WitchCraft (Unisystem, Extreme)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 02, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

Yay!  Had to straighten out some math stuff with Peace we were able to get it all straightened out.  Just had to explain how I got some of the numbers I ended up with.  Background spoiler'd for length.  Also, when I have some time, I'm probably going to touch up the sheet a bit and fix some more of the formatting.  I added the elements from the expanded character sheet in the core book and changed some spacing/display of some sections.

Name: Alexandrea Fairbairn
Concept: Former soldier/slightly neurotic vampyre
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Strawberry blonde (prone to dyeing fits)
Eyes: Amber

Channeling Magic: 1

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength:6  Intelligence:2
Dexterity:7  Perception:2
Constitution:5  Willpower:5

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 54
Endurance Points: N/A
Speed: 24
Essence Pool: 69

Qualities   Point
Bard   9
Attractive   3
Attributes   6
Artistic Talent   3
Essence Channel   2
Increased Essence   2

Drawbacks~Point

Addiction3    (Experimental pharmaceuticals)
Cruel1    (Hunter instincts)
Delusion1    (Thinks she hears creators voice, never mentions voices in her head)
Honorable1    (Military background)
Obsession2    (Trying to maintain 'normalcy' via drugs)
Status2    (Originally classified as gov't property, now in flux)

Skill~Level

Chi Mastery1
Demolitions2
Dodge2
Driving1
Fine Arts(Turntablism)3
Guns(Assault Rifles)2
Guns(Handguns)4
Martial Arts2
Notice3
Stealth2

Power~Level

Vampyre15
Greater Shifting (Panther,Hawk)5
Manipulate Emotions3
Muse2
Common Vampyr Powers
Common Vampyr Vulnerabilities

Weapons/Hand to Hand:

WeaponRangeDamageCap
HK453/10/20/60/120D8x4(16)8
ClawsN/A1d8xStr(24)N/A
Bite(Animal)N/A1d6xStr(18)N/A

Possessions:
DJ Mixing Equipment (~$5000)
Used Chevy Impala (~$7000)
Used HK45 (~$750)
Class IIIa body armor w/ class IV plates (~$1000)

Contacts/Allies:

Character Bio:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alexandrea, Alex to her friends, originally came from the greater New York area.  Finishing high school, she decided that she wanted to continue on with college, though her family lacked the money to help.  Looking around, she decided on military service as the route to pay for school, as her father had served proudly and learned his trade there.  Her parents were concerned, especially as she was a young woman and their only child, but everything was relatively quiet at the time, so there wasn't much to worry about.

She went to the recruiters shortly after her senior year, and explained to them what she was interested in.  The recruiter asked her a number of questions, and determined she would do well in an MP brigade and signed her up.  Hardly a year had gone by before everything went to hell.  First the terrorist attacks, and she was sent home to help with the cleanup and keeping everything in line.  Then the hurricanes and other natural disasters, where she was activated again to help reinforce civilian police forces.

She heard about a new project that was being worked on, requesting female volunteers to assist with various policing actions in the middle east, particularly in sensitive religious/gender concerning details.  After a brief discussion with her parents she volunteered and was trained in a condensed course before going to “the sandbox”.

Her job mostly consisted of training the local women in the duties of inspecting other women and periodic duty at a checkpoint into the country, dealing with any women that came through as it was considered sacrilegious for men to touch women that they were unrelated to.  It was during one of her tines at the checkpoint that her squad was called to deal with a suspected terrorist in the hills near where they were.  A second squad would be along to help cover the checkpoint while they were away, but they wanted to move on the intel while it was still fresh.  So, they disappeared into the hills in their hummer.

It didn't take too long to find the lone house up in the mountains.  They checked the perimeter quickly, then knocked on the door.  When there wasn't an answer, the opted for a forced entry, which was about when everything went wrong.  Before they were more than 2 steps into the room a shorter man stepped into the group, seemingly grafted with thorny protrusions, and tore into the lead marine.  In short order the man cut a swath through the whole squad, leaving her for last.

The man grabbed her and held her still, however much she fought, whispering that he had saved her for last.  That he was going to savour her properly and that she would come to know her place in the world, just before biting her neck.  Apparently the man was more greedy than he thought, or she weaker than he expected, as she quickly found herself in the threshold realm.

Moments after her death, a trauma with which her soul was still reeling from, the man projected himself into that place with her.  Whispering that she would not escape his torments that easily, he began dragging her soul back into her body, recreating her as he was.  And that was when the second team arrived.  Apparently, someone on the team had their microphone open when breaching the door and the second squad had caught part of what happened during the entry.

As the vampyre was distracted with the forced creation of another, the squad came in to find the man crouched over her body, holding her in a threatening and somewhat lewd sort of way, and still moving slightly, the squad opened fire with all weapons.  Afterwards, there was little else to do than put their former compatriots into body bags.  Alexandrea's soul was still somewhat detached, confused and lost, working through the veil she was dropped in between her body and the threshold.  It took her some hours before her soul found her body, and still more before the sun set and she was able to awaken.

Suffice to say the medical examiners were confounded.  They were positive she was dead, what with no pulse, no breathing, throat half chewed out and so forth.  A report was sent up the line as well as a request for further instructions.  Before the next sunrise, a gentleman arrived via fast helicopter to take her on to custody.  All records of her retrieval, the particulars of her death and ore bizarre recovery were classified Top Secret and, for all intents and purposes lost.

Alexandrea spent the next five years in a CIA laboratory in DC, being poked, prodded, stabbed with needles, woken at all hours, scanned, analyzed, spindled and mutilated until the scientists literally ran out of experiments they could run.  She was able to find out that she was not the first vampyre they had held, and at least two had come before.  On the other hand, she was loyal to the US, a member of the military, and the longest lived of the vampyre's they'd had the opportunity to study in detail.

She learned very little of he existence, beyond certain minimums of what was needed to sustain herself.  She was able to find she didn't actually need blood, though, and convinced the lab people to bring her her music and equipment that she had out into storage just before deployment.  She couldn't play the clubs, but she could keep herself entertained.  She found a variety of ways to feed while in the lab, and likely (as far as she could tell) slept with almost every staff member at some point.  It was certainly more appealing than blood.  All she needed was an intense emotional response directed at her.  Additionally, one of the field agents who had encountered vampyres in the field and made stops by the lab on occasion to see what they had found and to visit with her.  During some of these visits he taught her a number of martial arts moves to help her focus and concentrate.

Of course, during her time with "the agency", they found her to be somewhat emotionally unstable.  They started her with fairly mundane antidepressants and other mood stabilizing drugs before moving progressively to more and more esoteric and experimental classes of medication.  None of the scientist mentioned that none of the myriad chemicals appeared to be at all chemically active in her body, but they seemed to make her feel better.  Now she makes runs to the lab pharmacy with a near religious fervor, taking dozens of pills on a strictly timed regimen that she alters each day based on sunset, with an alarm going off to remind her when to take the next dose.  They tried to cut back one point, but she nearly came over the counter after the pharmacist who was tasked to tell her.  Instead, its now just one more method for the lab to keep her on a short leash, even if it's all in her head.

Eventually, though, the lab ran out of tests, the scientist were bored and wanting field testing.  The director of the project (who she found out later was keeping her listed as an inventory item, like some experimental animal) allowed their request, and "in the spirit of inter-agency cooperation", lent her to the FBI to take part of a new investigative division, tasked with dealing with various items that did/'t fit comfortably into other units.

The one matter she has not brought up to either agency, however, is the fact that a few weeks after being put in the lab, she began hearing the voice of the vampyre that made her.  Sometimes taunting, others teasing, still other angry or crazy, it comes only once or twice a week now.  She has half convinced herself he's dead, but some part of her wonders if he's not just waiting for her to leave the halls and labs of the government where she will be more vulnerable.  Deep in her heart, she hasn't forgotten what he did to her, and even if she knows she's much stronger now, it means little to her fears and nightmares.

(Whether the voice is actually her creator or some delusion in her mind, or perhaps his reconbobulated ghost haunting her is left as an exercise for the GM.  She is generally limited to a 1 week supply of her meds with the understanding that anything beyond that requires an official request from her ‘handler’ on the FBI side.  She has started training in Tao Chi, but only has the most rudimentary of starts with it so far.  She has a number of vampyric abilities that she has not trained with or even knowingly used as of yet, being played at the moment as something that might be more ‘reflexive’ than intentional, and even then are likely to be used exceedingly rarely.  Once they’ve happened, she will have a reason to try to train them, but for the mean time, they’re dormant.)

edit: Added common Vampyr powers/vulnerabilities
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Thufir Hawat

Preliminary character sent to the GM. Waiting for confirmation now.
BTW, I've got maximum human Attractiveness and can use sticks, so you're warned ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

Name is Hernandez, Alvaro Hernandez
Concept:Warrior/Seeker of Knowledge/Weird one and True Immortal
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 75 kg

Channeling Magic:0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 4
Intelligence:3
Dexterity:3
Perception:2
Constitution:2
Willpower:4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points:45
Endurance Points: 35
Speed: 10
Essence Pool:48

Character Bio:
Quality:
Metaphysics:
True Immortal 15pts
Awareness 3pts
Battle Boost 5pts
Gaze of Dominion 4pts
Spirit Voice 4 pts
Thought Wall 2 pts
Maker 6pts

Mundane qualities:
Charisma+2
Looks+5
Status+1 (cop)

Drawbacks:
Destiny Rider1pt
Clown 1 pt
Cruel 1 pt
Fear of commitment 1pt
Minority (Latino) 1pt
Recurring Nightmares 1pt
Secret 2pts (helped a criminal escape because he was sure she's framed. The sex might have helped, too!)
Showoff 2pts (usually all it takes is entering the room, but still)

Skills:
1.    Acting 1
2.    Beautician 1
3.    Bureaucracy 1
4.    Cheating 1
5.    Computers 1
6.    Dancing (latino) 2
7.    Dodge 1
8.    Driving (car) 1
9.    First Aid 1
10.  Gambling 1
11.  Gaze (special) 1
12.  Guns 1
13.  Haggling 1
14.  Knives 2
15.  Martial Arts (S) 2
16.  Notice 1
17.  Occult Knowledge (S) 1
18.  Questioning 1
19.  Research/Investigation 1
20.  Seduction 1
21.  Smooth Talking 1
22.  Streetwise 1
22.  Weightlifting 1

The life of Alvaro...Mr Hernandez for you!
I ate from the peaches of Immortality to become what I am. See, there was this Chinese girl in San Francisco...
What, did you believe it? Screw it, you're easily duped. Let me start again.
To become immortal I nearly died, nearly being the keyword. Some guy in the 'hood wanted my ass. I didn't want to see his ugly face anywhere near me. He was a Big Deal in the 'hood, thinking people owe him everything, 'cuz he was with the... whatever. A gang I try to steer clear of since then. Anyway, the conflict was imminent.
So he tried to force himself on me, and found out I'm wearing a switchblade. Cut up his left arm in two places, before he pulled a gun. So, he shot me and ran away, or I guess he did.
When he shot me, I fell and screamed in pain. Don't know what happened in the meantime. ER, I guess...
I dreamed of glory and power, of creation and destruction, of creating beautiful objects, facing fearsome foes, and sleeping with beautiful girls in a land far away. I dreamt of my death.
And then I woke up, not needing a single stitch. So I jumped through the window, and went to see him. His hand was still broken, but that was to be the least of his pains.
I entered his room, and his eyes got all big, and round and scared. So I looked inside his eyes and entered his head, as I knew I could.
And remembering the pain, I made him pull his pants off and offer his ass to whomever wants to have it in his gang. I made him ask them to be their bitch. Submitting a person so completely despite his fear is a feat I haven't been able to pull off since.
Then I left, not bothering to see his incoming degradation, and returned to the hospital. In the morning, I signed off all the papers I had to and left before they could see my skin was whole.
Or so I thought. However, I was soon contacted by FBI, and offered a choice. I could take the blue pill or the red pill... one would get me in a government laboratory, the other, in a special unit.
Hey, it was Bush's age! Such things happened. Dunno how they're recruiting them now.
Since then, I have worked on a few assignments, both for FBI, my official job, and for less savoury ones. And on less savoury jobs. I can tell ya, but I'd need to kill ya then. You sure you want to know?
Smart choice.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ShamshielDF

So far the vampyr approves.  Two men, one drop dead handsome...a comment comes to mind about ambulatory happy meals...

This definitely looks good from her point of view.
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 09, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
So far the vampyr approves.  Two men, one drop dead handsome...a comment comes to mind about ambulatory happy meals...

This definitely looks good from her point of view.

Oooh everyone's characters look so good!  I'm going to go into mine and add the age and such, since I forgot to do so before.  Also, three is such a nice number so far :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

If the vampyre asks nicely, maybe... >:) Otherwise, you'd find Alvaro's will harder to break than usual.
Also, just added a bio.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Unless it's absolutely necessary, Shadow A.K.A Archer, is sooo not donating blood lol.  What kind of (former) thief would voluntarily offer his neck up, teehee.   Although you never know :P
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Vampyres in Witchcraft don't need to drink blood, actually. Some need to, but that's a Drawback, and she ain't got that one.
Most feed on your emotions, which can be fear and pain, or lust and happiness >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 09, 2011, 05:37:42 PM
Vampyres in Witchcraft don't need to drink blood, actually. Some need to, but that's a Drawback, and she ain't got that one.
Most feed on your emotions, which can be fear and pain, or lust and happiness >:)!

O.O  My goodness...that's actually really cool!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
O.O  My goodness...that's actually really cool!
It is cool, indeed. I'd venture a guess and say that this is why she chose to play a Vampyre :P.

I also wonder whether the characters know each other.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Mmm, I can't say for sure, but I'd probably say it wasn't too likely.  But than again, it's more than possible. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Its up to you really. If they've been working in government agencies, then it isn't out the question that they'd have had some interaction, not likely, but possibly.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 09, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Its up to you really. If they've been working in government agencies, then it isn't out the question that they'd have had some interaction, not likely, but possibly.

Peace, I want you on irc! *pout.*  Do you ever go on irc?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

I join the request for an IRC discussion ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

I'll send a skin tight cat suit wearing Archer to you as a bribe Peace!  Don't make me dooooeeesss it!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 06:09:22 PM
Peace, I want you on irc! *pout.*  Do you ever go on irc?

No, I don't, but I suppose I could be persuaded to change my irc-less ways.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
I'll send a skin tight cat suit wearing Archer to you as a bribe Peace!  Don't make me dooooeeesss it!

Devious. >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 09, 2011, 06:19:52 PM
No, I don't, but I suppose I could be persuaded to change my irc-less ways.

Devious. >:)

bwahaahhahaaa *sends mini kisses*  Your so awesome!  Hell I could be persuaded to create an temp irc channel for all of use, including ShamshielDF<3, to use!  So we can all talk together!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

*stumbles in, blinks*

I think someone's avatar hypnotized me into joining this game. I'm just posting here to get it in my New Replies list while I download the rules, see what's being played, and come up with a concept.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 09, 2011, 10:59:55 PM
*stumbles in, blinks*

I think someone's avatar hypnotized me into joining this game. I'm just posting here to get it in my New Replies list while I download the rules, see what's being played, and come up with a concept.

Pleads the fifth about the avatar comment!

Also yay.  So far we have a Lesser Gifted, Vampyre, And Immortal.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 09, 2011, 10:59:55 PM
*stumbles in, blinks*

Welcome to the party, the water seems fine so far ;D!
Also, Unisystem is IMO one of those games where the concept of "balanced party with magic user, meatshield, sneaky guy and healer" is best forgotten outright. Everybody has some skills in magic, for example, although not quite on par with a real Gifted.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 11:08:24 PM
Pleads the fifth about the avatar comment!

Also yay.  So far we have a Lesser Gifted, Vampyre, And Immortal.
That should actually give him more options as the Vampyre and Immortal aren't from the corebook, which is the free one ;). Thus, he can use several kinds of Gifted, a Bast or even a Mundane without worrying the characters would end up similar in play.
I wouldn't recommend Mundane for this game, as they can't even see half the fun, but that might be just me.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ShamshielDF

Vampyre is our requisite slightly neurotic gun-bunny/DJ.  Oh, and lets not forget a pretty, pretty party thus far ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

TheGlyphstone

What would be the best way to go about representing a Voodoo/Voudon practioner who calls up and makes pacts with Loa spirits to gain their blessings? The Spirit Mastery Invocation is obvious, but the Loa don't really match up to any of the example types of Spirits, and there don't appear to be any rules for possession.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Take a look at the Necromancy section, there are more spirit medium sort of powers there.

TheGlyphstone

Actually, that pretty close to what I was looking for, now that you've pointed it out - Loa aren't spirits of the dead, but the mechanics given there are close enough. It says Necromancy only works on the dead, though - can I work around that?

undisclosedtoyou

I've read through the Necromancy section, but I didn't really remember much about it, beyond the fact that they aren't out right evil, like a lot of settings portray them as being.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's