Promises in the Dark: a Reality Show (slots open, need more men!)

Started by Top Cat, June 10, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerri

Quote from: AndyZ on June 18, 2014, 09:41:04 PM
I know.  It's not a great idea but not sure if I can come up with a really awesome one of the correct gender in time.

Quote from: Top Cat on June 18, 2014, 09:50:28 PM
*points up* Kerri's got more than half of an idea already there for a male character, if you're willing to let her be the broken-winged angel lady she wants to be.  8-)

I'm willing to lend the man in the image and the idea to someone else, or like I've said I'm willing to play him. So Andy please do whatever you feel the most comfortable with, I'll fit in wherever I need to. I was last to show interest and don't want to kick anyone out of their place or their desired role.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Top Cat

* Top Cat nods.

If you strongly prefer playing a female character, AndyZ, by all means, make your character. It's entirely possible that we could get two more men in, allowing Kerri to shift over to the female side without any problems.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Keldia

Out of curiosity...

Would 36ish or so be pushing the limits of an age that is acceptable?
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Greytrail

Quote from: Keldia on June 18, 2014, 10:07:01 PM
Out of curiosity...

I don't see why that age wouldn't work just fine. This is a perfect game for diversity!

Top Cat

Quote from: Keldia on June 18, 2014, 10:07:01 PM
Out of curiosity...

It's on the upper end, but still within the stated range. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Keldia

Quote from: Top Cat on June 18, 2014, 10:16:51 PM
It's on the upper end, but still within the stated range. ;)

Awesome! I don't mind being the old one. ::)
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Sarah Morgan

This sounds like it's going to be an interesting game.  Too bad I'm just now seeing this thread, having gotten out of the habit of checking the group RP's wanted board of late, but I'll definitely be following along to see how this plays out.  It looks like you're all full up on characters, but following along and seeing everyone else's antics can be just as fun as participating sometimes!  :P

Top Cat

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on June 19, 2014, 12:19:32 AM
This sounds like it's going to be an interesting game.  Too bad I'm just now seeing this thread, having gotten out of the habit of checking the group RP's wanted board of late, but I'll definitely be following along to see how this plays out.  It looks like you're all full up on characters, but following along and seeing everyone else's antics can be just as fun as participating sometimes!  :P
Not full up, still have 4 slots open, but they'll be joining in pairs. We're looking for 8 to 12 characters, and we're presently at the minimum, 8. =^_^=

Feel free to make a character, and you'll be the first on the waiting list, for sure.
O/O / Story Seeds

Sarah Morgan

Cool!  I'm about to head for bed, but I'll get something written up sometime today, for sure.

KurganofPrussia

So, I found out that I have to go on a recruiting trip (damn college athletics!!) the whole next week, so I will not be able to respond until NEXT Sunday (June 29).  I am so sorry, I just found out about it.  So, please do not think that I am leaving the story, I have to go to some areas that have little/no service and talk to athletes and families and stuff, attend classes, all stuff so I will not be able to write.  I can send short messages, so if you want to gameplan or anything on here on messages, I should be able to. 

OR if we get an OCC thread I can check in there.

I am interested though, sorry about that.  I leave in about an hour... please hold my spot??

Top Cat

I'll keep it in mind, Kurgan, but I can't promise it unless we're very much not ready to start this weekend. =>_<=
O/O / Story Seeds

AndyZ

I have a really good chance of getting this one particular job I just found out today, so I'm reluctant to try to start too many more games or I may not be able to keep up.  I'm going to pass my spot to Sarah Morgan.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Sarah Morgan

Character name: Anna Foster

Gender and Sex: Female.

Basic personality: Anna tries to not let her past circumstances change what kind of person she's always been, though sometimes it can be hard.  She tries to be friendly to people she meets, though it's harder to do with men, and she's lately taken to being more observant when she first interacts with people, and it takes her some time to open up to strangers.  She's still someone who considers herself a nice person, one who doesn't manipulate others, and tries to find the bright side in life, optimistic rather than looking to find something negative to be depressed about all the time.

What happened to turn you off relationships? Anna was married to her husband Mark for three years, from the time she graduated college until a couple of years ago, when it was discovered that Mark, who taught college-level history, was having an affair with one of his students.  Needless to say, they divorced not long after the news came out, Mark having since married his student, and the two moving to a different town, though not far away.  Anna's just grateful she doesn't have to risk running into one or both of them every day, and still wonders how she could have misjudged someone so completely.  She wouldn't have thought Mark would be capable of such a thing, and is just glad the student was over 18, and a legal adult, and that Mark hadn't chosen to go into high school teaching.  Anna is hesitant to try a new relationship, afraid she'll make another mistake and be hurt again, and hasn't been with anyone since Mark.  Relationships and intimacy are something she still takes seriously, and she can't just sleep with anyone casually, using others just because other people do the same thing.

What are your strong points (pick three)? A good listener, loves to read most anything, as far as fiction, and likes to bake, especially lately.  It's
easier than cooking a whole meal, and she's taken to taking extra things to the neighbors, since she can't eat all of everything she makes.

What are your weak points (pick two)? Know-it-all or obnoxious and rude people, and her own fear of trusting new people.  She used to be more open and ready to be trusting until someone gave her a reason not to trust them, but now someone would actually have to work to earn it.

A picture or detailed description of my appearance Anna is around 5'6, with dark hair that falls to the middle of her back, and bright blue eyes.  Her hair is straight, rather than curly, and she weighs around 125 pounds.  She's not full-figured, but not completely flat-chested either, though she's on the smaller side, yet she thinks it fits with her height and weight fairly well.

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

Greytrail

Kerri

Quote from: AndyZ on June 19, 2014, 10:06:03 PM
I have a really good chance of getting this one particular job I just found out today, so I'm reluctant to try to start too many more games or I may not be able to keep up.  I'm going to pass my spot to Sarah Morgan.

Okay, now I'm a bit confused here... Is AndyZ's spot open, leaving a place for a female character, or has that been passed to someone else? I'm still waiting to see what kind of character is needed (Male/Female) before making a character sheet.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kerri

Sorry for the double post, but is there anyway we can get a current count of male/female characters for the game so I know what might be needed? I don't know if this is possible or not, I'm just throwing out questions. Sorry to be a bother.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

jessie20

I was hoping maybe I could join in, but...

1. Late to the game.
2. Unbalanced gender membership, I see.
3. Am lesbian (mostly), and would rather not write (too much) otherwise.

I was thinking, though...my character would have a failed marriage, because she wasn't terribly comfortable with sex and life with her male husband.  But she hasn't terribly come to terms with her sexuality.  The show's admin's divine this and are interested.  And...
Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

jessie20

Oh yes, and perhaps most importantly:

4. I haven't been in a Group game yet, and I wouldn't know my way around.

I know, I know, there's the door.
Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

Top Cat

Quote from: Kerri on June 20, 2014, 10:20:36 AM
Okay, now I'm a bit confused here... Is AndyZ's spot open, leaving a place for a female character, or has that been passed to someone else? I'm still waiting to see what kind of character is needed (Male/Female) before making a character sheet.
You're correct that it's gotten lopsided again. Let me run the numbers, and I'll get back to you.

Quote from: jessie20 on June 20, 2014, 10:46:51 AM
I was hoping maybe I could join in, but...

1. Late to the game.
2. Unbalanced gender membership, I see.
3. Am lesbian (mostly), and would rather not write (too much) otherwise.

I was thinking, though...my character would have a failed marriage, because she wasn't terribly comfortable with sex and life with her male husband.  But she hasn't terribly come to terms with her sexuality.  The show's admin's divine this and are interested.  And...

Quote from: jessie20 on June 20, 2014, 10:48:07 AM
Oh yes, and perhaps most importantly:

4. I haven't been in a Group game yet, and I wouldn't know my way around.

I know, I know, there's the door.
First, you're not actually late at all. We haven't started, we're still enrolling.
Second, yes, it seems to be.
Third, let me check with my co-GM on this, but I'm fairly certain that we can have a bisexual, lesbian-preferred cast member and let that be one of the Director's twists.

Fourth: A new Group player isn't a problem, seriously. Stick around, I'll get answers for you, and if/when you join the game, please don't be afraid to ask questions, either in the OOC thread or PM.
O/O / Story Seeds

Kerri

Quote from: Top Cat on June 20, 2014, 11:07:08 AM
You're correct that it's gotten lopsided again. Let me run the numbers, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks Top Cat, that would be appreciated.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

AndyZ

Apologies if I messed things up, but I'm no longer 100% I'll be able to keep up and don't want to mess things over for everyone else.  This is a game where the exact pairing is important, so I'd hate to vanish.

Kerri

Quote from: AndyZ on June 20, 2014, 11:11:56 AM
Apologies if I messed things up, but I'm no longer 100% I'll be able to keep up and don't want to mess things over for everyone else.  This is a game where the exact pairing is important, so I'd hate to vanish.

I doubt apologies are necessary AndyZ, not that I have any say in this game ;) but I think it's preferable that you drop it before than during, I also think we all understand the importance of rl obligations.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Top Cat

Here's the players that have expressed interest so far.

Keldia - No gender specified (Female, most likely)
KurganofPrussia - Male
Keaira - Female
Wisdomcube - Female (Player: Male)
AndyZ: Stepped out
Torterrable - Male
Lackinginheart - Male
Kerri - Undecided (Either, Fem preferred)
Sarah Morgan - Female
jessie20 - Female (Lesbian-pref)

So... presently if all of the players get their characters in as specified and preferred, we'll have 6 ladies and 3 men. So we need two or three more male players. =O_o=

And yet... we could run with this. I hadn't planned on having F/F play being a dominant factor, but if other ladies are willing to let it be, so am I. The only possible problem here is that audiences and directors like to have it seem like an evenly-balanced show... but we can just as easily say, "screw them," and go with what we've got. It'll mean that I need to adjust some of the plot elements, but there will be more tension, since it'll be impossible for everyone to "win." ;)

Since we haven't started yet, we can still bat ideas around a bit, and make changes and adjustments. I'd be happier with a group that's involved and helping create some of the subplots - that means that you'll be more motivated and interested, and far less likely to drop out after a week. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds