too many futa as long as there is enough women to go around.  ;D

Quote from: Isengrad on August 05, 2019, 11:25:10 AM
you could switch out the Dark Domain for the Red Dragon and be a Dragon rider. Ariel superiority, transport, Big ass fucking dragon backing you up, lay on hands to keep it kicking.

I actually considered this, but decided it didn't work with the concept I was going for. Unless it was a Dracolich or something.

Pink Professional

There is nothing to stop Dracolichdom being the reason and Endgoal of your Dragon's loyalty.

As an aside, DM, how does Dark Seduction work with other Dark Blessed PCs and Light Blessed NPCs? Curious if there are any limitations on trying to subdue other players and the big Immortal NPCs and whether I need Guan to be a light sleeper.

euanthe

Quote from: SilkenVenom on August 05, 2019, 11:55:03 AM
That's more up to you, isn't it? Vera is a futa/shemale (whichever term you would prefer to use), and you can never have too many futa as long as there is enough women to go around.  ;D

I am a girl (as well)! <3<3<3

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 05, 2019, 11:59:45 AM
As an aside, DM, how does Dark Seduction work with other Dark Blessed PCs and Light Blessed NPCs? Curious if there are any limitations on trying to subdue other players and the big Immortal NPCs and whether I need Guan to be a light sleeper.

I would never do anything to my fellow PCs (that their players didn’t want me to).

NotoriusBEN

I was going to bring up the evil issue here later tonight or as zaer picked his group.

Id say the best way forward would be truce between the players. Dont be wang rods and attack or foil plans. We are evil, not evil stupid. We know we were summoned to this world to combat good heroes and possibly good aligned isakai heroes.

we could insult and snipe comments at each other, the vocal pecking order is always a constant trope of villainous doers

Pink Professional

Quote from: euanthe on August 05, 2019, 12:07:31 PM
I would never do anything to my fellow PCs (that their players didn’t want me to).

Sorry if that came out a little roughly; I don't believe you'd go around mindbreaking people left-and-right, but it is something worth knowing and is important in case their are enemies with similar powers, or who we'd want to use the powers on.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 05, 2019, 12:14:10 PM
I was going to bring up the evil issue here later tonight or as zaer picked his group.

Id say the best way forward would be truce between the players. Dont be wang rods and attack or foil plans. We are evil, not evil stupid. We know we were summoned to this world to combat good heroes and possibly good aligned isakai heroes.

we could insult and snipe comments at each other, the vocal pecking order is always a constant trope of villainous doers

I imagine there will be that truce element, but also that element of individuality. The setting has a lot of time-intensive elements involved what with training and building up a potential empire or Gold, so I imagine there will be timeskips and Split-the-party/plot elements as well where people can also differentiate themselves if they, say, have similar combat loops or something.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: SilkenVenom on August 05, 2019, 11:55:03 AM
I would never ask you to change anything. They are paladin's of different styles and flavors. I'm sure we could find a way to make it work. And without switching class entirely, there isn't really a way around the overlap. It's just something we'll have to deal with.

To be fair comparing sheet to sheet, it seems like Im more of an offensive paladin with my berserker style, you have more aliments and versatility. All I do is smash and smite basically whilst trying not to die.

Technically the enemy are no longer heroes. We were summoned to clean up their self inflicted mess. The karmic retribution for their audacity to slay a god of the world they were supposed to champion. In Samuel's mind, they are the villains. They may use real heroes as their vassals or such but he makes no issue about the side effects.

And Shatterspine is a Folk Hero even if it is for the villains side. ^_^

euanthe

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 05, 2019, 12:18:55 PM
Sorry if that came out a little roughly; I don't believe you'd go around mindbreaking people left-and-right, but it is something worth knowing and is important in case their are enemies with similar powers, or who we'd want to use the powers on.

I wasn’t offended!

Isengrad

I figure it might be somthing like the One Shadow Nine Fists from Historys strongest Disciple Kenichi, more of a Non-Aggression pact then anything else..though friendship can form from time to time, or rivalries.

Zaer Darkwail

About overlap; it's sort inevitable that some overlap is going on with dual class system. Also Laughing Hyena is correct his paladin is more offensive focused (and unrivaled mind is OP but so is unrivaled might for pure physical type as they get tons of weight carrying, speed and also HP). Unrivaled might was basic idea of a 'Hercules' or 'He-Man' type villains.

euanthe: I am fine either girl/female or futa for gender, I just keep mind I have to introduce a sexy fiend who is futa as your patron.

Pink Professional: I say dark seduction has no effect of other dark blessing received isekai villains (so can safely fuck them without turning them slaves to you), however hero isekai is unknown (even to evil side as it has never done before).

Anyways what comes pickings I let thread hang on week and then do picks if I got decent pool to choose from.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 05, 2019, 01:35:31 PM
About overlap; it's sort inevitable that some overlap is going on with dual class system. Also Laughing Hyena is correct his paladin is more offensive focused (and unrivaled mind is OP but so is unrivaled might for pure physical type as they get tons of weight carrying, speed and also HP). Unrivaled might was basic idea of a 'Hercules' or 'He-Man' type villains.

euanthe: I am fine either girl/female or futa for gender, I just keep mind I have to introduce a sexy fiend who is futa as your patron.

Pink Professional: I say dark seduction has no effect of other dark blessing received isekai villains (so can safely fuck them without turning them slaves to you), however hero isekai is unknown (even to evil side as it has never done before).

Anyways what comes pickings I let thread hang on week and then do picks if I got decent pool to choose from.

Damnit, now I really wanna do a more he man warrior! But losing proficiency to Charisma makes me so sad because I want to be both a charismatic orc of a hentai monster rather than those fat bulgy fucks.

Zaer Darkwail

You can be handsome brute as unrivaled might orc/demon. You just lack proficiency bonus with charisma and charisma skill checks (and other mental stats). You could have charisma 15 and thus have +2 charisma modifier. Or be charisma 10 and be still handsome as charisma is more measure of power influence with words and gestures (true lacking proficiency to intimidate sucks a bit).

Laughing Hyena

Kind of need charisma as a paladin, sadly. Not just for spell but also for smites. But if I decide to go fighter/barbarian, that could settle things. hmmm.... Something to at least think about. Would turn me full berserker.

Isengrad

Concept: The Wandering Martial Artist

Name/Villain alias:Hayate Furinji/ Gazra, The Demon Fist
Occupation (RL): Retired Long shore fisherman
Hobbies: Reading, Martial Arts Movies, light writing, Bird watching.

Personality: "Youth is wasted on the Young." This was the sentiment that ran through Hayate's Mind as he neared the end of his life. He was a man full of regrets, he spent most of his life living according to the expectations and the whims of others; Controlling parents, dismissive teachers, Patronizing bosses, and cheating girlfriends. Though always quick with a smile, with a laugh or a joke it was a mask he wore very well. He would keep to his hobbies, imagining himself in the role of the hero..or villain at times depending on the story.  When he finally decided to throw off the mask and live as he truly was it was to late to enjoy it for long. The life of a fisherman was harsh, and though he enjoyed it, his body did not. Once he retired he would spend his days in the park, watching birds and people, sharing his stories with anyone that would listen.

Gazra was born of recaptured youth, a man of honor and want. He spent most of his old life lieing so he never wanted to do that again, life was much to enjoyable when the truth was known. Living for his own wants, his own needs suited him well, he wears his heart on his sleeve so to speak(black though it may be now). He does everything with a zeal that can be either infectous or terrifying depending on the person viewing him. He loves to fight, to fuck, and to place his life on the line to feel alive. But he is Honorable, he believes in a fair fight(as fair as it can be fighting him) and relishes challenging people to single combat, and even a friendly wager.(Though you may not like the stakes)

Sexual Ons: Bondage with mundane items, rough sex, anal, betting ones body, non-con to con
Sexual Offs: Scat, torture, violent rape

Background:Born in Okinawa, hayates childhood was nothing much of note. His parents had planned out most of his life for him, spoke to the proper teachers, greased the right palms and did their absolute best to try and mold him into the ideal son. For the most part he tried to please them, tried to be the ideal son, the ideal student and even the ideal Boy friend later in life. It was all a mask, he spent his days choking down his own words, towing the line and cow towing to those in power. For a time he made his parent happy at the expense of his own, then something happened, something finally clicked inside him. He quit his job, he moved out of his home town and finally did something worth while.

The second Half of his life was spent doing hard work, but enjoying every second of it.He just could not enjoy it for long, he had taken hold of his life to late and his body was starting to fail. While he managed to work enough years to make retirement he was still not satisfied. the last 10 or so years of his life were spent withering away, crackling joints, the ravages of old age taking first his job, then his enjoyment in mundane activities. His wrists hurt to much to write, and finding large print books he was interested in was hard. He witered day after day, year after year until finally on his death bed he was approached by someone other than his family or freinds, they whispered an offer in his ear before he fell asleep. He must have said yes, for when he awoke next it was not in the middle of hospice care, but in a bright new world. And the echo of that deal echoing in his head....Now he had the chance to live the life he wanted, so what if he had to play the bad guy to do it.

Charsheet: Gazra, The Demon Fist
Gazra

I used a Subclass from Unearthed Arcana for the fighter, The Brute. A straightforward subclass that works well with the concept I had in mind. That and the mariner fighting style is also from UA.

Pink Professional

I've finished reworking Yamihi, and Gazra looks great.

Yumihi now feels much cleaner, has a much more defined theme and personality, and has a better niche as a Dex/Cha Rogue with a flair for the shadowy and seductive. He's now much better fitted as an information broker, a skill monkey, and a Roleplay character than he was before.

Now, I'm actually torn between the two characters; so I'll happily ask for opinions on which people prefer. Yumihi has the better Class niche, but Guan is stronger in a thematic way, and seems to be the most 'Good' character here; a Martial Combatant who is very pure in her desire to just live and rampage but who isn't inherently evil.

Yumihi on the other hand is probably one of the more evil characters, with a very twisted hedonistic approach to things. He is supremely Charismatic, has lots of skills and useful spells, and is the only Rogue we have thus far.

Zaer Darkwail

Isengard: I approve the UA brute archetype and mariner style. So char approved. Albeit pic wise he appears he could be half-elf but could be demonic influence on human :).

Isengrad

Thats what i was going for, the influce since hes feindish...or little gentic anomoly from a half elf grandmoter in that world

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 05, 2019, 05:34:12 PM
I've finished reworking Yamihi, and Gazra looks great.

Yumihi now feels much cleaner, has a much more defined theme and personality, and has a better niche as a Dex/Cha Rogue with a flair for the shadowy and seductive. He's now much better fitted as an information broker, a skill monkey, and a Roleplay character than he was before.

Now, I'm actually torn between the two characters; so I'll happily ask for opinions on which people prefer. Yumihi has the better Class niche, but Guan is stronger in a thematic way, and seems to be the most 'Good' character here; a Martial Combatant who is very pure in her desire to just live and rampage but who isn't inherently evil.

Yumihi on the other hand is probably one of the more evil characters, with a very twisted hedonistic approach to things. He is supremely Charismatic, has lots of skills and useful spells, and is the only Rogue we have thus far.

Gazra is in my opinion the better character for group dynamic and roleplaying potential.  That to me matters more than niches filled.

Isengrad

What it comes down to is what would you have more fun playing if you got in, that's what you should be worrying about.

Pink Professional

Both have a fun playstyle and niche now, so I guess I'm mostly looking for Team Dynamic; both as a fighty-stabby group, and as interesting figures to rub off on and clash again.

Also, I'm assuming Gazra is meant to be Guan, LH...Unless this is just a subtle way of saying that you don't want either of 'em, in which case...

...Ow, actually. I didn't realise a Hyena could be so catty.  :P